Best Buy New Years Deals

da kid banks

CAGiversary!
Apparently these deals end Jan. 4th.... hey everybody let's band together and report these prices to Amazon so that we can get in on these deals MINUS tax!

$95 Bond 50 w/Skyfall (24 discs)
$67 Friday the 13th: The Complete Collection (10 discs / 1 is DVD) + UV/DC
$57 Weeds: The Complete Series (16 discs) + UV/DC
$53 Band of Brothers & Pacific (13 discs)
$50 Deadwood: The Complete Series (13 discs)
$33 Rome: The Complete Series (10 discs)
$29 Star Wars Trilogy Original or Prequel (6 discs / 3 are DVDs)
$19 Alien Anthology (6 discs)
$15 The Terminator Anthology (5 discs)
$15 Underworld: The Legacy Collection (4 discs)
$14 Ice Age Trilogy (3 discs)
$13 Die Hard 25th Anniversary (5 discs)
$13 Planet of the Apes 5-Film Collection (5 discs)
$13 X-Men Trilogy (9 discs / 3 are expired digital copies on DVDs)

Woah, when does this expire? May have to go to BB this weekend and get the Underworld collection. 

*Edit* Woops Jan 4th see it now in the post. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently these deals end Jan. 4th.... hey everybody let's band together and report these prices to Amazon so that we can get in on these deals MINUS tax!

$95 Bond 50 w/Skyfall (24 discs)
$67 Friday the 13th: The Complete Collection (10 discs / 1 is DVD) + UV/DC
$57 Weeds: The Complete Series (16 discs) + UV/DC
$53 Band of Brothers & Pacific (13 discs)
$50 Deadwood: The Complete Series (13 discs)
$33 Rome: The Complete Series (10 discs)
$29 Star Wars Trilogy Original or Prequel (6 discs / 3 are DVDs)
$19 Alien Anthology (6 discs)
$15 The Terminator Anthology (5 discs)
$15 Underworld: The Legacy Collection (4 discs)
$14 Ice Age Trilogy (3 discs)
$13 Die Hard 25th Anniversary (5 discs)
$13 Planet of the Apes 5-Film Collection (5 discs)
$13 X-Men Trilogy (9 discs / 3 are expired digital copies on DVDs)
Rome on Blu-Ray is $33. The DVD sets are priced at $32.50 total separately...but the Blu-Ray disks separate are more expensive. FWIW, the First Season is incredible. Second season is pretty good, but because the show was getting axed for being too expensive (BBC and HBO backed this, and it seemed to cost around $100M for the first season alone; now HBO won't mind investing $70M into Game of Thrones and doing insta-renewal for next season not long after the season premieres), they did have to rush the story along to a reasonable conclusion, so don't have it against the producers if the last few episodes seem to jump all over the place. Otherwise, it's worth it to own the first season and watch Ciaran Hinds portray Julius Caesar (and now he's doing Mance Rayder on Game of Thrones).

We can get an even better deal if we can get Amazon to price match the best ones so that we can get these minus tax
Tried to do a PM on Die Hard, but Amazon.com isn't letting me. They pushed a third-party to the front of their buying list, so I can't do a PM link on it. =/

Terminator is live for $15, though. Underworld is still normal price.

Alright. Managed to get Underworld and Die Hard for $28. =) Going to go pick them up soon...much as I am tempted to get Terminator for $15...I do not know.

Update: Sold out of Terminator but I got my Die Hard and Underworld collections for $28. The Underworld box is effing huge while Die Hard is so nice and compact.

Incredibly disappointed that I got all five individual blu rays of Die Hard on Black Friday for $35 and thought it was a good deal.......

We can get an even better deal if we can get Amazon to price match the best ones so that we can get these minus tax
I believe there are very few states that don't get taxed on Amazon these days. I won't even bother pointing out "use tax" to you...

Yeah, almost every state requires Amazon to tax now. The last I checked there's less than 10 states now that still don't do it. Mine started in the fall, fuckers.

Okay...Underworld set is each individual Blu-Ray case in a cardboard box. Die Hard's in a hardcover booket with cardboard inserts for each Blu-Ray disc. I think the Underworld set could have benefited from a smaller profile case, but I don't care for $15.

A little late in the sale for me to make my way in here, but there are some pretty sweet deals on DVD sets at Best Buy as well. I picked up Six Feet Under complete series for $56 and That 70s Show complete series for $25. Both were matched by Amazon.  Lots of other random DVD sets on sale as well (King of Queens series for $18, Eastbound and Down seasons $12.50 a piece, and a few other that escape my memory).

I assume Best Buy is trying to clear out some of these bulkier DVD sets as they transition to carrying much less physical media.

Damn, Underworld collection is sold out at every Best Buy in my area :(
I would suggest going to your local store and checking it out. My local store showed as being out of stock as well. I stopped in after work and found 2 sets in the alphabetical isle with the other Underworld movies. Great deal on these.

I would suggest going to your local store and checking it out. My local store showed as being out of stock as well. I stopped in after work and found 2 sets in the alphabetical isle with the other Underworld movies. Great deal on these.
I think they set it so that if they go less than 3 copies on something, they take it out of in-store pickup. They did this for Die Hard and I nabbed one of the two copies left...Underworld was aplenty (with Terminator) when I saw in-store pickup options.

I guess I'll go to the two closest tomorrow and check it out.

You were right! I went to the two nearest me. One didn't have any but the other one had 1 left and I grabbed it!

Thanks for the headsup

I ended up getting: James Bond, Farscape 15th complete, Die-Hard 25th and Rome Complete Series.

Thanks for the heads up OP. Was able to get both the Underworld and Die Hard collections earlier today before the sale ended. 

Picked them both up for essentially $18, as I returned something I bought on Black Friday for $15, and got a $27 gift card. And ended up having to only pay $3 out of pocket. 

I think they set it so that if they go less than 3 copies on something, they take it out of in-store pickup. They did this for Die Hard and I nabbed one of the two copies left...Underworld was aplenty (with Terminator) when I saw in-store pickup options.
Thanks for the information. Good to know for future sales.

bread's done
Back