* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy: 5X Points on In Store purchases, Friday through Saturday. $30 off Select 3DS XL Systems.

#211 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1033 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:08 PM

So funny thing, I bought a new macbook pro tonight to get the 5x points. And the girl forgot to add my rwz account. How much of a pain will it be to get credited for the points?

#212 Tarskidx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   586 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:13 PM

In store they cannot make the 5X points to kick in since the deal is dead. You can always add the receipt to your Best Buy Rewards and it should kick in . However, you may need to call the 1-800 Best Buy number and explain the situation and provide the PIN and they will be able to apply the promotion post purchase.

#213 Tarskidx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   586 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

Man I absolutely loved this promotion. I bought $200 in game points across all 3 systems and found a Xbox One Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag CE in store and got it for $59.99 which totaled 1550 points. Yesterday I went back and did a return and rebuy with anything I bought in the past 45 days which could be done (no Black Friday deals, past game points cards or use of gift cards/reward zone). I had about $1100 they could do for me and had no problem doing it. I did lose the points that already applied, but in the end I gained over 7,000 more points for things I already bought. So I basically bought a game that is a steal at that price and some game card points on Friday for 1550 points and spent some extra time to redo my past transactions and I gained an additional 7,000 points.

The best thing about doing the return and repurchase means that all of these purchases will now count towards my 2014 Elite Plus status and I don't have to anything else as I am more than halfway there even with the Elite Plus reset. 8,550 points for $170 extra RWZ certs added to my existing points will mean that I am well on my way to buying any new version or next gen game system (handheld, console) for free. I have not cashed in on my RWZ certs until the PS4 and Xbox One came out and I got both for free and that felt good to just have them scan those certs and walking out the door without pulling out my wallet.

#214 6er   Hoping "The Wall" has Gold doors CAGiversary!   2794 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

If they see a massive uptick in sales this weekend you can bet they will do it again.

If they don't look at items bought and see all the massive purchases(from our prepaid visa thing) that would catch their attention.

#215 @FIF   Salty Dog CAGiversary!   2058 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

I have not cashed in on my RWZ certs until the PS4 and Xbox One came out and I got both for free and that felt good to just have them scan those certs and walking out the door without pulling out my wallet.

Funny. Those are the only two purchases I made last year without applying certs and/or GC's. Extra year or AMEX warranty was worth revolving them through CC, IMO, given poor reliability of early consoles last generation.

#216 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11542 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

If they see a massive uptick in sales this weekend you can bet they will do it again.

If they don't look at items bought and see all the massive purchases(from our prepaid visa thing) that would catch their attention.

They won't notice, it is BestBuy, most of the time they have absolutely no idea what's going on within their chains.

#217 romeogbs19   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   2473 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

romeogbs19

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:16 PM

Really trying to cut down on games this year did pick up Zelda for my 3DS ... pricematched Kmart for 34.99 .... a little bit more than I'd like to pay but the 5x pnts (I'm also elite plus) make it worthwhile

#218 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:04 PM

So funny thing, I bought a new macbook pro tonight to get the 5x points. And the girl forgot to add my rwz account. How much of a pain will it be to get credited for the points?

Just add them via the mybestbuy missing pts/missing transaction. It will usually take the full 14 days to show. If not there after 14 goto the forums page less hassle.

remember outside of gaming CAG reach @ BB is relatively small. Where this deal really made tons for BB comes from the big ticket items & warranties.attached to them. That`s also why these are in-store only they want ppl to overspend now(using GC`s from x-mas) for pts and then use the pts(most people have never had 5-10k in pts) again for another big ticket item later. Even with the visa`s the fees are true profit just ask the banks and BB has the highest fees per dollar. I did post suggesting getting $500 load limit cards since the total # of cards was a con sistant complaint from CAGers.
http://www.forums.be...-s/idi-p/763707

Also, since there will be alot more elite plus CAGers remember 2x/3x pts are a staple of the elite plus shopping events so if you missed out here you can make up for it a little. I`m requesting an increase to 5x bonus at the events since elite plus is higher than silver, maybe that`s why this one was 5x.
http://www.forums.be...us/idi-p/766033

#219 4thHorseman   The New God CAGiversary!   2451 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

4thHorseman

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:56 PM

Question for anyone who knows:

The wife and I bought a washer and dryer on Friday night. I see that it's showing on my account, but instead of the $1500+ purchase, I'm showing $19.95 for each item, and $2.98 for the 2-year plan on each of them.

