* * * * * 25 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

#1861 NeoStrayCat   Cat Person! :3 CAGiversary!   857 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

NeoStrayCat

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:21 AM

I would have wondered if the GS employee had to say, Sorry, its on hold, for a CAG, yeah, power to the players, exactly, lol.

#1862 laundrymatt  

laundrymatt

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:32 AM

Seeing how big that Titanfall CE box is...it isn't gonna take Best Buy any time at all to clearance that thing. IF there is stock remaining. I give it 2-4 weeks and whatever's left will be discounted.

And I also would be wary ordering this online from them because they will almost certainly slap a label on it and send it. I've had numerous CE's smaller than that come that way from them.

#1863 Kay_Faraday   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   977 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Kay_Faraday

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:42 AM

UPDATE: I got it! the person was so awesome. he said he fended off 2 other clients because he was holding it for me! This makes my day!

nice employee :D

#1864 ghost1914  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:50 AM

Question regarding a best buy preorder: If I don't pick up my titan fall CE on release does that preorder stay in their system so say there is a clearance in 2-4 weeks can I still use what I put down towards it to pick one up?

#1865 Rip44  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:05 AM

Question regarding a best buy preorder: If I don't pick up my titan fall CE on release does that preorder stay in their system so say there is a clearance in 2-4 weeks can I still use what I put down towards it to pick one up?

I think they're like GameStop and only hold it for 48hours.

#1866 Shpinxis   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Shpinxis

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:25 AM

I picked up my Tales CE yesterday and got number 2311. Can anyone beat that?

#1867 Shpinxis   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Shpinxis

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:30 AM

I picked up my Tales of Symphonia CE and got number 2311. Can anyone beat that?

#1868 Vigilante   Hold On to That Hatred CAGiversary!   37100 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:33 AM

I picked up my Tales CE yesterday and got number 2311. Can anyone beat that?

No.

No.

;)

#1869 R3DH3R0   15 Years and Counting CAGiversary!   2846 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:45 AM

placed an order for two ToS CE as soon as they hit Amazon, both 17xxx, oh well.

#1870 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:47 AM

I believe 2,310 people can.

#1871 Shpinxis   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Shpinxis

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:47 AM

I just saw a thread for the Tales of Xillia Collectors Edition coming back in stock, but now it seems to be gone.

Anyway, I think I am going to jump on this, but can't decide now If I should just buy it from an Ebay seller or Namco, which would be from Digital River. My LR:CE came fine from DR, but should I risk it again?

Also, to anyone that has it already, is the box that it comes in hard cased, like to Tales of Symphonia CE or is it soft cardboard?

#1872 itsoverninethousand   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   90 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

itsoverninethousand

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:59 AM

Or TommyLove.

#1873 DanteWarrior   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1373 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

DanteWarrior

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:05 AM

Darn. Just posted same reply in other thread. I guess great minds think alike or something?

#1874 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:27 AM

they eat your preorder $ after a month or more, after the game has been released.  you have to bring a receipt, or proof to get a refund of your preorder with a managers override.

#1875 saiyajinsc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   483 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

saiyajinsc

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:02 AM

I guess it's too late for titanfall ce

#1876 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   7011 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:07 AM

Boo, I didnt realize the # on the Symphonia CE was on the top.  My store had 5 so I should've asked to get the lowest #.

#1877 shakespeare   The True Bard! CAGiversary!   353 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

shakespeare

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:48 AM

2597...almost!

#1878 Dezner   Kanetsugu! <3 CAGiversary!   453 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:12 AM

2597...almost!

Damn! :p I'm not even close...#04405, though I like that number for some reason. :3 

#1879 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:43 AM

inFamous second son CE is back in stock on Amazon but out of stock on Best Buy

#1880 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14460 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:48 AM

3161, only preorder at the Fenton, MO GameStop.

#1881 D.Choy   Oh Hai. CAGiversary!   950 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:16 AM

Seeing how big that Titanfall CE box is...it isn't gonna take Best Buy any time at all to clearance that thing. IF there is stock remaining. I give it 2-4 weeks and whatever's left will be discounted.

