* * * * - 50 votes

XBL Deals - Jan 6 - Sep 4, 2014

XBL Xbox Live XBLA Games on Demand DLC Arcade Avatar Item

#19261 the Gooseler   Damon Baird CAGiversary!   816 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

the Gooseler

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:19 PM

Sorry to hear that Bloomy. Don't know you personally but from your posts you seem like a nice helpful person. Good luck with what ever happens.

.... You constantly feel like a BAMF.

Like teleporting?

#19262 Tacit Ronin  

Tacit Ronin

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:26 PM

MGSV: TPP gameplay starting at 2:00 EST. It'll be on Konami's Twich. It'll probably be running on PS4,  but there's apparently gonna be a Q&A at the end.

#19263 dominator   Boss CAGiversary!   1851 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:27 PM

Sorry to bust the bubbles of people saying Tomb Raider is an Xbox exclusive forever.

http://www.superhero...r-xbox#/slide/1

On the one hand, I was wrong. Not dead wrong in terms of the game being exclusive for quite a while it seems, but wrong that it widely exclusive forever which seems unpractical in retrospect.

Regardless, this is still great. I can't wait till the game launches and hopefully the Sony fanboy meltdown can finally stop.

#19264 the Gooseler   Damon Baird CAGiversary!   816 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

the Gooseler

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:30 PM

Sorry to bust the bubbles of people saying Tomb Raider is an Xbox exclusive forever.

http://www.superhero...r-xbox#/slide/1

Thanks, they finally confirmed that it will be on the 360. My reasons for upgrading continue to remain low.

#19265 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11182 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:47 PM

Thanks, they finally confirmed that it will be on the 360. My reasons for upgrading continue to remain low.

At this rate my 360 is going to keep on truckin' into 2016 when Mass Effect and Gears of War are happening.

#19266 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5290 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:59 PM

Final Fantasy VII becoming a PSX exclusive after initial N64 test footage was shown. The world's first betrayalton. :lol:

And on topic, Tomb Raider 1 was released for both PSX and Sega Saturn, and then Tomb Raider 2 went PlayStation exclusive.

I didn't even think about FF7. That's a great example, though there haven't been any cases like that in almost 20 years. I also thought you said "Betraystation" and found that hilarious.

The Tomb Raider doesn't count since it wasn't "years" at all.

PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you a cookie.

On the one hand, I was wrong. Not dead wrong in terms of the game being exclusive for quite a while it seems, but wrong that it widely exclusive forever which seems unpractical in retrospect.
Regardless, this is still great. I can't wait till the game launches and hopefully the Sony fanboy meltdown can finally stop.

Now you're trying to backpedal. Your previous post made it sound like it should be apparent to everyone why Tomb Raider would be a non-timed Xbox exclusive. Then you deride PlayStation customers to further mitigate your embarrassment. Can't you make a non-politician mea culpa?

#19267 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5406 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:09 PM

SO glad you guys talked me into Titanfall. That game kicks ass!

It really does kick ass. I'm not a PvP guy at all, but I love Titanfall. My enjoyment of it has been given new life with the Frontiers Edge DLC. Hit me up if you want to get a crew together. I play with a couple guys pretty regularly and we have a good time.

#19268 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5538 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:09 PM

I was figuring that it would be 2 years before I got an X1. If it hadn't been for Best Buy practically handing me one for free, there's no way I would have jumped in so early.

#19269 CaseX   CAG addict CAGiversary!   2113 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:21 PM

SO glad you guys talked me into Titanfall. That game kicks ass!

The sad thing is, all other games will seem slow in comparison.  I've had to put the marathon perk on all my CoD classes just so my guy doesn't feel like a lazy ass.  And I keep trying to sprint in games that don't even have sprint in it.  Lol.

#19270 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11182 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:25 PM

I also thought you said "Betraystation" and found that hilarious.

"Betraystation" was when I couldn't play Soul Calibur III because at the time I only had a Dreamcast and GameCube. :lol:

#19271 Polerand   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Polerand

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:37 PM

So anyone here play Titanfall on the 360? I am trying to play it but it just won't connect to the servers.  Getting really close to trading it without playing since I got it cheap at Kmart.

