Wii U Pro Controller (White) $35, (Black) $40 ; Wii Remote Plus Mario/Luigi $31.99 at Best Buy/Amazon

I submitted a price match request to Amazon.  Hope more people do the same.

edit: Amazon has price matched the Mario and Luigi versions

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you OP. I wouldn't have noticed this in the Best Buy Ad thread. I ordered both the Mario and Luigi controllers (even though I have no need for them except that they look cool).

The White Pro controllers were clearanced out at Best Buy a long time ago. I think I bought mine for $8.99. I might be a little off though, but it was somewhere around there. The $8.99 price might have been for the afterglow controllers and the white pro controllers were like $11.99. Anyway, it was one of the reasons I recently bought a Wii U console (I already had the best buy clearance white Pro controllers to play Mario games).

But has it ever been in stock for shipping, or even for any store pickup near you? I doubt it.
Yes to shipping. No idea about store pickup.

I only know because I had been wanting to buy one for SM3DW and was watching the pages on BB for a few days. :)

After looking at the ad, though, only the black controller is pictured-- so I guess that's why the white isn't an additional 20% off.

I ordered a black controller from Bestbuy and used my 15 dollar giftcard. I've been wanting one of these things for a long time now. I think playing games like Mario 3D World and eventually Donkey Kong will be better suited with the Pro Controller.

I ordered a black controller from Bestbuy and used my 15 dollar giftcard. I've been wanting one of these things for a long time now. I think playing games like Mario 3D World and eventually Donkey Kong will be better suited with the Pro Controller.
I like the pro controller better for 3d world. There are some stages that require the gamepad.. its easy to switch back and forth though.

Do you just turn the display off on the gamepad to conserve the battery? I find that the battery drains to quickly for my preference. I just purchased the Wii U and do not want to dish out the extra doe for the extended battery just yet.

Ugh.  Talk me into it.  $40 is a lot for a controller since I already have the Wii Classic Controller Pro, but its kinda annoying having to keep the Classic Controller connected to the wiimote all the time.  A wireless controller is really nice, but is it really worth $40??  Sams Club price would be perfect but the closest is like an hour away and its likely picked clean already.

Ugh. Talk me into it. $40 is a lot for a controller since I already have the Wii Classic Controller Pro, but its kinda annoying having to keep the Classic Controller connected to the wiimote all the time. A wireless controller is really nice, but is it really worth $40?? Sams Club price would be perfect but the closest is like an hour away and its likely picked clean already.
Is there a huge difference between the two other than wireless?

Can you use the Wii Classic Controller Pro on regular WiiU games instead of the WiiU CCP?

Weird about the white Wii U pro controller. Last week I was at Best Buy and they had white ones for the same $35 price point. I knew about this sale and I waited to see how low they'd go but the price didn't change... hmmm...

Why is the black controller more expensive? Did Nintendo drop the price on the white version due to lower sales and the death of the basic bundle or something?

I kinda want one of these. It would make playing Mario 3D World more pleasant. 

Why is the black controller more expensive? Did Nintendo drop the price on the white version due to lower sales and the death of the basic bundle or something?

I kinda want one of these. It would make playing Mario 3D World more pleasant.
I'd say the death of the basic bundle was the precursor to the white ones being phased out, yes.

I'm incredibly tempted here, as I'm planning on putting a ton of hours into Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. But I dunno.

Can anyone give impressions on the Wii U Pro controller? Is there a real necessity for it? It seems like the Gamepad that comes with the system is just overall better. It seems like the Pro is only for friends who come over and don't want to use the wiimote.

Can anyone give impressions on the Wii U Pro controller? Is there a real necessity for it? It seems like the Gamepad that comes with the system is just overall better. It seems like the Pro is only for friends who come over and don't want to use the wiimote.
I have 2 Wii U pro controllers and they are great... BUT a small thing people fail to realize is the difference between the ZR/ZL triggers. On the GamePad they are lower/larger and overall much more comfortable. The Pro controllers have them smaller and higher and I have noticed my hands can cramp up, but not on the GamePad. The only plus is that the Pro controllers have much better rumble than the GamePad. Overall I just love using the GamePad, and for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate the second screen is a must-have.

jus got mine,

got dang man what's up with the glue they use to seal this package?!?!

it was quite an ordeal to get the dang thing open lol.

other than that it came with a depleted battery so all I've done so far is plug it in for charging and sync'd it with my system.

will play a game with it later tonite!

I LOVE the Pro controller. It's almost perfect. The battery life is amazing. I played through all of Mario 3D World without having to charge it. (Played other games, too.)

I like the pro controller.  I use it on mario 3d world as well.  Great improvement from the classic controller pros.  Nice not having cords.  Plus, it works with new super mario bros wii U as well. 

I have the black Wii U, but decided to get the white pro controller while I have the chance. Had a gift card and reward certificate I was gonna save for a eShop card but, for some reason, I figured I invest in one of the controllers for any future game. Was able to pay a little over $6.

Hopefully, the shipping will pull through.

Thank you OP. I wouldn't have noticed this in the Best Buy Ad thread. I ordered both the Mario and Luigi controllers (even though I have no need for them except that they look cool).

The White Pro controllers were clearanced out at Best Buy a long time ago. I think I bought mine for $8.99. I might be a little off though, but it was somewhere around there. The $8.99 price might have been for the afterglow controllers and the white pro controllers were like $11.99. Anyway, it was one of the reasons I recently bought a Wii U console (I already had the best buy clearance white Pro controllers to play Mario games).
Please Amazon, match the white one ...
I have the black Wii U, but decided to get the white pro controller while I have the chance.
Hopefully, the shipping will pull through.
They remind me of Target with raising clearance prices:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/320909-wii-u-pro-controller-white-999-bby-ymmv/

Can't believe I, almost, left the last white $9.99 Wii U Pro controller at Best Buy because I knew I was getting a Deluxe Wii U. Bought 1 for store pick up, but saw another in the gaming section and, hesitantly, bought that, too. Have decided I'll paint them pink and black instead of scouring Sam's Clubs for a cheap black one.

anyone able/have a white one around them?  I picked up a black, but wouldn't mind a white to have on standby.   would be willing to pay shipping costs, etc....I know they're likely oos due to them being clearanced, but a guy can hope!!!

I was initially a bit bummed about this sale, as I bought the Mario & Luigi remotes at launch.

But then I remembered that I got them on sale from NewEgg, and $32 plus tax comes out to the $35 I paid at NewEgg, so I'm no longer bummed.

The Wii Classic Controller Pros is also on sale for $15.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wii-classic-controller-pro-black/9853244.p?id=1218184988885&skuId=9853244&st=wii%20pro%20controller&cp=1&lp=1

Might pick up one since the Wii U pro controller doesn't' work for Wii games.
True, but keep in mind that conversely the Classic Controller doesn't work for all Wii U games.

Just a fair warning.

I'd say the death of the basic bundle was the precursor to the white ones being phased out, yes.

I'm incredibly tempted here, as I'm planning on putting a ton of hours into Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. But I dunno.
I don't believe the white ones are phased out yet considering they just released a Skylanders bundle in that color.

True, but keep in mind that conversely the Classic Controller doesn't work for all Wii U games.

Just a fair warning.
I believe there are some games that support it on the wii u. Not anywhere near as much support as pro controller for the wii u.

It's good as an additional controller if you have a pro controller for Wii U, but not as a substitute.

I already own a Wii U Pro controller and never owned a Wii so this will make a nice addition to play some of my Wii games that support it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_that_use_the_Classic_Controller

bread's done
Back