Minecraft: PS4 + PS3/Vita Edition - $19.99 PS3/Vita Cross Buy - $5 Upgrade to PS4 - Create, Mine, Survive! - PS4 Out 9/4! Vita Later!

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQAUt2KGf-Q

Web Store Link

Imagine it, and you can build it! The critically acclaimed Minecraft comes to PlayStation®3 system. Create your very own game world and explore, build and conquer. When night falls the monsters appear, so ensure you’ve made yourself a shelter before they arrive. Make it through the night and the world is only limited by your imagination you choose what you want to make or what to do. Play on your own, cooperatively with friends in 2 player and 4 player split screen modes, or online with up to 8 players.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I will buy this over the PC version because it is cheaper. any cags willing to start a minecraft group

PC is the way to go, but I grabbed a share of this for trophies and local splitscreen.  Still pretty fun, even without mods, texture packs and skins.

Can't believe they added invisible walls, though, instead of having the universe expand infinitely.. and with the worlds being so tiny, that becomes a really huge drawback, since several of the resources you want/need will almost certainly be nonexistent.  Must've been because of RAM constraints.

https://mojang.com/2014/01/minecraft-on-ps3-have-sold-over-1-million-copies/

Minecraft has sold over 1 million copies already in just about a month:

Hello all!
Hope you are enjoying the picking and placing of blocks! Just wanted to let you know that Minecraft on PS3 recently sold over 1 million copies (that has to be some kind of record on PSN, no?). It is crazy considering the game was released just before Christmas last year. We are super grateful for the support and we are very thankful for your dedication and I hope you will like the future updates we have planned for you (more on that in a later blog post).

https://mojang.com/2014/05/minecraft-on-xbox-one-ps4-and-ps-vita-soon/

Minecraft on Vita will be out in August and is $19.99 with Cross Buy support to get it free if you already purchased the PS3 version. It's basically the same as the PS3 version.

Minecraft on PS4 is also out in August for $19.99. Much bigger worlds in this version. It's not Cross Buy, but it will be $4.99 for those that own the PS3/Vita versions. Saves transfer from PS3/Vita to PS4, but not the other way around due to the increased size. No online play with PS3/Vita players.

Cross Buy with the PS3 retail version is TBD.

https://mojang.com/2014/05/minecraft-on-xbox-one-ps4-and-ps-vita-soon/

Minecraft on Vita will be out in August and is $19.99 with Cross Buy support to get it free if you already purchased the PS3 version. It's basically the same as the PS3 version.

Minecraft on PS4 is also out in August for $19.99. Much bigger worlds in this version. It's not Cross Buy, but it will be $4.99 for those that own the PS3/Vita versions. Saves transfer from PS3/Vita to PS4, but not the other way around due to the increased size. No online play with PS3/Vita players.

Cross Buy with the PS3 retail version is TBD.
Thanks for that information. I've been thinking about getting the PS3 retail version from BB (cheaper with GCU, $16), would love to get the Vita version included. But if it isn't included, I'll get the Vita version anyway, should be a great game for the handheld. Will upgrade to the PS4 version as well, looking forward to the larger worlds.

Man, I can't wait for this. I'm getting the PS4 version and will remote on my Vita.

4J Studios has been releasing little bits of info on the PS4 version of Minecraft:

• Though you can import worlds from PS3/Vita to PS4, the ability to resize them to fit the new world size limit may not be there at launch.
  • PS4 Minecraft worlds will be up to 36 times bigger than what PS3/Vita offers.

There's a new trailer showing off the Vita version of Minecraft:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EffOF73tp1Q

The PS4 version has been sent off to cert:

https://twitter.com/4JStudios/status/499268082297491457

The Vita version is still in bug fixing mode:

https://twitter.com/4JStudios/status/499270657499480064

Hmm... I have the disc version of Minecraft in my 360 backlog.  Also, I saw the PS3 disc version of Minecraft at my local Walmart. 

The PS3 digital version being cross buy and cross save, has me kind of wanting to buy the digital version over the physical version.

https://twitter.com/4JStudios/status/507032822499278848

The XB1 version is out on Friday, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's also out on PS4 this week.

The PS4 version will be out sometime tonight as they work out the $5 Upgrade kinks first:

https://twitter.com/Kappische/status/507194957354905600

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/09/03/minecraft-ps4-edition-coming-to-us-tomorrow/

Minecraft on PS4 will be out tomorrow. I figured the delay was that they'd do a proper launch with some forewarning.

For Existing PS3 Edition Owners (Disc or Digital)

On the PS4, simply log into PlayStation Store and find Minecraft PS4 Edition, and you’ll be able purchase the upgrade for $4.99.

Note: This entitlement applies to everyone who’s bought Minecraft PS3 Edition (Disc or Digitally) with a saved game and signed into their PS4 console using the same SEN account.

