* * * * - 50 votes

XBL Deals - Jan 6 - Sep 4, 2014

XBL Xbox Live XBLA Games on Demand DLC Arcade Avatar Item

#6841 odd mr t   Dangahh Zone!! CAGiversary!   458 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

odd mr t

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

Finally getting around to playing Harley Quinn's Revenge to contain my Batman urges lol. I would also like to take this time to once again recommend the Captain America game. It is basically a knockoff Batman game, but its the Captain! plus the collectibles in it are actually pretty cool and it is a very east 1000G's.

I'll back you up on the easy 1000.  It was a fairly short game with easy collectibles.  As far as it being good, though...well...

It was not the worst game I've played, but I personally wouldn't really recommend it for anything besides achievement farming.  Better than a lot of other movie tie-in games, but that really isn't saying much.  Of course, after saying this I realize that I only played it on PS3 for the platinum so there is a chance I could end up playing it again on Xbox for the achievements.  I will not replay Hanna Montana, though.  I have to draw the line somewhere.

Posted Image

#6842 Groo The Wanderer  

Groo The Wanderer

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:52 PM

Finally getting around to playing Harley Quinn's Revenge to contain my Batman urges lol. I would also like to take this time to once again recommend the Captain America game. It is basically a knockoff Batman game, but its the Captain! plus the collectibles in it are actually pretty cool and it is a very east 1000G's.

Cap was definitely awesome.

I missed out on 100%ing the game by missing one damn blueprint and one Gold medal on the challenge maps. I often think about buying it again to get those two but then I think I'd have a problem.
The+SCHWARTZ+00.png

#6843 aledromo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   105 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:01 PM

Second this. Best arkham knockoff I've played.

It's dumb as all get out, but they got the combat right and the shield is so goofy.
Join me or die. Can you do any less?

#6844 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4184 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:26 PM

As a Windows Phone owner, I've been waiting for this since forever.

I wasn't sure about renting Captain America, but these posts and Ray Sipe's video

Spoiler
 have convinced me. Thanks

Gamertag: Bob101910 RFP (FIXED)

#6845 kcobra22  

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:43 PM

As a Windows Phone owner, I've been waiting for this since forever.

are you kitten me?

#6846 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8202 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:46 PM

I'll back you up on the easy 1000.  It was a fairly short game with easy collectibles.  As far as it being good, though...well...

It was not the worst game I've played, but I personally wouldn't really recommend it for anything besides achievement farming.  Better than a lot of other movie tie-in games, but that really isn't saying much.  Of course, after saying this I realize that I only played it on PS3 for the platinum so there is a chance I could end up playing it again on Xbox for the achievements.  I will not replay Hanna Montana, though.  I have to draw the line somewhere.

I thought it was okay, though I only played it for a little bit because I don't own it. Been waiting on a good price on it, but it never hit the price point I wanted.

It's definitely better than the Iron Man games (also from Sega), at least. :-P

CAG'S OFFICIAL COCKROACH EXTERMINATOR

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $1 PayPal each

#6847 shulamm   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   328 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:51 PM

I'll look into that, thanks. If you have any other easy 1000G's, please recommend. I'm only sitting on 8K after my 360 died in 2009 (RIP). Then I came back this year with Xbox One and a WP8 phone.

Wow, that's brand loyalty

#6848 CrazyCoconut   Am I done training yet? CAGiversary!   200 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

CrazyCoconut

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:06 PM

Wow, that's brand loyalty

Nah, why stick to being a fanboy when you can get the best of both worlds?

#6849 defgufman   Carl Stucky...pleased to meet you! CAGiversary!   968 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:13 PM

Easy gamer score games - Pacman CE dx, Alan wake, Night at the museum....obviously Avitar the last air bender

#6850 skonson   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

What is the running time of a game before you consider it short? All of these comments on Dead Light made me check my playtime when I finished it yesterday for the first time:

4 hours, 17 minutes.

To me that's not short, especially since I didn't get all of the achievements and items.

I'd call a short game 2 hours to finish. Games like Alien Hominid, The Maw, and most of the NES library.

The reason Deadlight got smacked with being considered a short game was due in part to a now patched bug that the game had where it didn't seem to record all your playtime (I think the game clock rewound when you were knocked back to a checkpoint rather than recording re-playing sections after dying). With that in mind most people were clocking in completion prior to the patch at around 1.5 - 2 hours. But reviewers hardly update their reviews to include patches so it still has this stigma of being a 1-2 hour long game.

