$5 Amazon Promo Credit for Editor's Choice Best Games of 2013

ea_woods

CAGiversary!
Check your email folders for the promo notification to see if you got the credit. Link and details below.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000728511

"Our Editor's Choice Best Games of 2013 are below. Customers will receive a $5 promotional credit for each qualifying purchase (any purchase from the Digital Games store, excluding free items), but the promotional credits cannot be stacked on top of each other when they are used. Customers who qualify for this promotional credit will receive the notification e-mail on or within 48 hours after January 3, 2014. Please remember: Holiday promotional credits given out for Digital Games purchases cannot be redeemed until January 4, 2014 and must be used by January 31, 2014. "

Last edited by a moderator:
can't be used till the 4th anyways.
Have 2 $5 credits
one from buying Worms Clan Wars, other from FF XIV ARR Collector's edition.
Wonder what I'll possibly buy.

This promo hasn't started yet. I just got done chatting with amazon CS and they said it doesn't apply to past purchases and it doesn't look like promo credit will stack either.

I got one also - can't see using it on a limited selection of games I probably already have ;).

What are the editors choice of best games, is nothing showing up for everybody?
Apparently, since the credits can't be redeemed until Saturday 1/4, they haven't populated the page yet with the choices - even though they already provided a link to the page in the email.

In other words, all of Amazon's UX people are busy working on that drone delivery.

These are my favorite kinds of threads; please disregard the sticky Amazon DVG thread that talks all about this! :p

OT, I got 8.
How is this related to the Amazon DVG thread? I haven't bought a game digitally from Amazon in months and I got one.

The order that triggered it for me was a PS+ 12-month code at the end of November.

How is this related to the Amazon DVG thread? I haven't bought a game digitally from Amazon in months and I got one.

The order that triggered it for me was a PS+ 12-month code at the end of November.
The EC coupons are in direct relation with any purchases from the digital store on Amazon (from early Nov? to 12/31), and thus any purchased codes (PC, Xbox, PS3, Live, PS+, etc) I believe would entitle an account to a $5 dollar coupon off any Editor's Choice games come 1/4.

This is related to the DVG thread because the selection and discussion is largely focused on PC games (or has been in years past).

Hopefully I made this post clear... I'm a little tired.

Sweet, got two of them for buying Aliens: CM for $1.99 and another for TWD: 400 days for $1.49. 

Here's hoping the selection and prices are reasonable to warrant their use, especially since they won't stack for a single purchase. 

The EC coupons are in direct relation with any purchases from the digital store on Amazon (from early Nov? to 12/31), and thus any purchased codes (PC, Xbox, PS3, Live, PS+, etc) I believe would entitle an account to a $5 dollar coupon off any Editor's Choice games come 1/4.

This is related to the DVG thread because the selection and discussion is largely focused on PC games (or has been in years past).

Hopefully I made this post clear... I'm a little tired.
Granted - but my point is that it can have its own thread because it can be triggered by something not related to the Amazon DVG PC deals. I wouldn't have see this discussion if it took place solely in that thread since the deals there don't interest me. And yet I got the coupon - so I'll be waiting to see what they come up with. Hopefully it isn't all PC downloads - but I'm guessing that it may very well be. If they throw in some PSN codes, though, that would be nice.

Granted - but my point is that it can have its own thread because it can be triggered by something not related to the Amazon DVG PC deals. I wouldn't have see this discussion if it took place solely in that thread since the deals there don't interest me. And yet I got the coupon - so I'll be waiting to see what they come up with. Hopefully it isn't all PC downloads - but I'm guessing that it may very well be. If they throw in some PSN codes, though, that would be nice.
Gotcha. My apologies, I didn't even think about this thread's existence when I made my post, I was just trying to explain the relationship (and not so much as saying it didn't belong). I agree though, a lot of people who don't follow that smorgasbord of a thread (said with love) won't have any clue what's going on, so I'm all for this thread.

