- - - - -

Mario Party 3DS

Mario Party 3DS

#1 2DMention   Cyberpunk CAGiversary!   3842 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:34 AM

I can't believe there isn't a thread for this. Charming game so far. They nixed the "everyone riding in a vehicle and taking turns" of the Wii version and change up the rules for each board. The pacing is kinda slow for this game, but I'm used to playing Culdcept Saga on the 360.

#2 JSP   Return to my Roots CAGiversary!   12015 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:57 AM

Eh, I like Mario Party but there doesn't seem like much of a point in a portable installment. The only time I ever want to play Mario Party is on a couch with 2-3 other people.

#3 blume3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   997 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

I bought this just because I wanted to try it. I knew I would most likely be disappointed because it does not include wifi. I will probably play it ocassionally but after one play through of a table/regular game I was already kind of done with it. It's fun, it's just not as fun against 3 AI.

#4 Rathblaze   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Rathblaze

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:18 AM

Eh, I like Mario Party but there doesn't seem like much of a point in a portable installment. The only time I ever want to play Mario Party is on a couch with 2-3 other people.

This is exactly how I feel. I actually got my friends copy of the DS version of mario party and it was just so weird playing it like this... it just doesn't fit portable game play.

#5 2DMention   Cyberpunk CAGiversary!   3842 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:34 AM

I guess I kind of like it too much since I'm starved for something to play.

#6 OuTrAgE   Senior Llama CAGiversary!   1212 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

I'm interested in it since I think it would be fun for me and my girlfriend to play. But it's still pretty expensive and I'm hearing mixed reviews, so I'm thinking maybe it would be better to just go with the regular DS version.

Anybody play both and can recommend one over the other?