8GB PS Vita Memory Card - $9.99/ 16GB Card $19.99 @ Amazon

I just bought the 8BG from Gamestop on BF. Now I'm going to order the 16GB. Hopefully the Vita TV won't come with a memory card...

That's a pretty good price for a 16, but I've already received enough through PS+ and other purchases from the VITA store to need three 32 gb cards to fit it all.  I'm still waiting for the 64gb cards to make it to NA and get cheap.  I remember the wait for cheap PSP memory was painful as well.  @#$%ing Sony. 

EDIT:  Hey...  where's the 'Shaq-fu'?  I'm not used to seeing my obscenity on CAG.  Sorry kids :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Save yourselves the aggravation and import a 64GB card from Japan like I did.

Even with that, I ran into the 100 icon limit, which completely sucks.  Sony's restrictions are illogical and asinine.

Save yourselves the aggravation and import a 64GB card from Japan like I did.

Even with that, I ran into the 100 icon limit, which completely sucks. Sony's restrictions are illogical and asinine.
They're just too expensive for me. I simply cannot justify spending about $115 on a memory card. I could get another black Vita on eBay for that price. I bought a white Vita bundle over the weekend and bit on the 16GB Amazon deal... I'll just learn to make due I suppose w/ the PS Plus stuff.

I have a distinct feeling that when the 64gb hits the US, probably Q1/14 or at E3, the price structure will be changed to:
4gb=no more
8gb=$10 or no more
16gb=$20
32gb=$50 or $60
64gb=$100 or $120, just because it's Sony

They would be wiser to price 32gb@$40 and 64gb@$80 to encourage far more profitable content sales... Though I have a feeling they still haven't learned this lesson and will continue to rape their consumer on accessories in leiu of actually selling games and DLC.

It would explain why GameStop and Amazon are clearing out current inventory of the smaller size cards at the lower prices...

I think that's wishful thinking. More likely, I think MSRPs will probably stay the same, with the MSRP on the 64 GB card probably being $100.

Personally, I'll wait until the 64GB card is on sale for $50-60.

Edit: In the meantime, I ordered 16 GB card. Hopefully it goes through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up.  Ordered one and will just wait for it to come in stock.  Hopefully the downloadable Killzone Mercenary will be cheaper by then.

wonder if bestbuy will pricematch even though it's backordered... i mean it still lets you order it afterall... wishful thinking

8GB for $9.99

16GB for $19.99

soooo where's 32GB for $39.99 ? :)
GameStop had the 32GB for that price a few weeks ago ;)

Debating on picking up a 16GB for that price though, although I probably should wait until the 32GB is on sale. And I should probably fill up the card I have now too...

Idk if I should buy this damn 16gb card. I have a 4 and an 8. I have no problem re-uploading games, because I typically like to play one - three games at a time, but this price is nice.

Considering I just spent a lot money, I shouldn't...but....

Blerg

bread's done
Back