Ibotta: Get $5 back on $100 in Best Buy purchase(s) (online and/or in store) - $10 back on $100 for Microsoftstore.com too!

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Since Ibotta has been regularly having Best Buy and Microsoftstore.com offers I've restructured this thread a bit. I have also added an FAQ below.

Current "CAG Friendly" offers:

- Best Buy (in store and/or online):

$5 for spending $100 (can be multiple purchases)* - Expires "02/10/15 at 12:59 am",

*On occasion some users get different offers so it may vary - you won't know until you open the app.

- MicrosoftStore.com (online only):

$10 for spending $100 (can be multiple purchases) - Expires but has been ongoing regularly

- New users can also get a $2 bonus (read below).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ibotta is basically an instant rebate app for smart phones that allows you to get money back for certain items (typically grocery). The money can be deposited into your paypal or used for some gift cards.  It is an app actually worth checking out anyway but these deals are certainly bound to speak to some CAG folk.

You can download the app through their site (or read below if you'd like to thank me for sharing this offer with you): https://ibotta.com/. There is no bonus to using my referral link in my signature but if you'd like to as a thank you for posting this I certainly won't argue - your rebate will go through all the same but yes, I get a bonus too.  To do so correctly make sure to register at the below link and then sign in with those same credentials once you install the app.

New Ibotta user you can earn an additional $2 bonus for redeeming your first offer. Simply redeem your first offer (this offer or any other) within 10 days of signing up. Once you redeem your first offer (again, you must do so within 10 days of signing up not just installing the app) you will get a bonus $2 welcome reward. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Ibotta FAQ

Q: How do I unlock a rebate?

A: Each rebate has a couple of task that must be completed before it is "unlocked" and you can redeem it. Most of these task consist of a poll or "learning a fact" but on occasion they include posting to Twitter or Facebook. 

Q: How long can I submit a receipt?

A: Receipts can be submitted for up to one week from the purchase date. I.e. a receipt from the 1st can be submitted up through the 7th. Offers do expire though, and an offer may expire before a week's time preventing you from submitting it. 

Q: How do I complete an online offer such as BestBuy.com?

A: Once you've competed the "task" to unlock the offer there will be an option to click a button to "shop." You will then have the option to send yourself a referral link to use later or to shop directly from within an in-app browser. Online purchases tend to show up in your account in 2-3 days.

Q: I bought something three days ago and a new rebate has been added for that same item! Can I still submit my receipt?
A: Yes, you can submit any receipt less than a week old, even if the offer didn't exist when you originally purchased the item. For example, if you spent $100 at Best Buy on the 1st and an offer for $10 back when you spend $100 was added on the 3rd, you could submit the receipt from the 1st. 

Q: How long do rebates take?

A: They can vary a bit, and receipt photos that are hard to read seem to take longer (most likely are manually reviewed) but often times rebates post to your account within an hour. 

Q: How can I get the money I've earned?

A: Once you've reached a minimum of $10 you can "cash out" a number of ways including sending the cash directly to your Paypal or even gift cards such as Best Buy and Starbucks (among others). 

Q: How come some people have a $10 for spending $100 and others have $5 for $100 or $20 for $100? Why don't I have the same offer as someone else?

A: Ibotta does seem to periodically offer different offers to different users. This appears to be from a combination of different reasons, everything from geographical location, how long you'e been a user or even if you redeemed a previous offer for the same store. 

Q: If I pay with a gift card will it still count? Can I use other coupons and still qualify for an Ibotta rebate?

A: Ibotta really doesn't care about the form of payment or other coupons used (with one exception). So long as you bought the item and it is on your receipt it will qualify. It is possible to buy a grocery item that is on sale for $2, use a $1 off coupon and get $1.50 back in Ibotta rebate. The exception to this is the "Spend $$$ to get $$$" offers. Since the final total paid is what matters. If you lower the total with coupons/sales/reward certificates (for Best Buy) will result in less money being counted as "spent."  

Q: How do "Team Bonuses" work?

