Official Battlefield 4 PS4 Thread!

js1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
xl_battlefield_4_624.jpg

Welcome to the Official CheapAssGamer Battlefield 4 PS4 Thread!

This a place to discuss Battlefield 4 for PS4 and to meet and squad up with other Cheapassgamers.

BATTLEFIELD 4 ON PS4 Basic info:
FEATURES:
  • 64 PLAYERS ONLINE IN MASSIVE BATTLES
  • NEXT-GEN GRAPHICS IN 60 FPS
  • IN-GAME BATTLELOG
  • SPECTATOR MODE
Battlefield 4 on PlayStation 4 offers players a glimpse into the future of interactive entertainment. Players are able to grab hold of the DUALSHOCK4 controller and jump into those incredible gameplay moments that blur the line between game and glory.
Battlefield 4 is coming to PlayStation 4, offering players a glimpse into the future of interactive entertainment. Players will be able to grab hold of the DUALSHOCK4 controller and jump into those incredible gameplay moments that blur the line between game and glory.

KEY FEATURES
  • Only in Battlefield can you experience Levolution on the PS4, changing the landscape in real-time with interactive environments that react to your every move to ensure no two matches are alike.
  • Only in Battlefield will you find the awe-inspiring power of the next generation Frostbite™ 3 engine, delivering unmatched visual and audio fidelity, superior character animations and dynamic destruction running at a smooth 60 frames-per-second.
  • Only in Battlefield can you experience an unmatched level of all-out war that grants you the freedom to play to your strengths and your own patch to victory with up to 64 players online.
  • Only in Battlefield do you have the power to dominate land, air and sea with all-new, intense water-based vehicle combat on the PS4.
  • Only in Battlefield will you lead your squad in Commander Mode, which lets you take point and turn the tide of battle from both the edge of your seat or on the go with your tablet.
Links to the Battlefield webpage, Twitter, Facebook etc. and basic info:

Webpage:
http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/playstation-4

Battlelog(place to make emblems, clan tags and more!):
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/

Battlefield Twitter:
https://twitter.com/Battlefield

Battlefield Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/battlefield.na

Battlefield PS4 forums(good for checking up on details on patches and updates):
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/view/2955065219584871868/

Latest PS4 Battlefield update/patch:
March 4 PS4 Game Update Notes

March 4 PS4 Game Update Notes
-Several crash fixes and stability improvements
-Various improvements for Spectator Mode
-Increased the maxium rank to 120
-Fixed an issue with the kill camera triggering before game client would display the last portion of damage being dealt, giving players the impression that they died too early
-Fixed issue with blood effects, damage indicators, and health bar updates in the HUD being out of sync. This issue meant that players would sometimes miss information about being shot at, or get the impression of too few hits occurring for the amount of bullets that hit.
-Tweaked the speed, dispersion, and re-arm duration of the IFV and MBT projectiles
-Tweaked timing for how long the killfeed stays on screen
-Fixed an issue where the message "Joining Server" sometimes didn't appear when the user tried to join the server
-Added default player slots to server browser filters
-Fix for an issue on Silk Road where players could deform the terrain to create a big, water-filled hole
-Fix for a bug that occurred with the end-of-round camera if the player was in the bomber in China Rising
-Fix for an issue on Rogue Transmission where it was impossible to capture a flag while riding the quad bike
-Prevented players from interacting with an M-Com on Siege of Shanghai after it had been destroyed
-Fixed an issue where audio for disarming M-Coms could get stuck in an infinite loop
-Added minimap details for missing carriers in Rush on Paracel Storm and Hainan Resort
-Fix for an exploit that would allow players to shoot two tank shells with not enough delay between shots
-Removed a bug where squads would get split up when transitioning between Conquest and Air Superiority
-Fixed an issue where Defuse could get stuck in an unplayable state between rounds
-Removed a bug that would cause players to sometimes get stuck in the killcam after having been killed
-Fixed an issue with revive icon not being greyed out in-game on map and minimap, when the player died after getting revived in Defuse
-General improvements and bug fixes for the Battledash and Mission create screens
-Fixed a bug where red laser dots would get stuck on textures
-Zoom dispersion fix. When zooming in while firing the dispersion did not lower to the new max value
-Fixed a bug where the enemy health always displayed as full in the kill-cam
-Fixed an issue in Defuse so killed bomb carrier can’t plant a bomb in the next round without picking up a new bomb
-The MAV has been updated to prevent players from exploiting it
-Improved repair rates for vehicles with different base healths
-Tweaked volume balance and other ambience parameters on the majority of base game and China Rising maps
-Improved the track vehicles wheel friction so vehicles don’t get stuck at relatively minor hills
-Fixed an issue with faulty zoom levels that occurred when using click to zoom in. While sprinting and zooming, will mess up the zoom levels, from hip to zoom.
-Improved boat physics and handling, including implementation of a system that lets players push stuck boats back in the water

