Gamestop After-Christmas Sale 12/26-12/29 - BF4 (360/PS3/PC) $40, GTAV $40, 50% Trade-ins

Thanks, might finally get a 32GB Vita card.

I hate the way Gamestop's "sale" pages always list a bunch of MSRP Nintendo stuff. For a half-second I get excited that a game I want is also on sale, but no, it's just in the ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only good deals I see are $25 off a pre owned slim ps3 or 360, gta5, bf4 and wwe 2k13.
Everything else seems like the price was raised and then trimmed to make it look like a sale.

The other deal would be if you decided to trade in your copy of Ghosts for the 360 and still had that coupon where you would get guaranteed $50 trade in credit towards ghosts for the Xbox One. Using that would essentially make the Xbox One copy free. This of course if you decide you don't want to play on the 360 anymore despite the season pass content coming soon.

B1g1 half off electronics is next to the vita picture...

Would that work for two used vita?
That Vita picture is squared off from the B1G1 and is just there to advertise it's $129.99. Plus the B1G1 off electronics usually just means on tablets and MP3 players, not on consoles or handhelds.

Wait, are they raising the used price of Tomb Raider to put it on "sale?"

EDIT: and Saints Row 4?

Is GTA5 worth 40?  I have credit built up at the GS so I'd probably walk out of there paying nothing for it.  I was kinda hoping that multiplayer would have sorted itself out by now, but it still seems wild and not terribly co-op friendly.  any and all advice or opinions would be truly helpful.  Happy holidays y'all.

P.S. Nice ad, thank you to the OP for the thread.

Can you swap memory cards on Vita? I thought that required a factory reset or something.

If you can easily ill probably pick up another 16 GB.

It would probably be a return and rebuy but essentially, yes.
Thanks, that is what I figured. Just got back and bought the last one they at my store :D

Hrmm I can pay $50 for a 32gb vita card or $40 for two 16gb vita cards, tough call.
Depends on convenience. I wanted the 32 so I wouldn't have to switch cards or have to manage memory at all really.

Dang, no B2G1. Would've been amazing.
I was really hoping for this as well. Since I am getting a Vita on Christmas I was hoping to get a couple of games that I haven't gotten through PS+ yet. Oh well, still going to buy Dragon's Crown, Ys Celceta, and Muramasa Rebirth

Thanks, that is what I figured. Just got back and bought the last one they at my store :D

Depends on convenience. I wanted the 32 so I wouldn't have to switch cards or have to manage memory at all really.

I was really hoping for this as well. Since I am getting a Vita on Christmas I was hoping to get a couple of games that I haven't gotten through PS+ yet. Oh well, still going to buy Dragon's Crown, Ys Celceta, and Muramasa Rebirth
Amazon still has a few copies of Dragons Crown for Vita at $29 and prime eligible. It's the cheapest I've seen it new or used so you might want to jump on that.

Amazon still has a few copies of Dragons Crown for Vita at $29 and prime eligible. It's the cheapest I've seen it new or used so you might want to jump on that.
Ahh cool it came back at that price. I missed it earlier when it showed up. Thanks for the heads up :D

Bummed that the PS4 version of the Lego Marvel doesn't look like it is on sale.  Even if people say there is not a real difference, I would rather play it on the ps4 than ps3

32gb vita memory card. Hopefully they have stock on the 26th. Thats the only thing im planning on getting.

Really wish they would do a good trade-in bonus for systems :cry: I would really like to dump this Vita for $100
Damn, just sell it on craigslist. $100 is too low for a ps vita... I just sold a 3ds xl with some crappy games for $200 there xD

Thanks OP. Was expecting a 50%, but it's only on game trades. Also sad to see no B2G1, but probably because they're depleted right now from the last one.

Damn, just sell it on craigslist. $100 is too low for a ps vita... I just sold a 3ds xl with some crappy games for $200 there xD
Well fortunately I got a great deal on the Vita $80 from cowboom. I've tried Craigslist but everyone in my area wants to lowball. Most recent offer was a modded Ps3 that requires an overheat repair...yeah.

I was only asking $175 on craigslist with 5 games and a 16gb card.

Well fortunately I got a great deal on the Vita $80 from cowboom. I've tried Craigslist but everyone in my area wants to lowball. Most recent offer was a modded Ps3 that requires an overheat repair...yeah.

I was only asking $175 on craigslist with 5 games and a 16gb card.
Could always try eBay, Amazon, or a CAG.

[quote name="CAGkrazy" post="11379867" timestamp="1387849312"]

32gb vita memory card. Hopefully they have stock on the 26th. Thats the only thing im planning on getting.[/quote

Do the 32s ever go lower than that?

[quote name="CAGkrazy" post="11379867" timestamp="1387849312"]

32gb vita memory card. Hopefully they have stock on the 26th. Thats the only thing im planning on getting.[/quote

Do the 32s ever go lower than that?
I haven't seen it for under $60.

Can you swap memory cards on Vita? I thought that required a factory reset or something.If you can easily ill probably pick up another 16 GB.
I believe a factory reset is required if u r changing accounts from one region to another. I had a 4GB card that came with the vita. I bought a 16GB and just put the new one in, formatted it and was good to go. Nothing to do on the vita like a reset or anything.

What is the return policy if you return a new, still factory sealed game? Is it just 7 days (like used games) or do you have a bit longer?
Gamestop's return policy loosens up a bit during the holiday season FYI but normally, I am pretty sure it is 30 days. Also glad to see another person with a Tearaway avatar. Representing the Vitaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! ( I don't have a tearaway avatar, but I am glad to see people enjoying that game)

If I use the 50% extra trade in towards a few games I want to trade in...do I have to buy the game from them on the spot? Or can I just get a Gamestop GC?

So as I asked in a previous thread, if I bought GT6 on Dec. 12 & paid $65, does anyone know if I can get a price difference dice it hasn't been 30 days? (i.e, I get $25 back).

So as I asked in a previous thread, if I bought GT6 on Dec. 12 & paid $65, does anyone know if I can get a price difference dice it hasn't been 30 days? (i.e, I get $25 back).
When I worked at GS we would honor the price for 30 days. This was awhile ago so I don't know if it changed or not, but if you are in good with your GS store manager you should be good.

If it is a 50% bonus that's it, it doesn't have to be towards something.
It clearly states that it has to be put towards a purchase in the OP on the ad. Doesn't specify if it has to be a game or what. Was hoping I could get the bonus and just buy a Kindle card.

damn no extra 50% trade in with Ipad ???  anyone know when Gamestop going to have extra 50% trade in with Ipad ?

Thank in advance

I missed all the sales on Black Flag due to my own Christmas shopping.  Looks like Gamestop is the only one with it on sale so $40 it is.  I'm ok with that.  Might have to jump GTA V for $40 also.

bread's done
Back