* * * * - 44 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#28321 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   289 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 13 May 2020 - 12:44 AM

It's just shady to leave off any indication that it's a repro is all. You don't have to act like you don't know why. You know. We all know.

There’s nothing illegal about it so it doesn’t matter if there’s a logo or not.

#28322 Equippt  

Posted 13 May 2020 - 01:39 AM

There’s nothing illegal about it so it doesn’t matter if there’s a logo or not.

Actually it is illegal. They're selling artwork they don't have the rights for. But that's not my issue, and no one else really cares either (especially not eBay, who gets a cut from all these sales). My issue is people who try to pass off fake cover art as authentic to scam buyers. I don't think this is a huge deal with the Vita yet, but having to sort through fakes is a pain with a lot of other consoles. It's rampant with the DS, for example. Having some indication that a repro cover is a repro helps prevent people getting scammed.

I also want to make it clear that I'm not accusing you of being a scammer. I'm not saying that everyone looking for accurate, high-quality repro covers is in it to rip people off. But some people are.

#28323 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   289 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 13 May 2020 - 02:13 AM

Actually it is illegal. They're selling artwork they don't have the rights for. But that's not my issue, and no one else really cares either (especially not eBay, who gets a cut from all these sales). My issue is people who try to pass off fake cover art as authentic to scam buyers. I don't think this is a huge deal with the Vita yet, but having to sort through fakes is a pain with a lot of other consoles. It's rampant with the DS, for example. Having some indication that a repro cover is a repro helps prevent people getting scammed.

I also want to make it clear that I'm not accusing you of being a scammer. I'm not saying that everyone looking for accurate, high-quality repro covers is in it to rip people off. But some people are.

Nope, not illegal

#28324 Tothoro  

Posted 13 May 2020 - 02:23 AM

Nope, not illegal

https://www.pomelopi...fake-game-cases

Maybe use Google before you blindly refute cherry-picked segments from someone's comment my guy.

#28325 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2235 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2020 - 02:35 AM

It doesn't take much to understand that passing off unlicensed reproductions as legitimate is not ok... or does it?

Telling the difference between a real cart and a fake isn't the hardest thing, but fake art is a newer issue.

Cue Crazy Redd.

#28326 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   289 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 13 May 2020 - 02:50 AM

https://www.pomelopi...fake-game-cases

Maybe use Google before you blindly refute cherry-picked segments from someone's comment my guy.

Or maybe I’m messing with the guy since all he was doing was s****ing on the parade here. He hasn’t been on this topic in months beforehand just to complain about people wanting an adbox for games.

Oh wait, at least one of the responders was the person ripping off GameStop with their used game sale and trading them back in and getting banned, I’ll take any judgement they have with a grain of salt.

#28327 Tothoro  

Posted 13 May 2020 - 07:01 PM

Or maybe I’m messing with the guy since all he was doing was s****ing on the parade here. He hasn’t been on this topic in months beforehand just to complain about people wanting an adbox for games.

Oh wait, at least one of the responders was the person ripping off GameStop with their used game sale and trading them back in and getting banned, I’ll take any judgement they have with a grain of salt.

Post history you don't agree with doesn't justify misinformed shitposting. Troll elsewhere.

Back on topic, XSEED has some Vita games on sale. Since everything ESRB is out-of-print, it's a good chance to get some niche stuff sealed:

Free shipping over $49 and there's plenty of other non-Vita niche stuff to help hit that number.

#28328 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37578 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2020 - 07:10 PM

Back on topic, XSEED has some Vita games on sale. Since everything ESRB is out-of-print, it's a good chance to get some niche stuff sealed:

I think this has been OOS since the sale started. I know it was one of the first I checked after getting the notification about the sale.

#28329 RubMySweatyThighsPls  

RubMySweatyThighsPls

Posted 13 May 2020 - 07:28 PM

Damn wished I had seen it earlier missed out on them 

#28330 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   289 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:53 PM

Post history you don't agree with doesn't justify misinformed shitposting. Troll elsewhere.

Free shipping over $49 and there's plenty of other non-Vita niche stuff to help hit that number.