Weapon tweaks
-THe SRS bolt action time has been tweaked and the rate of fire has been lowered
-The GOL bolt action time has been tweaked
-The muzzle velocity for the MP7 has been reduced
-The MTAR21 muzzle velocity has been reduced
-Updated the handling of the 1x scopes for Type95B1, A91, SteyrAug, SAR21, QBZ951, FAMAS, UTAS, MTAR, L85A2, and F2000
-Updated rate of fire for the RGP7 and NLAW

CAG names/PSN Gamertags:

:ps4: gamertag is in bold

kart007k/chemshock

aleraiders/aleraiders

GamerDude316/Garrus_Lannister

Chronosnes/PSN_Tokeio

suade907/suade

sirdudeoi/sirdudeoi

ace25one/coolmoondogg

Kinmar/kinmar_x

TheFurryPanda/thefurrypanda

kemical/kemical

Ultimate Matt X/TheUMX

certx55/tkmc

John/Shaolyen

CaseyRyback/Casey_Rybread

grrlscout/grrlscout420420

bobo2k4/bobo2k4

Tronny1/Gregatron1

bkerk87/bkerk

willywonka159/willywonka159

bfinup/blainex

CrimsonPaw/crimsonpaw

howsleyd/Xipher83

gameboyup84/thatswuzup84

Thomas96/Thomaticus

kilik64/kilik123

PieterMc/pietermc

Big St3ph3n/dwtc69

sickcallranger/sickcallranger

gnatmonkee/gnatmonkee

js1/Ghost_Face_36

kill3r7/Major--deCoverly

Jaskull/stillshadow

Doomtime/Doomtime1

nastyislegend/BEARxSHARK

bfinup/Blainex

pilon69/pilon1969

DixieWrecTNINJA/bosonsgivehadron

jgon85/JGON85

200STM/200STM

Bowlerguy92/BloatedBeef

thenexus6/the-nexus6

CrowBro/Rowdy_South

KillerSmokey24/VolsVegasKing

4thHorseman/IwillKILLurGOD

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually don't fill in the details on the error code but if it will help I will from now on.

The PS4 CE-34878-0 crash and how you can help

We know that players on PS4 can get the "CE-34878-0 crash" error message. This is in fact a general error code that you can receive when the game has crashed for a number of different reasons that are not related.

You can help us to identify these individual issues by providing a few details in the crash report (we read all of them.) For example what game mode you were playing and on what map you crashed. Doing this will help us a lot to reproduce the issues and investigate fixes for them in upcoming patches.

We are working hard to increase the stability of the game, and you can always find the latest information here in the BF4 Control Room. Many thanks for your support!

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064770241669513/

The only time I've experienced crashes recently, have been when leaving matches. Guess I've gotten lucky so far.

I must be lucky because  the only problems I get is when the game gets stuck on the loading screens. The only time I get crashes is during the single player.

