* * * * - 44 votes

PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

Vita PS Vita

#28711 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 04 April 2021 - 06:41 PM

Maybe it’s all to promote/improve ps now? Hm

#28712 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6149 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 04 April 2021 - 07:16 PM

The steam versions of trails are also enhanced versions while the psp ones are not.

#28713 Moofboy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   581 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2021 - 11:24 PM

If I'm remembering correctly, publisher literally can't put PSP and Vita games on sale/discount anymore since Sony removed them from the web store. So unless a game is cross-buy with PS4, there won't be any other games going on sale.

Maybe Sony can come up with a promo code that can only be applied to ps3 and vita games then... they could find a way to make it work if they wanted. Seems like it would be a good way to make some sales happen before the shutdown.

#28714 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1075 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2021 - 11:44 PM

Maybe Sony can come up with a promo code that can only be applied to ps3 and vita games then... they could find a way to make it work if they wanted. Seems like it would be a good way to make some sales happen before the shutdown.

They don't want to promote the shutdown, they want it to happen and go away quietly.

#28715 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23955 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2021 - 11:48 PM

It sucks that Trails in the Sky FC Evolution, SC Evolution, and 3rd Evolution didn't get US releases on Vita, but the Japanese Vita releases can be played with full English translations.  They're great.

Meaning, the Jpn versions have English text (sub/menu) option? Or you mean you have to patch them on a modded system? 

#28716 Moofboy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   581 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2021 - 12:13 AM

They don't want to promote the shutdown, they want it to happen and go away quietly.

Unfortunately true.

#28717 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1075 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2021 - 12:19 AM

Meaning, the Jpn versions have English text (sub/menu) option? Or you mean you have to patch them on a modded system? 

The latter.

#28718 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 05 April 2021 - 01:38 AM

Man I just wish I can play rise to honor again

#28719 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6149 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 05 April 2021 - 01:41 AM

If they had gotten engrish asian releases people would definitely have imported them :(

#28720 BoxPizzaBox   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1308 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

BoxPizzaBox

Posted 05 April 2021 - 04:24 AM

I was on the Vita PSN Store yesterday (only purchased two smaller PSP games), but geez has a lot already been delisted (you can tell it's been a while, though I still buy everything I can physically so I had little reason to visit the Store). I only have about a dozen PS1 games on my Vita, but all have been delisted. Most PSP games that were on there were already gone. It's been a slow death for sure, but I still don't want to see it go.

Side-story time: Back in 2013 or 2014 I had a few hours to kill at LAX between flights, so I went to the Delta lounge. I had my Vita and decided to jump onto the WiFi for whatever reason.

Now, when I got my Vita shortly after launch I downloaded what PSP games I already had digitally and could be directly downloaded from the Vita's PSN store to my Vita. I used a friend's PS3 (because I didn't have PS3) to transfer a few more, but I still had other PSP games with no way of legally getting them onto my Vita.

Back to sitting in the Delta lounge, to my surprise, every PSP game I owned, regardless of whether it could be downloaded directly to the Vita was available for download. There were a few articles that caught it, but the "switch" was only flipped for a few hours. Luckily, I was able to download everything else I had while in LAX.

My point in bringing this story up now is that Sony clearly had the means to make everything that was available on the PSP digitally, available on the Vita digitally. They just chose not to. Why? We'll never know. Sony, like any for-profit, likes money, so it makes that decision even more baffling.

Though, most of Sony's decisions with the Vita are baffling in general.

I think the other problem here is that the Store when using the Vita itself is such garbage that it doesn't even display all the games for some reason, but with the web store gone that's really all that's left. I'm not sure if PS1/Vita games were included in this problem, though, admittedly.

#28721 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1358 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2021 - 05:21 PM

#28722 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1358 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2021 - 05:22 PM

#28723 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3741 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2021 - 05:49 PM

I enjoyed 88 Heroes on PS4 so I will pick up the Vita version. Not sure about Dungeons and Bombs.

I wonder if these will even see releases on the digital store front?

It mentions these are the only releases for April and I thought ScourgeBringer physical was going to be part of the April release schedule.

#28724 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1358 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2021 - 06:47 PM

ScourgeBringer Vita Digital and Physical Copies Are on the Way (siliconera.com)

ScourgeBringer will come to the Vita digitally and PS4 digitally and physically on April 22, 2021. The Vita physical copies will arrive sometime after. ScourgeBringer is immediately available on the Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC.

#28725 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1160 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2021 - 06:54 PM

'Dungeons & Bombs' looks like a 'Crypt of the Necromancer' clone, but less graphically impressive.

#28726 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1358 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2021 - 12:35 AM

#28727 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   1160 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2021 - 04:15 PM

Ok, this is weird. I purchased the 'Super Stardust Delta Interstellar Bundle' through the Vita's store, and as soon as I did, the listing disappeared. I still got the bundle price (which saves $3 over buying the game and add-on separately), but why would the listing for the bundle on the store then disappear?

