Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Ryse - $39.99 at Best Buy ($31.99 w/ Gamer Unlocked)

Wow never seen console launch games drop as fast as the main XB1 exclusives in a long time. I can't recall this happening with the 360/PS3, not sure about before that. But 33% within 5 weeks of a console launch is pretty insane, more so with GCU, but that's not really relevant IMO.

Mmm, I don't even have a Xone yet and that's damn tempting.  Only enough GC for one and would want both Forza and DR.

I think I'll wait for lower price for Dead Rising 3. Great deals though for 1 month old exclusive XBO games

Last edited by a moderator:
Highly recommend Ryse and Dead Rising 3, they're both really underrated. Forza 5 got boring fast but I might not be into racers as the reasoning.

Anyone know if I'll be able to, or have any trouble price adjusting Ryse? I bought it for $60($48 after GCU) a couple days before Xmas.

Can't find the Best Buy Holiday Price Match page. Does that mean we can't PM this anymore?
Think if your elite you have a week to price match. I'm on the fence on a few of these I bought last week with the $40 in giftcard deal. I'm betting they can't price match since the giftcard was considered a package deal.

Non-holiday should be 14 days for a BB post price match, same as the normal return window unless it changed recently.

I want to try and price match but I do not feel like waiting forever on hold. I am happy with the 39.99 matchwood it's gift card and the 25 gc I got last Friday.

I just ordered DR 3, Forza 5, and Xbox One for instore pickup!!  I was going to get just DR3 and Xbox one today, but I couldn't resist $31.99 price of Forza 5.  Now I have PS4 and Xbox One.  I just hope both consoles get lots of exclusive games.

Its because the PS4 is kicking the XBO arse.
Sales appear to be very good for both systems, while the PS4 is likely doing better it's certainly not destroying the Xbox One in sales.

Honestly I find this sale surprising, these are really good games, and given the fact that Knack sucked hard (I actually played it I'm not just saying that) and Killzone was pretty meh to me I would expect them to be on sale as well.

Can anyone answer this. I bought Day One DR3 and Forza 5 for $47.99 on 11/22 (still in the Elite Plus pm window). Will they give me a price adjustment on these? The SKUs are different so I'm not sure the would, has anyone tried? I'm start to regret getting D1 editions if I can't, that's an extra $32 I should/could get back.

No dice on a price match, they immediately knew I had received the $25 gc with the 2 games ... damn, saving $20 would have been nicer than a giftcard ...

just my luck too haha, was gonna trade dead rising yesterday and saw it only got $30 instead of $40

oh well

might pick up Forza
Glad I flipped my copies last Saturday then. I was going to wait for that trade in 3 games get a select title for $9.99, but I already have Killzone, Knack, and COD Ghosts for PS4. Also not knowing what those titles were made me skeptical as well. I'm shocked that launch games are less than $40 already as well.

Can anyone answer this. I bought Day One DR3 and Forza 5 for $47.99 on 11/22 (still in the Elite Plus pm window). Will they give me a price adjustment on these? The SKUs are different so I'm not sure the would, has anyone tried? I'm start to regret getting D1 editions if I can't, that's an extra $32 I should/could get back.
It's unlikely since they're different items technically, as silly as it is.

It was also more readily available. I sold my Wii U to a CAG on here, I just didn't care for the thing. I find the X1 and PS4 to both be infinitely better.
The X1 has been readily available since... all of December. That had no effect on sales this past month.

VGChartz is about the worst source to quote for anything sales related. They tend to guess everything. Should be waiting for official NPD numbers before saying anything.
Probably right but where there is smoke there is fire. As much crap as the Wii U gets the M&L bundles have been selling really well lately.

No dice on a price match, they immediately knew I had received the $25 gc with the 2 games ... damn, saving $20 would have been nicer than a giftcard ...
I don't see how they can deny it. They were offering one promotion last week, but honoring a price match should be another thing.

I'll probably give it a go later today to see if I can get a match.

Think if your elite you have a week to price match. I'm on the fence on a few of these I bought last week with the $40 in giftcard deal. I'm betting they can't price match since the giftcard was considered a package deal.

Non-holiday should be 14 days for a BB post price match, same as the normal return window unless it changed recently.

Says 15 days on their policy but close enough.
I bought DR3, Forza, and Ryse back in November actually. I was referring to the Holiday exception period where they do post purchase PM's all throughout Nov/Dec. I just did a PM to last week's sales price but I wasn't sure what the end date of the holiday PM period exactly was.

It's unlikely since they're different items technically, as silly as it is.
Sucks. I'll try my luck in the morning.

I wish I could see how much the D1 versions are but they aren't on website by searching. I can find it by google but it shows out of stock with no price.

I don't see how they can deny it. They were offering one promotion last week, but honoring a price match should be another thing.

I'll probably give it a go later today to see if I can get a match.
Well, it's basically stacking promos ... this is Best Buy we're talking about, if there's a way to deny it, they'll find it ...

I bought DR3, Forza, and Ryse back in November actually. I was referring to the Holiday exception period where they do post purchase PM's all throughout Nov/Dec. I just did a PM to last week's sales price but I wasn't sure what the end date of the holiday PM period exactly was.
The special holiday price match ended Christmas Eve.

You can push the issue but they are different SKU's, Bestbuy is a stickler for that. Unless anybody can confirm the Day one editions ring up the same price it's going to be hard to get a price match at Best Buy.

Here are the SKU's for anybody interested when the store opens tomorrow, they show up OOS online. Good luck to you all and thanks for posting OP!

Dead Rising 3 - Day One Edition: 9441094

Forza 5 - Day One Edition: 9008359

Ryse: Son of Rome - Day One Edition: 9810586

You can push the issue but they are different SKU's, Bestbuy is a stickler for that. Unless anybody can confirm the Day one editions ring up the same price it's going to be hard to get a price match at Best Buy.

Here are the SKU's for anybody interested when the store opens tomorrow, they show up OOS online. Good luck to you all and thanks for posting OP!

Thanks for the skus. I'll call my store and check stock on Ryse. I'm in for a day one edition other wise ill just do without it.

That's what I'm hoping, that they're the same price. I'll try in the morning, I'll be happy if they're the same price as reg.

Um ya good prices but after getting portables this holiday season my time is so consumed. DR3 and a Ryse can wait till 20$ if not lower.

also, best buy's  extended holiday return period until Jan 15th means if you bought these release week, you can buy them again now and return them with your Nov receipt and get the difference.

You can get the price match even if you got that promo. Tell them that you know they're BS'ing you and that you are allowed to get a price match.

Just put in an order for Forza 5.  I hated on that game due to the micro transactions.  It sounds like they fixed a lot of that??

I already bought, played and sold the other two games.

bread's done
Back