Best Buy Christmas Video Game Sale

Wow, thank you OP. I got Injustice from them yesterday for $49.99 + tax and today it's $39.99 + tax. I was able to call them on the phone and get the difference of $8.64 back.

Thank you OP! I have been eyeing Ghosts on Wii U for awhile. It will compliment my Xbox One version.

Don't judge.. lol

Merry Christmas!

blea pretty weak ass sales honestly. I MAY have got dragons crown for my cousin if it was at least 29.99 or lower, most of these prices are weak

best buy is killing it this christmas season. bought all my new games this holiday season from them! and i might have to spend some more today. dang!! 

When I go to checkout they make the gift card cost $25. Tried in store or shipped (GC needs to be shipped).

Free $25 Gift Card with Two xbox1 or ps4 Games or Controllers

Mix and Match

I bought 1 xbox one game and 1 ps4 game and got the $25 gift card

Some games are $49.99, with New Best Buy Gamer Club, these titles are $39.99

Forza Motorsport 5 - Xbox One
Dead Rising 3 - Xbox One
Ryse: Son of Rome - Xbox One
Call of Duty: Ghosts - Xbox One and PS4
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - PlayStation 4
Killzone: Shadow Fall - PlayStation 4

I got 
Dead Rising 3 - Xbox One
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - PlayStation 4
$25 gift card
for $85 plus I used fatwallet for 1.5% cachback

Last edited by a moderator:
BBY GCU best combination for new ps4 owners today would be :

killzone ($40)

knack ($32)

ps4 controller (60) 

12 month plus (25)

$25 gc (free)

157+tax

added killzone and knack 1st using the $25 free gc link, added a ps4 controller, added 1 year playstation plus card (sku ending 881)

if only i didn't have any of the games i would pull the trigger.

Pretty great surprise sale.  I wish I would have completely avoided Amazon this year and just focused on Best Buy.  They have been killing it.  Thought I was getting a deal on CoD for the Wii U on Amazon for $40.  Man I was wrong. 

Ha Ha Ha, Nice.
I just traded in Ghosts, Black Flag and Battlefield for $42 a piece.
Time to buy back Black Flag, since I never got around to it.

The big issue I have with buying Knack is I already know it will probablly be free on PS+ within a few months so I am having a really rough time pulling the trigger on buying it

Have people had luck getting price adjustments to include the GCU price?  I.e. I paid $32 w/GCU for Black Flag for 360 last week, it is $28 w/GCU now.  Just wondering if it has been an easy thing or if you've had to make a big stink bout getting the 20% off of the new price on the adjustment.

BBY GCU best combination for new ps4 owners today would be :

killzone ($40)

knack ($32)

ps4 controller (60)

12 month plus (25)

$25 gc (free)

157+tax

added killzone and knack 1st using the $25 free gc link, added a ps4 controller, added 1 year playstation plus card (sku ending 881)

if only i didn't have any of the games i would pull the trigger.
I did the same thing except for got Ghosts in stead (already have Killzone).

But yeah crazy, crazy deal.

EDIT: Actually just did two separate transactions to get another $25 gift card with another game purchase.

But now I'm not getitng the 20% GCU discount on the final order screen? I do in the cart though... bllarrgghhh..

Have people had luck getting price adjustments to include the GCU price? I.e. I paid $32 w/GCU for Black Flag for 360 last week, it is $28 w/GCU now. Just wondering if it has been an easy thing or if you've had to make a big stink bout getting the 20% off of the new price on the adjustment.
Looking for some feedback on this as well. I know return/rebuy is an option, but I'd rather just get an adjustment if possible.

Hmmmm, so I already own Injustice and KZ for PS4. Im thinking of trading them in for $42 and rebuying them at that price + $25. Seems like a win/win. How long does this last till? Im unfortunately away on vacation so wouldn't be able to trade my games in till next week, so hopefully the values don't drop

blea pretty weak ass sales honestly. I MAY have got dragons crown for my cousin if it was at least 29.99 or lower, most of these prices are weak
Weak? Which retailer has ever offered Ghosts for $35? GCU is specific to BB but with that discount, that deal can't be beat period.

By the way, Merry Xmas bitches.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/325139-2499-ps-1-year-subscription-with-purchase-of-select-ps4-game-buy-knack-and-a-dualshock-4-get-25-gift-card-plus-20-off-stacks-with-unlocked/

Check this thread out, everyone's overlooking it.

You could buy Ghost and Killzone for ($40 each GCU price) get a $25 12 month PS+ Card and a free $25 gift card for $105+tax and save $65, perfect if you just got a PS4.

Or you could do that same combo the then trade the 2 games in for $42 a piece and get $84 plus the $25 gift card making out to basically a free 12 month ps+.

So I've one year of live that came with my XBONE -- should I bite on the 45 dollar year code for a backup?  Or over the next year should I expect another sale to drive under 40?

Sorry - haven't been paying attention to Live - as I didn't have a 360.  Thanks guys.

So I've one year of live that came with my XBONE -- should I bite on the 45 dollar year code for a backup? Or over the next year should I expect another sale to drive under 40?

Sorry - haven't been paying attention to Live - as I didn't have a 360. Thanks guys.
$40 sales do happen a couple times usually, I think that will be the case this coming year as well. Especially if PS+ continues to have good sale prices ($30 at Black Friday, $35 today, etc). I would wait for right now.

that doesn't answer why it's so expensive. It being $60 at retail reinforces that question
Maybe you'd like to enlighten us with the answer then? I was justifying why the 12 month gold sale price was more than the ps+ subscription sale price, as gold retails for $10 more. If you read the CONTEXT of the post you'd see he quoted prices for both subs...Therefore more than likely wondering why Gold costs more then ps+ (while both being on sale). Clear enough?

Got two copies of Dead Rising 3, one for myself and another as a belated Christmas gift for my god-son, for $80 after using a leftover $5 RZ cert. Great deal.

is call of duty ghosts worth it at $30 ??

I already have battlefield 4 on PC and loving it but I would like to try some change of pace on X360

Anyone have any thoughts on Paradox? I watched some vids and I'm all on board for the story/writing/humor, but the actually game mechanics seem more tedious than anything else. Has anyone actually played the game to offer an insight?

is call of duty ghosts worth it at $30 ??

I already have battlefield 4 on PC and loving it but I would like to try some change of pace on X360
Overall reviews people seem to think it's horrible. Having played it on PC I think the Multiplayer is a huge step backwards for the series, and it's pretty terrible. Wouldn't pay $20 for it let alone the $48 I suckered myself out of for it.

bread's done
Back