* * * * - 50 votes

XBL Deals - Jan 6 - Sep 4, 2014

XBL Xbox Live XBLA Games on Demand DLC Arcade Avatar Item

#6391 Polerand   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Polerand

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

Looks like the new Yugioh game not released on the Australian marketplace.

I had read on the Twitter that it is US/CAN only at the moment. Being in the US, I never cares to check.

#6392 Yanksfan   Cubs Fan Too :( CAGiversary!   5389 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:39 PM

Anybody have an opinion if Thief is worth the $30 price tag for the One?

It probably isn't, based off of what I have heard. However, it is a fantastic price for a next gen game where there isn't a deep library yet. If I had a One and only a couple of games so far, I would probably pick it up just to Fuck around with a bit.

#6393 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8328 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

I have a question for you guys..

I won't be getting my xbox 360 till Wednesday. I have a live account from a previous xbox but it is silver. If I get xbox live now can I lock in Dungeon Defenders for free or does it have to be physically done on the console?

Correct. If you get Live, you can lock it in for free via the website (as long as you give them some form of payment information, PayPal will suffice, but you can remove it afterwards/it can have $0 in it).

I would recommend waiting 'till late Monday, for the off-chance you can double dip when your sub expires,

Re: Guitar Hero stuff. I'd recommend getting all the free packs now since delisting has already started. This thread has links to all the free stuff -> http://www.cheapassg...ace-content-20/

Go to Worldwide. Go to Game Add-Ons, and then scroll down to "Guitar Hero". The OP is terribly out of date (September 2013), but there's been no free GH content since then, so it'll suffice.

If you're reading this Bloomy, and wanna work your magic and shove either the thread link, or the individual items into the OP, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Edit: While you're at it, you might as well purchase/download the free Rock Band stuff too (one of the free songs is already gone (Promised Land), just checked).

#6394 ketchuprulez  

ketchuprulez

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:56 PM

Thank you Bobby!

#6395 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5008 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

Good news, I just tried to purchase Tomb Raider on Xbox.com to see if the price was changed. Sure enough not only was it 30, but you can actually use your XBL account balance to pay for games on Xbox.com now. It wasn't like this a week ago. This statement on the OP needs to be changed.

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or PayPal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.  Unfortunately, even "purchasing" free content through the web site like trials requires an alternative method of payment tied to your account.

edit: Turns out this is only for Xbox One games.

So I can make things clear in the OP, does a credit card or PayPal still need to be attached to the account to use your available balance on Xbox One content?

Change first sentence to - "You cannot currently buy any Xbox 360 content on xbox.com ..."

"Xbox One content can be purchased on the web site using your account balance."

I noticed that Halo: Spartan Assault is listed under cross platform; does that mean that if you buy one on 360 that it unlocks for the One, too?  Or can you play with players cross platform?  Or is it weak and are just available on both systems?

I just listed them as cross platform because they were sales applying to the same titles on both systems.  I didn't mean to imply any cross platform play or cross buy.  I've changed the section heading to "On sale on both systems".

Re: Guitar Hero stuff. I'd recommend getting all the free packs now since delisting has already started. This thread has links to all the free stuff -> http://www.cheapassg...ace-content-20/

Go to Worldwide. Go to Game Add-Ons, and then scroll down to "Guitar Hero". The OP is terribly out of date (September 2013), but there's been no free GH content since then, so it'll suffice.

If you're reading this Bloomy, and wanna work your magic and shove either the thread link, or the individual items into the OP, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Edit: While you're at it, you might as well purchase/download the free Rock Band stuff too (one of the free songs is already gone (Promised Land), just checked).

I've updated the OP with the link to the Free Content thread.

#6396 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8328 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:00 PM

So I can make things clear in the OP, does a credit card or PayPal still need to be attached to the account to use your available balance on Xbox One content?

Change first sentence to - "You cannot currently buy any Xbox 360 content on xbox.com ..."

"Xbox One content can be purchased on the web site using your account balance."

I just listed them as cross platform because they were sales applying to the same titles on both systems.  I didn't mean to imply any cross platform play or cross buy.  I've changed the section heading to "On sale on both systems".

I've updated the OP with the link to the Free Content thread.

Yeah, change it to that but make it Xbox One Games (Xbox One DLC cannot be purchased on the website).

Thanks for updating the OP for me, Bloomy!

Edit: I believe Spartan Assault is a permanent drop, by the way, to coincide with the announcement of a Steam release for it. Not sure what the deal with Sacred Citadel is (the DLC is much more reasonably priced though, I dig it).

#6397 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8328 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:18 PM

Double post, but I'm just gonna post the GH and Rock Band free stuff here once, for those who don't check the OP (so as many people know as possible).