I play on 360. I used to have awful troubles with the server ... then I moved my wireless router to the same room as ny console and it improved massively. Still get the occasional server drop, but those seem to affect everyone in the match.

#19272 ooga   Mmm Zombie Chickens! CAGiversary!   2615 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:52 PM

"Betraystation" was when I couldn't play Soul Calibur III because at the time I only had a Dreamcast and GameCube. :lol:

LOL! Same here. SC3 is the only SC game I don't have. I've even bought 2 copies of SC2 (GC & Xbox).

It's a shame that "Damnco-Badguy" did such a lousy job with SC5.

#19273 Jimmienoman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3547 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Jimmienoman

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:00 PM

By the time ROTTR comes out next December, the X1 install base will be significantly higher. Halo 5 and the MCC is going to move a ton of systems, nobody can dispute that. Its not like the system is doing poorly right now anyway. Its just not getting by on hype at an astonishing rate like Sony is.

I loved they brought in old pros to the unveiling event for the remastered Halo 2/ MCC. Seeing Flamesword and his epic beard, pistola and the rest at the revealing brought back some old memories ala Gamebattles on USA network.

Overall you can tell the maps weren't made for true HD and look sort of overlayed background but the map itself looks amazing, but I didn't expect much more given how bright some of them originally were.

#19274 barrysowders   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   413 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

barrysowders

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:17 PM

So Phil Spencer said Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive.

http://www.ign.com/a...clusive-on-xbox

#19275 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4285 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:26 PM

I think it is more surprising that Phil announced that instead of keeping it secret than finding out the game is timed exclusive. Probably would've convinced a few people it would only be on Xbox forever without actually saying it (I think they already had). I'm going to guess 6 months to a year, but it would be funny if it ended up being something like a couple days or ridiculously long like 9,999 years.

#19276 Moo Moo Dairy   [Title Not Selected] Banned   2872 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Moo Moo Dairy

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:39 PM

Cool, so you'll be able to play it on PC like any video game ever but not on a PS4 or Wii U

#19277 sickman   Bringer of Light CAGiversary!   350 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:41 PM

All of Phil's comments just lead me to believe it will someday come out on PC, especially when he compares it to the Ryse and Dead Rising 3 deals. I suppose there's always a chance is could come to PS4 eventually. I never thought Mass Effect would make it, but here we are.

Someone mentioned that Microsoft wouldn't compensate them for losing 2 million unit sales on other platforms? You really don't think MS has $120 million to throw around for an exclusive game? How much did they give Activision to delay some CoD dlc maps by a few weeks? $120mil is nothing.

#19278 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5406 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:50 PM

LOL! Same here. SC3 is the only SC game I don't have. I've even bought 2 copies of SC2 (GC & Xbox).
It's a shame that "Damnco-Badguy" did such a lousy job with SC5.

I wanted to love SCV but something was missing. I'd love to hear that SCVI is coming and it's something fresh for the series.

#19279 KaneRobot   The Profit$ of Doom CAGiversary!   10530 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:53 PM

There's the price I was waiting for on Ground Zeroes.

#19280 B-Man   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   170 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:05 PM

At this rate my 360 is going to keep on truckin' into 2016 when Mass Effect and Gears of War are happening.

At this rate my backlog for my current systems will keep me busy into 2183 when Mass Effect actually happens.

#19281 LostMyNarbles  

LostMyNarbles

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

All of Phil's comments just lead me to believe it will someday come out on PC, especially when he compares it to the Ryse and Dead Rising 3 deals. I suppose there's always a chance is could come to PS4 eventually. I never thought Mass Effect would make it, but here we are.

Someone mentioned that Microsoft wouldn't compensate them for losing 2 million unit sales on other platforms? You really don't think MS has $120 million to throw around for an exclusive game? How much did they give Activision to delay some CoD dlc maps by a few weeks? $120mil is nothing.

