- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (1/5 to 1/11)

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

I'm thinking of picking up a used balance board as well and wanted to know how good or bad they can be.

If not, I could always get the bundle and sell off the meter and game (already got both) for $45 thus making the board $20

I'm very curious how you would plan on selling off the meter + game for $45 when the $20 meter gets you the game right now.  It's been my experience that while many people do prefer physical over digital, they are rarely willing to pay more than a few bucks for it.  If you know of some special trade-in deal or something I'd be very interested in partaking as well.

#62 UcanSUKtheFAC   Banned Banned   1304 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

UcanSUKtheFAC

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:06 PM

:wiiu: Save 20% on select Wii U controllers. Mario remote, nunchuck, and Wii U Pro Controller shown

Source: Blu-ray.com

which controllers?

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:19 PM

which controllers?

Nobody knows for certain yet, but if they are picturing Wiimotes + nunchuck I'd think it's a good bet that all controllers short of the mic or Balance Board would be covered.

If nothing else you should be able to squeeze a PM out of Wal-Mart or Target if they are picturing Wiimotes.

#64 Mikeyjl87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   500 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:05 PM

I'm very curious how you would plan on selling off the meter + game for $45 when the $20 meter gets you the game right now.  It's been my experience that while many people do prefer physical over digital, they are rarely willing to pay more than a few bucks for it.  If you know of some special trade-in deal or something I'd be very interested in partaking as well.

I already bought a meter back in November and have the game while borrowing a balance board from a friend. I'm really only looking to get a balance board of my own

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:48 PM

I already bought a meter back in November and have the game while borrowing a balance board from a friend. I'm really only looking to get a balance board of my own

Aw man, I was hoping there was some trade-in deal I didn't know about :(  Oh well, thanks anyways....

#66 Wazzup4567   Wazzup CAG? CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Wazzup4567

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

0MDqmoE.jpg

#67 Mikeyjl87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   500 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:26 PM

Is this going to be my best bet for a Wii U Pro controller? I've been looking for quite a while and havent seen any for less than $40.

I was able to snag a white one on clearance from BB a while back and still kick myself for not grabbing another >_< I tried Sam's Club after reading a thread that had people grab them for $15 but no luck :\

#68 HDShadow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   556 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

Quick question, I'm so confused on these Wii Meters. Are they out now? Amazon shows that they can ship now, Best Buy says they're available on the 10th but this is for the 5th.

#69 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5918 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:31 PM

Quick question, I'm so confused on these Wii Meters. Are they out now? Amazon shows that they can ship now, Best Buy says they're available on the 10th but this is for the 5th.

FIt Meter is out now as is the download version of the game.  The bundle of the meter/game and the meter/game/board is not out until the 10th or a week from this Friday.  

#70 HDShadow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   556 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:06 PM

FIt Meter is out now as is the download version of the game. The bundle of the meter/game and the meter/game/board is not out until the 10th or a week from this Friday.

How about the standalone $20 meters?

#71 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21876 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:37 PM

Question about the Wii Fit U meter - can you buy a used one and get Wii Fit U for free or can the meter only be synced once?

#72 DANIEL   DANNY FAKnTASTIC CAGiversary!   1231 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:43 PM

does anyone know if you can apply the gamers unlock 20% off discount to the wii fit U bundle?

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

Is this going to be my best bet for a Wii U Pro controller? I've been looking for quite a while and havent seen any for less than $40.

I was able to snag a white one on clearance from BB a while back and still kick myself for not grabbing another >_< I tried Sam's Club after reading a thread that had people grab them for $15 but no luck :\

The white ones were ridiculously low in price for a long time, whatever happened with that?  If you can't find that anymore then yes, this is your best bet.

does anyone know if you can apply the gamers unlock 20% off discount to the wii fit U bundle?

I am 99% sure the answer is no.  Hardware is usually excluded from @Gamers, the only exception I've seen has been Skylanders/Disney Infinity.  For the record, I had a friend who told me he tried to get WiiU Party or w/e it's called and was told his @Gamer discount didn't apply because it was considered a bundle, I guess due to the gamepad stand?  He had a similar story about Sing Party too awhile back.

$65 is still a half decent price though and I can understand why they wouldn't discount anything that comes with perephrials.  Next thing you'd know people would be bitching about not getting 20% off the GTAV PS3 bundle, or 20% off the NSMB WiiU bundle.

#74 DANIEL   DANNY FAKnTASTIC CAGiversary!   1231 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:00 PM

here are some ok reviews from meta critic

http://www.metacriti...wii-u/wii-fit-u

polygon says that the boards doesnt respond well and it gave it a 4.5

http://www.polygon.c...eview-glass-joe

#75 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5918 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

How about the standalone $20 meters?

Yes, the stand alone fit meter is out now.  

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:32 PM

"I was hoping for a one-sentence review along the lines of, “I stood on my Wii U GamePad thinking I was supposed to use it like Wii Fit’s balance board, and it broke.” 0 out of 10."

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Seriously though, that review is pretty damning.  My interest in Wii Fit U was due mainly to the fact that I can't afford a $30 monthly gym membership right now and hoped that this would be a half decent substitute for slimming down, if not building more muscle.  The last thing I need is more joint trouble, and if there's no significant health benefit then what's the point of this at all?

#77 HDShadow   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   556 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:04 PM

Ouch. That review is pretty harsh.

