* * * * - 44 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#28561 Tweeg  

Posted 16 January 2021 - 05:34 AM

You could flip the Lynx 2 to he right/left handed as well.

It's been so many years since I had it out of the box it is stored in I couldn't even remember that.

#28562 scaryice   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   210 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2021 - 07:02 AM

And will likewise chime in my disdain for the way in which LRG has tragically forever changed the physical release game market. It was fun, at first, and then it just became a stressful headache. I can't see myself going out of the way to try collecting games for any of the now modern consoles aside from Vita, and only still with the Vita because I'm so heavily invested in it and determined to see this thru to the bitter end.

I hope modern system collectors will just decide to do full "retail sets" and ignore all the limited run garbage.

#28563 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6640 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2021 - 02:43 PM

I hope modern system collectors will just decide to do full "retail sets" and ignore all the limited run garbage.

LRG games are definitely "retail" now between selling certain games through Gamestop, Amazon and Best Buy and most of their releases through various local small video game stores.  They also have direct relationships with most of the major publishers.  I doubt anyone is going to treat them like they do unlicensed Nintendo games or something like that.  

#28564 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20239 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2021 - 05:50 PM

Some LRG stuff probably got a larger print than some "retail" games.

#28565 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13349 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 January 2021 - 06:51 PM

Some LRG stuff probably got a larger print than some "retail" games.

Tell me about it.   I blinked and Samurai Shodown for the Switch was gone from all stores.

#28566 darken   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1037 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2021 - 06:03 AM

Was doing my weekly checks for discounts on Utawarerumono vita bundle for Mask of Truth/Mask of Deception and the old PSN webstore shows it as missing.  Log in to the Vita store and the games are listed, but it says "No content."  It also says this for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Uncharted Fight For Fortune.  I don't remember if the latter 2 were digital or not, but I don't see why not if they were listed on the Vita store.  I didn't see any mention of the Utawarerumono games being delisted.  Even checked the PS4 store and these 2 Utawarerumono games were delisted too. 

Makes me think that we are SOL on any further discounts on PS3 and Vita games and that there's possible delistings moving forward so if we want to load up on PS3 and Vita games, we're probably going to have to purchase them at full price and soon

#28567 heatdolphins45   Wade County CAG CAGiversary!   4338 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

heatdolphins45

Posted 18 January 2021 - 06:06 AM

What ever happened with that GTA 3 port?

#28568 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1133 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2021 - 04:44 PM

Was doing my weekly checks for discounts on Utawarerumono vita bundle for Mask of Truth/Mask of Deception and the old PSN webstore shows it as missing.  Log in to the Vita store and the games are listed, but it says "No content."  It also says this for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Uncharted Fight For Fortune.  I don't remember if the latter 2 were digital or not, but I don't see why not if they were listed on the Vita store.  I didn't see any mention of the Utawarerumono games being delisted.  Even checked the PS4 store and these 2 Utawarerumono games were delisted too. 

Makes me think that we are SOL on any further discounts on PS3 and Vita games and that there's possible delistings moving forward so if we want to load up on PS3 and Vita games, we're probably going to have to purchase them at full price and soon

I was on the Vita store last week and noticed this as well. UMvC3 has a physical release but not Fight for Fortune. I downloaded a couple of PSP games in anticipation of their delisting, as some of those have empty listings on the Vita store too, but it might be worth checking the digital only Vita games and grab them if anyone is even remotely interested. 

#28569 Tothoro  

Posted 18 January 2021 - 07:08 PM

Sony's disabled the ability for devs/publishers to put PS3/Vita games on sale. It was a change from last year, there were a few people talking about it at the time. If PS4 games are crossbuy with Vita/PS3 then they'll go on sale at the same time, but yeah - aside from that we're SOL on any sales ever again.

#28570 BoxPizzaBox   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1287 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

BoxPizzaBox

Posted 18 January 2021 - 07:16 PM

Sony's disabled the ability for devs/publishers to put PS3/Vita games on sale. It was a change from last year, there were a few people talking about it at the time. If PS4 games are crossbuy with Vita/PS3 then they'll go on sale at the same time, but yeah - aside from that we're SOL on any sales ever again.