Just commenting that this site is probably the last place that should have anyone playing a white knight. Seeing as people post about jail breaking systems and nobody bats an eye.

But you’re right, let’s move on.

#28331 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   904 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2020 - 04:24 PM

from playasia.com 

Exclusives: Shipping & Pricing Updates Going Forward

Over the past year we have been closely monitoring our pricing and shipping policies and the restrictions they place on us as a company as well as the titles released through our store. After much consideration we will be making changes to our policies that we feel will give us the best plan towards a memorable and collectable series of releases.

Free shipping will no longer be an available option for PLAY Exclusives (PAEX) titles going forward. This is the biggest change, but one that removes many layers of complexity. Please note that this will not have an effect on existing PAEX titles, which will remain as originally advertised, and will not affect existing orders in any way.

Alongside this news we will also be making a reduction in our target pricing for future Switch limited edition physical releases. The new target price will be US$34.99, down from US$39.99, now matching PS4 and Vita LE releases. These target prices exist to give our customers a reasonable expectation of what an average title in our collection may cost. However, as always, the final price point will be largely determined by the scope of the release and is in no way guaranteed to match the target price.

#28332 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6404 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2020 - 05:03 PM

their shipping prices are insane. i rarely buy from them. shipping a game costs about $9.

#28333 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   385 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 18 May 2020 - 05:37 PM

I feel like these companies don't realize that by jacking up costs significantly, they will lose more money with reduced sales. The smart thing to do it to make it a flat shipping rate for a reduced amount, like $3. That way, you're not losing money, but not giving people an incentive to stop buying from you.

One thing that this pandemic has affected me is that, while I'm still happy to purchase physical copies of games, if they are below, say 3GB, I'm far more likely to wait for a sale and purchase them digitally

#28334 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13103 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2020 - 05:51 PM

Thanks for the heads up.  I will likely be buying much less Play-Asia stuff with the free shipping going away on the exclusives.  Been kind of looking for an excuse to no longer buy from them as keeping up with the releases has been expensive, and this fits the bill nicely to force me to stop.

#28335 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23235 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2020 - 05:57 PM

What is going with Vita games? I've been trying to pick up some fairly common games like Dead or Alive and Silent Hill and their prices have skyrocketed over the past few weeks. Those games used to sell for $20-30 before, and seem like they're going for 50-100% more now. 

#28336 redman77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   291 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

redman77

Posted 18 May 2020 - 05:59 PM

I would buy quite a bit more from Play Asia if their shipping rates were more reasonable. 34.99 for the Vita exclusives they sell is already pushing things price-wise, given the titles they release. Adding their shipping price on top of the 34.99 makes it a tougher sell for sure.

On another note, I finally received my games from Luc. Never got a shipping notice, so I was surprised when they showed up. Both slip cases were signed with a little scribble in silver sharpie. He is efficient with his signature.

#28337 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3858 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2020 - 06:21 PM

Guess I'll be more selective on Play-Asia exclusives going forward. Lack of free shipping is essentially a 20% price increase. Hard pass for most of the titles they release.

#28338 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   995 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2020 - 06:58 PM

Play-Asia's shipping prices have always been bad, and most of their other prices were never that great either. I only buy from them when I have a coupon and get multiple items on sale to justify the shipping price.

As for their Vita releases, I haven't bought any from them since ' Severed' or maybe 'Fast Striker.' And I only bought 'Fast Striker' to support the dev because they supported the Dreamcast for years. Most of Play Asia/eastasiasoft's Vita releases don't interest me, and many I'd argue are not worth the carts they take up from the allotments.

#28339 Miker525  

Posted 18 May 2020 - 08:04 PM

What is going with Vita games? I've been trying to pick up some fairly common games like Dead or Alive and Silent Hill and their prices have skyrocketed over the past few weeks. Those games used to sell for $20-30 before, and seem like they're going for 50-100% more now.

I was actually coming here to post this exact same thing. I've been trying to find an affordable copy of Silent Hill vita for a few weeks now and the price has shot up drastically since the outbreak started. If anyone knows a place to get a cheaper side copy or has one they don't want let me know. I know it's not a "good" game and I can get it pretty cheap digitally but if I can I'd rather get a cart copy

#28340 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   385 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 18 May 2020 - 08:06 PM

Play-Asia's shipping prices have always been bad, and most of their other prices were never that great either. I only buy from them when I have a coupon and get multiple items on sale to justify the shipping price.

