* * * * * 1 votes

Surprisingly the Last TV Show You Saw was Good

#571 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12197 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:32 PM

After watching BoJack Horseman & F is for Family (both of which I liked) I wanted to watch another animated comedy. So I've been watching Bob's Burgers here and there. I'm in season 3 and it's hit n' miss but for the most part it's a nice show to wind down to after work.

#572 elessar123  

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:39 PM

After watching BoJack Horseman & F is for Family (both of which I liked) I wanted to watch another animated comedy. So I've been watching Bob's Burgers here and there. I'm in season 3 and it's hit n' miss but for the most part it's a nice show to wind down to after work.

Watch Archer if you haven't.

elessar123.pnggpOYCAm.jpg

#573 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12197 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2016 - 09:15 PM

Watch Archer if you haven't.

This is next on my list.

#574 detectiveconan16   Limoncello Freshness CAGiversary!   6350 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:23 AM

Supergirl went nuts with the Holocaust imagery, and it didn't help that the alien of the week was a White Martian that looked like a devil you'd fight in Dark Souls. It was confusing that it took the form of a bigot senator, who's a Black woman btw.

Batsugunner.png

#575 RoytheRobot   El Piraguero. CAGiversary!   2090 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

RoytheRobot

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:28 AM

Finished The Office a week ago. One of my favorite shows ever.

After that I started watching Parks and Recreation. I'm on the 4th episode of S1 and it hasn't been very funny. Not bad, just not good enough for me to be motivated to watch it constantly.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-7855-8742    Wii U NNID: RoytheRobot 

Currently Playing:  

:3ds: Professor Layton series     :wiiu: Splatoon

Click here if you want cash back on almost all your online purchases

#576 detectiveconan16   Limoncello Freshness CAGiversary!   6350 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:32 AM

You have to watch Season 2 to get it going. I mostly watch S2 and up, S1 is forgettable if not for the season finale where Mouse Rat made a really catchy song. Parks and Rec made me not like the Office anymore.

Batsugunner.png

#577 DNukem170   I plan 3 times faster than other birbs! CAGiversary!   8095 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

DNukem170

Posted 27 January 2016 - 01:24 AM

Supergirl went nuts with the Holocaust imagery, and it didn't help that the alien of the week was a White Martian that looked like a devil you'd fight in Dark Souls. It was confusing that it took the form of a bigot senator, who's a Black woman btw.

Eh, at least we got a decent aerial battle out of the episode. Hank's survivor's guilt is believable, but it also feels like they are forcing it so that the episodes don't end after 10 minutes.

Twitter / YouTube Channel

Mario Maker Levels:

Eat, Eat, Eat! - 7822-0000-003B-1001 / 10-Second Flying - B241-0000-0040-F9C0​ / Journey to the Tree of​ Beginning - 3A99-0000-0021-0F8E / Spooky Ghost House - F270-0000-0037-82AB / Fly Carefully - FB3B-0000-003D-50EF

#578 DNukem170   I plan 3 times faster than other birbs! CAGiversary!   8095 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

DNukem170

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:42 PM

Supergirl is officially a part of the CW DC Universe, as she and Flash are crossing over next month.

Mario Maker Levels:

Eat, Eat, Eat! - 7822-0000-003B-1001 / 10-Second Flying - B241-0000-0040-F9C0​ / Journey to the Tree of​ Beginning - 3A99-0000-0021-0F8E / Spooky Ghost House - F270-0000-0037-82AB / Fly Carefully - FB3B-0000-003D-50EF

#579 sp0rklez  

sp0rklez

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:15 PM

Lucifer is really, really good. 2 episodes so far and I'm hooked.

#580 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12197 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:45 PM

After that I started watching Parks and Recreation. I'm on the 4th episode of S1 and it hasn't been very funny. Not bad, just not good enough for me to be motivated to watch it constantly.

Stick with Parks and Rec. I didn't picked it up till season 2. Trust me it gets really good. A lot of characters go through changes and S2 or 3 is when it hits it's stride. Most of all Andy (Chris Pratt) goes from being a jerk to a lovable buffon. And Ron Swanson is one of the best characters ever on TV. Every line of dialouge by him is amazing.

