* * * * - 44 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#27331 Darshminder   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   374 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Darshminder

Posted 01 March 2019 - 05:58 PM

I received Persona Dancing Deluxe Twin Plus from Play Asia yesterday. It's a really impressive set, especially when compared to the PS4 Endless Night set.

Agreed. I received mine yesterday as well... Very cool for the sale price. Also received the Hori grip, plugged in the MGS collection to test it out, totally forgot that they relocated the items to the front touch screen, and realized that there's no way to reconfigure the buttons. Kind of a bummer, but I'll have to test out remote play later to see how well it works.

#27332 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2019 - 06:19 PM

Is the Persona Dancing Deluxe Twin Plus for Vita different from the PS4 one? The box looks a bit different.

#27333 Tweeg  

Posted 01 March 2019 - 06:27 PM

#27334 rappersk   One sexy Korean in New York CAGiversary!   160 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2019 - 07:39 PM

Agreed. I received mine yesterday as well... Very cool for the sale price. Also received the Hori grip, plugged in the MGS collection to test it out, totally forgot that they relocated the items to the front touch screen, and realized that there's no way to reconfigure the buttons. Kind of a bummer, but I'll have to test out remote play later to see how well it works.

This has been my experience too.  Unfortunately remote play is the same situation as well.  It seems that each PS4 game has a preset way of controls in remote play mode, so if a PS4 game uses front touch screen, it does not use rear touch.  Games like Destiny 1 supposedly complete remap Vita control, assigning shooting to R1 instead of R2, and so forth, which was praised by many (not sure about Destiny 2).  I am late to the party so I didn't know about this, so I am bummed as well.  But for the games that do use rear touchpad, this thing has been godlike, and it's a joy to hold and use.

#27335 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2019 - 08:24 PM

Very happy I ordered a new Vita from Japan 2 weeks ago. Prices keep going up

#27336 Darshminder   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   374 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Darshminder

Posted 01 March 2019 - 11:12 PM

But for the games that do use rear touchpad, this thing has been godlike, and it's a joy to hold and use.

Cool... Thanks for the response! Do you happen to have a list of games that utilize the rear touchpad in this way? I'm itching to test this bad boy out!!!

#27337 rappersk   One sexy Korean in New York CAGiversary!   160 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2019 - 11:42 PM

Cool... Thanks for the response! Do you happen to have a list of games that utilize the rear touchpad in this way? I'm itching to test this bad boy out!!!

So far I was able to use it to a varying degree of success in following games:  Tearaway, Lumines, Little Big Planet, Ys Memory of Celceta, Borderlands 2 (personally my favorite), Super Stardust Ultra, Dynasty Warriors NEXT, Escape Plan, Killzone, Gravity Rush, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Need for Speed: Most Wanted (changing music), and, last but not least, Criminal Girls: Invite Only (I might be banned if I describe touchpad use in detail for this game).  Hori's grip does not do the best job for some games that support rear touchpad though, because some games require actual rubbing from top to bottom or back and forth, which is not really Hori's fault.

#27338 Darshminder   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   374 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Darshminder

Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:03 AM

So far I was able to use it to a varying degree of success in following games: Tearaway, Lumines, Little Big Planet, Ys Memory of Celceta, Borderlands 2 (personally my favorite), Super Stardust Ultra, Dynasty Warriors NEXT, Escape Plan, Killzone, Gravity Rush, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Need for Speed: Most Wanted (changing music), and, last but not least, Criminal Girls: Invite Only (I might be banned if I describe touchpad use in detail for this game). Hori's grip does not do the best job for some games that support rear touchpad though, because some games require actual rubbing from top to bottom or back and forth, which is not really Hori's fault.

Awesome. Thank you!

#27339 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3549 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2019 - 04:47 PM

Next Play Exclusive is Pato Box $34.99 on March 7th. Limited to 1,500 copies

Collectors edition only no standard copy available.