A: Teams are fairly new and still a little unclear but the primary way they work is that everyone you invite to Ibotta and joins through your link winds up on your "team." Once your team has received a certain dollar amount in rebates and you've also redeemed a certain amount you qualify for a bonus. For example, a hypothetical Team Bonus might require that your team redeems $20 in rebates total and you redeem $10 in rebates personally. Once both conditions are met you'll receive the bonus for that month. This will typically unlock a "level 2" where you can gain another bonus when the next levels are met. So far there have not been more than 3 "levels" of Team Bonuses.  It may be possible to add others to your team through Facebook. 

Q: Can multiple accounts on different devices send to the same Paypal account?

A: Short answer, yes. Ibotta does appear to have realized that some households may have multiple phones but maybe only one Paypal account so you could, for example, have yourself and your spouse both cash out to the same Paypal. Having more than one account per person is almost certainly against the terms however so do so at your own risk.

Previous deal info
Best Buy and Ibotta deal for Black Friday

Find gifts for everyone on your list at Best Buy!

Earn $5 when you Spend $100 in-store at Best Buy or online at BestBuy.com on Thanksgiving or Black Friday.
Once you earn your first $5, you’ll unlock a special bonus offer where you can earn an additional $10 when you spend $10 in-store (on your next trip) to Best Buy. Be sure to hurry, this special unlocked bonus offer will only last until the weekend of 12/6/14.
Check your special unlocked offer for more details.
Best Buy In-Store Details
To qualify you must:

• Spend a total of $100 at Best Buy between 12:01 AM (PST) on 11/27/14 and 11:59 PM (PST) on 11/28/14
  • The $100 minimum may include receipts submitted from one or multiple shopping trips across in-store and online Best Buy purchases.
  • Spend at least $100 prior to adding any taxes or shipping and handling costs
  • If your in-store purchase is cancelled or returned, your earnings will be reversed and your Ibotta account balance will be adjusted accordingly
  • No partial credit will be awarded if the $100 minimum is not met
  • Offer excludes gift card purchases
  • Subject to Best Buy’s Return and Exchange Policy
  • Terms subject to change.
Best Buy Online Details
To qualify you must:

• Spend a total of $100 at BestBuy.com between 12:01 AM (PST) on 11/27/14 and 11:59 PM (PST) on 11/28/14
  • The $100 minimum may include receipts submitted from one or multiple shopping trips across online and in-store purchases.
  • Spend at least $100 prior to adding any taxes or shipping and handling costs
  • If your online purchase is cancelled or returned, your earnings will be reversed and your Ibotta account balance will be adjusted accordingly
  • No partial credit will be awarded if the $100 minimum is not met
  • Offer excludes gift card purchases
  • Subject to Best Buy’s Return and Exchange Policy
  • Terms subject to change.
Check your app on 11/27/14 or 11/28/14 for additional details.

The money can be deposited into your paypal or used for some gift cards (Starbucks for example).  It is an app actually worth checking out anyway but this new deal certainly bound to speak to some CAG folk.

You can download the app through their site (or read below if you'd like to thank me for sharing this offer with you): https://ibotta.com/. There is no bonus to using my referral link below but if you'd like to as a thank you for posting this I certainly won't argue - your rebate will go through all the same but I get a bonus too so it's pretty awesome.   :) To do so correctly make sure to register at the below link and then sign in with those same credentials once you install the app.

New Ibotta user you can earn an additional $2 bonus for redeeming your first offer. Simply redeem your first offer (this offer or any other) within 10 days of signing up. Once you redeem your first offer (again, you must do so within 10 days of signing up not just installing the app) you will get a bonus $2 welcome reward. So $7 total back for a $50 purchase (or $12 for $100).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...

-Buy $320 worth of eShop cards for 20% off at $256

-Pay with my Amex that has a deal of a $25 statement credit on $250 purchase.

-Get 256 reward zone points (equaling $5.06 worth of Best Buy gift cards)

-Get 10% back with the Digital Deluxe Promotion when I spend the money (worth $32)
-Get 1% back on my AMEX with credit card rewards ($2.56 in future Amazon Gift Cards)

-Get $10 back with this Ibotta thing
=$320 in eShop Gift Cards for $181.36

Hmm...

-Buy $320 worth of eShop cards for 20% off at $256

-Pay with my Amex that has a deal of a $25 statement credit on $250 purchase.

