* * * * - 12 votes

The CAG Backlog Support Group.

Backlog

#1441 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:11 PM

Still engrossed in FF12 remake. Team is at about lvl 50. Great game. 

Horizon, new Hitman and two different 3DS Mario games still in the wrapper. Well, Hitman isn't, but I just put it in and installed it. 

#1442 DSBrad  

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:59 AM

Finished Rime. It's one of those games that I'm sure a lot of people would like but I didn't care much for it. Really makes me happy games like Journey, Unfinished Swan, etc are in the 3 hour range. This was around 7 and I really felt like it didn't go anywhere. Again. I think this game could be great to some people but for some reason it really just didn't click with me. 

#1443 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2973 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:39 PM

I haven't been able to play anything since I got deep into Injustice 2 and now the Overwatch event is on. The event seems kind of stale though, doesn't seem like there's much outside of the usual modes, and the rewards are pretty weak. Recently got the plat for Dengeki Bunko and will work on the IA/VT one now for my 25th platinum.

Batman Season 2 Episode 1 was short 2 hours long did not time myself. Played Lucio Ball I placed Platinum in my placement matches. I will be playing Overwatch somemore till August 15 and August 22nd.

What platform do you play Overwatch on?

#1444 DSBrad  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:13 AM

After playing Danganronpa and Ultra Despair Girls earlier this year decided to jump into Danganronpa 2 finally. Was really just waiting for the right time so I didn't over due to much of the same series at the same time. Which as I'm playing this I don't think would have happened, these games are that good. Just finished up the first class trial and I'm immediately reminded how much I love this series. Although that first trial felt a little long and overly complicated for a simple (at least in Danganronpa terms) murder. The instant pay off of the bigger story moving forward has me hooked right away. 

#1445 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12807 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:49 PM

Got Miitopia or whatever it is called from someone hated it and will trade it in later.

I was going to get this for my daughter. After watching some videos she seems very interested in it and I think it's a game she can play. It's seems like an easy but fun entry level RPG. We played Mario RPG and got to Monstro Town, so she gets the basic concept of a turn based RPG. Anyone else think this would be a good pick for a 7 year old?

I know this isn't the trade forum but if it's still available would you work out a trade? My TL hasn't been updated for a while but I have several games I'm wanting to unload. PM me if you can. Thanks.

#1446 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2973 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:29 AM

Overwatch was getting boring, so I recently started playing music from my USB (ps4 media player) while I play. And it seems like a much better experience! Way more fun now!

#1447 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4054 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:39 PM

Picked up Yakuza 0 awhile ago during a B2G1 at GameStop. Great game, but way longer than I expected. I really don't like starting games and not finishing them, but I picked up Agents of Mayhem and want to play that ASAP. 

#1448 grrouchie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   957 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:18 PM

Picked up Graceful Explosion Machine on switch and beat the first two planets. 3rd is kicking my ass so I'm increasing my scores on the first two trying to get better.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

#1449 DSBrad  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:37 PM

Made the mistake of going into a used game store the other day. Only came out with a couple games, Heavenly Sword and Crimson Skies. Owned Crimson Skies at some point no clue where my copy went and was curious about Heavenly Sword since I really like Ninja Theory and missed it. 

Anyway theres two more for the old backlog. Hoping to try and get through Heavenly Sword before Uncharted comes out on Tuesday since I've heard it's short. Will see how that goes....

#1450 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   3012 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:08 PM

Made the mistake of going into a used game store the other day. Only came out with a couple games, Heavenly Sword and Crimson Skies. Owned Crimson Skies at some point no clue where my copy went and was curious about Heavenly Sword since I really like Ninja Theory and missed it. 

Anyway theres two more for the old backlog. Hoping to try and get through Heavenly Sword before Uncharted comes out on Tuesday since I've heard it's short. Will see how that goes....

I loved the original Crimson Skies on PC. The Xbox sequel was alright. I'd like a new one. I love these arcade-style shooters like that, but most of the similar games coming out within the last couple gens have either been too much sim and too little arcade-action, or have just been crap.

Now that I've finished FF Type-0, I've jumped back into SMT Digital Devil Saga 1 and FF XII: Zodiac Age. These both will probably keep me busy for awhile.

#1451 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12557 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:59 PM

I haven't checked in for a while. I heard about TWAU 2 coming out, so I figured I would playthrough it again and finish the platinum.

#1452 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2973 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:52 PM

So in addition to playing through some games for the niche thread, I also recently started resident evil 7. I tried to play it in vr after not having used my headset in a few months, but I was sick in under 10 minutes before anything even really happened. Im about 3 hours in, playing without the headset now and am liking the game so far.

I just recently got Resident Evil 7. So do you have to play the previous games first, to understand this one? I know that for 1-6 there was a cohesive story, but since RE7 changed everything and is now 1st person, I'm not sure if the story has changed too. I know generally who the main characters are, and watched the movies, is that enough?

Also, how's the scare factor? Is it too scary for scaredy-cats like me?

#1453 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:18 PM

I just recently got Resident Evil 7. So do you have to play the previous games first, to understand this one? I know that for 1-6 there was a cohesive story, but since RE7 changed everything and is now 1st person, I'm not sure if the story has changed too. I know generally who the main characters are, and watched the movies, is that enough?

Also, how's the scare factor? Is it too scary for scaredy-cats like me?