They aren't throwing around anywhere near that amount of money that's for sure. From an article I read (Crappy author aside) he did make some good points from his own perspective.

-Microsoft is likely lending Engineer's and other employees to the project in order to insure it runs in the best condition it can, and to also leverage some work off of Square Enix.

-Microsoft will likely be paying to market the game. That'll go along way since Square Enix usually blows at that, not to mention Microsoft can better position and market the game in markets that Square Enix isn't very knowledgeable in (Since they are a Japanese Company).

-Microsoft can reduce the  console royalty fees that publishers get charged for games, in turn Microsoft doesn't pay anything out of pocket and SE makes more money in the long run.

#19282 dominator   Boss CAGiversary!   1851 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:36 PM

I didn't even think about FF7. That's a great example, though there haven't been any cases like that in almost 20 years. I also thought you said "Betraystation" and found that hilarious.

The Tomb Raider doesn't count since it wasn't "years" at all.

PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you a cookie.

Now you're trying to backpedal. Your previous post made it sound like it should be apparent to everyone why Tomb Raider would be a non-timed Xbox exclusive. Then you deride PlayStation customers to further mitigate your embarrassment. Can't you make a non-politician mea culpa?

Lol I'm not trying to backpedal, I was wrong that it was exclusive forever. But my original post was aimed at the fact that this situation and the Mass Effect situation are different, which they are. Obviously, the end result may be the same in that Rise of the Tomb Raider will end up on Playstation, just as Mass Effect did.

In any case, I too am a PS customer so I'm not berating PS customers in general, just the fanboys posting asinine comments on sites like IGN.

#19283 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10667 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:08 PM

I play on 360. I used to have awful troubles with the server ... then I moved my wireless router to the same room as ny console and it improved massively. Still get the occasional server drop, but those seem to affect everyone in the match.

The unfortunate thing is I am directly connected to the internet.  The game is running poorly also. The title screen runs for about 3 seconds and then freezes for about 5 seconds over and over. I lose all control my controller.  I have tried 3 times now to connect to a server for about 45 minutes each time and I get nothing.  I really want to try the game out but this is just too much.

#19284 jbug617   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   599 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:20 PM

Credit to Wario. It looks like MS is selling digital games on Amazon. Don't know if it's credit or the game though.

http://www.amazon.co...0C52/212-53-20/

http://www.amazon.co...Z8OI/189-27-20/

edit: Just tested it and it's a download code for the game and not credit to buy it.

#19285 kcobra22  

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:56 PM

hmm...developers of Payday are making a FPS co-op Walking Dead game.

#19286 eliter1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2946 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:58 PM

Signed up for EA Access and I want to trade in BF4 so I'll trade-in my physical copy of Titanfall and get the digital version. Don't think there'll be that many good trade-in opportunities for this games in the future.

#19287 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13591 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:10 PM

Credit to Wario. It looks like MS is selling digital games on Amazon. Don't know if it's credit or the game though.

http://www.amazon.co...0C52/212-53-20/

http://www.amazon.co...Z8OI/189-27-20/

edit: Just tested it and it's a download code for the game and not credit to buy it.

Too bad the only ones they appear to have are those two, both of which are/were free.

Is it sad that my "favorites" on XBO are still mainly just shadowrun players?

#19288 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11182 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:17 PM

hmm...developers of Payday are making a FPS co-op Walking Dead game.

We need some Left 3 Dead. No other zombie FPS will do.

#19289 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10667 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:34 PM

The CoD Advanced Warfare Xbox One bundle is tempting.  Not sure if it is worth an extra $100 for the digital copy since I usually play CoD about a month and then trade it in.  The 1 TB HD is the biggest selling point.

#19290 genneo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   586 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:44 PM

The CoD Advanced Warfare Xbox One bundle is tempting.  Not sure if it is worth an extra $100 for the digital copy since I usually play CoD about a month and then trade it in.  The 1 TB HD is the biggest selling point.

Save that $100 and put it towards an external hdd to attach at a later point?