Half-Life 2 or Halo 2??!?

batman2million

CAGiversary!
Prolli Someone has posted this before me..forgive me if they did. But I went to Gamestop at the mall and they told me that both the games are coming the same month. Hoping to have enough money to get them both...but i'm not counting on it. So if you guys would help me out..it would b great..thnx

[quote name='Ledhed']It was released, amazingly enough, in August 2003.

Can you hear me, Valve and Bungie, you liars![/quote]

well u can't completely blame valve, they did have that whole hacker problem on their hands. still both companies have been taking their time.

halo sucked so bad, i dont think ill ever get 2. half life, on the other hand is my favorite game ever, so im preordering 2. i just read pc gamers playtest of it, and i nearly pissed myself with joy.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']halo sucked so bad, i dont think ill ever get 2. half life, on the other hand is my favorite game ever, so im preordering 2. i just read pc gamers playtest of it, and i nearly pissed myself with joy.[/quote]
Sneaky, you my friend need to play some true Halo LAN. This is where the value of Halo lies dormant. And shame on you for angering the Halo gods.

ive played online with 8 people, still dont like it. played with 4 people on console, still dont like it, played alone, despised it. really a subpar game. and yet HL, a nearly 6 year old game, still amuses me (i just started it again)

I'll go with Halo 2 as long as they don't push it back far enough to be a launch title for the next Xbox. That would suck.

Tim

[quote name='daroga']I'll go with Halo 2 as long as they don't push it back far enough to be a launch title for the next Xbox. That would suck.

Tim[/quote]

Don't give M$ any ideas (although I'm sure they've already considered it). That would suck to the nth degree.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']ive played online with 8 people, still dont like it. played with 4 people on console, still dont like it, played alone, despised it. really a subpar game. and yet HL, a nearly 6 year old game, still amuses me (i just started it again)[/quote]
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and I respect yours Sneaky. But Haloooooo.... so nice.

Once HL2 comes out on PC those with a console wont have a clue as to the awesome power of HL2...also DOOM III will be out soon enough.

I cant wait to play HL2 and any mods created for online play. Halo and Halo 2 are just ok FPS games that arent that impressive in comparison to most online PC games like BF1942, COD, and even CS (CZ).

Those who got addicted to Halo on xbox have only gotten a taste of what a good FPS is really about. I been playing PC FPS's for years...since Wolfenstein 3d and played just about every power game since (that includes anything from id).

Beef up your PCs and get ready for a FPS revolution to begin. Halo 2 will just be ok for those without PCs but everyone here has a PC.

I'm one of the few that thought Half-Life blew. I've tried to play it three or four times...it's boring.

Halo is pretty good, though it gets repetitive towards the middle of the game (cartography place). I really enjoyed the co-op mode.

I'm with Sneaky on this one. Half Life is like the only PC game that ever held my interest and I've been dying for Half Life 2 since I finished up Blue Shift a few years back. Halo on the other hand....meh. I'm sure I'll end up getting Halo 2, but the first one is kinda blah IMO. I did play through the entire one-player game, played tons of 4-player, and quite a few bouts of 16-player LAN games, but its just not "THE GREATEST GAME EVER" like a lot of people insist it is. Sorry. Its NOT.

thats the thing bout half life 2.. all those mods coming out n stuff...there nothing like that for halo 2..better replay value..well..gameplay wise..which would b better...?????? sorry..im really confused bout this

I never really like Battlefield. Load times were forever (understandable), but every time I tried to play a decent sized game I always lagged horribly (and it was not my connection).

For me where it was at FPS wise was Rainbow Six 3 on the PC. Pistols only is incredibly fun

battlefield is amazing.. yea tehre was lag..but it was soooo much fun. the weapons..the cars..etc.
it had a great replay value..

It depends on what kind of gamer you are if you're a PC gamer you will probably like Half-life more, if you are a console gamer then Halo is probably your choice. I didnt own a PC for a long time, so I never play too many PC games (except RTS) and I don't like using the mouse and such for a FPS, doesn't feel natual to me, just a personal preference. But imo I don't get the big deal that PC gamers always talk up Half-life and Counter Strike. They are freaking 5 year old game and the graphics aren't even equal to that of other PC games anymore. Yet, the same people down Halo's graphics and gameplay. Lemme put it this way, if you play a lot of PC games you are never gonna understand what Halo is all about, just as I and other console gamers will never understand the phenomenon behind Half-Life. It's just the way the ideo game gods made things.

"It was released, amazingly enough, in August 2003.

Can you hear me, Valve and Bungie, you liars!"

Bungie never gave that date, so technically you got mixed up with all the rumors. The only date they gave was fall of this year.

Here's a radical idea.....how about waiting for a demo disc or renting them before making a decision? How can you possibly make a choice about which is better without playing either of them????

