The Wonderful 101 $29.99 @ Amazon/Target/GameStop/Best Buy ($23.99 GCU)

Fantastic game, can't recommend it enough. Definitely has its flaws, but it's one of the best Wii U games so far.

Bought it at full price a month after release, no regrets.

Hopefully this is a price drop that Best Buy will get as well. 20% off $29.99 ($25.43 after 6% tax) would probably push me over the edge. :)

Oooo. Tempting. This is at the top of my super short WiiU must buy list. I think this and Mario 3D World are the only games out that I want but don't own.

Is this a sale or a price drop?

Id like to get it but I have spent way to much this month and I need to behave and pay on my credit card.

I don't know about anyone else but this seems to be a game where it takes a few levels to really get the hang of what all is going on. It probably would have benefitted from dedicated training mode levels.

It's great though!

Edit: Also, purhase unite guts and spring as early as you can, in game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about anyone else but this seems to be a game where it takes a few levels to really get the hang of what all is going on. It probably would have benefitted from dedicated training mode levels.

It's great though!

Edit: Also, purhase unite guts and spring as early as you can, in game.
I agree with that. It takes time to learn how to play the game really well. Playing it is really fun when you do get it and the story is actually pretty good. Also, it has some good replay value if you want to 100% percent everything (FIgures, booklets, and bottlecaps) and unlock Hard and 101% Hard mode.

Ive been wanting this game for a long time, just never wanted to drop the full $60. Reserved it at Gamestop, plus i have a $10 off coupon, so Im very happy. Thanks!

You can't use Remote+Nunchuck for multiplayer? I only have one Classic Controller Pro, so multiplayer with my kids will add up - need to buy another or a Pro Controller.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks op. Found a used copy at GameStop this morning. Club Nintendo code was unused as well. :) the only thing that stinks is I have to wait until Christmas Day to play. :(

You can't use Remote+Nunchuck for multiplayer? I only have one Classic Controller Pro, so multiplayer with my kids will add up - need to buy another or a Pro Controller.
I am not sure how good/balanced the multiplayer really is. Based on everything I've read/seen so far, the person with the gamepad is at a huge advantage over the rest of the players because they can draw on the gamepad vs drawing a shape using a pro/classic controller. See link

I am not sure how good/balanced the multiplayer really is. Based on everything I've read/seen so far, the person with the gamepad is at a huge advantage over the rest of the players because they can draw on the gamepad vs drawing a shape using a pro/classic controller. See link
Honestly, I believe that drawing on the gamepad is more for beginners. Using the right analog stick was much quicker and felt more natural then pausing a little between drawing and then pressing an action button.

Nintendo Exclusive. Not many store carry this game & only 1-3 copies per store. I have a good feeling soon or later only digital version is available ;)
It deserved to sell so much better than it did but since it sold so poorly I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

Good timing.  Just returned a copy I had bought a while back with B2G1F, was planning on rebuying it on the eShop, but for half the price I'll use my GameStop credit.  Thanks!

Oooo. Tempting. This is at the top of my super short WiiU must buy list. I think this and Mario 3D World are the only games out that I want but don't own.
I got em all- 32 games since launch not counting VC or eShop titles. Waiting on Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze next. Spent a small fortune buying Wii U games this year.

Honestly, I believe that drawing on the gamepad is more for beginners. Using the right analog stick was much quicker and felt more natural then pausing a little between drawing and then pressing an action button.
Totally agree. It's good while you adjust to the learning curve, but the right analogue is so much faster and more efficient, especially with the Speed Liner skill equipped. You can string combos together using the analogue, something that would be near impossible with touch. I will say this: drawing shapes is good for some scenarios, especially the QTEs.

$20 or bust that's all this game is worth. Mario 3d is all you need on wii u
pFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT.....Nice try bro. Wonderful 101 was worth the admission at $60 and is a steal at $29. I'm on my 3rd playthrough and have a blast with the co-op every week. It's an awesome game that was overlooked.

pFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT.....Nice try bro. Wonderful 101 was worth the admission at $60 and is a steal at $29. I'm on my 3rd playthrough and have a blast with the co-op every week. It's an awesome game that was overlooked.
that's you opinion ,but if sales were any indication more people agree with my opinion than yours. $20 or bust

bread's done
Back