* * * * * 2 votes

2014 Yardsale thread

Yardsale thread 2014

#691 Ironman8   King CAGiversary!   1184 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:24 AM

How did you know it was from my HTC? Is there an image properties thing on them? :shock:

Slowdive don't get technology and all the pics I post are from a HTC One.  I've been taking quite a few pics and the HTC pics have a certain look to me.  You and anyone who is interested should check out my nature pics in my gallery.  There are only 15 to 20 photos in the gallery so far. It's not a yard sale find but this is where I enjoy sharing.  So....here is an amazing nature find this week at work taken from my HTC One.

gallery_354731_7804_556254.jpg

Here is the link to my CAG nature gallery.  http://www.cheapassg...ronman8-nature/.  I have a few more I might post of them.  Comments are welcomed and appreciated in my gallery. 

BTW  the pic of the inmate on your phone was some messed up stuff.  I followed your link to SD and can see why you were a little freaked out.

#692 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6667 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:45 PM

Get these on my way home from work today.

PS2- free. DRE issue but easily fixable.

GB lot- $18. I did inspect every game this time lol!

LVmqo6J.jpg

#693 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3816 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:39 PM

Samsung DVD Player, Gameboy Advance SP, Yoshi's Island, Pokémon, Super Old MP3 Player, TI-83 Calculator, Brand New Audio Headphones, Nautica Watch, Emporio Armani Sunglasses, Conair Hair Straightener

All for $20. The gameboy is silver, 2 gameboy games are real, and there was a flash cart in the sp. I don't know anything about the flash cart. Anyway the guy wouldn't go lower. I'm not sure how I did so please let me know if I paid too much. I'm still learning what a decent or good price on stuff when go to these yard sales.

#694 Ironman8   King CAGiversary!   1184 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:29 PM

Samsung DVD Player, Gameboy Advance SP, Yoshi's Island, Pokémon, Super Old MP3 Player, TI-83 Calculator, Brand New Audio Headphones, Nautica Watch, Emporio Armani Sunglasses, Conair Hair Straightener

All for $20. The gameboy is silver, 2 gameboy games are real, and there was a flash cart in the sp. I don't know anything about the flash cart. Anyway the guy wouldn't go lower. I'm not sure how I did so please let me know if I paid too much. I'm still learning what a decent or good price on stuff when go to these yard sales.

You did a fine job with that pickup. Sell the TI 83 to pay for the whole lot. Gameboy advance sp worth at least 40.

You need a cool punisher avatar if your gonna be posting. Just a thought.

#695 Ironman8   King CAGiversary!   1184 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:31 PM

LVmqo6J.jpg

Lesson learned. Nice find.

#696 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12508 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:56 PM

Slowdive, If you are interested, I'm still liquidating my nes collection so let me know if you are looking for something. I have about 650 nes games left.

Doh! Now I feel like a chump. 650, I think I only have about 400.  I think I will keep my games form my childhood out of the collection and maybe have the only? 100% thrift and yard sale collated collection...

Oh yeah iornman that was a weird problem. It seems ok after the wipe and I now have everything encrypted. I think it was a corrupted gamestop app, but that is just a guess.

#697 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6667 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

I have a HTC One M8 and it takes great photos. Not sure why so many people complain about the camera.

#698 Mike_TV   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   362 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:46 PM

That FF Legend 2 reminded me how jealous I am of my brother right now. The other week he picked up FF Legend, FF Legend 2, and Legend 3 all CiB for $1 each (in addition to a bunch of other $1 CiB Gameboy games). I think the fact that I didn't sucker punch him and make off with the lot while visiting the other week speaks volumes about how good of a brother I am.

#699 MasaTFC   Vortex of Failure CAGiversary!   5040 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:32 PM

Get these on my way home from work today.

PS2- free. DRE issue but easily fixable.

LVmqo6J.jpg

Rolands Curse for the Win!!!!

#700 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3816 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:58 PM

You did a fine job with that pickup. Sell the TI 83 to pay for the whole lot. Gameboy advance sp worth at least 40.

You need a cool punisher avatar if your gonna be posting. Just a thought.

Any ideas on avatar?

#701 Mirpkered   Dyslexic GAC CAGiversary!   1368 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:10 AM

14375812763_db1194924f_b.jpg

While I usually don't make pre-sale deals, I ended up coming out really well on this one. Saw an ad on the local forums for a yard sale that was going to sell skylanders. I emailed the lady and really wanted to pick up a few for my son since his birthday is in a couple weeks. 

Initially she was looking for $100 but I was able to talk her down to $75. So in the lot Here's what I ended up with:

Hoot Loop
Free Ranger
Night Shift
Fire Kraken
Magna Charge
Rattle Shake
Grilla Drilla
Tower of Time Level
Thumpling
Slobber Tooth
Zoo Lou
Roller Brawl
Jolly Bumble Blast
Pop Thorn
Scorp
Sky Diamond Item
Battle Hammer

Pretty good deal and there were only a couple that were extras!