Box contents

• Pato Box Collector’s Box
  • Pato Box Game (region free)
  • Pato Box Manual
  • Pato Box 2CD Original Soundtrack
  • Pato Box Boxing Champion Numbered Certificate

pato-box-limited-edition-586479.28.jpg

This is a game I kickstartered for Vita but I have not had the time to add it to my playlist as of yet.

Always looked like a cool mashup of Punch Out and Madworld.

#27340 Moofboy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   482 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2019 - 01:57 AM

A mashup of Punch Out and Madworld sounds promising.

#27341 Palinn   Skip the odds. CAGiversary!   2244 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2019 - 03:11 AM

Can anyone recommend specific vita sellers on Amazon or is that not a good route to take?  I have been looking at the used blue and red 2000s.

#27342 SPORK94  

Posted 05 March 2019 - 10:06 AM

Can anyone recommend specific vita sellers on Amazon or is that not a good route to take?  I have been looking at the used blue and red 2000s.

toki409 is decent. I got a Soul Sacrifice like new from him and it was pretty mint. only thing I'm not sure why most japanese used shops make my boxes smell super musty and sometimes cigarette smoke.

#27343 thormx3467  

thormx3467

Posted 05 March 2019 - 10:44 AM

Did the RGB registry edit on both my 1000, and my girlfriend's 2000. Man, the 2000 model screen looks fantastic now. It makes me want a slim model as my daily driver. Lighter, no proprietary charger, better battery life, better accessory compatibility. There was a slight boost for my 1000, but I can't believe how much better her screen looks after it. OLED is still punchier when they're side by side obviously, but I don't think it's enough to outweigh the benefits of the Slim.

#27344 DarthPwner  

Posted 05 March 2019 - 11:20 AM

toki409 is decent. I got a Soul Sacrifice like new from him and it was pretty mint. only thing I'm not sure why most japanese used shops make my boxes smell super musty and sometimes cigarette smoke.

+1 on toki409

I bought a used Very Good condition one and it was mint. I got the 1000 red Japanese version from him. He has gone up lately in pricing, but I understand why.

#27345 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7497 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 05 March 2019 - 11:31 AM

Did the RGB registry edit on both my 1000, and my girlfriend's 2000. Man, the 2000 model screen looks fantastic now. It makes me want a slim model as my daily driver. Lighter, no proprietary charger, better battery life, better accessory compatibility. There was a slight boost for my 1000, but I can't believe how much better her screen looks after it. OLED is still punchier when they're side by side obviously, but I don't think it's enough to outweigh the benefits of the Slim.

While I always liked the 1000, the screen was the only thing I ever loved about it. Once I tried the 2000, it was as you stated, perfect in probably all other things and why I never went back to the 1000. Recently I have looked in to buying another 1000 for collecting and hacking purposes, but the 2000 is easily my favorite of the two in all things except for the OLED.

#27346 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2019 - 05:21 PM

I was testing out my new 2000 Vita versus my old 1000 Vita, and just viewing Ys VIII startup screen convinced me that I should just fix my 1000's battery.

#27347 SPORK94  

Posted 05 March 2019 - 09:40 PM

Does anyone know if the registry edit is permanent after removing hacks?

#27348 redman77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   292 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

redman77

Posted 05 March 2019 - 09:43 PM

+1 on toki409

I bought a used Very Good condition one and it was mint. I got the 1000 red Japanese version from him. He has gone up lately in pricing, but I understand why.

Agreed. Excellent seller. I pretty much exclusively have bought used Vitas and PSPs from Japanese sellers over the years. They tend to send handhelds in much better shape than US sellers. Very Good from a Japanese seller in my experience is basically Like New.

I'm kicking myself at not biting on the Minecraft Vita bundle on Amazon Jp last week. It was sold and shipped by Amazon -- got down to $195 plus shipping. I thought it would go down a little more, but it sold out about the time I was going to pull the trigger for $210 shipped. I have several other 2000s, so it's not a huge deal, but man are the prices on new PS Vitas ever climbing steadily. Went ahead and ordered another 32GB memory card for around $50 shipped from Amazon Jp. The prices on those suckers are going to skyrocket at some point, especially as cards start to fail over time, meaning that people who want to play their Vita unhacked will be in a bind.

