* * * * * 3 votes

12/22-12/28 Best Buy 20% off Nintendo Eshop prepaid cards $20 for $16 / $35 for $28 / $50 for $40

#31 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3012 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:39 AM

I'd recommend Rhythm Thief. Won't be finding a cheaper physical copy of that game.

I think it would have sold a lot better if they released it as an eshop game for $10-15 in the first place.

#32 doodofdoods   Prinny Powered CAGiversary!   3209 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

doodofdoods

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:43 AM

I enjoyed the (push)Mo series.

HarmoKnight was fun, too. I'd wait for a sale, though.

#33 Snuggelz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   315 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:46 AM

Hey guys I was at BestBuy today and snagged a Nintendo DSi Points card, thinking I would be able to use the credit on the eShop. Well I get home and put the info in and here I come to find out that I cannot redeem the points. 

* I just bought the 3DS, so I had assumed the points would work. 

Will BestBuy accept a return/exchange on a point card that has already had the back scratched off? Feeling like a complete twat. Thanks

Unfortunately, It is not in "resale condition". I don't think Best Buy will take it back. Sorry, man. I know it sucks, but you could do something good with it: either find a way to use it, give it to a friend, or even raffle it off!

#34 fei33   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   545 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:56 AM

Making a list of all the eShop games that I should play.  Any other recommendations?

2 Fast 4 Gnomz
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies
Crimson Shroud
Cave Story

Dark Void Zero

escapeVektor
Fractured Soul
Gunman Clive
Mutant Mudds
Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure (cartridge version is expensive)
Senren Kagura Burst
Shantae (cartridge is also expensive) and Shantae: Risky's Revenge
SteamWorld Dig
Undead Storm
VVVVVV

I would also add Mighty Switch Force! and Mighty Switch Force! 2 to your list.  These are games that were developed by WayForward (game studio behind Shantae and Shantae:  Risky's Revenge), and they are fun platform / puzzle games.  WayForward has been responsible for some of my favorite 2D games of the past few years, with quality often on par with larger AAA efforts. 

I would also add some Nintendo eShop exclusives developed by Nintendo themselves.  Pushmo, Crashmo, Mario and Donkey Kong:  Minis on the Move, Sakura Samurai, and Dillon's Rolling Western (I have not played the sequel) are all high quality video games. 

#35 wasabi5858   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1502 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:59 AM

I think it would have sold a lot better if they released it as an eshop game for $10-15 in the first place.

wow just checked prices on amazon. laugh, 

got it last dec for $20.   too bad I opened it to play. would love it in my collection sealed and play with digital .

edit: sort of quoted the wrong person but oh well.

#36 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4054 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:05 AM

got it last dec for $20.   too bad I opened it to play. would love it in my collection sealed and play with digital .

You could always get incredibly lucky by searching here http://www.gamestop....eror s Treasure 

There are 4 used copies within 100 miles of me... but the closest one is 25 miles and I don't feeling going all that way to get a copy.

#37 option.iv   phantom fighter CAGiversary!   3156 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:34 AM

I would also add Mighty Switch Force! and Mighty Switch Force! 2 to your list.  These are games that were developed by WayForward (game studio behind Shantae and Shantae:  Risky's Revenge), and they are fun platform / puzzle games.  WayForward has been responsible for some of my favorite 2D games of the past few years, with quality often on par with larger AAA efforts. 

I would also add some Nintendo eShop exclusives developed by Nintendo themselves.  Pushmo, Crashmo, Mario and Donkey Kong:  Minis on the Move, Sakura Samurai, and Dillon's Rolling Western (I have not played the sequel) are all high quality video games. 

Damn you, I forgot about the WayForward games. And since I'm not getting a WiiU any time, might as well get the Mighty Switch Force games on the 3ds.

#38 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3012 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:21 AM

I'm still pissed I didn't buy it when it was $14-15... Didn't think it'd become a rare game, but at least it's on the eshop now.

#39 doodofdoods   Prinny Powered CAGiversary!   3209 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

doodofdoods

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:09 AM

I would also add Mighty Switch Force! and Mighty Switch Force! 2 to your list. These are games that were developed by WayForward (game studio behind Shantae and Shantae: Risky's Revenge), and they are fun platform / puzzle games. WayForward has been responsible for some of my favorite 2D games of the past few years, with quality often on par with larger AAA efforts.

I dig their games too, but the new adventure time game is an absolute turd. First one was solid, this ones just diarrhea bad.

#40 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3483 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:10 PM

This is the best thing that has ever happened in my life so far.

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:13 PM

I dig their games too, but the new adventure time game is an absolute turd. First one was solid, this ones just diarrhea bad.

WayForward produces lots of turds.  They get a lot of slack for being one of the few devs to support Nintendo, but honestly, most of their games just aren't very good.

To each his own I guess?

#42 SirChadlyOC   Leveling up builds character CAGiversary!   320 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

SirChadlyOC

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:25 PM

WayForward produces lots of turds.  They get a lot of slack for being one of the few devs to support Nintendo, but honestly, most of their games just aren't very good.

To each his own I guess?

IMO, WayForward games have a ton of charm and introduce cool new game styles, but usually they have one or two "dealbreaker" design choices that ruin the game for most people.

As an example, possibly my favorite WayForward game is an old GBA game, "Sigma Star Saga" that combines RPG with 'shmup. Each random battle is a side-scrolling shooter. Your ship would get stronger and faster as you leveled up, and you could find hidden weapon and bomb types as "items" when exploring during the RPG-dungeon parts.

The dealbreaker was that there was no autofire, so you had to mash B on your tiny system for every slightly too often random encounter. However, I played it via emulation with autofire enabled, and suddenly the game was amazing.

