Metal Gear Rising Revengeance PCDD pre-order up for $19.99 at Amazon [$15.99 at GameFly]

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Edit:

Gamefly actually has it cheaper. $15.99 after code GFDDEC20 

http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/download-metal-gear-rising-revengeance/5007269

---

This should be available on Steam for $19.99 as well at 10 AM PT and is reported to be available at this price for 48 hours. After that, it will be $29.99.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HERCRAI

This new PC version includes all three DLC missions: Blade Wolf, Jetstream, and VR Missions, in addition to all customized body upgrades for Raiden, including: White Armor, Inferno Armor, Commando Armor, Raiden's MGS4 body, and the ever-popular Cyborg Ninja.

"CUTSCENES" added to the Main Menu. Play any and all cutscenes.

"CODECS" added to the Main Menu. Play all and any codec conversation scenes.

Added to the CHAPTER Menu the Boss Stage, enabling to play only the Boss battles.

"GRAPHIC OPTIONS" added to the OPTIONS Menu. Modify resolution, anti-aliasing, etc.
There is an option reading "ZANGEKI" that will modify the amount of cuts you can make.

Minimum: 
Processor: Intel Core i5 2400 
Memory: 2 GB RAM 
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTS 450 
DirectX: Version 9.0c 
Hard Drive: 25 GB available space 
Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card

Recommended: 
Processor: Intel Core i7 3770 
Memory: 4 GB RAM 
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 650 
DirectX: Version 9.0c 
Hard Drive: 25 GB available space 
Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card

Last edited by a moderator:
I won a copy of this game a while back. I have yet to open it for the PS3. While it would be nice to play it on my gaming PC, I can't justify buying the game again. Thanks for the post though. I almost completed the X360 copy before I received the game, and it was a ton of fun.

Nice to see that they are realistic about the price point for this game. Some companies would just make it $49.99 because it is on PC and people have been waiting for this. Even $29.99 after 48 hours isn't terrible, because we all know in 2-3 months it will probably hit $19.99 or even $14.99. As far as the game goes, I can see why the most hardcore Metal Gear fans were upset by it, but I really enjoy when companies branch out of their norms and experiment with their franchises. Plus it is Platinum Games (Vanquish, Bayonetta, Anarchy Reigns, Mad World)  making a Metal Gear game...I am all for that risk.  

Nice to see that they are realistic about the price point for this game. Some companies would just make it $49.99 because it is on PC and people have been waiting for this. Even $29.99 after 48 hours isn't terrible, because we all know in 2-3 months it will probably hit $19.99 or even $14.99. As far as the game goes, I can see why the most hardcore Metal Gear fans were upset by it, but I really enjoy when companies branch out of their norms and experiment with their franchises. Plus it is Platinum Games (Vanquish, Bayonetta, Anarchy Reigns, Mad World) making a Metal Gear game...I am all for that risk.
I love Platinum games. Bayonetta is still one of my favorite games from last gen. This might give us hope that other Metal Gear games might make it's way to the PC. Am I crazy for thinking that!? Maybe, lol.

Damn this is a tempting deal.  I've been waiting for the PC version since they announced it.  Didn't expect it to get released at this price.

I love Platinum games. Bayonetta is still one of my favorite games from last gen. This might give us hope that other Metal Gear games might make it's way to the PC. Am I crazy for thinking that!? Maybe, lol.
Crazy, no. Optimistic, yes. It would be nice to see more Japanese video game companies getting into PC games, but they usually stick to consoles. It is possible that Japanese companies who are developing more and more F2P games, will bring their older games to PC, because they have established a platform.

They ported Lords of Shadow, Pro Evolution Soccer and Rising within 6 months of each other, and Lords of Shadow 2 is getting a day 1 PC release. This is after years of relative neglect of the platform. I think it's safe to say their view of the platform has evolved, so there's a chance.

They ported Lords of Shadow, Pro Evolution Soccer and Rising within 6 months of each other, and Lords of Shadow 2 is getting a day 1 PC release. This is after years of relative neglect of the platform. I think it's safe to say their view of the platform has evolved, so there's a chance.
Seriously.. is anyone else super excited about LoS2? I can't wait! The ending of Lord of Shadow was one of my favorite endings this gen and I can't wait to see how LoS2 continues it. Little bit of a side note... This is when I expect to start seeing more and more rare copies of games coming. I can't imagine them printing a lot of Castlevania LoS2 or Tales of Symphonia Chronicles for that matter.