Free GH Stuff:

Free Rock Band Stuff:

Spoiler

Thanks to thedevilMan for the original list.

#6398 Turbine  

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:02 PM

That version of Trials does include season pass.

World of Tanks is a little more fun than I was expecting. It is very confusing if you don't watch the tutorial videos, so I had a friend let me out.

Worst part of Arkham Origins so far is the sniper section of the boat. If they shoot me once, I die. In my game when I die, I stay dead and have to dashboard. Frustrating and made me rage quit over to Titanfall a few times

It is surprisingly good. It's all a matter of getting your friends to make your team, and that's when the game gets even better.

So has anyone played the new Yugioh game yet? Either I've gotten bad from not playing Yugioh in a long time or the AI is insanely difficult.
Beating the first duelist (I won't spoil) is not too bad. But the next ones are hard, especially with the beginners deck.

Might wait for a sale on this before I buy.

Thinking of playing the trial. Hopefully it is, because last time i play a YGO game, the AI was terrible. Hopefully it goes on sale, for what i can see here many of us will be buying it. That's a big plus.

As for Warface open beta having achievements, might dig into it. Played the closed beta but could not get the hang of it. But with cheevos and free on the same sentence it's a "hell yes". 

#6399 xFatalFlaw   Dango Daikazoku! CAGiversary!   1450 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

xFatalFlaw

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:09 PM

As for Warface open beta having achievements, might dig into it. Played the closed beta but could not get the hang of it. But with cheevos and free on the same sentence it's a "hell yes". 

Just a warning, I played Warface 2 days ago (also was in the closed beta) and it was just unplayable because of connection/server issues. Hopefully they will fix this but as of now don't even think it is worth playing until they fix that. Its possible they patched it in the last 2 days but who knows. Might hop on soon and see how it is now.

#6400 The Ebbtide   : CAGiversary!   1656 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

The Ebbtide

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:20 PM

Don't, seriously.  Wait at least a few months until they hopefully, you know...fix it.  It's so bad.

When you start it up the game offers you a training mission, which is really good.  The gun feels right, the graphics look good, and it has some easy and fun mechanics. 

Then you get to play online...but not.  I tried playing Cooperative missions, as deathmatch seemed like a bad idea with no rank.  It consisted of waiting in lobbies, watching players pings constantly jump around from 5 full bars, to 1, then to maybe 3, then to 2, then 1, then back to 5, then 2, and then 1, repeating.  Don't even know why there was a 4th bar.

Worse yet, hosts seem to never start the game.  Literally over 45 minutes of my attempting to play (because I really wanted to after that training level) was because hosts would never hit the start button, and it doesn't even auto start when everyone hits ready...  Awful design there.

But, okay, I finally found a game.  It starts, the helicopter we're all in lands, we come out, and I get the first 3 kills for our team, lasting down the snipers on us with my Assault Rifle.  We then kill the remaining 2 enemies, moving like a team.  But something happens.  Clearly a loading freeze/pause for more enemies, except that the game freezes and gives everyone a connection error.  But the enemies are still active. 

You can't play, you're just frozen.  You have to wait until the now numerous enemies move to each player and slowly, very slowly, kill each of you while you're all frozen in time.  It's like playing a game when someone has a lag switch, and you can't do a thing but wait to die. 

This happened to all the few games I played, all freezing at the same spot.  All of us being unable to do a thing.

So just wait.  Avoid the frustration.  Being free-to-play isn't an excuse-to-suck.

#6401 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:14 PM

Just a heads up that the Guitar Hero DLC from Warriors of Rock and avatar items seem to have been pulled already. I just went to download a few songs and they were already gone T_T

Wow, glad I got them when I did then.

#6402 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13558 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:11 PM

Word on the street is that Hitman Absolution is the next GWG game.

Someone on X360A posted a screengrab of a deleted tweet from an Xbox Canada person saying such.

Oh, and if they get the servers together Warface kicks ass.  The first day or two of open beta was fine, but today the servers have been completely borked.

#6403 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4275 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:19 PM

I think every rumor from XA has been wrong.

#6404 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13558 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:20 PM

Free Rock Band Stuff:

Thanks to thedevilMan for the original list.

That one is showing up as $1 on Xbox.com for me

#6405 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13558 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:22 PM

I think every rumor from XA has been wrong.

mhj97oN.png

That's the aforementioned screengrab

#6406 MetalMegaGio   MetalMegaCAG CAGiversary!   3187 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

MetalMegaGio

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:25 PM

mhj97oN.png

If it is true at least its a good game,too bad I already have it.  :cry:

#6407 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11144 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:27 PM

Wow, nice to see GWG get something relatively recent and high-budget. Plus I don't own it already, so bonus.

