* * * * - 50 votes

XBL Deals - Jan 6 - Sep 4, 2014

XBL Xbox Live XBLA Games on Demand DLC Arcade Avatar Item

#16291 SoulesSamurai   Ninja skills like whoa... CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

SoulesSamurai

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:01 PM

Potions help eliminate the need to flee. I don't fault the game for it's emphasis on methodical tactics. My dislike for the game lies entirely on my impatience.
But the opening cinematic is the best I've ever seen. Seriously. Look it up.

That opening always makes my nipples tingle with joy, so epic

#16292 Deranged-Stu  

Deranged-Stu

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:02 PM

Got the following:

GTA 5

Halo 4

Fight Night Champion

Dead Rising: Off the Record

Gears 3

Contemplating:

Skate 2...  Who thinks I should?  Does it have split screen?

Btw.. First time/Long time.

#16293 RBK  

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:05 PM

No split screen on skate 2, at least from what I remember.

skate 2 and all skate games in general are great.  Can't go wrong for 4 dollars.

#16294 defgufman   Carl Stucky...pleased to meet you! CAGiversary!   1220 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:18 PM

PBS is always broke. There is also a problem downloading previously purchased content, but I think that is new.

No I mean the Cheap Ass Gamer notifications, they haven't worked for a few days.

#16295 jande135  

jande135

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:20 PM

That opening always makes my nipples tingle with joy, so epic

Pretty sure it can cure erectile disfunction.

#16296 Metalepic   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   332 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Metalepic

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:29 PM

Well dependin on whats on sale tomorrow i might just say eff it and get silent hill hd

wanna c if silent hill 3 still scares the crap out of me like it did over 10 years ago

#16297 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6858 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:44 PM

Witcher 2 is hard because of difficulty. Dark Souls is hard because of wonky combat.

Dark Souls' combat is fine. Witcher's is the wonky one.

Also smh at it being 1st person

#16298 Super Mario 64  

Super Mario 64

Where have I been all this time? I've got to pick some of these up. I played the Split/Second demo way back and loved it.. so seems like a no brainer for me now. 

Sorry if this has been asked recently, but I only looked a couple of pages back. Is Skate 2 any good? My experience in the genre is limited to Tony Hawk 2 for N64 (which I loved).

(and yes I saw one comment already on this page)

And finally, if there's really anyone out there that's never played Portal 2. Buy it right now.

#16299 Cage017   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4969 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

As far as I know, it's a Far Cry game in name only, not made by the developer of the main series. It's supposedly not very good.

I own FC: Instincts Predator. It sucks.

Wow, you guys are not kidding. This demo is terrible. None of the controls are like Far Cry Classic and the graphics are just sad.

What? That's the best 360 game ever. Aged really well too. I could spend all day playing course maps online or race maps or making my own maps or xombies or cop n robbers or jaws or tremors or predator mode or anything. I think it is one of the few games outside of Halo to have custom game modes created by the community that you won't find in other shooters.

Then the demo is terrible?  All I see here are multiplayer games with only two "Capture the flag" games available. There's no single player campaign in this. Is the actual game different?

#16300 evful   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   778 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:01 AM

Dark Souls' combat is fine. Witcher's is the wonky one.

Also smh at it being 1st person

Witcher is third person. 

#16301 Yamato   not motivated CAGiversary!   3921 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:05 AM

Witcher is third person. 

He was expressing dismay at someone else saying Witcher is first person. We know its third person.

#16302 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4291 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:09 AM

Wow, you guys are not kidding. This demo is terrible. None of the controls are like Far Cry Classic and the graphics are just sad.

Then the demo is terrible?  All I see here are multiplayer games with only two "Capture the flag" games available. There's no single player campaign in this. Is the actual game different?

The demo (rated 1,337 times on XBL) is multiplayer only with 1 map and 1 game mode I think. I'm surprised people are still playing an 8 year old demo.

Full game has 2 campaigns. Thanks to the map maker (actual maker, not editor like Halo series) and great community, there are over 4,000 custom maps (plus a ton not on that website, including about 10 from me) . 5 game modes that come with the game and a bunch of community variants (similar to how people made their own games in Halo 2 before you had a ton of custom game options).

The achievements are rough though. I was able to get all the multiplayer achievements without boosting, but I'm not sure if the game is still active anymore, especially with everybody using party chat. Some community variants would be completely ruined with party chat. I probably played several thousand hours of multiplayer. The offline achievements suck because difficulty achievements don't stack and they put collectables (300 I think) in ridiculous locations.

#16303 IamnotBatman   The Daylight Knight CAGiversary!   501 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

IamnotBatman

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:10 AM

Does anyone have and want to team up in PvZ:Garden Warfare?

#16304 fatboyjam   A Champagne Jam CAGiversary!   713 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:13 AM

How is Dishonored? I've watched a Quick Look video and checked out reviews and it looks like it could be good. 

Also, how is the second season of TWD so far? I thought the first season was amazing and I'd expect it wouldn't live up to the excellent intense/emotional experience of the first season. Is it very good so far or should I hold out?

#16305 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6509 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:20 AM

BioShock Infinite DLCs are a gold deal, but the pass isn't (currently?) part of it.

http://marketplace.x...dType=GameAddon

#16306 drsarcasm   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   56 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

drsarcasm

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:23 AM

Already picked up Duck Tales and Split/Second (I went all Disney). Debating whether to get Pac Man Museum, but I already have CE on the Arcade disc.