#702 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3816 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:11 AM

Not yardsale related by toys r us has a clearance sell. This what i picked up after the blue label 80%

ghostbusters janine firehouse $19.98 -after 80%  $5.99

Mario vs donkey kong $30 - $9.00 (not sure if this is good, kinda remind me of those old small donkey kong/pac man games from the 80's.)

lego batman ds with joker  $30  - $6

Star wars 3 ds with fett $30- $6

mickey 2 wii remote with red light $20 - $4

xbox 360 batarang $50 - $10!!! (A nice cheap controller for xbox and pc) Yes, its wired, but can be use on pc. A true batman fan should get this.

Level up ottoman $25 - $5  ($5 why not? A ottoman to storage my games)

There are 3 more batarang controllers for xbox 360 and 1 level up ottoman. The funny thing is that two days before i checked and there were no batarang controllers. They have lots of star wars with fett package. Even the employee laugh when he saw by the register the same game for $19.99 on the endcaps. I was thinking about grabbing the controllers for others here with no profit made, but pretty sure shipping would kill the deal for most cag here.

Sucks that i cant get starfox, but not a bad pickup considering my area gets picked clean.

Any CAG here in the gaithersburg/ rockville area? Want grab lunch? I also have some old game guides i was thinking of throwing away.

#703 Mirpkered   Dyslexic GAC CAGiversary!   1368 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:20 AM

Doh! Now I feel like a chump. 650, I think I only have about 400.  I think I will keep my games form my childhood out of the collection and maybe have the only? 100% thrift and yard sale collated collection...

I'm right there with you! I'd say that 85-90% came from yard sales. I remember buying Little Samson from a yard sale and gave $35 for it. I was a little disappointed about spending so much but now it's a pretty pricey title.

#704 Ironman8   King CAGiversary!   1184 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:02 AM

Any ideas on avatar?

I have a few.

Spoiler

or this one

Spoiler

This one with Wolverine is cool.  One of my favorite comic covers of all time.

Spoiler

Or you could go Dolph style.

Spoiler

Was fun looking these up.  Punisher War Journal was one of my favorite series when it came out.  I bought and still have multiple copies of #1 and the Wolverine appearances.

#705 equistina  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:35 AM

If I was that guy I'd choose #3 or #1

They look tight ;)

Of course I choose wolverine first, I mean come on, he's sexy! But I forget where I am, a forum mainly dominated by males who love Giada :whee: :lol:

I kid, I kid

#706 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6667 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:10 PM

Good deals today.

First sale I went to, this lady had 10 19" 720p HDTVs. All for $25 each. They all had broken DVD players inside of them but they worked fine otherwise. The lady said it was her dads and not sure why he was only asking $25 for each one. I bought 2 of them for $45. One for me, and I'm selling one to my sister since she wants a tv for her college dorm.

JBL135 speakers were $10. 

I got a pretty big plug in Hockey table, along with a foldable pingpong tabletop for $25. Thank God I have a station wagon lol.

X4GZuWJ.jpg

Js3b3Rr.jpg

#707 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12508 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:17 PM

Is this who you mean?

Spoiler

IDK, Nigella is pretty sexy too with her accent and curves.

Today it a total bust (pun intended)...I bought a box of biore for 50 cents. Already 80+ degrees. I think I am done for the day. :(

I hope you were talking about the chick from the food network, or I just over shared why I am not allowed anywhere near the Food Network premises. LOL

#708 Bing147   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1105 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:45 PM

I did well today but only thanks to two sales. Two of the first 4 sales I went to I scored at. Didn't score again all day, ha ha. I went to at least 30 sales too. I don't think they were picked over, people kept telling me I was the first one there, just think they didn't have anything.

Anyway, second sale I went to, the guy had a big box of records. I picked out a few nice ones (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Purple Rain, Huey Lewis and the News Sports) but I then asked about old games. He said he might have a couple real old ones in a box right there in the garage. He found it in about 30 seconds and pulled out Star Fox (SNES) with the manual and Final Fantasy II (SNES). Said $1.00 each so with the records I paid $5.00.

Then a couple sales later a lady had a huge box of PS2/PS1 games but she wanted $8.00 each for PS2 and $5.00 each for PS1. Seemed high but I managed to find a pair I wanted and talked her to $8.00 for the pair. They were Time Crisis 3 complete in the big box for PS2 and Chocobo Racing for PS1.

That was it, but Chocobo/Time Crisis/FF2 are a bit pricey and I didn't have them so I'll call it a good day.

20140606_113124.jpg

Edit: Nevermind, I had Time Crisis 3 already, ha ha. That's okay, I didn't have a guncon or the bundle so its still cool.

#709 notaspaceship   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   60 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

notaspaceship

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:22 PM

Today I purchased:

Champions of Norrath PS2 (Greatest Hits) for $2 (Was marked $4)

A glittery TI-83 for $3 (Marked $5). It wouldn't turn on but the batteries inside had an expiration of 2010 and the guy said that it hadn't been used in like, eight years. I just stood there looking unsure until he lowered the price. For $3 I figure it's okay even if it ends up not working, and hey, it's literally sparkly. I didn't even know that they made them like that.

