Best Buy DotD: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag [PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PC] $29.99/$23.99 Unlocked

Status
Not open for further replies.
DAMMIT BB!  Stop it already!!!  I already bought 6 used games, Scribblenauts Unmasked 3ds and Aquapazza!!!  REALLY.....STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe would've bitten if it was PS4 version but no dice. I really hated AC3 and I beat the story mode, Worst 23 hours I've spent in a game recently, just kept playing and hoping it would even out.

Can't decide.....wii u or ps3 version?? If I get the ps3 then I can spend the $10 for ps4 upgrade. If I get the wii u then I can use the kick ass gamepad. Any input is appreciated.

I also have to say I was disappointed by BB's DOTD for games this year. 2012 had okay deals but 2011 was the best. I remember getting my niece Nintendogs for 3DS, only 7 months after release for only $8 one day during 2011 when she got a 3DS from Santa. Since then, DOTD during the holidays has been a major disappointment like BB blew all their great deals back in 2011

well I went with the ps3 version. Used the free $25 gift card from the previous ps4 game deal. Ended up costing me $1.08 out of pocket.

Super tempted even if I hated 3, anyone think this will hit 20 within a month or two? I'm not really in a hurry.

Would get it so I could get the ps4 version for 10 bucks.

Can't decide.....wii u or ps3 version?? If I get the ps3 then I can spend the $10 for ps4 upgrade. If I get the wii u then I can use the kick ass gamepad. Any input is appreciated.
I'm torn between them too. the only thing the PS3 version has going for it is the exclusive bonus content that won't ever be available for the other consoles.. :eek: that bonus Aveline mission.. Aveline <3.. other than that everything is identical. I dunno if there'd be any delay with the Wii U version getting DLC packs. And those free promos for the butcher blade and masthead allow you to get codes for any version.. bottom line.. does Aveline mean more to you than the gamepad? :x I..I think I love her. Her and the new Lara Croft..

But I'm also thinking: this is an AC game. :/ within another month the price will probably plunge further.

Last edited by a moderator:
4445209_700b.jpg

This is how I feel after buying this. lol

So aciv on ps4 was a 10 upgrade game? If anyone can confirm current copies still work for this, I might bite. Been trying to waiting for 35 or less for the ps4 version and this would work.

Also be a good way to really see the difference between the ps3 and ps4 versions.

So yea, someone hurry up and confirm this is still good for the 10 upgrade :)

...I really hated AC3 and I beat the story mode, Worst 23 hours I've spent in a game recently, just kept playing and hoping it would even out.
Same here. AC3 totally turned me off the AC series...but $30 in early January seems so tempting... what to do...???

So aciv on ps4 was a 10 upgrade game? If anyone can confirm current copies still work for this, I might bite. Been trying to waiting for 35 or less for the ps4 version and this would work.

Also be a good way to really see the difference between the ps3 and ps4 versions.

So yea, someone hurry up and confirm this is still good for the 10 upgrade :)
The upgrade for Assassin's Creed 4 is good until January 31st.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/09/19/how-to-upgrade-select-ps3-games-to-their-ps4-versions/

I did it when I picked up the Collector's Edition for the PS3 for $30 something at Target. Just use the PS3 disk when you play on the PS4.

Same here. AC3 totally turned me off the AC series...but $30 in early January seems so tempting... what to do...???
You should give AC4 a chance. The devs listened to the criticism of AC3 and AC4 is definitely an improvement. This game is more polished, throws you right into the action instead of starting off slow, and the naval combat has really improved. My one big complaint is that the main story kinda sucks, but it's the sort of game that's at its best when it lets you make your own fun - hunting, sailing the seas for ships to raid, assassination contracts, etc. I read reviews from other gamers who also hated AC3 - they loved this game.

I played through the whole game on the Wii U gamepad in bed at night and enjoyed it very much. I didn't see any serious slowdown or other issues. It was a blast. Plus all the Uplay rewards stuff tied into the account I already maintain for Ubi games on my PC and Xbox360.

=/ Thanks, but no. This is one AC I will wait for a price drop on...and when I have cash for a $30 copy.

Best Buy already milked near $70 from my wallet's teat for Walking Dead Seasons 1 and 2, and then Die Hard and Underworld Anthologies. And I am set for games for now...

But I will play this someday.

I definitely want to pick this up for Wii U but I'm patient and I'll wait.  The price seems to be dropping quickly and it'll hit $20 before too long and on sale for $15 at some point this year (like AC3 was around Black Friday) wouldn't surprise me.

So, I already bought the PS4 version from Sam's club deal, but it is still sealed, so I can return or resell it. Just trying to decide if Id rather have the "pure" PS4 version, or the PS3/PS4 hybrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back