I'm in. I already beat it twice on PS3, but I can go again on the PC, if the port is good. Any chance this port will be as good as the Castlevania port?

Who did this port?

I'll probably bite at $9.99....I don't consider myself a graphics-or-bust gamer but the level of jaggies when I tried the PS3 demo literally crit my eyeballs. I just couldn't get passed them no matter how much i liked slicing and dicing. I hadn't seen it that bad since GTAIV.

This is an easy double dip.  I bought the LE for Ps3 on an Amazon deal, but shortly after the PC version was quietly announced.  That was  a good reason to wait to play the game even though I've never taken longer than a week to clear and unlock everything in a Metal Gear game.

I've been an MGS fan since the PS1 era and have every North American release of the games (even multiplatform, HD versions, collections, etc) so obviously I would double/triple dip this.  Nor does this game make me mad that it exists, since it is not as if it stopped the development of Peace Walker or Phantom Pain.  Not to mention, the spin offs in the series have always been good (AC!D, MGS for Gameboy, etc).

I'll probably bite at $9.99....I don't consider myself a graphics-or-bust gamer but the level of jaggies when I tried the PS3 demo literally crit my eyeballs. I just couldn't get passed them no matter how much i liked slicing and dicing. I hadn't seen it that bad since GTAIV.
Well, they want to keep 60fps so something has to give. Besides, most games on PS3 has AA disabled so if you play PS3 games, you should be used to it.

Damn this is a tempting deal. I've been waiting for the PC version since they announced it. Didn't expect it to get released at this price.
Yea, I thought they were just blowing smoke when they announced it half year ago and has been all quiet since. This is the first fast paced and decent hack n slash game for the PC. PC gamers should appreciate its existance.

Platinum is frightfully weak when they don't have Kamiya involved. I don't see why people assume Platinum always = superb quality.

MGR is not superb. It's a fun filler game but it is nothing special beyond the brilliant absurdity of the final battle

I'm looking at pre-ordering through Gamefly, but I'm a little concerned because of all the new flags on it. If anyone could shed some light on this stuff, I'd appreciate it.

1) When pre-ordering through Gamefly, do you receive a key that you can redeem now, or do you receive your key on release?

2) I'm currently in the US, but relocating back to Korea before the game's release. Regardless, of the the answer to question 1, will this cause any trouble for me (either with redeeming the key, or playing the game after redemption)?

New region flags always worry me. :p Thanks in advance.

2) I'm currently in the US, but relocating back to Korea before the game's release. Regardless, of the the answer to question 1, will this cause any trouble for me (either with redeeming the key, or playing the game after redemption)?
This is probably what you want to know
http://steamcommunity.com/app/235460/discussions/0/630800443177870089/#c630800443237278904
It basically says you'd be able to only play it in the region you activated it in (I think MGR is mostly affected in South America, but I really didn't look around).
"If you move, you will have to contact support and ask then to change your copy."

The key is probably around or at release since in the purchase history it doesn't display a key yet (where it should be listed).

This is probably what you want to know
http://steamcommunity.com/app/235460/discussions/0/630800443177870089/#c630800443237278904
It basically says you'd be able to only play it in the region you activated it in (I think MGR is mostly affected in South America, but I really didn't look around).
"If you move, you will have to contact support and ask then to change your copy."

The key is probably around or at release since in the purchase history it doesn't display a key yet (where it should be listed).
Thanks Merc!

Quick noob question. Is the ps360 version of the game 60fps? Or usual 30fps as most other games
its above 30fps and shoots for 60, but it can dip. It mostly plays smoothly.

here is a steam thread with a few more details on the port:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/235460/discussions/0/630800443282074298/

I just bought this on PS3 and plan to rebuy it. If you like action games, this is easily worth the $16. The parry system takes getting used to and the game is short (my first playthrough was just over 5 hours), but its a hell of a lot of fun when you get good with the battle system. I'm hoping this is a success and we see more games like this ported to PC, not to mention a pc port for MGS5 is apparently in consideration, so if this does well I'm sure Konami will take notice.

bread's done
Back