A Nine Inch Nails CD for .50 and a Rudolph Hallmark ornament for .25.

I really want to find a working Gameboy unit. A few weeks back I bought a baggie full of Gameboy Color/Advance games from some estate sale, but I don't have anything that plays them. Been looking everywhere I go, but so far no dice. I also ask at every sale I go to whether they have video games like I have seen others on this board suggest, but no luck so far.

#710 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6667 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:33 PM

Also got this earlier and it may possibly be my best pick up of the year. This here is some vintage Luxman audio equipment. After doing a little research on eBay and AVForums, these are worth close to few hundred dollars altogether, if they work. So far I have plugged them in and they turn on. No problems with the bulbs.

These were very high end back in the early 2000s. They were popular in Japan and had limited production in the US.

I paid $20 for them.

HG74cXu.jpg

#711 vickers500   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   113 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

vickers500

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:37 PM

Got Spyro greatest hits edition for $.50 the lady was reluctant to sell it as it was part of a PS/1 slim bundle for $30 that included about two or three controllers a memory card , the cord, obviously the PS/1 slim and pretty much every Spyro game plus one crash bandicoot game ( not one of the main entries). But since I only asked for one game she said it was fine to sell one game separately. The game has the manual and everything the case and the disc are both in great condition there are no scratches on the disc. Not a Greathall for today but it's something to go with the four dollar PlayStation one that I bought a couple of weeks ago

#712 donut   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3918 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2014 - 09:12 PM

I really want to find a working Gameboy unit. A few weeks back I bought a baggie full of Gameboy Color/Advance games from some estate sale, but I don't have anything that plays them. Been looking everywhere I go, but so far no dice. I also ask at every sale I go to whether they have video games like I have seen others on this board suggest, but no luck so far.

Do you want a GB color or a GBA? PM what you are seeking I have a couple

#713 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12508 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:42 AM

5-17-14

Stuff I didn't need to buy:

$1 each:

th_003_zps1e4d6da6.jpg

$2

th_014_zps988fb1ce.jpg

$2 Still sealed big box

th_018_zpsb4f73acc.jpg

$1 each, card game is still sealed

th_008_zpscf234f92.jpg

I have to get the junk posted, so I can make room for the heavy hitters ;)

(Much ) More to come...

#714 notaspaceship   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   60 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

notaspaceship

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:52 AM

Do you want a GB color or a GBA? PM what you are seeking I have a couple

I guess I should have specified..."I want to find and pay $1 for a GBC or GBA". I am cheap after all. I'll just keep looking, it'll give me a meta-goal. Thanks for the offer though!

#715 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3816 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:24 AM

Today I purchased:

Champions of Norrath PS2 (Greatest Hits) for $2 (Was marked $4)

A glittery TI-83 for $3 (Marked $5). It wouldn't turn on but the batteries inside had an expiration of 2010 and the guy said that it hadn't been used in like, eight years. I just stood there looking unsure until he lowered the price. For $3 I figure it's okay even if it ends up not working, and hey, it's literally sparkly. I didn't even know that they made them like that.

A Nine Inch Nails CD for .50 and a Rudolph Hallmark ornament for .25.

I have a gameboy sp. U interested?

#716 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3816 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:26 AM

I have a few.

Spoiler

or this one

Spoiler

This one with Wolverine is cool.  One of my favorite comic covers of all time.

Spoiler

Or you could go Dolph style.

Spoiler

Was fun looking these up.  Punisher War Journal was one of my favorite series when it came out.  I bought and still have multiple copies of #1 and the Wolverine appearances.

How do i add a picture on my profile?

#717 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3816 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:35 AM

The $20 bag i picked up with the samsung dvd player, ti 83, etc. had a muVo TX FM 512 Mb. Looks in good condition besides a large scratch on the display glass. The works, but I have never seen or heard of it before. Anyone know anything about this mp3 player? It also has a mic recorder and fm radio. I dont know how to use the radio. What is the cost of this thing?

#718 Ironman8   King CAGiversary!   1184 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:36 AM

Also got this earlier and it may possibly be my best pick up of the year. This here is some vintage Luxman audio equipment. After doing a little research on eBay and AVForums, these are worth close to few hundred dollars altogether, if they work. So far I have plugged them in and they turn on. No problems with the bulbs.

These were very high end back in the early 2000s. They were popular in Japan and had limited production in the US.

I paid $20 for them.

HG74cXu.jpg

Cool stuff. Hook 2 of those huge old school speakers to it with a turntable and your in business. I found a vintage radio myself today. Wait till you see mine. When I say vintage I mean super old. I'll post a pic when I have time. Like your garage sale wagon also. Is that you daily driver? Bet it helps you get better deals as people figure you have a big family to support. Sometimes I think my vehicle works against me. They see a nice car and figure they can charge more. Today was a old school day for me. I also ran into Stonewall Jackson in the form of a house wife. I still came out on top.

#719 Ironman8   King CAGiversary!   1184 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:51 AM

How do i add a picture on my profile?

Edit profile. Do it from your PC not phone.

#720 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10443 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:40 AM

Headed to the large Lake Tapps sale tomorrow