* * * * - 5 votes

2014 Thrift Store Thread - Post your finds here!

#41 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8648 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

Had to make a long roadtrip today but stopped at a goodwill I've never been to before and got a copy of Gabriel Knight Mysteries... and now that I'm looking it up, I should've dug through the book section a little more to see if I could find the paperback it could've originally came with.

#53 STEVE05   The Darkest Timeline CAGiversary!   1620 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2014 - 08:40 PM

Had a crazy find today, something I've been trying to find for a while too.

Went to three Goodwill's today since I had the day off. Two were busts, nothing special at all. The last one I went to wasn't looking good either. Then I seen they had one of those bins out and decided to give it a look. There were some bags and DVD's on top, moved that out of the way, and seen three flipped upside down N64 cartridges marked at $.99 at the bottom. Got a little excited, flipped two over....Maddens. Dammit! I started to figure that it was either A) someone donated their worthless games or B) it's already been picked over.

Flipped the last one over...

CVUuGUK.jpg

:shock:

I couldn't  Fuck believe it. I just kinda looked at it for a while in disbelief. I've been wanting to get this game ever since I started going video game hunting at thrift stores and garage sales.

Ended up finding a few CIB Gamecube titles for $1.99 afterwards too that I actually picked up. Spyro A Heroes Tail, X-Men Legends and Batman Begins. Don't know if they are worth it or not, but I was so pumped about Conkers I didn't really care. Ended up spending $7.XX out the door for all of it.