[quote name='italianstallion']"It was released, amazingly enough, in August 2003.

Can you hear me, Valve and Bungie, you liars!"

Bungie never gave that date, so technically you got mixed up with all the rumors. The only date they gave was fall of this year.[/quote]

No, I knew Bungie never, ever said anything about 2003. That was simply Microsoft and all their peddlers hyping it up. I was just pointing out that the earliest dates released to the public for each game were in the same month. And here we are, months after those dates, and the games still have a strikingly similar release date. I simply find it eerie that the most important pc and console FPS games of the last five years are coming out at almost the exact same time.

[quote name='EggViper'][quote name='Ledhed']It was released, amazingly enough, in August 2003.

Can you hear me, Valve and Bungie, you liars![/quote]

well u can't completely blame valve, they did have that whole hacker problem on their hands. still both companies have been taking their time.[/quote]

I wanna find those bastardly little hax0rz and do whatever it takes to make them understand that what they did was wrong. I can only imagine most hackers have at least a passing interest in games, so why piss in your own backyard?

Im a huge fan of the first Halo, so I cant wait for the second one.
I did pick up Half Life for the PS2 a few months ago, but could never really get into it. I felt like I was playing the game just because I wanted to see why people liked it so much. I may pick up the PC version to see if its better.

i want half life so bad, i bought a 2300 dollar pc just for it. by comparrison, ive had an x-box over a year, still havent even considered buying halo.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']i want half life so bad, i bought a 2300 dollar pc just for it. by comparrison, ive had an x-box over a year, still havent even considered buying halo.[/quote]

Dude, I've been noticing this for awhile. Are you either like really rich, or, not trying to be mean, this doesn't always have to be a bad thing, really spoiled? I'd understand if you were out of the house and all, but I don't it's your wife that bans you from buying vid games and I'm pretty sure you've mentioned allowance and such. 'Cause I'm rich, I didn't decide this myself, I just assume so because all my friends say I am by my house and my posessions. I will also admit I am a little spoiled, but it seems like you get so much money, more than me. I guess it's possible that you have a job, but still, if you live with your parents, you're probably not out of HS, so what kind of job could you get that payed that much without some kind of degree?

Anyway, more on subject of this thread. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?! I'm an Xbox fanboy and even I know the right answer, HALF-LIFE 2!!!! Okay, lemme ask all the ppl that voted for Halo 2 this. How many of y'all have seen the Half-Life 2 videos on gamespot.com? I bet very few of you, if any at all. Go there, watch the videos, and then tell me what your vote is. I guess I would've voted Halo 2, about six months after the last E3. This is six months two late, it lost so much of it's awesomeness over time.

yea I have never even been hyped for Halo 2 even though I enjoyed the first one. I think it is going to blow big time (I hated the E3 video)

im not rich, i just budget VERY well. sometimes, i honestly dont know how i get everything. having an extended family helps (i have like almost 30 cousins). come christmas or birthday, im loaded. yea im pretty spiled, but hey, im not complaining. and the pc was from an old trust fund. i got my parents to let me do it by saying it was for school (the fools :twisted:)

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']im not rich, i just budget VERY well. sometimes, i honestly dont know how i get everything. having an extended family helps (i have like almost 30 cousins). come christmas or birthday, im loaded. yea im pretty spiled, but hey, im not complaining. and the pc was from an old trust fund. i got my parents to let me do it by saying it was for school (the fools :twisted:)[/quote]

I hope you're rich, 'cause that's a little fucked up if you trick you parents into spending all that money...PSYCHE!!!! Yeah, I also have a large extended family, but a only a few of the parents give me anything. Well, I have a few older cousins, and all of them give me things for Christmas.

halo 2 is on the lead. looks like i'll get that one. now i gotta get xbox live....argh is half life 2 gonna have some mutiplayer mode?

[quote name='batman2million']halo 2 is on the lead. looks like i'll get that one. now i gotta get xbox live....argh is half life 2 gonna have some mutiplayer mode?[/quote]

I dunno. Didn't the 1st Half-Life have some kind of multiplayer mode? What was it called, Team Fortress? Counter-something-or-other?

ooo counter strike was amazing..it was really a mod of the game.. n now its its own game..the new one condition zero really bombed

[quote name='batman2million']ooo counter strike was amazing..it was really a mod of the game.. n now its its own game..the new one condition zero really bombed[/quote]

Batman2million, what I said before is called a "joke". I know what CS is, my point was I was surprised that you didn't think HL2 would have multiplayer. There will actually be a few different versions of HL2 available: full retail (includes multiplayer), single player retail (less expensive, no mp), and the STEAM client download.

BTW, down with STEAM.

bread's done
Back