* * * * - 44 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#28441 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3657 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2020 - 04:05 PM

CHASM.jpg

CHASM for PS Vita is coming to Play-Asia on August 6th at 11AM EST.

Limited to 2500 copies and includes all updates on cart.

Also includes a new stackable trophy list.

$34.99

This is a great game and I am definitely adding this to my Vita collection.

#28442 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   439 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 31 July 2020 - 04:49 PM

CHASM.jpg

$34.99

Was jumping in to post this, but I was too slow. Not looking forward to $45 after shipping, but I will definately grab this one.

#28443 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1105 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 July 2020 - 07:25 PM

Not my kind of game, so enjoy everybody else!

#28444 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1247 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2020 - 04:43 PM

#28445 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3657 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2020 - 05:54 PM

While I enjoyed playing the first Awesome Pea game I'm not sure if I will be picking this up. I beat the first game in 3-1/2 hours. The second game has less levels. If they still offered free shipping I may have considered this release but once they took away free shipping it makes the decision harder. I will just pick up Chasm this week.

I'd really like for them to work with Strictly Limited and release Ultracore.

Maybe release Super Life of Pixel, I know that developer wasn't happy with digital sales and he could get some revenue from a physical release. Timespinner would be a excellent release. It is a really great game. Rogue Aces would be a cool physical release.

#28446 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1105 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2020 - 06:55 PM

At least it's both games on one cart, but, yeah, that's an easy pass for me too.

I also wish eastasiasoft and Strictly came to some agreement for 'Ultracore.'

#28447 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1247 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2020 - 03:11 PM

attachicon.gifCHASM.jpg

$34.99

ON SALE NOW 

https://www.play-asia.com/exclusives#fc=co:121

#28448 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1247 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2020 - 01:12 AM

#28449 Tothoro  

Posted 06 September 2020 - 04:21 AM

That's cool and all, but I'm still waiting on 5 games from them (Guard Duty, Xeno Crisis, Ganbare, Chasm, Awesome Pea). I really don't want them to take after LRG and amass a huge production backlog.

#28450 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3657 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2020 - 05:29 PM

That's cool and all, but I'm still waiting on 5 games from them (Guard Duty, Xeno Crisis, Ganbare, Chasm, Awesome Pea). I really don't want them to take after LRG and amass a huge production backlog.

They have two more games coming this week too to add to the backlog of releases. Root Double Before Crime and Task Force Kampas. I’m only waiting for three releases guard duty, xeno crisis and chasm. I skipped the other ones.

I don’t mind the wait myself since they are the only physical Vita publisher left. I would think they are trying to get out as many games as possible before it all ends in that territory.

And like with most of these limited publishers I only order games I have interest in. So I will be skipping the Visual Novel since I don’t like this genre. I’m torn of the Shump because it looks like fun but it is only $5 of PSN.

#28451 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1247 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2020 - 06:07 PM

#28452 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1247 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2020 - 06:07 PM

#28453 billyrox   Old Man CAGiversary!   3335 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 September 2020 - 09:31 PM

Pretty sweet. Ty

#28454 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1247 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2020 - 03:04 PM

ON SALE NOW

#28455 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1247 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2020 - 05:10 PM

#28456 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5345 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2020 - 06:54 PM

WinterWolves games are godawful, don’t do it.

#28457 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1247 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 September 2020 - 03:05 PM

ON SALE NOW

#28458 Stormedtrooper   Say no to Halo. CAGiversary!   1789 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Stormedtrooper

Posted 09 October 2020 - 06:46 PM

In case anyone isn't aware...won't be able to buy Vita and PS3 titles via the web or mobile after October 19th 2020. We can still purchase them through the store on the devices though. I still have both, but it was handy to get anything (for those triannual Vita/PS3 sales lol) through the web without firing up the device.

https://www.theverge...gn-october-2020

#28459 BoxPizzaBox   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1267 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

BoxPizzaBox

Posted 09 October 2020 - 07:17 PM

In case anyone isn't aware...won't be able to buy Vita and PS3 titles via the web or mobile after October 19th 2020. We can still purchase them through the store on the devices though. I still have both, but it was handy to get anything (for those triannual Vita/PS3 sales lol) through the web without firing up the device.

The download lists are nightmares on the devices themselves. I'll miss queueing downloads most of all (though I'm not 100% sure if that feature is leaving too, may still be able to see Vita/PS3 games in your web download list? I'm doubtful.)

#28460 CheapAssDragon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   442 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

CheapAssDragon

Posted 10 October 2020 - 02:58 AM

I honestly thought it would be the opposite way. Those app stores are so terrible and it’s so easy on the computer. I thought they’d close down the device stores and you’d have to do everything from computer. Damn.

#28461 Tothoro  

Posted 10 October 2020 - 03:47 AM

I'd take it with a grain of salt for now. Planete Vita is the only source I've seen communicate this (all of the other articles I've seen reference them second- or third-hand) and the screenshot throws up a few yellow flags:

Ultimately it sucks if it is true (and even if it's not true yet I can't imagine it's far off), but I'd be more upset if they started to push to close multiplayer servers or something. I don't buy that many digital games and I can deal with the pain of navigating the native stores on the rare occasion that I do.

#28462 idogames  

idogames

Posted 10 October 2020 - 07:49 PM

I'd take it with a grain of salt for now. Planete Vita is the only source I've seen communicate this (all of the other articles I've seen reference them second- or third-hand) and the screenshot throws up a few yellow flags:

Ultimately it sucks if it is true (and even if it's not true yet I can't imagine it's far off), but I'd be more upset if they started to push to close multiplayer servers or something. I don't buy that many digital games and I can deal with the pain of navigating the native stores on the rare occasion that I do.

