SNES titles coming to 3DS eShop?

MrGranger

CAGiversary!
It seems that rumors have floated around for about 10 months about the SNES titles coming to 3DS eShop.  And recent announcements seemed to booster those rumors, so I've got my fingers crossed.

My personal Holy Grails are the SNES Super Star Wars series.  I never did get a chance to finish them, though I put in a lot of hours.  And by the time my life changed and I could play more I no longer had the SNES.  I've always wanted to go back and play those games and I think they'd be great on the 3DS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather see them stop with the NES titles, skip SNES, and focus on getting GBA and DS titles on the eShop. Focus on the games that are guaranteed to be a better fit for the 3DS than NES/SNES games until they can do Cross Buy for that stuff.

There are plenty of SNES titles I'd buy in a heartbeat. Link to the Past, the Star Wars titles, Secret of Mana, Super Metroid, Super Mario World... all of these on the go? Man, that would turn my Vita into a permanent paper weight.

I don't care what systems they release, but Wii (U) and 3DS cross buy/play would be my one request to add value to these games. $7.99 is a tad much.

Oh man I would buy Super Metroid and probably almost all of the Super Mario games... such good memories... I kind of want to go buy a super nintendo now...

I hope this is true. Nintendo needs a shot of new revenue. 3DS eshop is a barren wasteland and in need of more VC games. I would only want Earthbound and Link to the Past. Everything else is gravy

i'd bite.... ONLY if Nintendo steps it up and allows me to purchase 1VC title for both my 3DS and Wii U! i will not rebuy titles.

I did ask Nintendo USA when we could expect to see the SNES titles coming to 3DS.  They told me to keep checking their website.  Oh well...

It makes no sense that Nintendo has not yet given us 3DS owners access to Super NES and GBA (minus Ambassadors which proves it can be done easily).  Hopefully we see something over the horizon soon.

I won't mind SNES games on the 3DS Virtual Console, especially imports.  I want the SNES version of Kirby's Star Stacker in English. 

I want N64 titles more though.  I so would buy and play Sin and Punishment on the go legitimately.  The N64 emulator runs so slow on my PSP.  Just map the remaining needed buttons to the touch screen of the 3DS.

Last edited by a moderator:
What recent announcements led you to believe this was coming, OP?  I don't recall Nintendo ever committing to, or even hinting at, bringing SNES titles to the 3DS.  I wish it were different though.

If you can only link a nintendo ID to 1 Wii U and 1 3DS, and the balance in your eshop can (FINALLY...) be on both, why the hell can't we get the same games on both WITHOUT having to buy everything twice. It's bad enough we have to pay a premium if we purchased some games on the Wii and want them on the Wii U.

bread's done
Back