The_more_you_know.jpg

#6851 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3963 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:26 PM

Yes, it has gamerscore (250, X1 version has 1000). Go here to view the achievement list. W8 version on sale for $1.99 for the next week (after that, a permanent price drop to $4.99) while the X1 version is at $10.

What?

#6852 xbltheshadow   I Love Guitar Hero CAGiversary!   852 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

xbltheshadow

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:35 PM

What?

http://www.trueachie...il-3rd-2014.htm

Edit: If you don't like TA as a reference, go here

#6853 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8202 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:40 PM

The reason Deadlight got smacked with being considered a short game was due in part to a now patched bug that the game had where it didn't seem to record all your playtime (I think the game clock rewound when you were knocked back to a checkpoint rather than recording re-playing sections after dying). With that in mind most people were clocking in completion prior to the patch at around 1.5 - 2 hours. But reviewers hardly update their reviews to include patches so it still has this stigma of being a 1-2 hour long game.

The_more_you_know.jpg

That sounds about right. I don't know, I still felt like it was short (I think I 100%d it in 4 hours or something). For a $15 Summer of Arcade game, I expected more (I only bought in at $7.50, but you get what I mean). But the in-game clock issue did not help it when it came to reviews. It's why you should have your own timer handy. :bouncy:

#6854 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3963 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:57 PM

http://www.trueachie...il-3rd-2014.htm

Edit: If you don't like TA as a reference, go here

I misunderstood until I saw the links.  I don't have any problems with TA as a reference, I just didn't know the original price was $6.99.  I thought the "permanent price drop" was meant to be relative to the $1.99 price, not $6.99.

#6855 defgufman   Carl Stucky...pleased to meet you! CAGiversary!   968 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

Just grabbed it for $1.99, thanks for the tip

#6856 defgufman   Carl Stucky...pleased to meet you! CAGiversary!   968 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:39 PM

By the way Microsoftstore.com has some awesome prices right now. Skyrim and Borderlands 2 are $1.99 amongst a few others. Also a fucking sweet ass Master Chief action figure is $5.99.......do it....do it :)

I ordered the Master Chief on Sunday and it just came in. It's a steal at that price for a gift. This one is for my son's birthday.

#6857 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4184 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:06 PM

All the good stuff is OOS. Rarely it gets restocked while I'm not at a computer.

#6858 snakeybro   Banned Banned   9668 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:48 PM

Anyone have any thoughts on Crimson Dragon? Is it fun?

Now Playing:  :3ds: Shovel Knight, Zelda: ALBW, Kirby Triple Deluxe    :ps3: RE5 Gold, Mafia II, Bayonetta, RE4   :ps4: GTA V 

:xb1: Watch_Dogs, Evil Within, Sleeping Dogs, Dead Rising 3, Shadow Warrior, Far Cry 4, Alien, Halo MCC  

:wiiu: Shovel Knight NG+, RE Revelations, Darksiders II, Batman Arkham Origins, Shantae & The Pirate's Curse, Captain Toad, Bayo 2, Ducktales Remastered

solidSNAKE231989.png

768817.png

#6859 kdiddy1989   I make average CAGs look rich. CAGiversary!   1925 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:55 AM

Don't you get the 360 version of Spartan Assault cheaper if you buy one of the W8/WP versions?
That would be cool

#6860 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4184 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:08 AM

Don't you get the 360 version of Spartan Assault cheaper if you buy one of the W8/WP versions?

I'm pretty sure that deal expired awhile ago. I would be all over it if it was still good.

#6861 kdiddy1989   I make average CAGs look rich. CAGiversary!   1925 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:35 AM

I'm pretty sure that deal expired awhile ago. I would be all over it if it was still good.

Ah ok don't know why I was thinking that was permanent.
That would be cool

#6862 Masters_93  

Masters_93

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:45 AM

By the way Microsoftstore.com has some awesome prices right now. Skyrim and Borderlands 2 are $1.99 amongst a few others. Also a fucking sweet ass Master Chief action figure is $5.99.......do it....do it :)

Dammit, that doesn't exist for us in Canada  :-x . There's only a few deals for games, although Microsoft products (such as Windows) are a much better deal, especially with the Student Discount. 