#6408 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8328 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:55 PM

That one is showing up as $1 on Xbox.com for me

That's strange. I've never paid money for a Rock Band DLC song in my life and I have it. I'd chalk it up to a mistake on my part, but considering the person who started the thread also got it for free, it must have been free until recently, sorry.

#6409 Rip44  

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:58 PM

Yeah I hope that's a joke. Hated the game. Give us something great... Like DmC.

#6410 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8328 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:06 AM

Yeah I hope that's a joke. Hated the game. Give us something great... Like DmC.

I would much prefer DmC, because I already own Absolution, and I'm sure as hell not giving a cent to Ninja Theory/Capcom for that game. :-P

#6411 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67803 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:07 AM

Xbox Video has a few videos available to watch for free with ads, though the only notable movie I saw was The Burbs.

#6412 Rip44  

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:12 AM

I would much prefer DmC, because I already own Absolution, and I'm sure as hell not giving a cent to Ninja Theory/Capcom for that game. :-P

Yeah, same here. Don't own it but I already 1000'd Hitman. Wouldn't even consider giving money to NT let alone Crapcom for their continued rehashing bullshit. DmC is supposed to be fun, but like I said, fuck Capcom.

#6413 Yanksfan   Cubs Fan Too :( CAGiversary!   5389 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:28 AM

It sucks to be a self righteous gamer and miss out on fun stuff over some principles that don't really matter in the grand scheme of things. I used to get all hot and bothered by stupid shit like games getting cancelled or making changes to franchises I liked. It just isn't worth it though. If there is a game you want to buy, just buy it.

#6414 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67803 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:37 AM

mhj97oN.png

Why is there an image on that tweet without an image link above it? Google says that xbx.lv link is only used by XboxCanada's twitter for Games with Gold announcements and it goes to the generic GWG page on the Xbox site.

#6415 Rip44  

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:37 AM

It sucks to be a self righteous gamer and miss out on fun stuff over some principles that don't really matter in the grand scheme of things. I used to get all hot and bothered by stupid shit like games getting cancelled or making changes to franchises I liked. It just isn't worth it though. If there is a game you want to buy, just buy it.

Meh. Just meh.

#6416 odd mr t   Dangahh Zone!! CAGiversary!   459 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

odd mr t

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:45 AM

Absolution has been sitting in by backlog from PS+ for months.  I've played it a little off and on doesn't seem too bad, but just can't seem to hook me in.  Nice to see something newer even if I don't need it myself.   Seems like a good one for achievements, though.  I'll give MS a B+ for effort if it is Hitman.  That could go up or down depending on what the other game is, of course.

#6417 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4275 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:45 AM

I got DMC and Hitman from MS Store a few weeks ago. Both are very good, but obviously I'd prefer something I don't have.

#6418 Danger Zone: Archer   Not really here. CAGiversary!   2784 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Danger Zone: Archer

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:46 AM

Word on the street is that Hitman Absolution is the next GWG game.

Someone on X360A posted a screengrab of a deleted tweet from an Xbox Canada person saying such.

Oh, and if they get the servers together Warface kicks ass.  The first day or two of open beta was fine, but today the servers have been completely borked.

tell me about it, i couldn't play two minutes of it without the server screwing up. 

#6419 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8328 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:47 AM

Eh, I don't think my principles have made me miss out on anything that fun at this point. Honestly, I've just been waiting for DmC to get supercheap at GS (would rather give GS money for it). I'm not that bent out of shape about what happened, just disappointed.

Besides, I already pre-purchased the Downfall DLC during the sale they had on it (meaning they already got my money for that), so I gotta get it sooner or later. Would just be great if it was free. EIther way, I'm not in a hurry to get it (because backlog), so I don't think I'm really missing out.

As much as I was ranting about it earlier, I'll probably buy GZ used down the line too (if it's not bundled with TPP for a reasonable price, of course). The used market is a nice way to enjoy the games you want without giving money to people you don't think deserve it. (I mean hell, if you don't like the crap GS pulls, there's plenty of alternatives, so you don't even have to support GS.)

#6420 odd mr t   Dangahh Zone!! CAGiversary!   459 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

odd mr t

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:52 AM

Why is there an image on that tweet without an image link above it? Google says that xbx.lv link is only used by XboxCanada's twitter for Games with Gold announcements and it goes to the generic GWG page on the Xbox site.

Are you suggesting it's a fake tweet, because I'm thinking it's fake.  No date/time stamp.  Also, I went to his twitter feed and it's not there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: XBL, Xbox Live, XBLA, Games on Demand, DLC, Arcade, Avatar Item