After Michael left The Office it just wasn't the same. It's like they were desperately trying to hold onto something that just wasn't there. On the other hand Parks & Rec is solid till the end.

#581 pitfallharry219   Getting snizz on the reg. CAGiversary!   15078 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

pitfallharry219

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:59 PM

I'm currently watching Mad Dogs on Prime streaming. I'm not sure how I feel about it. The first 3 or 4 episodes were great, but I've only got episode 10 (the finale) left and there has been a lot of filler the second half of the season.

Basically, it's one of those scenes from Breaking Bad where it looks like Walt and Jesse won't make it out of the situation alive, but Mad Dogs stretches that out over 10 episodes. It kind of wears thin by the end.

pitfall_harry219.png

#582 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 04 February 2016 - 02:57 PM

The Office peaks somewhere around the middle of its run and is all downhill from there. Parks and Rec though just continues to build right up until its finale. I went in with really low expectations and ended up liking Parks and Rec more than The Office. Just stick with it, believe me it gets much, much better than 1st season.

#583 detectiveconan16   Limoncello Freshness CAGiversary!   6350 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:24 PM

Crazy Ex Girlfriend never fails to impress.

Batsugunner.png

#584 sweeetja713   Damn you CAG mobile theme! CAGiversary!   2261 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

sweeetja713

Posted 25 February 2016 - 02:47 AM

Lucifer is really, really good. 2 episodes so far and I'm hooked.

Likewise digging it.
Wondering why I did such a long quote, didn't quote at all, or my post is riddled with typos? 90% of the time I'm on a mobile device and editing and formatting are too time consuming.

Come check out my tradelist. It's full of geeky goodness that's not limited to video games. Includes pen and paper rpgs and more. http://www.cheapassg...hl= sweeetja713
Do you have a Fire Emblem Sacred Stones GBA box if so please pm me. I want it.

#585 ClydeShebang   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1326 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

ClydeShebang

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:47 PM

Silicon Valley - Season 1. I thought the first two episodes for alright but it got a lot better as it went on, really funny show.

Ash V.S. Evil Dead - going through about half way and i'm really enjoying this, fun show. Though the computer effects leave's something to be desired for. 

It's always Sunny Season 11(?) - Great stuff, though it's a little hit and miss but I guess the gang are trying new stuff. Dennis is the MVP so far. 

Parasyte - Haven't watched anime in nearly 2 years but thought I would give it a try over the live action movie, so far so good. Like a teenage set Cronenberg body horror. 

ClydeShebang.png

leo6.gif

#586 wrecktum   Goat CAGiversary!   208 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2016 - 07:51 PM

Finished the Office a couple months ago and it's probably my favorite comedy show of all time. Afree that was Jessica Jones, which I liked, but not as much as Daredevil (my lass disagrees, she was HOOKED). I got into Dexter until about halfway through season 2, after seasons 1 the 2nd one just fell kinda short for me. Now I'm continuing Californication and started Narcos, I'll have to keep watching Legend of Korra's last season as well. Other than that I want to catch up on Walking Dead and Better Call Saul before I start House of Cards
Posted Image

#587 thenexus6   more human than human CAGiversary!   2158 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

thenexus6

Posted 06 March 2016 - 06:36 PM

House of Cards season four

What a ride.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

752870.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/the_nexus6

#588 RoytheRobot   El Piraguero. CAGiversary!   2090 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

RoytheRobot

Posted 06 March 2016 - 06:51 PM

I'm on S3 of Parks and Rec now, and the show does get better. Still not better than The Office yet! 

Ron Swanson is awesome.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-7855-8742    Wii U NNID: RoytheRobot 

Currently Playing:  

:3ds: Professor Layton series     :wiiu: Splatoon

Click here if you want cash back on almost all your online purchases

#589 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12197 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:59 PM

People vs Oj Simpson is good. Growing up with the trial this show really bring back a lot of memories. The trial just had so many characters. Great casting with the exception of Cuba as OJ. They look nothing alike and OJ was a big guy, Cuba is kinda small. But the guy playing Jugde Ito looks like his freakin' twin. Or maybe you put a beard on any asian and the look the same.