#16307 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:25 AM

BioShock Infinite DLCs are a gold deal, but the pass isn't (currently?) part of it.

Interesting... The season pass is still a much better deal. Weird. You'd think they'd drop $5 off the SP or something...

#16308 Metalepic   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   332 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Metalepic

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:25 AM

How is Dishonored? I've watched a Quick Look video and checked out reviews and it looks like it could be good. 

Also, how is the second season of TWD so far? I thought the first season was amazing and I'd expect it wouldn't live up to the excellent intense/emotional experience of the first season. Is it very good so far or should Ibou hold out?

im about 2 hours into and i enjoy it

more polished then other bethesda games

and im loving the overall setting during the plague

#16309 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:26 AM

my haul from this sale:

Split/Second

#16310 fuze9   piddle patrol, assemble! CAGiversary!   861 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:28 AM

Does anyone have and want to team up in PvZ:Garden Warfare?

Ooh, me! Fuze9 on Xbox Live (360 only).

#16311 starmartyr   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   309 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

starmartyr

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:29 AM

Bioshock 1 and 2 are also on sale for $4.99 each for Gold.  (Don't know if those were in the results Bloomy posted)

#16312 the Gooseler   Damon Baird CAGiversary!   946 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

the Gooseler

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:32 AM

It begins, the great DLC sale of our time!!!

Hope something good goes on sale. Since the GWG program unless a game is really cheap I will hold out. DLC on ther other hand I'm all for.
Got nothing but the Walking dead s2 pass since I got a bunch of Telltale games on PSN for a $1.

#16313 Franzen40   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   49 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:33 AM

Bioshock 1 and 2 are also on sale for $4.99 each for Gold.  (Don't know if those were in the results Bloomy posted)

Ahhh I don't know if I should finally pick these up or not... I only have 20 gb of HD space left though and a lot of that has to go to Dark Souls 2 DLC.

#16314 preston181   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1300 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

preston181

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:34 AM

im about 2 hours into and i enjoy it
more polished then other bethesda games
and im loving the overall setting during the plague

My Clementine is a hardass in the game. Very enjoyable, and $7.50 is a bargain for the season pass.

#16315 the Gooseler   Damon Baird CAGiversary!   946 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

the Gooseler

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:39 AM

You have to either buy a Western Digital drive and hack it yourself or buy a pre-hacked one from an Amazon/Ebay seller. Somehow someone got hold of a 500GB security sector early this year, previously the limit was 320GB.

Is this a banable off fence? Already lost an xbox during the Oman wars but I need space to purchase more things from Microsoft.

#16316 Bloomy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6509 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:40 AM

I didn't check for those.  My thought process went in a different direction - I was checking DLCs of other daily deals whose DLCs weren't part of last week's sale.  I've seen the Gold markdown on BioShock's page come and go with refreshes, but haven't seen BioShock 2's Gold price yet, or if any of its DLC is part of it.  Not saying I don't believe you, just saying the web site takes a bit of time to settle in.

#16317 evful   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   778 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:42 AM

I didn't check for those.  My thought process went in a different direction - I was checking DLCs of other daily deals whose DLCs weren't part of last week's sale.  I've seen the Gold markdown on BioShock's page come and go with refreshes, but haven't seen BioShock 2's Gold price yet, or if any of its DLC is part of it.  Not saying I don't believe you, just saying the web site takes a bit of time to settle in.

I went down the same DLC checking path and found nothing. When I circled back around to bioshock 1&2 the discounts are there now but no DLC at the moment. 

#16318 fatboyjam   A Champagne Jam CAGiversary!   713 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:42 AM

Thanks for the replies. The tone of TWD season 2 is a little different but I still like episode 1 so far. I think I'll grab the season pass.

It looks like you can approach Dishonored a few different ways (total stealth, sniping guys out, etc.) Unless it gets repetitive further in, I'll probably pick that up too.

#16319 Cage017   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4969 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:50 AM

The demo (rated 1,337 times on XBL) is multiplayer only with 1 map and 1 game mode I think. I'm surprised people are still playing an 8 year old demo.

Full game has 2 campaigns. Thanks to the map maker (actual maker, not editor like Halo series) and great community, there are over 4,000 custom maps (plus a ton not on that website, including about 10 from me) . 5 game modes that come with the game and a bunch of community variants (similar to how people made their own games in Halo 2 before you had a ton of custom game options).

The achievements are rough though. I was able to get all the multiplayer achievements without boosting, but I'm not sure if the game is still active anymore, especially with everybody using party chat. Some community variants would be completely ruined with party chat. I probably played several thousand hours of multiplayer. The offline achievements suck because difficulty achievements don't stack and they put collectables (300 I think) in ridiculous locations.

The controls seem weird, but if it goes on sale I'll give it another try,

Speaking of sales, did anything drop yet?

#16320 Pheran   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1810 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:53 AM

Is this a banable off fence? Already lost an xbox during the Oman wars but I need space to purchase more things from Microsoft.

As far as I know no one has ever been banned for using a modded hard drive, but obviously I am not MS so YMMV.  There are many folks in the DigiEx thread who have been using them for a long time on Live with no problems.  I'm about to pull the trigger on getting a WD5000LPVX so I can try this out myself.