* * * * - 44 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#28471 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23632 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2020 - 06:57 PM

All NA games, all R3 English releases, and all R2 exclusives here (gallery if anyone's curious - slightly dated). Absolutely wouldn't do it again. It was fun when the Vita library was small, but when LRG started exploiting the market and other publishers started following suit it just became stressful and unfun. Got Meat Boy via eBay after Blindboxes, so I'm just waiting on Nicalis and whatever Play-Asia decides to trickle out before they lose the ability to print carts in R3.

While it's nice to have a full set, the experience has honestly made me more open to digital than I've ever been. No clue what next gen looks like with MOQ and everything, but if the Switch is any indication I have 0 desire to collect there.

Is that your collection? Wow, very nice! Is that all the releases as well? Like the standard and CEs? 

#28472 idogames  

idogames

Posted 12 October 2020 - 07:14 PM

All NA games, all R3 English releases, and all R2 exclusives here (gallery if anyone's curious - slightly dated). Absolutely wouldn't do it again. It was fun when the Vita library was small, but when LRG started exploiting the market and other publishers started following suit it just became stressful and unfun. Got Meat Boy via eBay after Blindboxes, so I'm just waiting on Nicalis and whatever Play-Asia decides to trickle out before they lose the ability to print carts in R3.

While it's nice to have a full set, the experience has honestly made me more open to digital than I've ever been. No clue what next gen looks like with MOQ and everything, but if the Switch is any indication I have 0 desire to collect there.

You had me excited there for a minute I thought there was a Taiko drum accessory for the Vita. I need to get all of my Vita stuff organized a little nicer. My LE's are in all parts of the game room.

That's basically what I went for as well. All English releases without dupes from other regions. I don't have Meat Boy, but secured my copy with LRG by offering them all of my reward coupons. They are really trying to take care of the Vita people that were with them from the beginning. 

Interestingly enough, I have been buying only digital games on XBOX. I won't buy digital on Nintendo though, I don't trust them after what happened with the Wii.  

#28473 Tothoro  

Posted 12 October 2020 - 08:44 PM

Is that your collection? Wow, very nice! Is that all the releases as well? Like the standard and CEs? 

That is indeed my collection and it's every English game (and several Japanese-only ones) for the system. I only have the CE or Standard for each game though - not both. Given how much some Vita CEs cost, I could probably buy a new car for the price of a full CE collection.

You had me excited there for a minute I thought there was a Taiko drum accessory for the Vita. I need to get all of my Vita stuff organized a little nicer. My LE's are in all parts of the game room.

That's basically what I went for as well. All English releases without dupes from other regions. I don't have Meat Boy, but secured my copy with LRG by offering them all of my reward coupons. They are really trying to take care of the Vita people that were with them from the beginning. 

Interestingly enough, I have been buying only digital games on XBOX. I won't buy digital on Nintendo though, I don't trust them after what happened with the Wii.  

Haha, I wish there were a Taiko accessory. Would be dope! But no, that's just the PS4 drum accessory because I didn't have another place to put it.

I haven't purchased anything on Xbox since I want to say Quantum Break? And on Switch the last thing I bought for myself was Three Houses. I made the leap to Playstation from Xbox around 2014. or so and I just really like the ecosystem (though if GamesPass had been a thing back then I probably wouldn't have made the leap to begin with). I'm also not a big fan of the Switch (too bulky, bad battery, no achievement/trophy system, etc.) but my wife likes hers for otome/Animal Crossing. Still buy most niche releases that come out on PS4, but given the PS5 launch lineup I dunno that I'll need to buy a system for a very long time (or ever, if I actually committed to getting through my backlog haha).

#28474 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1053 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2020 - 02:11 PM

LRG still hasn't sold 'Super Meat Boy,' right?

#28475 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37746 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2020 - 02:16 PM

Correct, that's their last planned Vita release.

#28476 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5679 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 13 October 2020 - 02:40 PM

While the wii was a dumpster fire and I assume the dsi as well for the store support due to not having account systems they added account systems for the 3ds wiiu switch generation at least.  But since my wiiu was stolen and I cannot deactivate it on the old account and use it on my new wiiu I agree that its not good enough yet to trust them very much.  Just buy whatevers dirt cheap like super beat xonic when it was like 79 cents and don't risk spending more than say 10 bucks to be safe.  As I sent an email to nintendo so I could deactivate my account on the stolen wiiu and they never got back to me.  And I did have the correct information for it like the serial number since I still have the box the wiiu came in. 

#28477 Tothoro  

Posted 13 October 2020 - 03:30 PM

They sent some copies out in this year's blindboxes, but they haven't formally sold them. I got mine from eBay - someone selling their blindbox copy.

#28478 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1053 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2020 - 03:36 PM

I thought so, but thank you for the confirmation guys. LRG is annoying.

#28479 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7627 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 13 October 2020 - 03:47 PM

They sent some copies out in this year's blindboxes, but they haven't formally sold them. I got mine from eBay - someone selling their blindbox copy.

Damn, that couldn't have been cheap, or did you luck out and get a copy that flew under the radar? LOL

#28480 idogames  

idogames

Posted 13 October 2020 - 06:43 PM

While the wii was a dumpster fire and I assume the dsi as well for the store support due to not having account systems they added account systems for the 3ds wiiu switch generation at least.  But since my wiiu was stolen and I cannot deactivate it on the old account and use it on my new wiiu I agree that its not good enough yet to trust them very much.  Just buy whatevers dirt cheap like super beat xonic when it was like 79 cents and don't risk spending more than say 10 bucks to be safe.  As I sent an email to nintendo so I could deactivate my account on the stolen wiiu and they never got back to me.  And I did have the correct information for it like the serial number since I still have the box the wiiu came in. 

