* * * * * 2 votes

SteelBook Worldwide Exclusive 2014

#61 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   12365 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:02 AM

A CAG that works at Target took a picture of the Lightning Returns Steelbooks today & both are G1 sized. It's in the CE thread in the deals forum.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#62 Frosty The Batman   Luv that dirty water CAGiversary!   1580 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago   Has been playing Borderlands 2

Frosty The Batman

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:12 PM

Looks like the Brave one is sold out too. They go fast nowadays.

They are both available again. Maybe someone flipped the switch early. I also got an email from them this morning announcing them.

I hope they get more Ghibli steels.

6041.png

#63 elessar123   "AT LAST, SIR TERRY, WE MUST WALK TOGETHER." CAGiversary!   10115 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:03 AM

They are both available again. Maybe someone flipped the switch early. I also got an email from them this morning announcing them.

I hope they get more Ghibli steels.

Sweet. Thanks for the heads up.

elessar123.png

#64 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   42602 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:24 AM

Thor The Dark World Best Buy bluray includes 3D and the design is up. $27.99 currently.

Nice design and it's different than the rest of the ones we've seen.  Instabuy.

#65 Scorch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   37483 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:55 AM

Whoa, what happened to Shrike?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#66 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:17 AM

Whoa, what happened to Shrike?

You act like this is the first time he's walked away from being a moderator...

#67 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   24831 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:33 AM

You act like this is the first time he's walked away from being a moderator...

I think Scorch is actually a CAG veteran, and unless I'm mistaken, this is the first I've seen of him in a long time...

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Pokemon Y; Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call :ps4: Bloodborne; The Witcher 3 :ps3: Ratchet & Clank HD :vita: Child of Light; Race the Sun

Last Beaten/Completed Game [5/18]:  :vita: Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit! (4.0/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

So the moral of the story is Vig is awesome; all glory to the master flipper.

#68 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:09 AM

I think Scorch is actually a CAG veteran, and unless I'm mistaken, this is the first I've seen of him in a long time...

Yep, I know but this is like the third time over the years that Shrike has stopped being a mod.

#69 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   42602 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:11 AM

Target steelbook for Ender's Game, comes out 02/11/14, at $19.99:

http://www.cheapassg...rget-ad-29-215/

#70 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   42602 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

Amazon steelbook for Iron Sky Director's Cut, $27.98 (was $20.98 before it turned into a steelbook), releases 03/11/14:

http://www.amazon.co...Y/dp/B00HI9QDQ6

#71 samusaran226   Bounty Hunter CAGiversary!   195 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

samusaran226

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:06 PM

Did anyone get Justice League War from Target.com yet? A friend of mine said he got it in the mail today but they shipped him a standard bluray and not the steelbook. The website also no longer mentions the steelbook casing despite still showing a picture of the steelbook. Guess this is going to be an in store only thing now?

#72 elessar123   "AT LAST, SIR TERRY, WE MUST WALK TOGETHER." CAGiversary!   10115 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:17 PM

I didn't order it, cause the last time I ordered a steelbook from Target (Django), they sent it in a poly bag. It was bent, and I had to go to the store to exchange it anyways.

elessar123.png

#73 iNCREDiPiNOY   This guy is awesome! CAGiversary!   9006 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

iNCREDiPiNOY

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

Did anyone get Justice League War from Target.com yet? A friend of mine said he got it in the mail today but they shipped him a standard bluray and not the steelbook. The website also no longer mentions the steelbook casing despite still showing a picture of the steelbook. Guess this is going to be an in store only thing now?

He should of add a note or emaill CSR after placing their pre-order.

#74 samusaran226   Bounty Hunter CAGiversary!   195 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

samusaran226

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:50 PM

He should of add a note or emaill CSR after placing their pre-order.

Is it really necessary to do that with target.com orders? Did they not have a separate page for the steelbook version? I know for a fact that the listing on the website did say it was the steelbook when he ordered it so that is what should have been received, no? Seems like pretty crappy service.

#75 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   42602 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:24 PM

I didn't order it, cause the last time I ordered a steelbook from Target (Django), they sent it in a poly bag. It was bent, and I had to go to the store to exchange it anyways.

Last time I ordered a steelbook from Target.com, I ordered enough copies to get free shipping and make sure they shipped it in a box.  I just returned the extras in-store.

Is it really necessary to do that with target.com orders? Did they not have a separate page for the steelbook version? I know for a fact that the listing on the website did say it was the steelbook when he ordered it so that is what should have been received, no? Seems like pretty crappy service.

Steelbooks share the same DPCI # as the regular release, so there's no way to tell when it's ordered unless the description specifically says steelbook.   Even then, you might end up with a non-SB copy.