I got the same exact email forwarded to me from a Vita developer.

At least we will still be able to buy and redownload Vita content for now, only from the Vita device itself. It's likely this change is so that customers won't be reminded that their PS5's won't play backwards compatible titles beyond PS4

#28463 falsedichotomies  

falsedichotomies

Posted 11 October 2020 - 02:35 PM

See that the dead Vita thread got bumped. Check to see if Nicalis said anything about their games. They haven't. Every time. Every single time.

#28464 Tothoro  

Posted 11 October 2020 - 09:04 PM

I got the same exact email forwarded to me from a Vita developer.

At least we will still be able to buy and redownload Vita content for now, only from the Vita device itself. It's likely this change is so that customers won't be reminded that their PS5's won't play backwards compatible titles beyond PS4

Thank for chiming in. Always skeptical on things like this, and a corroboration makes it easier to make heads or tails out of the situation.

See that the dead Vita thread got bumped. Check to see if Nicalis said anything about their games. They haven't. Every time. Every single time.

They're too busy with Ikaruga and Dungreed (spelling?) I guess. Weird that they're just letting inventory sit in a warehouse instead of cashing out, but Nicalis is a weird company to begin with.

#28465 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   439 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 11 October 2020 - 09:19 PM

Thank for chiming in. Always skeptical on things like this, and a corroboration makes it easier to make heads or tails out of the situation.

They're too busy with Ikaruga and Dungreed (spelling?) I guess. Weird that they're just letting inventory sit in a warehouse instead of cashing out, but Nicalis is a weird company to begin with.

They are either in a pissing contest with limited run games to release the last North American vita game or they missed the deadline to print those games and the only copies are the not for resale versions that surfaced. I hope it is the former, but at some point I would think they would want to recapture the printing costs and holding on to the games does not make sense.

#28466 idogames  

idogames

Posted 12 October 2020 - 12:36 AM

They are either in a pissing contest with limited run games to release the last North American vita game or they missed the deadline to print those games and the only copies are the not for resale versions that surfaced. I hope it is the former, but at some point I would think they would want to recapture the printing costs and holding on to the games does not make sense.

I've exchanged emails with Nicalis near the beginning of this month regarding these games. They have said they are still getting packaging materials ready (They are planning on including extras goodies). My guess is they don't have a very high priority on these. I think they would have just ignored me if they weren't still planning on selling them.

#28467 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   439 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 12 October 2020 - 05:03 PM

I've exchanged emails with Nicalis near the beginning of this month regarding these games. They have said they are still getting packaging materials ready (They are planning on including extras goodies). My guess is they don't have a very high priority on these. I think they would have just ignored me if they weren't still planning on selling them.

Thanks for sharing this info. Good news for Vita fans for sure, I honestly thought they were not going to release at this point. I love the vita and happy to have a full North America collection and several Europe exclusives and R3 only English releases but I do not think I will ever do it again. Was easy to start early on, but never could have imagined there would be 320 NA Vita games (including the 3 unreleased games)
It would be cool to have a full Turbografx set,but Magical Chase single handedly ends that thought.

#28468 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3427 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2020 - 05:33 PM

Was easy to start early on, but never could have imagined there would be 320 NA Vita games (including the 3 unreleased games)

At one point, before LRG existed, I had seriously considered doing a full NA set for the vita when it was only around 120 games.  Those days the Vita reminded me of the Dreamcast.  A very small but dense in quality library of games.  Once all the excess of bargain bin digital titles and shovelware started coming ... it made it really a good decision to just stop where i was and collect only games I was 100% interested in playing and owning physically.  That said, I still have a majority of the mass market retail vita games... though this certainly changed my purchasing decisions going forward.

#28469 idogames  

idogames

Posted 12 October 2020 - 06:05 PM

I pretty much already set out on a complete NA Vita set before LRG. It was getting a little rough after they showed up. I won't ever be doing that again for a current system. Especially with all of the copy-cat limited run companies these days. I'd hate to imagine another Poop Slinger PS4 incident happening on a system I actually collect for.

Vita is a system I still enjoy and play a lot, so I wanted sort of a personal archive.

Currently playing Deception IV The Nightmare Princess (Asian English)

#28470 Tothoro  

Posted 12 October 2020 - 06:50 PM

Thanks for sharing this info. Good news for Vita fans for sure, I honestly thought they were not going to release at this point. I love the vita and happy to have a full North America collection and several Europe exclusives and R3 only English releases but I do not think I will ever do it again. Was easy to start early on, but never could have imagined there would be 320 NA Vita games (including the 3 unreleased games)
It would be cool to have a full Turbografx set,but Magical Chase single handedly ends that thought.

All NA games, all R3 English releases, and all R2 exclusives here (gallery if anyone's curious - slightly dated). Absolutely wouldn't do it again. It was fun when the Vita library was small, but when LRG started exploiting the market and other publishers started following suit it just became stressful and unfun. Got Meat Boy via eBay after Blindboxes, so I'm just waiting on Nicalis and whatever Play-Asia decides to trickle out before they lose the ability to print carts in R3.

While it's nice to have a full set, the experience has honestly made me more open to digital than I've ever been. No clue what next gen looks like with MOQ and everything, but if the Switch is any indication I have 0 desire to collect there.