Stand by for Titanfall!

jedi0077

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I cannot wait for this game! I havent taken time off work to play games since..... Wrath of the Lich King? Halo 2? Its going to be a blast!

While I think the games does look very good so far I'm holding out hype until we see more of it. Seems like it's been a lot of talk and not a lot of show so far which feels odd given the games supposed release date in 3 months.

I read the title and thought you were gonna link this.

http://youtu.be/t7voGJf6l5I

Yeah, the original Infinity Ward working on a new game is promising but then everybody saw it, a few got to play it, and first impressions were oh man this was good. As someone starved of Mech combat, Mechwarrior vet, I can't wait for this.

While I think the games does look very good so far I'm holding out hype until we see more of it. Seems like it's been a lot of talk and not a lot of show so far which feels odd given the games supposed release date in 3 months.
I dunno, most everyone who played it had nothing but glowing things to say. Certainly after the disappointment of COD GHOSTS there's going to be a healthy dose of shooter fans for Titanfall and I can see this being a huge asset for the Xbox One -- provided it's what most everyone has claimed it is.

I was actually afraid it was going to be like mechwarrior lol. These mechs really can move but they are not invinceable and players without titans or "pilots" are far from hopeless against them. Hopefully it delivers!

As long as the online play is good it'll be fine. The issue is the balance of being out the suit and out of the mech. If you get in a mech and it's taken out in 10 seconds then that's a problem or if it can barely be taken out that can cause frustration. Key word for this game is balance. Also the spawn system...if I'm in a mech and I'm killing people I don't want some one to spawn right behind me and take me out in 10 seconds.

Key word for this game is balance.
Yeah if you watch any of the developer interviews they started on that very early on.

I'm loving all the parkour actions pilots can do outside of the Mech. There was great gameplay mechanics in Brink, unfortunately the rest of that game was not good.

I don't get the criticism that if you're in a Mech as in Mechwarrior that you'd be undefeatable. Take out the guy's legs, whole colossal Mech is down and up for salvage!

This game looks and plays very fluidly, from what I've heard, and it's amazing considering it's running on a custom tweaked Source engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
ha. yea I tend to take off alot for releases these days. my work is cool with it so thats what I usually prefer to use my vacation time on. Ill take off for titan fall for sure. maybe a few days, cant wait either man

If it lives up to the hype it'll be a staple of the X1, and a game that can sell systems. I'm pretty excited to get my hands on it. Will likely be a day I skip class so I can play it lol

As long as the online play is good it'll be fine. The issue is the balance of being out the suit and out of the mech. If you get in a mech and it's taken out in 10 seconds then that's a problem or if it can barely be taken out that can cause frustration. Key word for this game is balance. Also the spawn system...if I'm in a mech and I'm killing people I don't want some one to spawn right behind me and take me out in 10 seconds.
Since all the game is is online play I would hope the online play is good. lol.

I can't wait for it, though I doubt I'll be able to get it for quite some time, but it'll be on a list of games to get at some point. 

6v6 Multiplayer and locked at 720p once again. I'll pass...
I don't think its fair to write off the game just because of those things. You should at least play it first. I was a little surprised by 6v6 at first but I trust Respawn's decision after some of the comments from them.

6v6 Multiplayer and locked at 720p once again. I'll pass...
My god can people on the internet be daft. This is not just at you but I'm seeing everyone left and right calling the chicken before it hatches here.

True 6 on 6 human players sounds disappointing, wonder if having the 360 companion on the platforms list caused this, but every match will be scattered with AI running a muck so it'll still feel like chaotic virtual war.

I don't care what resolution it is as long as it's that crisp "Call of Duty 60 fps", which everybody had stated after their initial game hands-on with the demo.

My god can people on the internet be daft. This is not just at you but I'm seeing everyone left and right calling the chicken before it hatches here.

True 6 on 6 human players sounds disappointing, wonder if having the 360 companion on the platforms list caused this, but every match will be scattered with AI running a muck so it'll still feel like chaotic virtual war.

I don't care what resolution it is as long as it's that crisp "Call of Duty 60 fps", which everybody had stated after their initial game hands-on with the demo.
Multi-Player Only Shooters are not my cup of tea, but when they announced it they made it sound more like a MAG or Warhawk in terms of scale. Instead it seems to be more like a Halo game. 12 Player Multi-Player is fine, but when they announced it I expected 32 players minimum since that's what Warhawk/Starhawk did up to 256 players like MAG.

As it stands now, I just don't understand the hype.

how do you think it's a very big mistake for Microsoft to be doing it with the 360. and honestly the resolution is big disappointment for me I can't believe that they can't get it at 1080 P? very disappointing

Jedi, resolution takes a hit if you want to get that 60 fps. You might have a bigger resolution on the Xbox One and PC versions or even an update later on like other games have done in the past.

IGN Podcast discusses the player count and guesses the 360 developer for Titanfall.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/01/08/titanfall-why-6-vs-6-is-fine-podcast-unlocked

Good analogy talking about the AI as the mob from a MOBA game, not as smart as human but will give up a decent fight.

Seriously everyone, I mean everyone, I've heard that has played the game, community and journalist alike, says it's really fun. I'm pretty sure the devs know what they're doing.

KillerRamen, I understand that but Titanfall is a hybrid, it has single player events and rich story that goes along with its multiplayer mayhem.

I understand all that. But it's the principal of "next gen" being the same not better than old tech. Why they put it on 360 boggles the mind. Titan could move consoles.

I know nobody likes the bots, but according to the developer each team can have 12 AI Bots, which added to the 12 player count, and 12 Titan count would be 48 players.

6v6 would sound so much better if it was 6v6v6. This 6v6 news is going to kill the game before it launches.

I'm going to not complain and reserve judgement until it comes out and I can play it.

But what I do have to say is, rewatching that E3 Trailer with the new knowledge that the game is loaded with bots. I have to say a lot of those kills make the AI look really dumb.

Of course that could just be intentionally done to show off the "Cool kills" but it still looks silly.

Even though I'm not into Titanfall (I'm just not an MP guy, really), that statue is impressive and I think worth the $250.  But, this new controller.......I must have this.  Way cool.

ku-xlarge.png

bread's done
Back