-Get 256 reward zone points (equaling $5.06 worth of Best Buy gift cards)

-Get 10% back with the Digital Deluxe Promotion when I spend the money (worth $32)
-Get 1% back on my AMEX with credit card rewards ($2.56 in future Amazon Gift Cards)

-Get $10 back with this Ibotta thing
=$320 in eShop Gift Cards for $181.36
You lost me about mid way through, but I think I saw profit?

Also, wouldn't e-cards get you double RZ points if you are a gamers club member? So that's actually 512 in RZ points or a little over $10.

Is there even $320 worth of stuff to buy on the e-shop? lol

You lost me about mid way through, but I think I saw profit?

Also, wouldn't e-cards get you double RZ points if you are a gamers club member? So that's actually 512 in RZ points or a little over $10.

Is there even $320 worth of stuff to buy on the e-shop? lol
Well if you buy your games digitally pretty much everything is on the eShop. You'll spend it eventually.

I thought that they got rid of the double gamer point thing with My Best Buy, and now points just don't expire? At least the eShop cards I bought on Sunday are showing up as 1:1 point thing. Maybe Gamers Club Unlocked or whatever offers double points.

Well if you buy your games digitally pretty much everything is on the eShop. You'll spend it eventually.

I thought that they got rid of the double gamer point thing with My Best Buy, and now points just don't expire? At least the eShop cards I bought on Sunday are showing up as 1:1 point thing. Maybe Gamers Club Unlocked or whatever offers double points.
Unlocked definitely does. They may just not offer double points on stuff like points cards.

Just wanted to update, I used a couple of giftcards for a purchase that went over $100 and gave the receipt to a friend and they were able to get $10 back too (so it works with giftcard purchases too).

I wonder what's to keep someone from returning the items they purchased and pocketing the $10?
Honestly, not sure (thought about this myself as the money post very quickly). My only guess would be that since there is a barcode on the receipt that I'm sure is being used to verify the purchase that should it be returned it would theoretically be possible to remove the funds from your account.

I got kind of lucky, I actually had a co-workers ask me to pick up some games for her using my 20% discount and it came to $107. So I got MyBestBuy points and $10 back for letting her use my discount. :) Not a bad deal.

Ahh damn, it said it expired on the 16th but Ibotta is weird sometimes and will having something expire at like 12:01 12/16/14, but say that it expires on the 16th which is confusing in terms of how most places use it. Sad that it is gone, was going to have my dad redeem a receipt on his account today.  Keep an eye out though, looks like Best Buy is now working with them in general (they have a DVD offer right now that had been at Target before). 

Got my bonus. The process took an hour for each receipt. Pretty happy about that! Thanks again OP. Got $13.50 after redeeming another offer to add $1, plue the bonus $2.50 for completing 2 offers in first two weeks. Might go for 10 to get bonus $10 total.

There's am electronics section for me. Maybe your near by has to be closer to a Best buy? Maybe zip code input if it allows?
Nope.. All i see is Love Actually Dvd or Blue ray :/ What's your zip? o.o

Bump for the new offer. CAG's new to Ibotta should read information about the bonus $2 for signing up too. 

Bump for the new offer. CAG's new to Ibotta should read information about the bonus $2 for signing up from the referral link in the OP.
what are the dates/deadlines for this new offer? i mean is there a sign up deadline or just a deadline my purchases have to be made at BB? Next week BB is having a B2G1, this would stack up nicely with that...

what are the dates/deadlines for this new offer? i mean is there a sign up deadline or just a deadline my purchases have to be made at BB? Next week BB is having a B2G1, this would stack up nicely with that...
I couldn't see a deadline for the offer in the app but you have to redeem within 10 days of signing up through the referral for the $2 bonus. Additionally, you have to submit a receipt within a week of the purchase. Good question, I'll add that to the OP.

I swear the app just updated, the offer is good through "2/3/14 at 12:59 am" so I would make sure to have submitted your receipts by 2/2.

Had no idea that there would be different offers! Interesting.