#76 samusaran226   Bounty Hunter CAGiversary!   195 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

samusaran226

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:43 PM

Last time I ordered a steelbook from Target.com, I ordered enough copies to get free shipping and make sure they shipped it in a box.  I just returned the extras in-store.

Steelbooks share the same DPCI # as the regular release, so there's no way to tell when it's ordered unless the description specifically says steelbook.   Even then, you might end up with a non-SB copy.

Well it definitely did say steelbook when he ordered. I know this because I'm the one who sent him the link to it lol. I just didn't order one online myself. Sounds like horrible online service if you ask me. A toss up between getting the steelbook and regular release? What's the point of pre-ordering then? Anyway, stopped by my local target and picked up a copy for myself and my friend to replace his standard edition.

#77 ARsignal11   Pirate King CAGiversary!   393 Posts   Joined 3.0 Years Ago  

ARsignal11

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:59 AM

*Sigh*  I want this to be released in the US so badly. 

#78 elessar123   "AT LAST, SIR TERRY, WE MUST WALK TOGETHER." CAGiversary!   10115 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:21 AM

*Sigh*  I want this to be released in the US so badly. 

$96.53.

(Not originally my link. Someone either here or in the anime thread posted it.)

elessar123.png

#79 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   42602 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:36 PM

Amazon steelbook for Iron Sky Director's Cut, $27.98 (was $20.98 before it turned into a steelbook), releases 03/11/14:

http://www.amazon.co...Y/dp/B00HI9QDQ6

It's down to $18.96, according to my camelcamelcamel.com watch on it.

Well it definitely did say steelbook when he ordered. I know this because I'm the one who sent him the link to it lol. I just didn't order one online myself. Sounds like horrible online service if you ask me. A toss up between getting the steelbook and regular release? What's the point of pre-ordering then? Anyway, stopped by my local target and picked up a copy for myself and my friend to replace his standard edition.

Blame Target for giving them both the same DPCI #.  It's been an issue with them for as long as I can remember, so it's probably someone packing the shipment, checking the DPCI # and matching it up. 

Target.com CS is pretty bad and hasn't changed in numerous years.    Glad you could find a copy locally.

#80 LinkinPrime   Always in our hearts... CAGiversary!   43263 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:03 AM

I picked it up yesterday morning.  Got there around 9:30am, and they had about 4-5 left, picked 2 up, one for me one for a friend. 

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.png

30stmsymbols.png

#81 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder CAGiversary!   6688 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:06 AM

How much is?

#82 LinkinPrime   Always in our hearts... CAGiversary!   43263 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:14 AM

$15.99

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.png

30stmsymbols.png

#83 Sqwark  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:15 AM

Yeah, I had the same problem as samusaran226's friend (I'd quote the post but new accounts can't do that...?).  Sad part is that I was paying no attention and didn't notice anything was wrong until I opened the case.  Would have just ordered the standard version through Amazon if I'd have known Target's full of hijinks like this.

#84 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   12365 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:52 AM

Tales of Symphonia HD Collection CE (releases 2-25) comes with a Steelbook among other bonuses. Limited to 15k copies, already sold out.

http://www.gameinfor...campaign=buffer

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#85 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   24831 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:04 AM

Tales of Symphonia HD Collection CE (releases 2-25) comes with a Steelbook among other bonuses. Limited to 15k copies, already sold out.

http://www.gameinfor...campaign=buffer

The number of copies was bumped to 18k, according to the article--not that that helps those who didn't get a preorder in.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Pokemon Y; Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call :ps4: Bloodborne; The Witcher 3 :ps3: Ratchet & Clank HD :vita: Child of Light; Race the Sun

#86 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   42602 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

Looks like if you pre-order the Catching Fire steelbook at Best Buy, you get a LED keychain:

http://www.cheapassg...-buy-ad-29-215/

#87 Raven6009   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   353 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:15 AM

Walmart is getting an exclusive Steelbook for Anchorman containing both movies in 1 case.

http://www.walmart.c...screen/34515454

Posted Image

#88 Vigilante   Kept You Waiting, Huh? CAGiversary!   24831 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:51 AM

Walmart is getting an exclusive Steelbook for Anchorman containing both movies in 1 case.

http://www.walmart.c...screen/34515454

...Huh. Do I return the Rich Mahogany Edition I got from Target for $10 and pick this up or not...? :-k

Cloud_Squall78.png

#89 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   42602 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:55 AM

...Huh. Do I return the Rich Mahogany Edition I got from Target for $10 and pick this up or not...? :-k

It comes out in late June.  You have some time to think that through.

Nice idea to put both movies in a single steelbook.  Would be great if was the RME version of Anchorman 1 in the 2 pack.

#90 DestroVega   Life is short... stunt it CAGiversary!   7121 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

DestroVega

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:04 AM

Dont like the cover of the steel but yeah. Awesome idea. Will probably grab it.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg