Wii U Wind Waker HD Bundle In Stock at TigerDirect & Gamestop

Its still $20 off the Wii U, $50 if you have American Express card and select the deal for Tiger Direct on there.
Which American Express deal is there? This might make getting a Wii U actually worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered it. Instead of V.me I used the Amex offer on my account for $30 off in the statement. And that $20 mail in rebate...it's another company that handles it. And they'll sign you up for their "rebate" services for $1 first month (you'll need Visa or Master as they don't take Amex). And they'll mail you 2 certificates for $20 off. One of the certificates you can mail back for TigerDirect. I don't know about the other one. And you better cancel the membership within the first month if you don't wanna be charged. 

Just ordered it. Instead of V.me I used the Amex offer on my account for $30 off in the statement. And that $20 mail in rebate...it's another company that handles it. And they'll sign you up for their "rebate" services for $1 first month (you'll need Visa or Master as they don't take Amex). And they'll mail you 2 certificates for $20 off. One of the certificates you can mail back for TigerDirect. I don't know about the other one. And you better cancel the membership within the first month if you don't wanna be charged.
Horrible "deal".

Horrible "deal".
Not really. The limited edition bundle is going for $299 (more on Amazon and Fleabay). You're getting $20 (-$1 sign up fee) back mail in rebate. And then there's $30 statement credit for using Amex (or $20 for using V.me). So you end up getting the bundle for $299+9(shipping)-30-19 = $259. Not a bad deal; especially considering that I am planning on selling my old Wii U with this one. :D

Not really. The limited edition bundle is going for $299 (more on Amazon and Fleabay). You're getting $20 (-$1 sign up fee) back mail in rebate. And then there's $30 statement credit for using Amex (or $20 for using V.me). So you end up getting the bundle for $299+9(shipping)-30-19 = $259. Not a bad deal; especially considering that I am planning on selling my old Wii U with this one. :D
People seem to be getting magic price matches at ~$200.

There are tons of angry posts on the web about Tigerdirect's scammy "rebates", so don't bother even factoring that one in. Just Google it if you have any questions about that. After a bit of research, I've decided its best never to deal with Tigerdirect, at all.

So in essence you're getting a Zelda Wii U bundle for $280, ignoring the Tigerdirect rebate scam; again, not a good deal at all.

EDIT: here's a good link with info:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/computers/tiger_direct.htm

I hope people realize that this isn't limited at all, and is actually being sold alongside Mario & Skylanders as one of the bundles this holiday. It'll never be "rare."

I hope people realize that this isn't limited at all, and is actually being sold alongside Mario & Skylanders as one of the bundles this holiday. It'll never be "rare."
It's limited. Most stores have run out of them. The Wii U has sold around 4 million worldwide since last year, I can't imagine even 500,000 of the Zelda units were manufactured.

UPS dropped off the bundle today. I didn't get the chance to open it but the box itself looks fantastic. Much better than the plain ol' black box. 

no+deal.JPG

bread's done
Back