Monster Hunter Ultimate (3DS) is $19.99 at Amazon [OOS]

Thanks OP, I missed it when it was on sale in the eShop for this price like two months ago so I am definitely gonna pick one up this time around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a game best played with another 3DS owner?
It is. Playing it with other people make the game. Playing by yourself is good but definitely not the reason to get the game. Also best to play on a 3DS XL but that's just my opinion. The camera angles work best on a larger screen.

It is. Playing it with other people make the game. Playing by yourself is good but definitely not the reason to get the game. Also best to play on a 3DS XL but that's just my opinion. The camera angles work best on a larger screen.
Yeah, I got a M&L 3DS XL and a Zelda 3DS XL the past few weeks for $150 each, and just trying to build my library, but nobody else I know has a 3DS.

In the time it took me to drive to bb it sold out.  Can't pm if i can't prove the price :(

I've always wondered if we can still apply the 20% off for being a GCU member to a PM, or if that would be considered double dipping.
Nope. The discount automatically adjusts first then they pm to the lower price. So if it's 39.99 it'll auto ring down to the 31.98 (give or take) and they price match from there.

$19 was the magic price for me to pick this up for the 3DS, and it slipped by.  I had camelcamelcamel monitoring this game, and it didn't alert me when it reached the price I set.  :(

Maybe you should update that GS has it for the same price, GS took my money again.
Thanks for the heads up. Had $20 in credit so for GS so I'll finally give the Monster Hunter series a whirl. Reserved my copy and everything.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.  With this verison if there isn't any WiFi co-op on this as a standalone 3DS, you either had to had co-op locally or WiFi via through the WiiU or something?  If so that really sucks since if it's anything like Tri on the Wii the later half the damn game is co-op only.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here. With this verison if there isn't any WiFi co-op on this as a standalone 3DS, you either had to had co-op locally or WiFi via through the WiiU or something? If so that really sucks since if it's anything like Tri on the Wii the later half the damn game is co-op only.
You can play local co-op connecting to other 3DS systems and/or a WiiU. To play online with the 3DS version you have to connect through the WiiU version.

You can play local co-op connecting to other 3DS systems and/or a WiiU. To play online with the 3DS version you have to connect through the WiiU version.
You can level up your character using either or right or am I just remembering wrong? I remember it being able to take it on the go and continuing your missions, this was one of the big reasons why I bought this one too.

You can level up your character using either or right or am I just remembering wrong? I remember it being able to take it on the go and continuing your missions, this was one of the big reasons why I bought this one too.
Yeah, there's a transfer thing that lets you send your character back and forth.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here. With this verison if there isn't any WiFi co-op on this as a standalone 3DS, you either had to had co-op locally or WiFi via through the WiiU or something? If so that really sucks since if it's anything like Tri on the Wii the later half the damn game is co-op only.
All content is available to be played offline, and everything can be solo'd.

Didn't even know Monster Hunter Ultimate was on sale at Gamestop. Thanks for the heads up OP. My friends had been pestering me to play with them, guess it's about time I dive in. :lol:

Didn't even know Monster Hunter Ultimate was on sale at Gamestop. Thanks for the heads up OP. My friends had been pestering me to play with them, guess it's about time I dive in. :lol:
The Wii U version is on sale too for the same price, somebody posted it last week, seems like it's still that price.

hmm what happens if you cancel an order from amazon using gift card? i would like to get tihs from BB and use my $10 GC... will amazon deposit the credit used on my order within a day?

I didn't know either! Going to the store after work.

Just picked up my copy at gamestop is everyones copy shrinkwrapped differently then other 3ds games? It looks like it was resealed...
Been reading some are re-shrinked over on SD, whatever that means and not sure why they would do that. Tempted to try out MH for the first time on the Wii U. Same price as 3ds but I think I would enjoy MP. Is it easy to jump in and out of a group?

Got a PM at BB since I had credit there.  Never played MH before but it looks sweet.

All copies were shrinkwrapped, so it's a distribution choice.

Thanks OP! The one night I do not check CAG and Monster Hunter Ultimate has a steal deal :(   I'm thinking about buying used from Gamestop...How is buying used from Gamestop anyway? Is it a gamble getting original case, manual, inserts?

