YMMV- Free $5 PSN Credit with 30 day Music Unlimited Trial

UNC5052

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Weird. I have over 300 downloads on the PSN and they never offer me anything like this. I never once got one of those free $10 credits they were giving out to "loyal" PS users either.

Weird. I have over 300 downloads on the PSN and they never offer me anything like this. I never once got one of those free $10 credits they were giving out to "loyal" PS users either.
That's because they know you are good for the money and there's no need to dangle a carrot in front of you :)

I got the email an hour ago.

I've been an owner of PS3 and PSN member since 2007, and have a decent number of downloads. I'm in California, and have been a PS+ member for a couple years. I have ~$50 in my SEN wallet funds.

If I recall correctly, I also got the $10 loyalty bonus from awhile back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw nothing saying TWD will be released next week on the PSN store and only for Steam and XBLA. I hope it comes out next week and excited about The Wolf episode 2 and the announcement if Telltales Borderlands and Game of Thrones series.

I think this is the first time I've gotten an email mentioned in a "check your email" thread.

I saw nothing saying TWD will be released next week on the PSN store and only for Steam and XBLA. I hope it comes out next week and excited about The Wolf episode 2 and the announcement if Telltales Borderlands and Game of Thrones series.
I'm pretty sure it will. The trailer said "coming VERY soon", and it showed pretty much EVERY system known to man. Well, that's an exaggeration, but still... All of the episodes of S1 came earlier on the PSN than xbox, if I remember correctly. If XBOX is supposed to be dropping on Dec 17th, don't see why PSN wouldn't either.

Why does everyone assume they're "loyal" enough to earn the promotional item? I see more people trying to explain why they're "loyal" and it really just sounds like they're turned off that they didn't get a free item for whatever reason (most likely missing whatever the target might be, like having tried Music Unlimited before).

That's because they know you are good for the money and there's no need to dangle a carrot in front of you :)
Yet I got one...

400+ games played

Trophy level 32 (almost 33)

Plus until 2016

Owns 2 PlayStation 3's, 2 PlayStation Vita's and a PlayStation 4

Over 1,000 downloads on the PSN

Member since 08 (I believe)

and many more things. =\

It's just weird that they say there's a target criteria, yet some people who've only had a PS3 account for a week/all 5 of their alt accounts get it. Plus, during the very first promotion, they said "to our most loyal customers" or whatever. They changed their wording the second time around, but still. xD

It's just weird that they say there's a target criteria, yet some people who've only had a PS3 account for a week/all 5 of their alt accounts get it. Plus, during the very first promotion, they said "to our most loyal customers" or whatever. They changed their wording the second time around, but still. xD
They don't. Nowhere in the E-Mail does it anything about being loyal or even being a member on the PSN.

I'm talking about back when they were giving people $10-20 credits in their inbox. The first time they did that, they said something along the lines of "thanks for being a loyal customer", or whatever. The second time they did that, they didn't use the phrase "loyal customer", because people got upset by it.

I don't know if this will work for others, but if you got the offer, but used your free trial, then you're welcome to try my trial from the PS4. 

FYI, before any of you try "giving it out," the offer is tied to accounts who were lucky enough to be selected to the promotion so there's no sense in anyone trying to "ask" for a trial.

I got lucky and got the $5 offer on 3 different accounts. My main one that I game on, my account that I purchase (and gameshare) all my games on, and on my original PSN account that was made back in April '07 that i never even use. I'm pretty positive that the key to getting these promotions is to have both types of offers enabled/checked on your PSN accounts under Account Management > Account Info > Notifications. I've received a lot of other offers, beta invites and other junk while friends who had that unchecked didn't. Something to think about, I guess.

FYI, before any of you try "giving it out," the offer is tied to accounts who were lucky enough to be selected to the promotion so there's no sense in anyone trying to "ask" for a trial.

I got lucky and got the $5 offer on 3 different accounts. My main one that I game on, my account that I purchase (and gameshare) all my games on, and on my original PSN account that was made back in April '07 that i never even use. I'm pretty positive that the key to getting these promotions is to have both types of offers enabled/checked on your PSN accounts under Account Management > Account Info > Notifications. I've received a lot of other offers, beta invites and other junk while friends who had that unchecked didn't. Something to think about, I guess.
My Admiralvic account rarely gets these or even the weekly PSN update (even though I am okay with messages), but my stupid CAG account gets them constantly. However, Admiralvic gets in all the weird betas.

I've got both of those notification settings unchecked, but I still got this offer (as well as that $10 loyalty credit awhile ago):

• Yes, I'd like to receive news, special offers and other information about Sony Group of Companies' products and services.
  • Yes, I agree to allow my personal information to be shared with PlayStation® partners for marketing purposes.

I got the offer and just started the trial. I hope that I get the credit, but OMG is Music Unlimited's website so incredibly terrible. It does have one feature I really wanted and that Spotify does not have - you can put albums into a "virtual library". That is great, but my god man is it so incredibly bad in every other way. Painful to find what you want. I will be canceling before the trial is over for sure. Still, it's free for a month and hopefully they give me the $5 PSN credit, so it's a win regardless. Thanks OP!

Are you required to have your CC info on record to be able to take advantage of it? I got the email but when I tried to accept the offer it wanted billing information

Can I sign up and cancel subscription right away? I do that sometimes with the free 7 day trial so that it doesn't use my credit card when its over.

Damn, $5 PSN credit offer only works if you received the promotional email in the first place from Sony. 

Got the email today. When I clicked the link it said I was a member, which I assume could be from the 30 day PS+ trial. The terms state you have to trial the premium membership, so I did that.

I got this, trying to dig up a Plus trial so I can force myself to do this so I can use the credit to buy MvC:Origins since Plus has it for 3.75 atm.

Got one but everytime i put my card information i get enter valid card number and i the information is correct. well it seems like $5 less for me :/

Same thing for me. I entered three different cards and none of them are valid...
I've heard that a lot of people have been having issues with that lately... this guy on GameFaqs was telling me that he couldn't get his card to work on the PSN and he has the exact same type of card as me. It just refused to recognize it.

bread's done
Back