As for the non PC aspect, I can't remember last year so well this morning... and it was only a few days ago, so I'm off to a bad start. Though it would be nice and helpful for many if consoles were included in some capacity. I don't really see why they couldn't what with Amazon's Digital Playstation store and such, but I guess we'll see.

Got 4 of these. I know Wario said they won't stack but hopefully they will at least work with Xbox Live Cards or PSN Cards with Digital Delivery.

If I can get 4 $5.00 Xbox Gift cards for free that would be pretty nice. :D

Gotcha. My apologies, I didn't even think about this thread's existence when I made my post, I was just trying to explain the relationship (and not so much as saying it didn't belong). I agree though, a lot of people who don't follow that smorgasbord of a thread (said with love) won't have any clue what's going on, so I'm all for this thread.

As for the non PC aspect, I can't remember last year so well this morning... and it was only a few days ago, so I'm off to a bad start. Though it would be nice and helpful for many if consoles were included in some capacity. I don't really see why they couldn't what with Amazon's Digital Playstation store and such, but I guess we'll see.
That's actually an interesting aspect to it this year. Last year Amazon hadn't started selling PSN and XBL stuff through the DVG Department yet. That happened some time this year. Given that those purchases count towards the credit, hopefully they plan to add some stuff for those systems into the mix. So far the prelim list has been all PC games, but it changes throughout the month.

I wouldn't expect any free PSN or XBL credit or for those cards/codes to even be included on the list, but hopefully some games for those systems.

That is so ridiculous that they don't stack. I may not even use them since I've only got til the end of this month...

I got the e-mail this morning, but it is hard to envision using it, when I have gamers club unlocked.  I figure anything I could buy on amazon, even with the coupon, would be cheaper at BB with 20% off.

I received a different $5 promo credit when I purchased BF4 digitally on Black Friday. Would be nice if that one stacked with this promo credit.

That is so ridiculous that they don't stack. I may not even use them since I've only got til the end of this month...
There are people that have 10+ coupons; they were sent to anyone who made digital game purchases of ANY amount.

So you could have purchased 10 $1 games/DLC and received $50 in coupons.

Do you really think Amazon should allow them to stack, so you could end up getting a $50 game for $10? Multiply that times the actual number of coupons - I know some people have many more than 10.

:)

Does anyone know how long Mass Effect Trilogy and Walking Dead will be on sale?  Do these qualify for the best of 2013 promotion?

Uh yes, that's pretty much Amazon's fault for designing the promo poorly then, they probably shouldn't be giving $5 credits if you aren't even spending $5. Also the credit applies to a very limited selection of digital only titles, most of which people probably already own. I could see your argument if it was $5 towards anything but it's very limited what you can even use it on in the first place. I see a lot of these credits not even being used...

Got one for buying a $5 Xbox gift card.  That's probably all I'd buy with this credit, otherwise it'll likely go to waste.

Uh yes, that's pretty much Amazon's fault for designing the promo poorly then, they probably shouldn't be giving $5 credits if you aren't even spending $5. Also the credit applies to a very limited selection of digital only titles, most of which people probably already own. I could see your argument if it was $5 towards anything but it's very limited what you can even use it on in the first place. I see a lot of these credits not even being used...
It is funny how people complain about deals. I got my $5 codes from their already crazily discounted digital sales, so this is just icing on the cake. I am surprised people comparing this deal to BB unlocked. Unlocked requires a subscription fee so it is apple and oranges.

Okay so the not stacking thing, does that mean I just can't use the three I got on the same order or that two of them are completely redundant and I won't be able to use them period?

Hmm any chance non-PC games like PSN games can have these codes availed for?

Otherwise hoping for:

Bioshock Infinite

Enslaved

The Bureau

...off the top of my head atm =P

In other words, console people don't want to hang out with the PC people here.

FWIW the PSN discounts and such have been mentioned in that thread before but granted it's obviously not the main thrust of the thread. Still, the Amazon rep does hang out there so if you have questions about it (like will any console stuff be on the list) and actually want answers it might be better to ask there.

