Target Canada Super Mario 3D World $34.99 Luigi's Mansion, NSMB2, M&L: Dream Team, Mario Kart 7 $14.99 & More! (YMMV PM in US)

My first attempt at contributing to CAG. Didn't see a thread for this and forgive me if this is already well known.

saw this on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/1tx50g/priced_matched_luigis_mansion_dark_moon_and_nsmb2/

I used http://boxingday.nintendo.com/ and a print out of the Canadian Target ad which showed Luigi's Mansion, NSMB2, Dream Team, and MK7 for $14.99 and PM'd at TRU. YMMV because it is from a Canada Target ad, but the employees at TRU didn't even care and PM'd no problem. I originally tried at BBY and was one PM away until the manager got sketch and denied me because it didn't show on Target's website.

I picked up NSMB2 and Dream Team but unfortunately Luigi's Mansion was sold out at my TRU. Super Mario 3D World also shows up as $34.99 if you want that.

Here's the ad for people who want to print it out.

vcQydXq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I might try to PM this by bringing up the flyer using Target's Canadian website on my phone. I have a feeling I would be denied at my store if I just tried showing them that Nintendo site and bringing in a printout that says "Boxing Day" on it could let them know it's Canadian. Here it is for anyone who is interested in trying...

http://flyers.target.ca/flyers/targetcanada-weeklyad?sf_any=true&flyer_run_id=14881&type=1&locale=en&postal_code=k1a%200b1&store_code=3746#!/flyers/targetcanada-weeklyad?flyer_run_id=14881

I went to two Best Buys and a TRU; all of them denied me the match for Dream Team. Definitely very YMMV. 

What do you mean dual prices? It's $14.99 for the 3DS games and $34.99 for the console ones.
He means it says $14.99 or $34.99 and doesn't explicitly specify which is which and is something retailers will often use to wiggle out of having to match a price.

OP you are amazing! 

I got Amazon to price match for me! :) 

Chat Below: 

You are now connected to Amazon from Amazon.com

Me:

I am looking to get Super Mario 3D World and at Target is currently showing $34.99 instead of $59.99. I have submitted to Amazon of the lower price, do you know if I buy it for that price through you?

http://boxingday.nintendo.com

http://i.imgur.com/vcQydXq.jpg

Amazon:

Hello this is (AMAZON REP), do you mean for a price matching of this item?. Can you please tell me more about it?

Me:

Hello (AMAZON REP), good Sunday to you! :)

Sure, Target is currently having a deal on some games, I am interested in (1) Super Mario 3D world

Amazon:

Hi. Good Sunday to you too

Me:

http://i.imgur.com/vcQydXq.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/vcQydXq.jpg shows the flyer that Target is currently doing

I wanted to know, since I've been a loyal customer to Amazon if they could price adjust so I could buy, I have (1) item in my cart, ready to buy.

Amazon:

Okay, Let me check on that first Joe, give me a minute or two,

Me:

Thank you very much!

Amazon:

you're welcome

Is this Target you mentioned is also a retailer like amazon?

Me:

Target is both a brick a mortar store but also is a retailer like Amazon

and has an online store

Amazon:

oh I see, Joe we don't do price match to the other retailer, but for one time exception I will give you a promotional certificate for the difference of the price between Amazon and Target, will that be okay with you?

Me:

Oh, that would be great! Thank you!

Amazon:

you're welcome Joe, since the difference of the price is $25, so I will issue a Promotional Certificate for $25, okay?

Me:

Yes, thank you very much!

Amazon:

You're very much welcome. So I already issued the promo and you will receive a confirmation email regarding to it.

Me:

Thank you very much (AMAZON REP)!

Amazon:

you're welcome Joe, Is there anything else I can help you?

Me:

No, you've been great! A+ customer service! :)

Amazon:

Pleasure is all mine! I hope you have a lovely evening.

Me:

You as well!

So yeah, I got it for $34.96 without taxes and free shipping!

Having lost my job recently this is truly a great post christmas gift to myself. Thanks OP! 

Proof: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a31/CollegeJoe/ScreenShot2013-12-29at53938PM_zps9383984b.png

Dang. I'd snag another copy of Luigi's Mansion just to gift to someone. But I'm binge watching Eastbound & Down and don't feel inclined to run around town searching for a PM.

Anyone stupid enough to PM this should be fired.

EDIT: So, I just checked the reddit link. LOL, several people have actually gotten away w/ this. Really now? I don't know what to think.