Since it can be multiple purchases it can still be a good deal. And even though it says "no gift cards" a friend of mine got it to work on a receipt last time I had from just combining two gift cards that was over $100.
Oh didn't even delve deeper Into the offer and assumed it had to be all at once! Great thanks for the info. ima try to use a 4 day old receipt and see how that goes

Oh didn't even delve deeper Into the offer and assumed it had to be all at once! Great thanks for the info. ima try to use a 4 day old receipt and see how that goes
Should work without issue. Either offer you'll still get the $2 bonus if you go through a referral link. Usually you'll have the money within 24 hours of submitting (often less).

Was able to do the polls/offers but now I need to actually make a purchase. Used iBotta on some milk and Simply Ore-Ida fries today :)

Was gonna do an instore pickup for next week, now i might just try instore.

Was planning to buy DBZ for PS3 and Tomb Raider for PS4, or possibly go for the b2g1 as well

Was able to do the polls/offers but now I need to actually make a purchase. Used iBotta on some milk and Simply Ore-Ida fries today :)
Yeah, I actually use it quite a bit for grocery lately myself. The generic "any brand milk," "any brand cereal," "any brand bread" type offers are hard to refuse.

LOL at people voting the thread down (most likely because I included a referral link).  Just like to remind everyone that they can still get $5 or $10 back on their $50 or $100 purchase regardless of if they click my referral link, it is purely there if CAG's would like to "say thanks" for showing them the offer. 

CAG is a funny place sometimes. 

People questioning the legitimacy of the app I should throw it out there that I just transferred $35 from Ibotta to my Paypal (and then to my bank) last week. $5 is the minimum to transfer so whichever deal you get you can transfer the money from this deal right into your paypal once it goes through. 

Did it last night and got my $10. Have another receipt so will use the wife's phone to do that and refer her from mine so I'll get $15 this time

Has anyone tried the $100 offer with an online order? I bought a ps4 from bestbuy.com and was going to use this offer but in store pick up wasn't available. The details say in store receipts but maybe I can try contacting their customer service since the ps4 isn't available in store yet

Has anyone tried the $100 offer with an online order? I bought a ps4 from bestbuy.com and was going to use this offer but in store pick up wasn't available. The details say in store receipts but maybe I can try contacting their customer service since the ps4 isn't available in store yet
Store pick up would be a maybe (they still print a receipt) but since you have to take a photo of your receipt I'd say this is, unfortunately, not very likely. Only thing you could take a photo of is the packing slip.

Not sure what customer service would really do, bestbuy.com orders don't print receipts...

Related, has anyone tried to use a store pick up receipt yet? Really wondering if this would work.

I am honestly curious how they go about confirming these things. If you create an endles amount of emails since that's what they use to create an account what is to stop someone from using the same receipt multiple times?

If anyone was wondering ...I managed to scan the purchase of a gift card to add to my bb total .

if you payed for something using a giftcard does it still count or do you need to use cash or credit card?

If anyone was wondering ...I managed to scan the purchase of a gift card to add to my bb total .
This worked last time too, so not overly surprised.

if you payed for something using a giftcard does it still count or do you need to use cash or credit card?
Yep, doesn't matter how you pay so long as the total adds up to over $50/$100 total.

I am honestly curious how they go about confirming these things. If you create an endles amount of emails since that's what they use to create an account what is to stop someone from using the same receipt multiple times?
They typically seem to work with companies that have UPC's on their receipts. My guess is that it would be caught if you submitted multiples. Plus, don't you need a credit card or bank to make a paypal account?

This worked last time too, so not overly surprised.

Yep, doesn't matter how you pay so long as the total adds up to over $50/$100 total.

They typically seem to work with companies that have UPC's on their receipts. My guess is that it would be caught if you submitted multiples. Plus, don't you need a credit card or bank to make a paypal account?
When you link your paypal it's just by email. I linked my paypal to two different accounts on the app since I had two different reciepts over $100 and it went through fine. In order to create a paypal I'm not sure if you have to link a bank account initially I can't remember.

When you link your paypal it's just by email. I linked my paypal to two different accounts on the app since I had two different reciepts over $100 and it went through fine. In order to create a paypal I'm not sure if you have to link a bank account initially I can't remember.
I guess I never thought to just use the same paypal account for both Ibotta accounts. Obviously this could be abused but my parents both have the app so knowing this is super convenient for them as they don't have separate paypal accounts.

Just a reminder, you can only take advantage of the $2 sign up bonus until the 31st. 

bread's done
Back