#78 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3554 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:35 AM

So.. if gcu applies, that's gonna be a sweet Wii fit deal. I may just get it. I need to stop sweating in the wintertime.. :o

#79 Jackovasaurus   And ya say Chi-City CAGiversary!   1409 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Jackovasaurus

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

"I was hoping for a one-sentence review along the lines of, “I stood on my Wii U GamePad thinking I was supposed to use it like Wii Fit’s balance board, and it broke.” 0 out of 10."
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously though, that review is pretty damning. My interest in Wii Fit U was due mainly to the fact that I can't afford a $30 monthly gym membership right now and hoped that this would be a half decent substitute for slimming down, if not building more muscle. The last thing I need is more joint trouble, and if there's no significant health benefit then what's the point of this at all?

I always thought Wii Fit was something to do in between workouts, not THE workout.

#80 yokofox33   House Stark CAGiversary!   1399 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:10 PM

I think I'll finally bite on a Wii U pro controller. At 40 bucks and with my 15 dollar card, 25 out of pocket ain't too shabby. Still upset I was never able to take advantage of the white clearance ones a while back though.

#81 o0achilles0o   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   654 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

o0achilles0o

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

Question about the Wii Fit U meter - can you buy a used one and get Wii Fit U for free or can the meter only be synced once?

I'd have to double check, but I'm pretty sure the meter has to be "un-synced" with the original game it was synced to before you can sync it with another. There was definitely something in the menus about that, but I don't have access to my Wii U at the moment to be certain. I think it's to prevent people from using your meter if you lose it.

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:48 PM

I always thought Wii Fit was something to do in between workouts, not THE workout.

Don't get me wrong; I don't expect to build significant muscle mass or become a triathelete, but aside from occasional walks and a bit of jogging I don't have a ton of time to excercise, so yeah, I expected Wii Fit would be a fun way to shave off a few pounds.  I mean when I started the first thing it did was take my statistics and asked me how many lbs I wanted to lose and set a time frame for my goals, that alone strongly suggests that you should be able to shave off weight with it.

I mean I know this all varies from person to person based on a million factors but it is disappointing to hear that the health benefits largely aren't all that significant, especially since it hasn't been much fun from a gaming perspective.  Having spent $35 on it after buying a used balance board + Wii Fit Meter I don't feel like I was burned, but I'd be pretty pissed if I'd spent $90 on it, or even $65.

#83 Wazzup4567   Wazzup CAG? CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Wazzup4567

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:52 PM

Heads up: if you can find any open box Wii U Pro controllers, those are also $40. 

#84 ghost1914  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:29 AM

here are some ok reviews from meta critic
http://www.metacriti...wii-u/wii-fit-u

I wouldn't trust polygon much. They like to be the "rebel" of game review sites and give good games bad reviews just to stand out i.e the last of us

#85 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11238 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:36 AM

I wouldn't trust polygon much. They like to be the "rebel" of game review sites and give good games bad reviews just to stand out i.e the last of us

Other reviews have given it a 90 to 70. Take out Polygon review and Wii Fit U is sitll at an 84 Metacrtic. Right now because of them the Metacritic is 72

#86 ghost1914  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:37 AM

Other reviews have given it a 90 to 70. Take out Polygon review and Wii Fit U is sitll at an 84 Metacrtic. Right now because of them the Metacritic is 72

Exactly. There reviews are usually filled with dribble or nonsense or very nit picky just so they can score a game bad.

#87 the Gooseler   Damon Baird CAGiversary!   793 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

the Gooseler

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:05 AM

Damn I'm a sucker for the scan into a game figures (curse you Skylanders). I would never buy extra characters or skins DLC, but this DLC is figures, and I must collect. Now from what Io told me, the single figures can't go on missions and can only be played in sandbox. Has Disney ever said if they would make worlds for the homeless figures? Either way def getting Jack, Vanellope and Woodrow.

#88 jholden3249   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   252 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

jholden3249

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:24 PM

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Seriously though, that review is pretty damning.  My interest in Wii Fit U was due mainly to the fact that I can't afford a $30 monthly gym membership right now and hoped that this would be a half decent substitute for slimming down, if not building more muscle.  The last thing I need is more joint trouble, and if there's no significant health benefit then what's the point of this at all?

The health benefit is whatever you put into it, you get out. Just like with any exercise routine. Studies have shown even 20-30 min per day of movement can GREATLY reduce risk of heart attacks, and improve overall heath. Stretching increases blood circulation and oxygen to the brain. No one can say there is no significant health benefit, anymore than they can say exercise provides no significant health benefit. 

This game just takes popular exercise routines and makes them enjoyable. Most people don't make time to exercise because it's boring and they have little willpower. Wii Fit U is designed to make it fun, and make it desirable. If Wii Fit U makes it fun enough or interesting enough that you actually follow through with normal exercises, than how is that not significant? Seems to me there are some reviewers that are determined to undermine the game. It's just common sense- exercise is good. Stretching is good. Yoga is good. Cardio is good. Wii Fit U just makes it enjoyable, if not entertaining, to do. Which will result is you having fun while excercising, and will be more likely to follow through doing the exercises every day.

#89 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

So you only need to borrow the meter, synch it to your system, then give it back and the software unlocks?

#90 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3554 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:15 AM

I hope I'm still funny when I'm no longer fat.