As for their Vita releases, I haven't bought any from them since ' Severed' or maybe 'Fast Striker.' And I only bought 'Fast Striker' to support the dev because they supported the Dreamcast for years. Most of Play Asia/eastasiasoft's Vita releases don't interest me, and many I'd argue are not worth the carts they take up from the allotments.

How dare you speak ill of such masterpieces like Conga Master, or Habroxia!!

#28341 Tothoro  

Posted 18 May 2020 - 08:33 PM

Sucks on Play-Asia, but we're nearing the end of the Vita anyway and those were the only exclusives I buy from them. With releases winding down hopefully it won't hurt my wallet too much.

Their shipping prices suck, but to be fair shipping internationally has always sucked price-wise. Surprised they kept up free shipping on the exclusives as long as they have, honestly.

I was actually coming here to post this exact same thing. I've been trying to find an affordable copy of Silent Hill vita for a few weeks now and the price has shot up drastically since the outbreak started. If anyone knows a place to get a cheaper side copy or has one they don't want let me know. I know it's not a "good" game and I can get it pretty cheap digitally but if I can I'd rather get a cart copy

It's not just those games, a bunch of the Vita catalog shot up in price. Same with a ton of Switch games and DS/3DS titles. Persona 4 quadroupled in price seemingly overnight, the Pokemon DS/3DS games were a pretty drastic jump as well.

Around the 2008 economic downturn there were a lot of articles about video games being recession-resistant. Since people are spending more time at home (unemployed or otherwise) it would make sense if purchases were up, but I don't have the data to throw that out as more than speculation.

#28342 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20078 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2020 - 09:14 PM

Having Gamestop closed probably didn't help with the price.  Thats where many resellers get their stock.

#28343 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23235 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 May 2020 - 09:36 PM

It's not just those games, a bunch of the Vita catalog shot up in price. Same with a ton of Switch games and DS/3DS titles. Persona 4 quadroupled in price seemingly overnight, the Pokemon DS/3DS games were a pretty drastic jump as well.

Around the 2008 economic downturn there were a lot of articles about video games being recession-resistant. Since people are spending more time at home (unemployed or otherwise) it would make sense if purchases were up, but I don't have the data to throw that out as more than speculation.

The NS is prob the system for the lockdown, one of my staff who's never owned a video game in her life just bought a Switch. And tons of people own a 3DS/DS so those aren't shocking either. But the Vita being popular suddenly still seems odd... 

Thanks for the tip on Persona 4 on Vita though. I have a copy for some reason, guess I can dump that. 

#28344 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2497 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2020 - 07:24 AM

silent hill for vita IS a good game thou. It's a good Diablo clone. What it isn't is a survival horror game.

#28345 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   289 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 20 May 2020 - 12:05 AM

I would keep an eye out and wait. I was lucky enough to get a lot of the items I wanted right before the big jump in price, but I’d bet they’ll come back down quite a bit when this covid issue has died down.

#28346 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   904 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2020 - 11:44 PM

#28347 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 21 May 2020 - 04:10 AM

It's funny cause I picked up a bunch of persona and SH and a few others right before the shut down. I had a feeling. Vita will be gold down the road because of the game's.

#28348 SlaughterX   Teh Killer CAGiversary!   1343 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:22 PM

finally went ahead and bought P3P...  only to leave my damn Vita at the hospital and now it's gone.  Story of my life, but believe or not it's the least of my concerns at the moment.  :|

#28349 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9879 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:55 PM

finally went ahead and bought P3P...  only to leave my damn Vita at the hospital and now it's gone.  Story of my life, but believe or not it's the least of my concerns at the moment.  :|

Sorry to hear about that. Only thing I left somewhere and lost was a book (twice). Those were trade paperbacks so not much hurt. Vita prices aren't as good anymore either.

#28350 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5187 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 22 May 2020 - 04:57 PM

Yikes my condolences.