About to Purchase Minecraft PS3 Edition (Digital)

On the PS3, purchase Minecraft PS3 Edition for $19.99. Once you have made the purchase, you’ll be able to upgrade to the PS4 Edition for $4.99.

About to Purchase Minecraft PS3 Edition (Disc)

Those joining the Minecraft experience through disc purchase should find a voucher packed in with an entitlement code. If you have any questions, please reach out on @AskPlayStation on Twitter or our official Customer Support channel.

Will the PS3 Retail disc also give you the cross-buy with the Vita?

I haven't seen any official note on that anywhere, other than the PS3 & Vita are cross-buy, but they don't specify which PS3 version

Will the PS3 Retail disc also give you the cross-buy with the Vita?

I haven't seen any official note on that anywhere, other than the PS3 & Vita are cross-buy, but they don't specify which PS3 version
I'd imagine that we'll find out specifics on that when the Vita version is ready to launch.

Here's a comparison of Minecraft PS3 Edition to PS4 Edition:

[customspoiler='PS3']
gallery_1032_4755_768344.png
[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler='PS4']
gallery_1032_4755_585848.png
[/customspoiler]

The game runs a lot better on PS4 and having that better draw distance at least hides the limitations better than the last-gen versions. The 36 times bigger worlds is a nice boost to offer more freedom than before.

I wanna buy this in theory but I've owned it for years on PC and I just bought Diablo 3, Madden 15 and Destiny... I think I'll wait for a sale seeing how I won't have time to play it right now.

Was watching someone play it last night on PSN for a few minutes. Looks fun and far more streamlined that the PC version. This guy was playing for the first time...

Protip: Dig down to the bed rock. Move up two blocks and the dig out two wide, three high shafts. You'll find lots of diamonds using this method. To find coal for torches in your branch mine just search local surface caves and cut logs to complete the recipe.
Why do you want diamonds? For top quality tools, weapons and armour. With a diamond pickaxe you can cut obsidian(black lava rock) and with obsidian you can make a portal to the Nether.

Gear up before going to the Nether. :)

Protip 2: Monsters/Mobs do not spawn on HALF blocks. Very useful info right there.

I rented the PS3 disc from redbox months ago, and got the digital edition for free because of it. Seems if you own the disc (played the disc at least once) you will get it so you can upgrade for $5.

I rented the PS3 disc from redbox months ago, and got the digital edition for free because of it. Seems if you own the disc (played the disc at least once) you will get it so you can upgrade for $5.
cool, that means you should get the Vita version for free too as soon as it's out, good deal for a rental

Really wish I had rented a PS3 version now to get the upgrade discount.

That said, I have a lot of PSN credit from the Kongregate coupons, is this worth the full $20? Big upgrade from 360 version or no?

So if I rent Minecraft PS3 from redbox, play it, and bring it back the next day, I can get the upgrade for $5?
Well, I'm not sure if it only applies to the people that played it before announcing this deal. Someone else said that they owned the disc version but never played it, tried playing it after reading about this, and nothing showed up in their download list.

It was added to my account on August 3rd apparently, I didn't notice it there until the 6th. I rented the disc version maybe a month ago to get the platinum really quick and that was it.

Anyone have a world set up for me to get a few trophies quickly? I need both of The End trophies on PS3.

So can I trade in my PS3 copy then if the Vita version is going to be free and I already have the PS4 version?
You've played your copy before, right? If the digital version isn't already in your download list, I wouldn't. If it's there, then yeah you can trade the disc in.

anyone here has a receipt for Minecraft PS3?  I have the disc version but PS4 is still $19.99.  complained to Sony support already but they are requiring a copy of the receipt which I don't have because the game was just a gift to my son.

i also have a game share of Minecraft PS3 but also it did not work with the $5 PS4 upgrade.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/minecraft-playstationvita-edition/cid=UP4433-PCSE00491_00-MINECRAFTVIT0000

Minecraft is finally out for Vita. It's free for those that own the PS3 version and disc owners are also supposed to be able to get it for free, though I don't have the physical version to know for sure. It seems like the main concessions they've made to get it to run on Vita and PS TV is a lowered draw distance and the framerate isn't 100% smooth, but it still looks pretty sharp.

anyone here has a receipt for Minecraft PS3? I have the disc version but PS4 is still $19.99. complained to Sony support already but they are requiring a copy of the receipt which I don't have because the game was just a gift to my son.

i also have a game share of Minecraft PS3 but also it did not work with the $5 PS4 upgrade.
Same issue here and i don't have my receipt for it anymore, not sure what to do at this point

Check your inventory. Every game you start they give you a map. Google it, you'll see.

You can also craft them. I think you need sugar cane.

Equip the map like you would a sword or a pickaxe and then press and hold the button you would normally use to attack(or block, can't remember which) and you will view the map in your hands.

Weird because it started two different games and always had a map in my inventory. I can't help you I guess, must be some sort of glitche or something, hard to say really...

Your best bet is to make one. Look through the recipes and you'll see what you need.

bread's done
Back