Thanks OP! The one night I do not check CAG and Monster Hunter Ultimate has a steal deal :( I'm thinking about buying used from Gamestop...How is buying used from Gamestop anyway? Is it a gamble getting original case, manual, inserts?
From the website? Be happy if you get an original case, its less than a 50% chance for most games.

I tried the demo. I don't get this game!?!?! In stock at my local gamestop.
You go out, and you hunt monsters, and from the parts of the monsters you kill or capture, you use to make better weapons/armour. You also can catch bugs and mine ore to get materials that are also used in the crafting of weapons/armour. With the better weapons/Armour you are able to kill even stronger and bigger monsters. Etc and etc. The 3DS game is meant mostly for people with the Wii U game, as it allows you to take your character on the go and progress still. But you won't be able to go online without either local co-op, or connecting through your Wii U version. This game took me away from my 360 for well over a straight month, OMG it is good.

Gone again from amazon, curses, but its still in stock at gamestop.com if you haven't bothered to make the trek to a store and don't mind slow shipping.

You go out, and you hunt monsters, and from the parts of the monsters you kill or capture, you use to make better weapons/armour. You also can catch bugs and mine ore to get materials that are also used in the crafting of weapons/armour. With the better weapons/Armour you are able to kill even stronger and bigger monsters. Etc and etc. The 3DS game is meant mostly for people with the Wii U game, as it allows you to take your character on the go and progress still. But you won't be able to go online without either local co-op, or connecting through your Wii U version. This game took me away from my 360 for well over a straight month, OMG it is good.
I picked this up the other night at GS. If I am not at all planning on buying a Wii U, is it still worth playing the 3DS version? I've heard people saying both yes and no, but can't find a solid reason either direction...

I picked this up the other night at GS. If I am not at all planning on buying a Wii U, is it still worth playing the 3DS version? I've heard people saying both yes and no, but can't find a solid reason either direction...
The game itself is a great game yes, but what REALLY makes it stand out is the version on the Wii U, it is just fantastic. The best part about MMOs and such is when you group with some people or friends and go out to hunt something tough that you can't on your own. MH3U does that hands down. The game is one of the reasons to buy a Wii U, there have been so many sales and bundles at this point if you don't have a Wii U you really should.
That said, for $20 it is easily WORTH owning and playing, but it is BEST as an EXTENSION of the Wii U game, being able to take your character on the go and still play the same game while away from your Wii U. Also I assume it probably is pretty cool in 3D.

It is the same game so yes it is worth owning, but you miss out on the online portion which is just OH SO GOOD! (for many people it was the reason they invested in a Wii U in the first place).

You go out, and you hunt monsters, and from the parts of the monsters you kill or capture, you use to make better weapons/armour. You also can catch bugs and mine ore to get materials that are also used in the crafting of weapons/armour. With the better weapons/Armour you are able to kill even stronger and bigger monsters. Etc and etc.
I'll be honest, I was having a bit of buyers remorse since I have such a large backlog and can't play anything right now cause of Medical school. I haven't even opened my PS4 or XB1 :/. But your description of the game convinced me and I totally don't feel guilty anymore for buying it <3.

P.S. I think I may be addicted to low video game prices, cause I keep buying games when I know that I won't have time to play them. Must resist the urge......

P.S. I think I may be addicted to low video game prices, cause I keep buying games when I know that I won't have time to play them. Must resist the urge......
Let me cry you a river while I stare at my literal boxes filled with games that I probably won't have time to play, that I bought just because they were cheap. I mean I totally am going to play them! One day... maybe... possibly?

fuck this site and what it has done to me! I USED TO BE CONTENT! I was happy in my ignorance, I would drop $60 on a new game maybe every couple months, play it, and enjoy it! Now if I see a deal on a game that I MAYBE KINDA SORTA PROBABLY want... I have to buy it x.x. LORD KNOWS if I ever actually am ever going to OPEN it, let alone PLAY it... but I still gotta have it.

If I listed off the games still in my backlog at least a few people on here would slap me and yell at me to play them x.x.

I actually have tossed around the thought of creating a topic in the game discussion thread where you post your backlog (or at least a "Top X" of it), choose the game the person above you has to play, and then the person below you does the same for you. Then when you are done you do it again, with the game finished or abandoned out of dislike removed from the list.
Also to be clear it wouldn't be just a picture of the backlogs, it would be like a numbered list.

Ex:

"I pick #5

1. xxxx

2. xxxx

3. xxxx

4. xxxx"

bread's done
Back