New patch coming in! Dec 17 PS4 Game Update

Dec 17 PS4 Game Update Notes
-Reduced the probability of the “Kill trade” issue (see below for details).
-Fixed a common crash that could occur during round transition.
-Fixed a crash that could happen for players that had lots of friends.
-Fixed a problem where the “end of round” screen was adding up scores several times in the rank bar, resulting in the rank bar showing a higher value or rank than players really had.
-Fix for the game mode specific ribbons being counted twice in the multiplayer progression.
Fix for a graphical glitch that could appear on terrain.
-Fixed an engine audio dropout that could happen when driving IFV’s.
-Fix for a camera glitch that could occur when players were switching weapons while moving in crouched stance.
-Fixed an animation bug for passengers on the China Rising dirt bike to make sure that the character is pointing in the direction where the player is actually aiming.
-Fix for an issue where 4x the damage from a vehicle's minigun would be applied to the chest when a player had the Defense specialization equipped.
-Tweaked the War Tape audio setting to remove distortion.
-Fix for the SUAV (introduced in the China Rising expansion pack) not exploding when hitting enemy soldiers. While these indeed should be deadly, they were never designed for “roadkilling” opponents.
-Servers with users playing on them are now by default placed on the top in the Server Browser.
-Servers that friends are playing on have a higher priority in the server list.
-Server Browser is no longer showing empty or full servers by default.
-Servers that are completely empty will be shown only when the “Empty” option is checked in the Server Browser filter.
-Server Browser filter will count a server as full if all “Soldier” slots are occupied, unless the “Free Commander” slot is checked.
-Balancing jet handling across all stealth and attack jet classes.
-Fixed a bug in Defuse mode where defenders could win a round by killing all the attackers without disarming the bomb. If the attackers arm the bomb, the defenders need to disarm it to win, even if they have killed all the attackers.
-Fix for players getting stuck in the revive screen.
-Fix for players getting stuck in the kill camera after being revived. Note that you might see a graphical bug on-screen after being revived when accepting a revive within 1 second. This graphical bug will be removed in the next patch.
-Fix for a Defuse bug where none of the teams would win a round by letting the timer run out.
-Fixed the instance where players suddenly would transition into Spectator Mode while playing the Defuse game mode.
-Fix for the death camera/screen being displayed too early.
-Raised the first-person camera slightly for walking in crouch to more accurately reflect the actual position of the character.
-Lowered IED explosion sound to not bottom out the HDR.
-General stability improvements.

Kill trading issue
We’ve addressed the so-called “Kill trading”. This refers to when two players fire at each other and, seemingly, both die at the same time. The time window where a bullet could cause damage from an already dead player is now calculated as intended, decreasing the time frame when players with high latency could get a kill, even though they should be dead according to the server. This should reduce the probability of kill trading.

I know a lot of people have not been impressed with this game but I started it this weekend and holy shit do I love it. I think it trumps Ghosts 10 fold in graphics/MP and story.

well I made it through a match of operation locker and it didn't crash. shanghai is next if it doesn't crash then I think were in business.

I know a lot of people have not been impressed with this game but I started it this weekend and holy shit do I love it. I think it trumps Ghosts 10 fold in graphics/MP and story.
Yeah if you ever are in the mood to play some multiplayer let me know and Ill add you to the OP.

I want to buy this game so badly but I'm waiting for a $40ish dollar PS4 deal.  Hopefully all the bugs will be ironed out in a few weeks and there's a christmas or post christmas sale.

For me the game is actually worse. Crashed once and the revive glitch where the revive dialog box doesn't disappear is pissing me off.

Anyone with china rising want to boost jet kills for the ucav, i have two of us, just need two others for like 20 or so minutes, add me on ps4 at bosonsgivehadron

I am worried that it could be too late for the game to recover. this was supposed to be the big one that would have taken the top spot in the fps world.

I still enjoy the game and I have seen the improvement from day one. but it's still got a ways to go.

The good news is that I have picked up the game.

The bad news is I am not a very good fps player. That being said I have no issues being a team player or doing the objectives.

