Borderlands 2, GOTY and DLCs are confusing

Samuelc79

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I keep waiting off to purchase this game.  On Borderlands Game of the Year, it included all DLCs.  But now with the Borderlands 2 Game of the Year, there is not full game, as there's seperate DLCs still available to purchase.  I suppose there's some tips that can get it lower, or maybe I'm hoping for a Extreme Borderlands 2 GOTY that includes it all at the end of life cycle, I suppose that's when Borderlands 3 is out.  Is anyone like me?  Confusing or what?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't help you but I'd like to add that I don't support games like this.

If I'm interested in a game I buy it and play it without any consideration for DLC. Outside of a few instances I have never found a DLC release to add anything worthwhile in regards to enjoyment that I didn't get from playing the main game.

Anything other then a vanilla and complete edition and the publisher is just trying to milk the fanbase.

Yeah it's real dumb but with the Target price of $10 it's fine. It's just real dumb to release a GOTY version when DLC is still coming out..

I can't help you but I'd like to add that I don't support games like this.

If I'm interested in a game I buy it and play it without any consideration for DLC. Outside of a few instances I have never found a DLC release to add anything worthwhile in regards to enjoyment that I didn't get from playing the main game.

Anything other then a vanilla and complete edition and the publisher is just trying to milk the fanbase.
I agree with most of this, except there are a few games when the DLC does add to the core game (mass effect, fallout, skyrim) but really only a few.

The first BL had DLC that was nowhere near as fun as the main story and was kind of blah. I played BL2 and thought it was about as good as those DLCs.

This is a great example of gearbox really trying to get every penny they can out of a franchise, which is sad and depressing that it is a staple of the industry anymore. The fact that they made disc copies of 2 available DLC packs for each games is really just proof of that. Waiting for some Ultra Awesome GOTY edition is just a waste of your time OP, buy the vanilla version.

I just want to buy a game and it be awesome without dropping further cash down the line.

I have no problem with the BL2 GOTY edition and DLC after, cause the newer DLC that's not in the GOTY edition was released a year after the initial release date of BL2.  I mean, game of the year, and the company still supports the game 1 year after it comes out with new content.   That and you know, you don't have to buy it.  If you get a good deal on the GOTY, go for it.

To be quite frank I myself am very skeptical of DLC releases but I do really think that there are some exceptions to the rule... for instance Fallout 3 had great DLC, as did all the Mass Effects. Unfortunately most times it appears that they rushed the DLC it or didn't put much effort into making an immersive add-on... I've never played any of the Borderlands DLC but I would definitely try if it went on sale (100%ed Borderlands 1 and am playing Borderlands 2 right now!)

BL2 is great and the DLCs only adds onto the core game, also the +2 classes are good to play with and the season pass content adds plenty. I agree with Masa that BL2 had much better DLC then BL2 and it was more fun overall.

bread's done
Back