And I also would be wary ordering this online from them because they will almost certainly slap a label on it and send it. I've had numerous CE's smaller than that come that way from them.

I don't think this item will ever hit clearance. My guess is that stores only allocate actual orders and that they aren't buying extra stock to sell on the floor. With inventory costs already high as it is, what incentive do stores have to order more stock if they don't think they will sell it. Even GameStop is following this model where they aren't getting extra copies of expensive CEs.

I'll use CoD Prestige Edition as an example. Other stores like Target got plenty of stock. My Best Buy only got the actual amount preordered and they had no more to sell on the floor.

#1882 Zolor23   Hey there. CAGiversary!   2971 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:44 AM

I don't think this item will ever hit clearance. My guess is that stores only allocate actual orders and that they aren't buying extra stock to sell on the floor. With inventory costs already high as it is, what incentive do stores have to order more stock if they don't think they will sell it. Even GameStop is following this model where they aren't getting extra copies of expensive CEs.

I'll use CoD Prestige Edition as an example. Other stores like Target got plenty of stock. My Best Buy only got the actual amount preordered and they had no more to sell on the floor.

It's strange. My local BB has 4 copies of ACIV Limited Edition. Three for the PS3 and one for the PS4. Those are the only big box CEs there, however.

#1883 D.Choy   Oh Hai. CAGiversary!   950 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:17 AM

It's strange. My local BB has 4 copies of ACIV Limited Edition. Three for the PS3 and one for the PS4. Those are the only big box CEs there, however.

That's my point. It doesn't make sense for them to order more allocation if it isn't going to sell. The size of the Titanfall CE is huge. I don't even think they can put one display box out either. GameStop didn't even get extra allocation of Last of Us Post Pandemic because they took up so much room and were of course limited.

#1884 cjenvy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1983 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

i made it into double digits boys with a very solid 46 boys

beat that tommylove and anyone else that dares to try

#1885 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3588 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:50 PM

they eat your preorder $ after a month or more, after the game has been released.  you have to bring a receipt, or proof to get a refund of your preorder with a managers override.

I'm not sure what the timeline is, but I preordered Dead Island Riptide to get the Steelbook. I did it at an out-of-state BB because I was on vacation and was worried that my local BB would be sold out. Anyway, I never bothered to pick up my preorder.

A few weeks later or so, the CE dropped to $45 online so I ordered it. A couple days after that, I was presently surprised to see the $20 preorder BB reward certificate.

Bottom line, their system seems to keep track of preorders by MyBB account, and it's possible to get the preorder bonus even if you don't pick up your copy at the store you preordered it at.

#1886 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3588 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:52 PM

Double post!

My BB is the same way. I haven't seen a CE on the floor in a year or more. They only order enough to cover preorders (which means you need to pick it up on release day before an associate accidentally puts in on the floor).

#1887 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49878 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:28 PM

i made it into double digits boys with a very solid 46 boys

beat that tommylove and anyone else that dares to try

Pics or GTFO.

#1888 laundrymatt  

laundrymatt

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:46 PM

Right, but online it very well may. They may not take up floor space if they aren't there, but unsold copies will take up warehouse space.

It may not come to that, but it just depends on how many cancelled pre-orders they get, and how fast they sell those that cancelled, IMO.

Also, is the XBONE the only system getting the CE? I imagine the 360 won't sell as well.

And I dont think either of the 2 best buys around me adhere to this new practice, as both have numerous AC Black Flag and Prestige Editions on the floor.

#1889 nJoy7   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2237 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:50 PM

Right, but online it very well may. They may not take up floor space if they aren't there, but unsold copies will take up warehouse space.

It may not come to that, but it just depends on how many cancelled pre-orders they get, and how fast they sell those that cancelled, IMO.

Also, is the XBONE the only system getting the CE? I imagine the 360 won't sell as well.

I believe the 360 will be getting a CE version as well. I'm not sure about the PC... but I would assume that would be getting one too!

#1890 nJoy7   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   2237 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:51 PM

Here is a Titanfall CE unboxing video. The statue looks great!!! O_O

LINK