PSN: pilon1969

Have an important question regarding BF4. Hopefully this is an appropriate thread as it's the BF4 thread.

I originally purchased BF4 for the PS3. Soon after, I purchased a PS4. I did the game upgrade from PS3 to PS4 for 9.99. My PS3 copy came with the China Rising expansion pack which I didn't use yet. Am I able to use that expansion pack and have those maps available if I redeem now even though they came with the PS3 copy?

Curious on how this works?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Have an important question regarding BF4. Hopefully this is an appropriate thread as it's the BF4 thread.

I originally purchased BF4 for the PS3. Soon after, I purchased a PS4. I did the game upgrade from PS3 to PS4 for 9.99. My PS3 copy came with the China Rising expansion pack which I didn't use yet. Am I able to use that expansion pack and have those maps available if I redeem now even though they came with the PS3 copy?

Curious on how this works?

Thanks for the help in advance.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-16957-Battlefield-4-China-Rising--Free-Next-Gen-Upgrades-Seemingly-Blocked-by-EA.html

Unfortunately, EA is not allowing the expansion to be available to those who went the digital upgrade route. :wall:

For me the game is actually worse. Crashed once and the revive glitch where the revive dialog box doesn't disappear is pissing me off.
There was a server update today. It should take care of that revive issue.

R17 Server Update Notes
-Fix for two server crashes
-Fix for a graphical bug that could occur when players accepted a revive within 1 second
-Server performance optimizations

Also updated the OP with cag/psn names.

Hey guys

Did the server crash/error/kicking get fixed for good yet? I heard from my KZ friends online that it hasnt, (except those who are hardwired/ethernet).

Thanks

I've been doing well no kick outs for me but the match making is still rough I'm getting slaughter half the time by level 60+ players who have the best weapons upgrades you can get I'm still enjoying the game though I'm halfway at level 11

Although this game is semi-broken I might try get it for a reasonable price today
I would say at this point the game is pretty stable, now it's just tweaking and balancing.

added Bowlerguy92 to the OP

I got it, loving it so far! Add me to the OP list tag is: the-nexus6

Initially disliked the beta, quite a bit actually coming from someone who's put in over 130 hours into BF3 but I just right into it and had a great time!

Awesome Nexus. I accepted your friend request. I had an excellent few hours with some fellow GAFers last night and it was awesome. We need to get more people on here. 

Yeah the game is pretty stable now. Played hours last night without one crash. Was running with Doomtime and we were dominating most of the matches.

me and Bowlerguy92 were doing pretty well including that nice win on operation locker.

I would love to get a whole team of 32 at least for one match. that would be epic!

k i might get it tonight if i can get it PMed, since now i know they fixed the servers and made them stable . cuz im running 54g wifi and i heard that it drops you quickly without stronger signal and/or wired ethernet.

We should try and set up a squad for sometime tomorrow, might be difficult with time zone differences I can get on pretty much anytime

Ok I bought it for $35 and the ps4 servers seem to be pretty stable now. game is great, great work on makin it more like bfbc2 than 3 was. its a combo of both.

I'm going to add all of you cags from the list (PSN: l_200STM_l). I live in pacific time zone so I usually played around 9pm-12am mostly I have three days off to have some fun and play around earlier

I haven't had too many issues for lag except one match that 4-5 of us were in.

my advice is when looking for servers look for us only and checkmark that, that way you are playing on a European server or something.

BF4 is the (one of def) the greatest FPS I've ever played.

My problem is bad WHEN it happens:

My game will completely freeze and I have to close application and restart. The Ps4 and DS4 are fine and XBM works, but the actual game just freezes, upon loading, starting, matchmaking, menu changing invites, just randomly.

Then, other times, I can play 4 games of conquest in a row without an error.

But strangely, Cod ghosts which never froze before starting freezing a little.

So I deleted all game data and reinstalled it and updated, and it didnt do a thing.

So do I have a bad BF4 or PS4

bread's done
Back