He means it says $14.99 or $34.99 and doesn't explicitly specify which is which and is something retailers will often use to wiggle out of having to match a price.
A thousand times this. I worked retail for years and this is the reason I think a lot of places wouldn't price match it, besides the obvious fact that it's Target Canada. We're told it has to specifically state that THAT item is THAT price, and the way it's listed is to ambiguous.

Although I may try to PM this somewhere, worth a shot.

A thousand times this. I worked retail for years and this is the reason I think a lot of places wouldn't price match it, besides the obvious fact that it's Target Canada. We're told it has to specifically state that THAT item is THAT price, and the way it's listed is to ambiguous.

Although I may try to PM this somewhere, worth a shot.
Yep, when I was at BBY even if there was one item and it said 50% off directly on the item and even had a regular price underneath it they wouldn't do it half the time. Also why retailers make their ads vaguely ambiguous.

If anyone has luck with this at any US retailer, please let us know.

I suppose I could try contacting Amazon CS. But I'm not holding my breath there either.

Yep, when I was at BBY even if there was one item and it said 50% off directly on the item and even had a regular price underneath it they wouldn't do it half the time. Also why retailers make their ads vaguely ambiguous.
I think it has changed for some retailers, but when places first offered price matching, they would not match percentage sales. It had to directly state the sale price, not the percentage off. I think some places have laxed on that.

Just tried Amazon CS, and they copy/pasted some bogus rules as to why they do not price match, saying if they did they could not offer low prices.

Just tried Amazon CS, and they copy/pasted some bogus rules as to why they do not price match, saying if they did they could not offer low prices.
How in the world do you get mad at amazon for not price matching target canada? Seriously?

Also, amazon doesn't price match.

Sorry, I may have worded it incorrectly, I'm not mad at them at all, I didn't expect them to PM it, I just thought the reason they gave me was odd.

And Amazon has PM'd places in the past, that's why they have the "Tell us about a lower price" link.

Definitely will be trying to PM for Luigis Mansion and Dream Team, been dying to play luigis mansion, I've just been looking for a good price on it, hopefully ill come out with a PM (With my luck its not going to happen)

Can't find it in store at his local Target in Canada?
K. Point is, Amazon rarely (if ever) pricematches. They may lower the price after enough requests, but they don't typically do it on a customer by customer basis. Everyone knows that. Seems like it'd be a lot easier just to go to another brick and mortar if you were in fact "Canadian".

What do you mean dual prices? It's $14.99 for the 3DS games and $34.99 for the console ones.
LOL ... no no, in Canada things are different you see ... there has to be a French price and then a smaller price in English ... such a new and foreign land up North ... (jk :D )

All my stores actually call over to check price and stock, so I guess I don't have enough incompetent employees for me to ever have a chance to get in on these shady price matching practices.

After a couple of failed attempts, Amazon adjusted the Dream Team for me. Amazon's where it's at!

Those are some amazing prices. Would love to to pick up MK7 for a friend at that price and a copy for myself. Nintendo, why you no bring awesome sales like these down to U.S. (although

Successful price match at Toys R Us for Luigi's Mansion for $14.99. Manager figured the top games were $14.99 and bottom were $34.99. May try again tomorrow for NSMB2 or M&L DT

I just got generic responses that had nothing to do with what I was asking them. One of the responses was telling me about how that lightning deal ended a couple hours ago.....when it was never a lightning deal.
Yeah, I just got denied by Amazon as well. Generic price match response. Oh well, it seemed like it was at least worth a shot.

Just got done playing the smallest violin for an Amazon rep on their live chat.... and.... no dice. Claimed they don't price match blah blah only exceptions are for tvs and cell phone plans. Then she recommended that I report the lower price. I told her how frustrating that is, especially never knowing what the golden tipping point is for getting the price adjusted. She coddled me... then said she didn't know the exact number of people reporting the lower price it would take... blargh!! Luigi and Mario Kart, you elude me still!!

Some what related to this topic as people are talking about trying to get amazon to price match. But somehow i managed to get Amazon to price match the Assassins creed Limited Edition for Xbox One from Best Buy for 59.99.  Pretty stoked about this!

Got denied at Amazon just now. I tried pushing it, just kept saying she was sorry lol. Gonna try like every Bestbuy/Toysrus/Walmart/Target around my area and hopefully i get a seasonal employee who will do it lol. :p I think id have better luck if i printed out the actual AD. Gonna try printing pages 1-7 that Konfusion posted. Will post results.

Just got Best Buy, Amazon, Macy's, Wal-Mart, and Circuit City to pricematch.
Seriously? How'd that go?

bread's done
Back