2014 Completed Games
1/1 Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD (Action RPG)- 21h 46m, Beginner
1/2 Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD (Riku's Story) - 7h 14m, Beginner
- 6/10: Deep and complex card-based real-time battle system can be rewarding. However, doesn't have anything else to offer.
1/10 Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (FPS) - 11h 9m (9:09)
- 8/10: Pretty much everything awesome about the 80's condensed into one slick adventure.
1/18 Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (Point and Click Adventure) - 29h 6m
- 9/10: Definitely the most polished entry in the series yet and the return of a few familiar faces will make any fan giddy. The story is as well-constructed as ever, but just a touch less poignant than the last two entries.
1/23 Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes (Puzzle, RPG) - 28h 26m
- 7/10: Throwaway storyline, but the draw is in the mix of puzzle and RPG mechanics.
1/26 Quantum Conundrum (Puzzle) - 6h 35m
- 7/10: Compartmentalized first-person puzzles using physics-bending mechanics are reminiscent of Portal and the game succeeds in creating its own atmosphere and charm, though it doesn't entirely succeed in drawing you into its world the way Portal did.
1/30 Dead Space 3 (Horror) - 16h 25m, Easy
- 8/10: Retains the draws and flaws of its predecessors, with the changes balancing out to a wash. Still provides a tense atmosphere coupled with fun combat and exploration elements.
2/4 Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier (TPS) -
- 6/10: A competent shooter that doesn't do enough to differentiate itself from other military games. Use of technology is disappointingly mundane for the most part, although stealth portions involving the use of drones and sync-shots are mildly cerebral and puzzle-like.
2/23 Tomb Raider (Adventure) - 20h 55m, Easy
- 9/10: The best mix of platforming, exploration, and action in modern gaming - No 3D game really does all components as well as Tomb Raider does. Its weakest link is the plot, which is competent but forgettable, though that is also counterbalanced by Lara's gradual and compelling development into a badass.
5/13 The Last of Us (TPS) - 18h 53m, Easy
- 10/10: A story that offers no easy answers or solutions filled with believable and believably-acted characters who operate almost completely in the moral grayspace, surrounded by a beautiful, fully-realized environment, and set to a perfectly understated and evocative soundtrack, The Last of Us sets a new bar for videogame storytelling. The third-person action and stealth elements on their own are standard, but they work strongly together with the setting to create a desperate and tense atmosphere. Overall, it doesn't necessarily provide an original post-apocalyptic experience, but it will make you feel and think.
5/13 The Last of Us: Left Behind (TPS) - 2h 47m, Easy
- 10/10: Though it might seem overpriced for its length, Left Behind offers value in the form of emotion and detail. Dual storylines from Ellie's perspective strengthens the characterization of Joel and Ellie's relationship in the main story (impressive given that Joel is incapacitated and silent for the majority of this DLC) and fleshes out Ellie's motivations and survivor's guilt. Without being melodramatic or overhanded, this DLC provides a focused glimpse into the life of a scared, confused, and lonely pubescent girl in a harsh, unsympathetic , and hopeless era.
- Bioshock Infinite, 4/28
- Dishonored, 5/5
- Journey, 5/12
Backlog 73 + 87 + 32 + 234 + 38 + 31 + 1 + 41 + 6 = 543
Score Log (2009-2012) (ordered by score, then by completion date)
VG Completion History
Year: Games completed (Games completed per system), Total annual hours played, Hours per week played, Backlog progress
2009: 25 games + 3 DLC/EP completed, ( 14 3 0 1 6 0 3 1) ~703 hours, ~13.5h/week, Backlog Progression = 28 - 122 = -94
2010: 19 games + 3 DLC/EP completed, ( 11 8 2 0 1 0 0 0) ~350 hours, ~6.7h/week, Backlog Progression = 22 - 168 + 41 = -105
2011: 27 games + 4 DLC completed, ( 9 10 0 0 9 2 0 0) ~432 hours, ~8.3h/week, Backlog Progression = 31 - 245 + 19 = -195
2012: 5 games + 1 DLC completed, ( 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 0) ~707 hours, 13.5h/week, Backlog Progression = 6 - 112 = -106
2013: 12 games ( 5 3 1 1 1 1), ~260 hours, 5h/week, Backlog Progression = 12 - 85 = -73
Total: 88 games + 11 DLC/EP completed, ( 45 24 2 1 1 15 1 2 1 3 1 1) ~2192 hours, ~10.5h/week, Backlog Progression = -573