So anyway, I usually like WayForward's fresh takes on games and blatantly cheery graphics and music enough to overcome the quirks, but it depends on the gamer.

#43 Fuyubachi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   26 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Fuyubachi

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:29 AM

$35 cards are also on sale for $28.

I ended up buying 3 of each. They also had $35 "Luigi" eshop cards listed separately, but I figured $252 on cards was enough.

I buy all of my 3DS games on the eshop, so this is a pretty good deal for me.

Thanks OP.

#44 Hades79   I miss BlockBuster deals! CAGiversary!   1248 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:41 AM

Does anyone know the maximum value that can be in the eshop balance now? I know that the 3DS was 200 but is that true for the combined eshops now?

#45 MochaRaf   I Come Here Often... CAGiversary!   1429 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:46 AM

$35 cards are also on sale for $28.

I ended up buying 3 of each. They also had $35 "Luigi" eshop cards listed separately, but I figured $252 on cards was enough.

I buy all of my 3DS games on the eshop, so this is a pretty good deal for me.

Thanks OP.

Out of mere curiosity, how many SD cards do you have set aside for your 3DS considering that you download all your games from the eShop? I am currently in Germany, but before moving here I picked up three 32GB SDHC cards for I think $11.99 a pop so I can start downloading games from the U.S. Nintendo Shop because of the whole region lock spiel. I doubt I will need all three of them, as I only intend to download games that I am too impatient to wait for until I can get a physical copy back in the states.

#46 yuyak   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   424 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:51 AM

Just recently bought a WiiU. Any recommendation for eshop games? I'm probably going to get Zelda WindWalker HD download (with this + digital deluxe promo, it's basically $35). Not sure whether I should get more than just the single $50 card I order. 

#47 doodofdoods   Prinny Powered CAGiversary!   3209 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

doodofdoods

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:52 AM

Out of mere curiosity, how many SD cards do you have set aside for your 3DS considering that you download all your games from the eShop? I am currently in Germany, but before moving here I picked up three 32GB SDHC cards for I think $11.99 a pop so I can start downloading games from the U.S. Nintendo Shop because of the whole region lock spiel. I doubt I will need all three of them, as I only intend to download games that I am too impatient to wait for until I can get a physical copy back in the states.

If he uses sdxc cards he'd only need 1. 128 gb should do the trick for eshop enthusiasts.

#48 unpgriff9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   12 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:59 AM

How exactly does the $5 back for $50 thing work. I bought my WiiU Deluxe at bestbuy, and didn't really want Wind Waker nor Pikmin 3. I was thinking of just buying some eshop cards and using those to buy 3D World and W101.

#49 yuyak   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   424 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:31 AM

How exactly does the $5 back for $50 thing work. I bought my WiiU Deluxe at bestbuy, and didn't really want Wind Waker nor Pikmin 3. I was thinking of just buying some eshop cards and using those to buy 3D World and W101.

http://www.ign.com/b...plained-sort-of

https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/

#50 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11326 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:40 AM

Any recommand Brand  SD card for 3DS?

#51 option.iv   phantom fighter CAGiversary!   3156 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:56 AM

I've used Transcend (can be gotten from Amazon) on both my Wii and 3DS and it's been working fine. They're cheaper than the other brands but pretty reliable. Haven't had any gripes or problems at all while owning them for years. As for max capacity allowed, you'll have to double check. I believe it's 32GB, but don't quote me on that.

#52 Anjon   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:26 AM

Any SDHC card above 2gb is fine. The card that comes with the XL is a 4gb Class 4 card, and I don't think it's actually possible to find non-SDHC cards at 4gb and above so you should be okay no matter what you get. I'm using a 32gb Class 4 microSD card in a SD card adapter, which is probably as awkward a setup as you can get. I don't know what happens if you try anything below class 4 though. Maybe you get worse load times?

#53 Fuyubachi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   26 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Fuyubachi

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:29 AM

I'm only using a lone 32GB card atm. Some of my 3DS games (like Etrian Odyssey IV or Zelda ALBW) are maybe a third of the size of other ones (Shin Megami Tensei IV). I think I can burn through all of this credit without needing to buy a new card. If I need to, I'll upgrade to an SDXC card down the line. Bravely Default is going to be pretty huge though.

#54 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5313 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:32 AM

I'm still using my stock 4GB SD card at the moment.  Is it a difficult to transfer to another SD card?  Might upgrade to a 32GB that I haven't really been using.  I'll research this later.

#55 Anjon   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:39 AM

I'm still using my stock 4GB SD card at the moment.  Is it a difficult to transfer to another SD card?  Might upgrade to a 32GB that I haven't really been using.  I'll research this later.

From what I heard, all you need is a card reader for your PC and you can just transfer files to your harddrive, then from the harddrive onto the new SD card. You don't even need proprietary software.

#56 wasabi5858   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1502 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:46 AM

From what I heard, all you need is a card reader for your PC and you can just transfer files to your harddrive, then from the harddrive onto the new SD card. You don't even need proprietary software.

That's correct. With the SDXC cards tho, I do believe you may need to format it to fat32 for it to work.

#57 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11238 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:54 AM

Yes, make sure you format your card or else it wont be able to read the data on there.

#58 Caddywompus21   CAGnaut CAGiversary!   656 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Caddywompus21

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:54 AM

Yep that's all I did when I got my 32 gb Scandisk Ultra Class 10. Really easy to do and cards are so cheap I got one large enough that I'll never be able to fill.

#59 mywhitenoise   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1221 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

mywhitenoise

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:26 AM

This is the best thing that has ever happened in my life so far.

That's so sad!  :cry:

#60 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3483 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

That's so sad! :cry:

haha. That's life!