I've never played another resident evil game and the story was perfectly follow able. I also am typically a bitch when it comes to scary games, but although I was generally creeped out throughout the game, there wasn't really anything that made me nope out and quit the game... Except for vr sickness... Ugh...

#1454 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:43 PM

Still playing FF12. 

I got full Genji Gear. 

Will abandon this game when Metroid comes out. 

THAT IS ALL. 

#1455 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:26 PM

Oooohhhh man. Well, looks like XCOM 2 is coming out with a new game Sept. 12. Reviews are good. XCOM 2 was my 2015 GOTY. 

I'll be getting this too. Sadly DD only. 

http://www.ign.com/a...e-chosen-review

#1456 soonerfreak  

soonerfreak

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:08 PM

Just started on Xcom 2, I feel like not losing a solider every mission is gonna be tough. Recovery also seems to take a bit longer. Will be interesting balancing all this. For a large chunk of Xcom I played with the same core squad and I think that will be a lot harder this game.

#1457 Krymner   Yup, I think you're sexy CAGiversary!   3012 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:12 AM

Loved XCOM 2. From the early reviews of the new expansion, it seems like its going to be pretty beefy. I always ran with a large squad with a handful of core leaders, so these new change-ups seem right up my alley.

Getting near to that time of the year when a lot of AAA releases start dropping fast, so I'm guessing alot of people's backlogs will be growing soon.

#1458 soonerfreak  

soonerfreak

Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:28 AM

Yeah I'm picking up Mario x Rabbids next week and may get Samus Returns next month, it will get even worst as the fall goes on.

#1459 TacticalDev91  

TacticalDev91

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:37 AM

I finally got around to playing Dishonored. I really enjoyed the mechanics and despite being very linear you had a lot of freedom on how to complete a mission. Unfortunately I almost always made a mistake and would lose stealth 90% through a mission. 

Fans of the series should I spend time on the dlc or jump to the 2nd one?

#1460 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:27 PM

I finally got around to playing Dishonored. I really enjoyed the mechanics and despite being very linear you had a lot of freedom on how to complete a mission. Unfortunately I almost always made a mistake and would lose stealth 90% through a mission.

I enjoyed the dlc about as much as I enjoyed the main games. It all depends on how fast you want to get through the series.

#1461 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:57 PM

I felt the first one was an excellent game and overall, I enjoyed it a lot. Spend your time with it if that's what you feel like doing. D2 in its own right is an excellent game, too. 

Meanwhile ... update from me. Finally opened my Horizon Dawn and started a file. I wasn't feeling it at first, but after about six hours, the game became really fun. I'm enjoying it and pleasantly surprised by how fun it is, given that I felt games like Far Cry have gone stale. 

#1462 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2973 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:12 PM

Meanwhile ... update from me. Finally opened my Horizon Dawn and started a file. I wasn't feeling it at first, but after about six hours, the game became really fun. I'm enjoying it and pleasantly surprised by how fun it is, given that I felt games like Far Cry have gone stale. 

Nice! It's one of those games that only gets better the further you progress and the more things you unlock.

#1463 DSBrad  

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:47 PM

With the exception of Zelda it's easily my favorite game this year. It does have a slow build though, everytime I played it I liked it more and more. 

#1464 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4054 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:57 PM

Finished Yakuza 0, Agents of Mayhem, Injustice 2's story mode and Tekken 7's story mode. I may go for the plat if I can finish it today.

#1465 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:52 PM

Finished Yakuza 0, Agents of Mayhem, Injustice 2's story mode and Tekken 7's story mode. I may go for the plat if I can finish it today.

What did you think of Yak 0? 

#1466 DSBrad  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:25 AM

Been going back and forth over these two so Injustice or Tekken? 

#1467 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2085 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:30 AM

I've got all these games in my backlog but here I am beating Parasite Eve 2 for like the 10th time. Amazing game

#1468 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12807 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:52 AM

Finally beat Persona 5. 148 hours." Whew" what a ride.

#1469 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2973 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:50 AM

Been going back and forth over these two so Injustice or Tekken? 

I've played a lot of both, and my thoughts are: 

If you are really into the competitive side of fighting games, and are pretty familiar with the genre, you would probably prefer Tekken. It's a lot more technical, and there's a ton to learn and explore. The downside is that the single player modes are pretty barren, and the story isn't very good.

If you want to play a fighting game mainly by yourself, and are into the story/lore of the DC comics, then Injustice is for you. It's got a fantastic plethora of single player modes, and an amazing story mode. There's a lot more things in the game to sink your time into than Tekken. There isn't really much of a downside to INJ 2, but it's gameplay is quite a bit more simple compared to Tekken, and some of the characters seem pretty basic.

My verdict is that Injustice 2 is the better video game, and one that you'll probably enjoy more. I'm still playing it now. I'll give it to Tekken that it's gameplay is more refined and balanced, but Injustice 2 is definitely way more fun.

#1470 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:08 AM

Finally got the platinum trophy for rainbow six siege. I was almost done with the kill 2500 terrorists trophy before an update randomly wiped my situation and kill progress. I didn't care about the situations as I already had unlocked the trophies for that, but I was at around 2200 terrorist kills when that happened. The Terro hunter trophy which was the last one I needed just popped for me at around 4750 terrorist kills. Needless to say I am never touching terrorist hunt ever again.