#27349 SPORK94  

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:31 AM

Agreed. Excellent seller. I pretty much exclusively have bought used Vitas and PSPs from Japanese sellers over the years. They tend to send handhelds in much better shape than US sellers. Very Good from a Japanese seller in my experience is basically Like New.

I'm kicking myself at not biting on the Minecraft Vita bundle on Amazon Jp last week. It was sold and shipped by Amazon -- got down to $195 plus shipping. I thought it would go down a little more, but it sold out about the time I was going to pull the trigger for $210 shipped. I have several other 2000s, so it's not a huge deal, but man are the prices on new PS Vitas ever climbing steadily. Went ahead and ordered another 32GB memory card for around $50 shipped from Amazon JP. The prices on those suckers are going to skyrocket at some point, especially as cards start to fail over time, meaning that people who want to play their Vita unhacked will be in a bind.

If you really want to obtain any limited vita I suggest doing so very soon. I am so glad I bought a "Like New" Soul Sacrifice Model now because of this: https://www.amazon.c...UMZGEMRC5&psc=1

#27350 Palinn   Skip the odds. CAGiversary!   2244 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2019 - 01:19 PM

I found toki409 on eBay but I'm not sure he/she is selling anything through Amazon right now.  Amazon doesn't seem to make it easy to find a seller store unless I am just being stupid.

#27351 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7698 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2019 - 01:23 PM

I just beat the arcade mode on Windjammers with no continues while waiting for a state inspection for my car! I just had to tell somebody!

I love the Vita!

#27352 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3864 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:28 PM

Play-Asia finally fulfilled my metallic red vita order from Chinese New Year. Glad I got in before the prices went up (I paid $196.99, they now are listed for $269.99)

#27353 Moofboy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   482 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:22 PM

I just beat the arcade mode on Windjammers with no continues while waiting for a state inspection for my car! I just had to tell somebody!

I love the Vita!

Living the dream!

#27354 dualrec  

Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:52 PM

I really want a vita memory card, but damn they're expensive.  Never any deals.  Just can't bring myself to support that nonsense.

#27355 dualrec  

Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:58 PM

are the SD adapters by funturbo on amazon legit?

edit: didn't notice you had to jailbreak vita, don't want to do this

#27356 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7497 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 06 March 2019 - 06:05 PM

Play-Asia finally fulfilled my metallic red vita order from Chinese New Year. Glad I got in before the prices went up (I paid $196.99, they now are listed for $269.99)

Glad to see it shipped, and that you got the proper pricing, as this is for sure a Play-Asia success story. LOL

#27357 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2019 - 06:09 PM

I really want a vita memory card, but damn they're expensive. Never any deals. Just can't bring myself to support that nonsense.

You can get a 32gb from Amazon Japan for $50 shipped right now. I got mine in like 3 business days.

#27358 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3864 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2019 - 06:26 PM

Glad to see it shipped, and that you got the proper pricing, as this is for sure a Play-Asia success story. LOL

Not only that, they're also sending me the Hori grip! This is a 1 in a million sort of thing

#27359 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7497 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 06 March 2019 - 08:27 PM

Not only that, they're also sending me the Hori grip! This is a 1 in a million sort of thing

Well, when I stated my issues with them of the past, I did mention things could have changed, as my issues where probably about 2 years ago. Sadly, my treatment at the time led me to not buy much from them anymore(I was a regular customer at the time), and when I do, it's all single orders, or multiples of the same item(which hasn't really happened). It for sure looks like they may have changed their policy on in stock VS. not in stock, and shipping orders separate if need be, or your just a fluke case. LOL

#27360 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3864 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2019 - 08:34 PM

Pretty sure it's a fluke. I think both items just happened to come back in stock at the same time. I'll probably just order 1 at a time going forward.

Of course, I really only used them for Vita stuff, so I'll probably be done with them for good by the end of the year.