VAXyo12.gif

#6863 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4184 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:18 AM

I bring news from the Steam peoples! UFC Undisputed 2010 and Read Dead Redemption are losing multiplayer May 31st. I only see 54 games and the post says hundreds, so there may be more! NOW HOW WILL I PLAY UFC 2010 WITH MY GRANDPA NAMED SANTA THAT LIVES IN THE NORTH POLE!

Gamespy multiplayer servers are shutting down on May 31st.  This affects hundreds of games, console and PC alike, with some big titles on the list, such as the ARMA series and the original Borderlands.

EDIT: I just realized that the filter was on only for games released in 2010. I'll check older titles meow and edit if I finds more.

WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 2010

Section 8

UFC 2009 Undisputed

WWE Legends of WrestleMania

EDIT2: All done. That doesn't seem so bad. PC and Nintendo are getting hit much worse. I wonder if there is anything newer than 2010 not listed on the site.

#6864 The Prize Fighter Inferno   XBL: Greendale CC CAGiversary!   1203 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

The Prize Fighter Inferno

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:21 AM

I bring news from the Steam peoples! UFC Undisputed 2010 and Read Dead Redemption are losing multiplayer May 31st. I only see 54 games and the post says hundreds, so there may be more! NOW HOW WILL I PLAY UFC 2010 WITH MY GRANDPA NAMED SANTA THAT LIVES IN THE NORTH POLE!
EDIT: I just realized that was only for games released in 2010. I'll check older titles meow and edit if I finds more.

Umm, I'm not sure if you read that article, but it says RDR and other R* titles will not be affected...

#6865 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4184 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:24 AM

Umm, I'm not sure if you read that article, but it says RDR and other R* titles will not be affected...

Thank you, I didn't. I am happy meow. I don't care about the other games except UFC 2010!

#6866 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8202 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:51 AM

I bring news from the Steam peoples! UFC Undisputed 2010 and Read Dead Redemption are losing multiplayer May 31st. I only see 54 games and the post says hundreds, so there may be more! NOW HOW WILL I PLAY UFC 2010 WITH MY GRANDPA NAMED SANTA THAT LIVES IN THE NORTH POLE!

EDIT: I just realized that the filter was on only for games released in 2010. I'll check older titles meow and edit if I finds more.

WWE Smackdown vs. RAW 2010

Section 8

UFC 2009 Undisputed

WWE Legends of WrestleMania

EDIT2: All done. That doesn't seem so bad. PC and Nintendo are getting hit much worse. I wonder if there is anything newer than 2010 not listed on the site.

That's not super terrible. I never was into WWE/UFC games anyways.

Section 8 is probably the biggest loss. But weren't servers for that already shut down? On some platform?

#6867 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3768 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:01 AM

Thank you, I didn't. I am happy meow. I don't care about the other games except UFC 2010!

Good to see that things aren't ruff for you right now.

w5Q80iM.gifj5IniQc.gifgTTA3Aa.gif

Spoiler

#6868 BudzMcGee   Clearance Bin Review CAGiversary!   3662 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:55 AM

That sounds about right. I don't know, I still felt like it was short (I think I 100%d it in 4 hours or something). For a $15 Summer of Arcade game, I expected more (I only bought in at $7.50, but you get what I mean). But the in-game clock issue did not help it when it came to reviews. It's why you should have your own timer handy. :bouncy:

I'm sorry but anyone who bothers to include how long it takes to beat a game as part of their review who can't consciously tell a 4 hour experience from a 1.5 hour experience is not someone who's reviews you should be reading.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
Backlog-Quest-II.jpg?resize=306%2C160
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Get money back for purchases at Target, Best Buy and more with Ibotta (My Referral Link).

#6869 rifftnstrings   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   120 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

rifftnstrings

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:11 AM

They really phoned it in for Harley Quinn's Revenge.

If anybody's fixin' for superhero games that may or may not be movie tie ins, Green Lantern's decent. It has drop in co op, if you've got a buddy to play as Sinestro - no achievements for P2 though.

#6870 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11103 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:17 AM

Pretty big deal if Borderlands 1 goes down. Still never finished those arena achievements lol

I believe Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 is on that list to.

... go to sleep.