Better Call Saul S2 is on. Still good. First 2 episodes were a little slow but it picked up. I loved them hustling the stock broker in the bar.

I'm going to start up Lucifer soon. I hear good things about it.

#590 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 07 March 2016 - 02:21 AM

People vs Oj Simpson is good. Growing up with the trial this show really bring back a lot of memories. The trial just had so many characters. Great casting with the exception of Cuba as OJ. They look nothing alike and OJ was a big guy, Cuba is kinda small. But the guy playing Jugde Ito looks like his freakin' twin. Or maybe you put a beard on any asian and the look the same.

Better Call Saul S2 is on. Still good. First 2 episodes were a little slow but it picked up. I loved them hustling the stock broker in the bar.

I'm going to start up Lucifer soon. I hear good things about it.

The stock broker in the bar is the same one from Breaking Bad that Walter used a squeegee to short his battery setting his car on fire.

#591 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12197 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 March 2016 - 02:47 AM

The stock broker in the bar is the same one from Breaking Bad that Walter used a squeegee to short his battery setting his car on fire.

I knew he looked kinda familiar. Nice job keeping it in the BB universe.

#592 detectiveconan16   Limoncello Freshness CAGiversary!   6350 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 07 March 2016 - 11:33 AM

Turns out BJ Novak has an ecstasy factory.

Batsugunner.png

#593 Gden   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2644 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:39 PM

They should've put someone who can lip sync better at the front, my wife and I tried to watch it last night thinking that it was a musical tv series.  20 minutes in, and no song, we realized we couldn't watch this crap any more, so we turned it off.  Apparently, we stopped too early

Also, Transfromers Rescue Bots, for a show that doesn't try to pander to little kids, but, at the same time, doesn't try too hard to keep the adults engaged, it's a good show.

I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#594 detectiveconan16   Limoncello Freshness CAGiversary!   6350 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:49 AM

Agents of Shield is back, and Ward looks like Vincent D'Onofrio in Men in Black. Right on.

Batsugunner.png

#595 DestroVega   Life is short... stunt it CAGiversary!   7184 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

DestroVega

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:24 PM

Crazy Ex Girlfriend never fails to impress.

The best show that close to no one is watching.

I watched both seasons of Fargo recently. Great show. I think I like season 1 a bit more mainly because of Billy Bob Thronton. Just an amazing performance.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#596 ludus   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   642 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2016 - 10:53 PM

The first season isn't as good compared to later seasons. Trust me, it gets so much better. I actually disliked the show because of the main male star that was there in the first and part of season 2. Once they got rid of him, it started to get much better imo. 

Anyways, I've been watching a lot of Happy Endings. Wish the show wasn't cancelled though because I'm nearly done with the series. :(

LeaptradeForumSignature.jpg

#597 DNukem170   I plan 3 times faster than other birbs! CAGiversary!   8095 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

DNukem170

Posted 15 March 2016 - 01:12 AM

Supergirl was really damn good. Didn't think they would demolish the status quo quite this quickly, but it will be interesting to see where they go from here.

Mario Maker Levels:

#598 detectiveconan16   Limoncello Freshness CAGiversary!   6350 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:16 AM

I have to say, Evil Supergirl in the Jumpsuit looked better than regular Supergirl. Must be that "I like a man in uniform" effect.

I agree, that it was pretty damn good. I suspect somebody at CBS is actually making sure the writers don't fall into the same traps as the now mediocre cousin programs, even if it was pretty groan worthy in the beginning. I've been calling Supergirl, Spider-Man the whole time, and they've done it!

Batsugunner.png

#599 bvzxa3   ME!! CAG Newbie   5 Posts   Joined 0.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2016 - 11:47 PM

I have been watching Fringe on Netflix because TV sucks right now. some people like the show and some hate it, but i am a huge fan. I also watched the new X-Files and that was good so far. It really needs to come back.

#600 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   254 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 19 March 2016 - 02:00 PM

I'm about half way through the anime series "Your Lie in April" on Netflix. Enjoying it so far.