Weird...

#28728 Moofboy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   581 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2021 - 11:10 PM

If you ever bought Dragon Fantasy, make sure you “purchase” the updated Dragon Fantasy: Volumes of Westeria for free. I didn’t know there was an updated version of the game and the original was delisted. Never got around to Book II.

#28729 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1358 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2021 - 02:51 PM

ON SALE IN 9 MIN 

#28730 RubMySweatyThighsPls  

RubMySweatyThighsPls

Posted 08 April 2021 - 03:05 PM

ON SALE IN 9 MIN 

Thanks picked up a copy of each 

#28731 ricotito23  

ricotito23

Posted 10 April 2021 - 11:03 PM

It seems that we never gonna have physical version. :(

https://mobile.twitt...734721378938880

#28732 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3540 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2021 - 04:33 PM

So not a vita deal, but one of my favorite indie games that I loved on the Vita is coming to Switch today... Fez.  So maybe now there's a chance at a physical release.

#28733 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37928 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2021 - 05:04 PM

So not a vita deal, but one of my favorite indie games that I loved on the Vita is coming to Switch today... Fez.  So maybe now there's a chance at a physical release.

$34.99 from LRG would be my guess.

#28734 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2933 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 14 April 2021 - 05:26 PM

Yeah, the Vita had a "whitelist" of titles that could theoretically run on the Vita, no problem, but for whatever reason Sony would prevent them from being run on the Vita. I believe that the Dracula X Chronicles for the PSP was one of the more prominent entries on that list. It was quite annoying.

I hacked the crap out of my Vita 1000, and my PSTVs, so now I don't have to worry about any of that. Any and all digital titles that I want to attempt to run, I can. (and do) My PSTV is now my go-to system for playing classic PS1 titles and PSP games. I will occasionally use it for certain Vita games, but I also frequently use my Vita 1000 for those. (that OLED still looks good)

#28735 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3540 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2021 - 05:38 PM

$34.99 from LRG would be my guess.

I could probably live with that.   I'll buy it digital the first sale it has, or when I can't resist it anymore.

Yeah, the Vita had a "whitelist" of titles that could theoretically run on the Vita, no problem, but for whatever reason Sony would prevent them from being run on the Vita. I believe that the Dracula X Chronicles for the PSP was one of the more prominent entries on that list. It was quite annoying.

I hacked the crap out of my Vita 1000, and my PSTVs, so now I don't have to worry about any of that. Any and all digital titles that I want to attempt to run, I can. (and do) My PSTV is now my go-to system for playing classic PS1 titles and PSP games. I will occasionally use it for certain Vita games, but I also frequently use my Vita 1000 for those. (that OLED still looks good)

I bought an extra PSTV for this purpose... and it's still sitting new in it's box (bundle version with a few games, memory card, and PS3 controller).   It would be nice to play Asphalt Injection on a tv.

#28736 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3741 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2021 - 06:16 PM

I have Dracula X Chronicles on my Vita. You can direct download it as well.
It is one of the few PSP games I bought to play on vita along with Gradius Collection and Ultimate Ghosts N' Goblins.

I needed a PS3 to transfer the Gradius Collection and the PS1 Classic Castlevania Chronicles.

But for some reason you cannot play Dracula X Chronicles on a Vita TV which is just really asinine. I still think they really botched the Vita TV and it could have been something amazing for playing classic games. Too many silly restrictions.

#28737 DemonsMaster   Jrpg Addicts Anonymous CAGiversary!   1726 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

DemonsMaster

Posted 15 April 2021 - 03:48 AM

Both Root Double and Rabi-Ribi have had their prices dropped on the PSN Store. Could be a sign of other publishers doing the same before the store closes? Since they aren't allowed sales I guess the work-around is just dropping your price

Either way picking up Root Double for sure now since I was already looking at copping the physical from play-asia 

#28738 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37928 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2021 - 04:56 AM

Both Root Double and Rabi-Ribi have had their prices dropped on the PSN Store. Could be a sign of other publishers doing the same before the store closes? Since they aren't allowed sales I guess the work-around is just dropping your price

Either way picking up Root Double for sure now since I was already looking at copping the physical from play-asia 

I would love it if EA did this for the Mass Effect 3 DLC so I don't have to spend $35 for the last 3 I need (From Ashes, Leviathan, Citadel).

#28739 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20307 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2021 - 05:49 AM

I don't see EA doing that as they want you to buy the new Mass Effect Collection

#28740 elessar123  

Posted 15 April 2021 - 08:59 AM

Ar nosurge and Stranger of Sword City Revisited, please. They have never had a sale.

(Yes, I have SoSC vanilla on Vita, and Revisited on Switch. But I would still prefer to play Revisited on my Vita.)