* * * * - 10 votes

Radioshack Trade 5 "electronic devices" get min 25$

#91 xbltheshadow   I Love Guitar Hero CAGiversary!   854 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

xbltheshadow

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:06 PM

Just got done trading a box full of stuff. They took the few video games I had, and a ton of old cellphones. Had headphones (over the head), computer speakers, bluetooth mouse that they didn't take, but made out with $50! Gonna put it towards a pre-order of a new game! :)

#92 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11548 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:47 PM

I just went in my break. And traded those free headphones you get from International flights. My store won't take video games.

I don't know how are you guys able to get $50, the system won't allow more than 5 items per ID.

And unless you have something that's worth nothing, I don't recommend it. Employees do not know what they are doing, the whole process was painfully slow. I returned to work a little late fortunately my boss is stuck in New York.

#93 The Orange Alert  

The Orange Alert

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

My dad, my brother and I just got back and they took everything I brought them - games, an old cellphone and a few headphones. The headphones were actually from Jet Blue Airlines and they still took them. Didn't inspect any of the stuff I brought them for scratches or how recent they were. Just took them all, no questions asked. Made out with $75, so I bought a year subscription card for XBL and have $15 left over, which I gave to my brother. My mother is going back in later to get rid of some more stuff once she gets home from work.

Awesome deal!  Here's a picture of the high quality titles that Radio Shack took off my hands:

https://mail.google....w&sz=w1249-h493

#94 xbltheshadow   I Love Guitar Hero CAGiversary!   854 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

xbltheshadow

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

I just went in my break. And traded those free headphones you get from International flights. My store won't take video games.

I don't know how are you guys able to get $50, the system won't allow more than 5 items per ID.

And unless you have something that's worth nothing, I don't recommend it. Employees do not know what they are doing, the whole process was painfully slow. I returned to work a little late fortunately my boss is stuck in New York.

It was me and my mother-in-law. They're strict on the 5 per ID clause

#95 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:52 PM

Anybody have any luck trading in duplicates like two of the same headphones or games?

#96 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13607 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:56 PM

Still wondering if anyone has tried two trades just at different stores

#97 Cfranchise13   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   162 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Cfranchise13

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:58 PM

My radioshack took anything...

I brought in a non usb mouse, non usb keyboard, a usb hub, monoprice earbuds and a housephone.

GF brought 5x PC titles that were CD Key specific, they took it anyway.

We brought some other stuff just in case, but yeah lol... We watched them put in the items and it's just a fill in form where the associate just types in what kind of item it is, hits appraise and it says $5. He misspelled "mouse" to "moose" and he didn't care, just pushed it through. Said he's been doing a ton of these. He mentioned to me that someone tried to trade in a george foreman grill, and that's about the only thing they declined. Not sure if it's because it's not really a consumer electronic or it weighed more than 5lbs.

#98 stewie75  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:18 PM

all this florida talk is bringing back fond memories of the game, germany or florida.

#99 sp00ge   Hey guys, I'm a turd! CAGiversary!   11840 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

Ok, so are people getting giftcards out of this?  The FAQ says:

WHEN AND WHERE CAN I REDEEM THE TRADE-IN CREDIT I EARN DURING THIS PROMOTION?

The instant trade-in credit that is earned as part of this promotion must be redeemed in-store at the time of the trade. The credit cannot be redeemed at a later date or on radioshack.com.

#100 Jaashua   BANNED CAGiversary!   2145 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

Anybody have any luck trading in duplicates like two of the same headphones or games?

My store said there would be no problem with duplicates. I'm trying ATK later.

#101 raven054   Banned CAGiversary!   506 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:37 PM

Did anyone get a amazon kindle card with there's? This rep wouldn't let me after getting my gc stating you couldn't do it on prepaid phone cards or gift cards. I am going to try to but it somewhere else

#102 georgebot84   Steamboy CAGiversary!   904 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

georgebot84

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

Did anyone get a amazon kindle card with there's? This rep wouldn't let me after getting my gc stating you couldn't do it on prepaid phone cards or gift cards. I am going to try to but it somewhere else

yeah, I did.  If you got a gift card it will work.

#103 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

My store said there would be no problem with duplicates. I'm trying ATK later.

Thanks.

We should update the OP to show that the promo ends on Feb 28

#104 tuffguycore   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1057 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

tuffguycore

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:01 PM

Anyone know if they're taking PS1 games or anything like that?  I have Madden 99 that is BEGGING to be traded in.  I have a few headphones that don't work that well anymore that I'm hoping they'll take without checking.