I think the one exception was that they can do a permanent price cut, still? But yeah, I don't see those happening, either.

#28571 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10403 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2021 - 08:17 PM

Yeah I bought PS1 on PS3/Vita games before the web store became terrible. We wont see sales on these anymore other than crossbuy games with PS4.

#28572 elessar123  

Posted 19 January 2021 - 08:44 PM

I saw a reddit post about a Vita game on sale in the last week, I think.

#28573 Tothoro  

Posted 19 January 2021 - 09:20 PM

I saw a reddit post about a Vita game on sale in the last week, I think.

Yes, like I noted, crossbuy games can still go on sale if the PS4 version is put on sale. For example, Hotline Miami 1/2 recently went on sale. Since those games are cross-buy, the discount was also applicable to the Vita versions.

#28574 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2572 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 January 2021 - 06:33 AM

WOW that sux! I never knew the ability to put vita/ps3 stuff on sale was gone. I wanted to buy a few games on sale that I got free from PS plus, just in case I ever unsubscribe to keep. Guess that's going to be too costly now. :(

#28575 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 22 January 2021 - 06:59 PM

In terms of future sales for older/legacy games on the PS3/Vita PSN stores, does that mean PS1 & PS2 Classic games won’t ever drop in price again? Been waiting for a sale to get Castlevania: Lament of Innocence on my PS3 for less than $5, but I wonder if this latest update to the PlayStation Store kills that possibility.

#28576 Tothoro  

Posted 23 January 2021 - 01:44 AM

In terms of future sales for older/legacy games on the PS3/Vita PSN stores, does that mean PS1 & PS2 Classic games won’t ever drop in price again? Been waiting for a sale to get Castlevania: Lament of Innocence on my PS3 for less than $5, but I wonder if this latest update to the PlayStation Store kills that possibility.

The reason we know about the PS3/Vita stuff is because some of the smaller publishers/devs talked about it. Most of the PS1/PSP/PS2 was published by larger companies like Konami or Square Enix, who are probably keeping a tighter lip on things. Notable exception being the PS2-on-PS4 line since those are technically considered PS4 games.

That to say - I assume that those retro games are in the same no-sale situation, but I can't say with the same certainty.

#28577 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 24 January 2021 - 04:09 AM

The reason we know about the PS3/Vita stuff is because some of the smaller publishers/devs talked about it. Most of the PS1/PSP/PS2 was published by larger companies like Konami or Square Enix, who are probably keeping a tighter lip on things. Notable exception being the PS2-on-PS4 line since those are technically considered PS4 games.

That to say - I assume that those retro games are in the same no-sale situation, but I can't say with the same certainty.

Appreciate the response. In the meantime, I’ll just keep my notifications on for psprices and twiddle my thumbs until I can make enough time to buy and mount a new TV for my game room that still has component connections and use my PS2 if I feel any nostalgic needs.

#28578 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 24 January 2021 - 04:10 AM

Appreciate the response. In the meantime, I’ll just keep my notifications on for psprices and twiddle my thumbs until I can make enough time to buy and mount a new TV for my game room that still has component connections and use my PS2 if I feel any nostalgic needs.

#28579 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 24 January 2021 - 04:59 AM

Duplicate post, please delete.

#28580 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1425 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2021 - 05:02 PM

Play-Asia just announced last reprints of the following titles with English options (all Asia versions):

Muramasa Rebirth - $39.99

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (already OOS)

Gundam Breaker 3: Break Edition - $37.99

Soul Sacrifice Delta - $39.99

God of War Collection - $32.99

Dragon Quest Builders - $44.99

Accel World VS. Sword Art Online - $37.99

Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force - $47.99

SD Gundam G Generation Genesis - $49.99

Killzone: Mercenary - $29.99

https://www.play-asi...rch/VitaReprint

#28581 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1133 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2021 - 05:52 PM

Interesting. I didn't know they were doing reprints. Probably a better use for the carts than some of these other release. I have 'Gundam Breaker 3: Break Edition' tied up with my 'UnMetal' preorder. I'd say these are definitely worth it for anyone interested.