Do the points update AGAIN usually, or are they normally right the first time? Need to know whether to put in a missing points request now or wait another couple days.

#220 johngonzalo21   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   35 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

johngonzalo21

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:09 PM

I made a purchase of about $4,300 how much is that in gift certificates? 

It was on that 5X friday and saturday only deal. 

Thanks 

#221 HakurenKyo06   Duane Follower. CAGiversary!   1772 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

HakurenKyo06

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:09 PM

The wife and I bought a washer and dryer on Friday night. I see that it's showing on my account, but instead of the $1500+ purchase, I'm showing $19.95 for each item, and $2.98 for the 2-year plan on each of them.

Do the points update AGAIN usually, or are they normally right the first time? Need to know whether to put in a missing points request now or wait another couple days.

How did you pay?

#222 HakurenKyo06   Duane Follower. CAGiversary!   1772 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

HakurenKyo06

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

Thanks 

You need more info, if you have gamers club, payment etc before anyone can help you or you can use the outline people have provided to figure it out yourself.

#223 johngonzalo21   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   35 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

johngonzalo21

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:17 PM

How did you pay?

$4200 Cash and debit, but like about $100 in best buy gift cards. 

#224 HyperG   GamersVlog.com CAGiversary!   2892 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:17 PM

We bought a washer and dryer last weekend and it's showing the full amounts. Did you purchase the parts to hook up the washer/dryer, since that might be what you are seeing? Might want to do a request, shouldn't hurt. I was told that the 5x should be added even if you report missing points, as long as it was bought Friday/Saturday. I'm not seeing my purchases from last night, so might have to report my missing points too.

#225 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

Thanks

Base 21,500 = $430
25% bonus Add 1075= $20 if your already silver/elite plus
Could be more or less depending on how you paid/what you bought

#226 4thHorseman   The New God CAGiversary!   2451 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

4thHorseman

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:26 PM

How did you pay?

Their My Best Buy Card

We bought a washer and dryer last weekend and it's showing the full amounts. Did you purchase the parts to hook up the washer/dryer, since that might be what you are seeing? Might want to do a request, shouldn't hurt. I was told that the 5x should be added even if you report missing points, as long as it was bought Friday/Saturday. I'm not seeing my purchases from last night, so might have to report my missing points too.

Nope, no accessories. Just the washer/dryer/warranty.

I'll put in a request. Thanks!

#227 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

$4200 Cash and debit, but like about $100 in best buy gift cards.

$420 base
+$20 if you`re elite plus

#228 6er   Hoping "The Wall" has Gold doors CAGiversary!   2794 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:04 PM

Thanks

If your not elite or using a BBY CV then its 5 x 4300 = 21,500 points.....but.....

Really? There are dozens of examples posted. I myself have answered several of these posts, but this is getting ridulous. We have broken it down so simply, so many times, all you need to do is use a calculator app.

#229 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3461 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

don't recall if I mentioned this earlier, but my GCU renewal got the GCU bonus points.  So for $30 on the BB CC with the 5X promo, it looked like this:

• Purchases 30
  • RZGC Everyday Bonus Point Promo 30
  • My Best Buy Credit Card bonus 45
  • New Year 5X Bonus 120
total:  225 points (almost a $5 cert)

#230 sjc1279   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   261 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

what 2-year plan?    if you used the bestbuy credit card with special financing then you don't receive 5x points.

#231 4thHorseman   The New God CAGiversary!   2451 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

4thHorseman

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:11 PM

what 2-year plan?    if you used the bestbuy credit card with special financing then you don't receive 5x points.

2-Year protection plan to replace them if anything happened. I show the 5x points on the total points earned, just not sure where the totals are coming from on the items themselves.

