EBGames - PSVita 169.99 Ends Jan 6th

I'm "patiently" waiting for a good sale on a memory card of 16gb or more. My 4gb is very much too small now. I can't even update KZ to the latest patch and forget about downloading the free Sonic we got with PS+ until I either finish KZ or buy a new card :/

I'm "patiently" waiting for a good sale on a memory card of 16gb or more. My 4gb is very much too small now. I can't even update KZ to the latest patch and forget about downloading the free Sonic we got with PS+ until I either finish KZ or buy a new card :/
Yeah, I decided to not bother. It only holds 1-2 games, so spending $18 for two seemed like a waste. Especially since I'd have to constantly switch between cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if I should bite on this deal now. I'm pretty sure the PS Vita will eventually drop

I want the 64 gig card already (or better yet 128 gig - that would last me Vita`s probably short life span)

32 gig is full, I have to delete stuff now - deleted ALL my PSOne & PSP games (fine with that gives me reason to use the PSP 3000), so it`s just full Vita games and PSN games & a few PSM games (plus all those bloody patches). Had to delete Touch My Katamari & Escape Plan - sucks not being able to play games you own...Blaze Blue will be next

$170 is a bit too much for the vita with not much support. If it had the support like that of the 3DS then it would be a sure buy.

$170 is a bit too much for the vita with not much support. If it had the support like that of the 3DS then it would be a sure buy.
A common misconception, in my opinion. A Vita with PS+ and you'll have enough great games to keep you busy without buying any, and if you do want to buy games, the sales via PS+ are unreal, so you're covered there, too.

Vita's future is pretty sketchy other than niche Japanese games. but there's more than enough released on it as is that it's a worthy purchase.

Easily more worthwhile content than Wii U, and that system seems to get a free pass (it too has a sketchy future), so the "no games" argument doesn't hold up, unless you have horrible taste in games or don't really know anything about video games.

3DS is amazing too, but anything on 3DS could be better on Vita - where as Vita offers experiences like Hotline Miami, Tearaway, (those two preferably with a good pair of head phones), Virtua Tennis 4, Gravity Rush, the best hand held fighting games of ALL time (Blaze Blue, Capcom's fighters, Mortal Kombat), the best hand held racing game of ALL time bar none (NFS Most Wanted), the best FPS of all time on a hand held (Killzone M), etc. that simply could never, or have never been done as good as the level they are on Vita.

You have to own one & play video games without bias to get it.

Vita's future is pretty sketchy other than niche Japanese games. but there's more than enough released on it as is that it's a worthy purchase.
Not to mention the influx of indie gems. Binding of Isaac, N++, Rogue Legacy, Fez, etc. are all coming to Vita as cross-buy games. If you don't have a PS3/PS4, this is a great way to play them (and some of those games would work a lot better on a portable anyway). Vita is a dynamite platform, and beautiful tech.

Easily more worthwhile content than Wii U, and that system seems to get a free pass (it too has a sketchy future), so the "no games" argument doesn't hold up, unless you have horrible taste in games or don't really know anything about video games.

3DS is amazing too, but anything on 3DS could be better on Vita - where as Vita offers experiences like Hotline Miami, Tearaway, (those two preferably with a good pair of head phones), Virtua Tennis 4, Gravity Rush, the best hand held fighting games of ALL time (Blaze Blue, Capcom's fighters, Mortal Kombat), the best hand held racing game of ALL time bar none (NFS Most Wanted), the best FPS of all time on a hand held (Killzone M), etc. that simply could never, or have never been done as good as the level they are on Vita.

You have to own one & play video games without bias to get it.
Wii U has tons of good games coming out this year a lone. I'd say all three are worth owning. 3DS has your first party Nintendo titles, as well as other amazing games like Bravely Default/Devil Survivor series/Tales of the Abyss/etc.

Vita has your Sony first party/Persona series/Tearaway/Gravity Rush/etc, Wii U has your basic first party Nintendo support like New Super Mario Bros U/Super Mario 3D World/Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze/Super Smash Bros U. And, let's not forget the potentially good 3rd party support here/coming soon;

Bayonetta 2/SMTxFire Emblem/ The Wonderful 101/Lego City Undercover/Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate/Assassin's Creed III and IV/Batman: Arkham Origins/Watch Dogs/etc.

Don't know if I should bite on this deal now. I'm pretty sure the PS Vita will eventually drop <$150 so I can wait for some time longer.
I doubt this. I think the current Vitas will sell around $170. Then when they sell out the one with the shitty (well at least shittier than the current OLED) LCD screen will sell for around $150, possibly a bit less.

So this deal appears to be on still or on again! I was just checking the EB site and the wifi is $169.99

bread's done
Back