#28582 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1425 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2021 - 03:51 PM

Update:

Oreshika is now available to order - $39.99

In case anyone was holding out for it.

#28583 Linkachu  

Linkachu

Posted 01 February 2021 - 06:19 PM

Any games y’all recommend getting that are about to be/before they’re delisted?

#28584 itzd4n   Dank Lean CAGiversary!   1425 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2021 - 06:41 PM

Any games y’all recommend getting that are about to be/before they’re delisted?

Do you want recs in general or relating to the Play Asia reprint?

For the latter, they're all very solid pickups IMO, just be aware that these are the Asia English versions and not US versions. If I had to pick a few, Muramasa Rebirth is a must own for everyone, Oreshika is great as well - more on the niche side, between the two 2 action Gundam games, Breaker 3 is probably the better and more accessible one. SD4G is great if you like turn based strategy a la fire emblem/advance wars and Soul Sacrifice Delta is good if you like souls/borne gameplay with some other elements thrown in. 

#28585 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5420 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2021 - 07:50 PM

I’m not really sure where to ask this and Google is being uncooperative, so I thought I’d see if anybody here remembers anything about PSP modding. I’m trying to figure out what the differences between the two major custom firmware options (Pro and ME) are. All I’ve been able to pick up from searching is that both are pretty much equally good and it depends on what you want out of them without anyone going into any detail about what each actually excels at.

#28586 Epic_Bean  

Posted 02 February 2021 - 04:00 AM

I’m not really sure where to ask this and Google is being uncooperative, so I thought I’d see if anybody here remembers anything about PSP modding. I’m trying to figure out what the differences between the two major custom firmware options (Pro and ME) are. All I’ve been able to pick up from searching is that both are pretty much equally good and it depends on what you want out of them without anyone going into any detail about what each actually excels at.

IIRC Pro is constant, and ME is one you have to re-run per boot? IDK I know I still have all my files from my PSP modding on my server but I have a VITA now. So other than checking the games every once In a while to scratch an itch I really havent kept up with the scene

#28587 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5420 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2021 - 07:05 AM

IIRC Pro is constant, and ME is one you have to re-run per boot? IDK I know I still have all my files from my PSP modding on my server but I have a VITA now. So other than checking the games every once In a while to scratch an itch I really havent kept up with the scene

Thanks, though they’re both now constant even on the latest official firmware if used in conjunction with a program called Infinity, so there are definitely some differences aside from those. Appreciate the reply, though.

#28588 Epic_Bean  

Posted 02 February 2021 - 10:46 AM

Thanks, though they’re both now constant even on the latest official firmware if used in conjunction with a program called Infinity, so there are definitely some differences aside from those. Appreciate the reply, though.

Ahh sorry its been at least 4 years since Ive even looked into it much. I remember it was pretty easy overall and didnt have much issues with either Pro or ME when I used them. PM me if you need any help with backup files though I still have a bunch from back in the day pre-converted

#28589 Linkachu  

Linkachu

Posted 02 February 2021 - 01:43 PM

Do you want recs in general or relating to the Play Asia reprint?

For the latter, they're all very solid pickups IMO, just be aware that these are the Asia English versions and not US versions. If I had to pick a few, Muramasa Rebirth is a must own for everyone, Oreshika is great as well - more on the niche side, between the two 2 action Gundam games, Breaker 3 is probably the better and more accessible one. SD4G is great if you like turn based strategy a la fire emblem/advance wars and Soul Sacrifice Delta is good if you like souls/borne gameplay with some other elements thrown in.

The former but Murumasa was a dope game for sure.

#28590 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4055 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2021 - 05:01 PM

I just got an email from Play Asia that they won't be able to fulfill Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS Force. Don't know if they oversold or if they were wrong about getting a reprint of it.