#232 inky1600   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1565 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

2-Year protection plan to replace them if anything happened. I show the 5x points on the total points earned, just not sure where the totals are coming from on the items themselves.

If you chose promotional credit then that kills any bonus points you would get on the credit card. That should not effect the 5X points on the base though.

#233 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40026 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

If I spend $1 how many points will I get?

I'm elite plus.

#234 inky1600   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1565 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:37 PM

That`s why I love the elite shopping events the stacks are amazing.
Are you gonna use the $267 to score a super cheap next gen console?

I actually went back for two more $200 cards lol. So I actually got over $300 in rewards. Your tips are awesome enuf thank you!

But I already have 2 ps3, 2 3DSXLs , a vita, a WiiU, and a ps4. I think an XBone would be overkill at this point since there is only so much gaming time as my backlog clearly indicates ;) I already had $190 in reward certs banked so I think I will just bank the $500 in total credit for the summer when I am due for phone upgrades for me and the wife. That should totally cover a samsung galaxy note 3 for me and samsung galaxy 5 for her if its out by
then. Best buy has been very good to me over the last few years

#235 6er   Hoping "The Wall" has Gold doors CAGiversary!   2794 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

If I spend $1 how many points will I get?

I'm elite plus.

Thank You. Was starting to think I was the only one.

#236 Enuf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8191 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:05 PM

I actually went back for two more $200 cards lol. So I actually got over $300 in rewards. Your tips are awesome enuf thank you!
But I already have 2 ps3, 2 3DSXLs , a vita, a WiiU, and a ps4. I think an XBone would be overkill at this point since there is only so much gaming time as my backlog clearly indicates ;) I already had $190 in reward certs banked so I think I will just bank the $500 in total credit for the summer when I am due for phone upgrades for me and the wife. That should totally cover a samsung galaxy note 3 for me and samsung galaxy 5 for her if its out by
then. Best buy has been very good to me over the last few years

Then you should be all over the 5,000 rz pts for phone deals when they start up that`s like a $100 credit per phone back to you. They usually start these deals in the spring or around a new phone release. Nothing better than paying $150-$200 & getting $100 back.

Glad so many people were able to get elite plus or close to it. It makes elite plus stronger & more deals/promos can be targeted.

#237 dasme313   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   363 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:16 PM

Anyone's points show pending yet? I bought a bunch of the Visa prepaids yesterday and I'm not sure when to expect the transaction to show up. And thanks for all the tips across this thread.

#238 Mippo   One and Only CAGiversary!   195 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:43 PM

I bought a bunch of Visa Pre-Paids yesterday as well, nothing has shown up yet.  I checked on the website and it says it can take up to 15 days for purchases to appear.

What worries me about it is I signed up for Hulu Plus about 5-6 months ago through Best Buy, and never received the points for it so I sent it in to Hulu around December 26th, and they said their Best Buy rep was out of the office until the beginning of January so I'm worried that someone will be looking at my points and see the 10,000 pending points from the Visa's lol.  I hope they don't try to take them away from me. 

#239 lilbuddy  

lilbuddy

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:06 AM

Bought a Visa GC for $200, if they apply the 25% Elite and 25% Elite + I'll get $28.82 in rewards.

This is what's pending right now:

Purchase - 205

BBY CC - 308

5x - 823

Total = 1336 points

#240 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16273 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:20 AM

This is slightly off topic but since this thread has devolved into a credit card bonus thread, can anyone tell me what the angle is on people maxing out their quarterly 5% rewards is?

So for example, I was reading some credit card forum and the guy mentioned he'd load up on $6000 at the local drugstore for $300 in rewards (Citibank preferred whatever is 5% on drugstores this quarter) and put the card away for the rest of the  year.

Is he planning on buying $6000 worth of prepaid visas ($500x 12), eat the 12x$5.95 in fees and netting ~ +$238?

Cause I have no idea how you could spend $6k on gift cards.  I spend a ton at amazon every year and I wouldn't load up on that much in amazon gift cards.