In other words, console people don't want to hang out with the PC people here.

FWIW the PSN discounts and such have been mentioned in that thread before but granted it's obviously not the main thrust of the thread. Still, the Amazon rep does hang out there so if you have questions about it (like will any console stuff be on the list) and actually want answers it might be better to ask there.
People just don't look at stuff they aren't interested in....??? Go figure! People aren't going to read every thread.

Okay so the not stacking thing, does that mean I just can't use the three I got on the same order or that two of them are completely redundant and I won't be able to use them period?
You can't use them on the same game. You got 3 so you are entitled to buying 3 games from the list and using 1 coupon on each. Whether you can do it all on the same order with multiple games or not, I am not sure myself.

Just got five emails for $5 credits each. Supposed to go into effect on Jan 4th through Jan 31st.

Sadly, the credits do not stack. :whistle2:( So no getting a game for $25 off. Lame.

Yep, 5 credits for me too. 2 $10 PSN codes, Killzone Mercenary, Skyrim, and New Vegas. Could've has a sixth but I didn't pull the trigger on the XCOM pack until the first of the month.

Unfortunately, unless Tearaway or any 3DS games included other than Zelda/Pokemon/SMT IV drop down to $20 or less (or if Enemy Within hits $10 and is included despite the PC version being DLC), I probably won't use any of these.

There is no cart for digital purchases, so you can only ever order one thing at a time. Was not expecting to get one for the two PS+ codes I ordered, that's a nice bonus on top of the $5 video credit (that brings my total to 9). I for one am grateful that this is it's own thread as it will be easier to keep track when EC deals happen instead of missing one while shifting through the primary PCDD amazon thread which can sometimes be a bit verbose with its tangents and in-jokes.

So what will probably happen is that amazon will raise the prices back and then you'll "save" $5. Bet you it'll work out to being just the same as the winter deals...most were best of 2013 anyway. Last it wasn't worth it, anyway.

Based on the exact same situation last year ...

1) This can only be used for PC digital download games (some/all for Steam) on the Editor's Choice page. No physical games.

2) This cannot be used on just anything on the Amazon digital store so no XBL/PSN redemptions.

3) Most games will have little discount (i.e. the pickings will be slim), but there will be some discounted games that could be worth getting if you don't already have them.

This is a "no additional charge" bonus on top of making a purchase during the pre-New Year's period on Amazon's digital store.  If you don't find anything you want (a very possible situation based on last year's games), you can choose to not use the $5 code for anything.

Based on the exact same situation last year ...

1) This can only be used for PC digital download games (some/all for Steam) on the Editor's Choice page.
2) This cannot be used on just anything on the Amazon digital store so no XBL/PSN redemptions.
3) Most games will have little discount (i.e. the pickings will be slim), but there will be some discounted games that could be worth getting if you don't already have them.

This is a "no additional charge" bonus on top of making a purchase during the pre-New Year's period on Amazon's digital store. If you don't find anything you want (a very possible situation based on last year's games), you can choose to not use the $5 code for anything.
In hoping they throw some PSN content into the mix this year, since PSN purchases triggered the promo and they're advertising the PSN store so heavily.

The deal most likely was designed to not go into effect until 1/4 so it doesn't combine with the Holiday Sale discounts, we are probably going to notice prices increase back to the pre-holiday prices throughout the day.

I didn't even realize how many digital items I bought until I received 9 promotional credit emails. If you would have asked me I probably would have said I bought one or two digital items from Amazon during the promotional credit timeframe, lol.

If it's just PC downloads I won't be using them. If there are codes to enter, I will post mine if that's the case. However if I can buy Flower (Vita) with it for $1.99 after $5 off, I will definitely do that. :)

If it's just PC downloads I won't be using them. If there are codes to enter, I will post mine if that's the case. However if I can buy Flower (Vita) with it for $1.99 after $5 off, I will definitely do that. :)
If I remember correctly, the email stated the credit has been applied to our account and will be automatically applied to any eligible purchase.

bread's done
Back