Yeah, Xonic was a great deal, I did pick that one up as well as a few other cheapies. I would love to see Nintendo implement a better online experience. Because I really like the Switch aside from that. 

I like having my same account with all of my digital purchases still available (including FF7 which I purchased to play on PSP & PS3 a long time ago. I can still download it on my Vita. I can deactivate all my consoles if they go missing/stolen. I love trophies/achievements too because I can look through there to remember which games I haven't finished yet. It makes picking something out of the backlog a little easier. The rating system is kind of helpful on PSN too when determining if a game is good or garbage. 

Some day, Nintendo. They seem to be on the right track with the accounts, so we'll see. 

#28481 Tothoro  

Posted 13 October 2020 - 07:30 PM

Damn, that couldn't have been cheap, or did you luck out and get a copy that flew under the radar? LOL

I bought it and Papers Please for around $100 each. Not having to wait and being able to bypass the LRG ratrace on release days felt more than worth it to me. It's very freeing to know that I don't have to log on exactly when things go live anymore.

#28482 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7627 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 13 October 2020 - 10:31 PM

I bought it and Papers Please for around $100 each. Not having to wait and being able to bypass the LRG ratrace on release days felt more than worth it to me. It's very freeing to know that I don't have to log on exactly when things go live anymore.

$100 a piece ain't bad for games that at the time, hadn't had a full release option yet(1 still hasn't), as I actually thought it would have been more. That's about what I would have consider paying in a similar situation, but I left LRG due to those last 2 games, but if I had stuck around, I think $100 was a solid buy.

#28483 BoxPizzaBox   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1248 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

BoxPizzaBox

Posted 16 October 2020 - 07:59 PM

7FJsQTR.png

It looks like Sony have already replaced the download list with "game library" when you click your account icon on the playstation web store (unless I'm totally misremembering how you normally navigate to your download list?), "game library" only shows PS4/PS5 content on the web store.

Direct links to the download list still seem to function for now:

https://store.playst...s/download/list

PSDLE can still read your download list, too.

I won't spam all over the place (well, not more than I already am I mean :3 ), but I made a post here with some general advice for backing up your content, assuming use of a non-hacked Vita. Short version: QCMA, PSDLE, PS3 are your friends. You can start a queued download by restarting the system it was queued to, usually. Don't forget that on Vita the DLC items needs to be installed to the game, I believe. You can download standalone DLC items to PS3 though.

I'm not freaking out, you're freaking out.

#28484 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   5679 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 19 October 2020 - 01:51 AM

I'd take it with a grain of salt for now. Planete Vita is the only source I've seen communicate this (all of the other articles I've seen reference them second- or third-hand) and the screenshot throws up a few yellow flags:

Ultimately it sucks if it is true (and even if it's not true yet I can't imagine it's far off), but I'd be more upset if they started to push to close multiplayer servers or something. I don't buy that many digital games and I can deal with the pain of navigating the native stores on the rare occasion that I do.

It ended up being real since the exact image is the one sent in the email recently.

#28485 Tothoro  

Posted 19 October 2020 - 02:20 AM

It ended up being real since the exact image is the one sent in the email recently.

I'm aware (got an email about it directly from Sony last week), but thanks for the heads up.

I think the most surprising thing about this is the short amount of notice with regard to it closing, but it stands to reason; Sony's never been particularly consumer-friendly on this front.

#28486 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23632 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2020 - 03:13 AM

So I'm curious, once they kill the Vita and PS3 from the online store, what happens if you try to redeem a Vita/PS3 code? I bought a used copy of FFX on Vita and the FFX-2 code is still valid as of this last night. Once closed, if I try to redeem it, will it just give me an error? Or will I be able to redeem it but not access it without going through my Vita or PS3? 

#28487 idogames  

idogames

Posted 19 October 2020 - 03:48 AM

So I'm curious, once they kill the Vita and PS3 from the online store, what happens if you try to redeem a Vita/PS3 code? I bought a used copy of FFX on Vita and the FFX-2 code is still valid as of this last night. Once closed, if I try to redeem it, will it just give me an error? Or will I be able to redeem it but not access it without going through my Vita or PS3? 

You should be able to redeem codes from the Vita or PS3. But codes might actually still work on the web store too. It'll be interesting to see what it does.

#28488 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1140 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2020 - 03:37 PM

#28489 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37746 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2020 - 03:50 PM

^I think Play-Asia would have secured more sales of all 3 bought together if the promo had been for free shipping instead.

#28490 idogames  

idogames

Posted 20 October 2020 - 07:45 AM

Two (normally) cheap games and whatever you want to call the Arcade Distillery game. Well, I guess I'm in. 

#28491 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2246 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2020 - 12:41 PM

Two (normally) cheap games and whatever you want to call the Arcade Distillery game. Well, I guess I'm in. 

Trash. I call it trash.

#28492 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1053 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2020 - 02:09 PM

So it's a "trick" rather than a "treat."

#28493 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3627 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2020 - 04:43 PM

I will probably buy Halloween Forever and Death Tales. I have no interest in the other game.

Halloween forever is a good game and Death Tales is only getting a physical release on vita so even though I'm not a huge fan of these games I will buy it to have in the collection. Hopefully the trophy list on the game works since it is not getting a digital release.

#28494 idogames  

idogames

Posted 20 October 2020 - 05:42 PM

I will probably buy Halloween Forever and Death Tales. I have no interest in the other game.

Halloween forever is a good game and Death Tales is only getting a physical release on vita so even though I'm not a huge fan of these games I will buy it to have in the collection. Hopefully the trophy list on the game works since it is not getting a digital release.

EastAsiaSoft is just pushing some devs to do physical release only. To ensure demand. There should be at least one more VN from Ratalaika to do this. (Probably "The Language of Love")