#105 raven054   Banned CAGiversary!   506 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:08 PM

yeah, I did. If you got a gift card it will work.

Yah that rep was stupid then after going to another store to get the kindle card, I realized she didn't ring me right so i only got 20. Not worth me driving back there.

#106 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5122 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:13 PM

anybody try earbuds yet?

Worked for me.

#107 Nekopanchi2012   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   100 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Nekopanchi2012

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:20 PM

My radio Shack took nothing? Roseville Michigan. They said it was only for old cell phones, "consumer electronics" I don't think they knew what was going on. :shame: The Reps (2) didn't even know what i was talking about. I'll try again another day i guess.

#108 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11548 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:27 PM

My radio Shack took nothing? Roseville Michigan. They said it was only for old cell phones, "consumer electronics" I don't think they knew what was going on. :shame: The Reps (2) didn't even know what i was talking about. I'll try again another day i guess.

It's a store by store basis. My store says the manager says no video games, only video consoles.

#109 DeathMoJo   The Navy Guy CAGiversary!   1456 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

Confirmed that this works. I traded in an old clock radio, ps1 console, bluetooth headset, 3rd party PS3 controller and a gamecube game. 

They do have to verify everything works minus the video game, just had to be complete. They didn't verify the PS3 controller and just trusted me. The radio and console they plugged in to make sure it turned on. 

You can only do one transaction per license so trade-in 5 items at once so you can get $25. They gave me a gift card and i turned right around at bought a $25 Amazon gift card with no issue. Good for some tablet accessories.

#110 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5122 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:05 PM

It's a store by store basis. My store says the manager says no video games, only video consoles.

Quick ... let me get my PS3 ready ... $5 here we come

#111 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4578 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:13 PM

There is a link in the op to find stores that do this promotion.

#112 DeliveryPizza   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   291 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

DeliveryPizza

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:08 AM

Here was my experience at my Radioshack:

I first tried to trade in a couple keyboards, and they said they wouldn't take them.  They also said they wouldn't take any sort of headphones or computer mice.  Said it needed to be able to "power on."  They also said they wouldn't take my PC games I brought in.  They said they needed to be console games.  "We are looking for things we can resell," is what they told me.  haha. Fortunately, I brought in plenty of extra stuff in case something like this happened.

I ended up trading in 3 PS2 games, an old MP3 player (128 MB!!!!), and an old wired router.  

#113 davo1224   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3040 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:10 AM

I traded in Heavenly Sword for PS3, two pairs of headphones, a beat up XBox 360 headset, and an original XBox controller. They wouldn't take this really old boxed up security system thing I had or a mouse and keyboard. I just ended up chucking that stuff. Now what to get?

#114 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11548 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:13 AM

I traded in Heavenly Sword for PS3, two pairs of headphones, a beat up XBox 360 headset, and an original XBox controller. They wouldn't take this really old boxed up security system thing I had or a mouse and keyboard. I just ended up chucking that stuff. Now what to get?

Hate to tell you this, but Heavenly Sword is an easy sell for $10 on eBay, I just sold one there.

#115 DeathMoJo   The Navy Guy CAGiversary!   1456 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:13 AM

If you get a gift card remember the sell Microsoft Points, PSN cards, Amazon, Google Play and iTunes gift cards as well.

#116 davo1224   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3040 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:22 AM

TooPoor, on 08 Jan 2014 - 7:13 PM, said:

Hate to tell you this, but Heavenly Sword is an easy sell for $10 on eBay, I just sold one there.

I'd much rather take the easy $5 that I'm gonna spend on something else anyway, which is what it would come out to after fees and shipping.

#117 nas6034   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   790 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:23 AM

What will you make after ebay fees, pp fees and postage? probably around $6-7? Not worth the hassle in this case.

#118 DesertEagleXIX   Semper Economus! CAGiversary!   3247 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

DesertEagleXIX

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:32 AM

Just got back from the shack.

They wouldn't take video games, only electronic hardware. I did manage to trade old promo USB drives and airflight earphone.

They all went into a box that had the most disgusting bukkake-ized keyboard. The thing looked covered by years of furious fapping.

#119 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15681 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:41 AM

Hmm, knew they took games, but not old crappy headphones, etc. I should be able to get some junk for the next time i pass by a RS then

#120 SonicGamer   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   998 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:36 AM

Just got back from the shack.

They wouldn't take video games, only electronic hardware. I did manage to trade old promo USB drives and airflight earphone.

They all went into a box that had the most disgusting bukkake-ized keyboard. The thing look covered by years of furious fapping.

lol that made me lol anyway im going to try tomorrow i got stuff lying around time to make sumcredit lol