* * * * * 4 votes

FREE $20 Bonus PlayStation Digital Content Credit from Amazon for a Trade In

#31 Cfranchise13   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Cfranchise13

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:22 PM

Nvm, saw that it is very limited...

Did get my mw3 flip in time but they don't have anything I want. Would've gotten the Last of Us SP DLC if it was available to use on pre order stuff.

#32 Boss   [Removed by Admin] CAGiversary!   1998 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:24 PM

According to SD you cant send them the game sealed as a trade in. I believe this to be true though I have never sent them a sealed game -- but most places (BB, GS) will reject sealed games from trade in. 

#33 Wario64  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:26 PM

I got in on the COD order. It says mail in by Jan 15th. That means I just need to drop it off at UPS by Jan 15th, right? As oppose to them receiving it by Jan 15th.

You can tell I don't do Amazon trade ins.

#34 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6671 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

I got in on the COD order. It says mail in by Jan 15th. That means I just need to drop it off at UPS by Jan 15th, right? As oppose to them receiving it by Jan 15th.

Correct, as long as UPS has it by the 15th, you should be good to go.

#35 acthechamp   The CAG Hero CAGiversary!   1481 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:29 PM

According to SD you cant send them the game sealed as a trade in. I believe this to be true though I have never sent them a sealed game -- but most places (BB, GS) will reject sealed games from trade in. 

Open the seal and return it. Problem solved.

#36 Pliskin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3300 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

Damn, another great PS trade in promo from amazon. Thanks OP.

#37 Zolor23   Hey there. CAGiversary!   2971 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:29 PM

You can send the game sealed. I'm pretty sure some CAGs have done it over in the Amazon Trade In FAQ. It all depends on the grader though.

Yeah. Amazon is really lax with their deadlines. You could probably send it in a couple days after too. As long as they receive it within a month or so, it'll be fine.

#38 KornKid91   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   211 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

KornKid91

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

Tempting, but considering free shipping is now $35+, they charge taxes in my state, and that I usually find things cheaper on other sites Amazon isn't the best place for me to shop at anymore. As it is I have a $50 giftcard and I'm baffled at to what to spend it on cause everything I want is cheaper elsewhere.

#39 Jaashua   BANNED CAGiversary!   2144 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

I mentioned this at 12:37 in the Amazon thread and you give the credit to SD. I'm quite butt hurt.

#40 Boss   [Removed by Admin] CAGiversary!   1998 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:35 PM

Tempting, but considering free shipping is now $35+, they charge taxes in my state, and that I usually find things cheaper on other sites Amazon isn't the best place for me to shop at anymore. As it is I have a $50 giftcard and I'm baffled at to what to spend it on cause everything I want is cheaper elsewhere.

You can always sell your GC on the Trading Forum. I buy them myself from traders all the time. PM me if interested.

#41 jessesixto   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   380 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

jessesixto

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

Anyone know of any flips?

Edit: For a quick flip:

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874330061

Buy for $54.99, flip for $74.49 + the $20 Credit. Basically making $39.50

Batman: Arkham Origins Collector's Edition - Xbox 360 Collectors Edition is no longer available for trade-in.

This item has been removed from your cart. Please check again for availability later.

#42 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

Just a quick caution:

That Arkham Origins CE (360) high TIV has been up for awhile. I could forsee another Defiance CE situation where the graders mass deny all trade-ins for that game. Just make sure if you buy one for the sake of trading it into AZ that its something you would want to keep in case they don't accept it

Edit:

Batman: Arkham Origins Collector's Edition - Xbox 360 Collectors Edition is no longer available for trade-in.

This item has been removed from your cart. Please check again for availability later.

Must have just gotten pulled. I got a trade-in for that item accepted a few minutes ago. 3:35PM EST to be exact

#43 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4056 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

Wow Amazon is taking PS3 Killer is dead for $13.06 right now... See ya K.I.D!

#44 johnnypark   Farewell My Viking! CAGiversary!   3391 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

MGS HD on Vita is trading for $20 right now, but used copies are selling for almost $50. Has it gone out of print? If so I'd rather hang onto my copy...

#45 Chocoburger   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   420 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Chocoburger

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

Wow, I was debating for awhile whether to go with MW3 trade in, glad I made it in just in time. Not sure why people don't like whats on offer, but at least for me, since I don't own Last of Us or ACIV yet, I got some good options to pick from with this deal. For everyone else you could get a "free" 3-month subscription to PS+, which is a great deal in of itself.

#46 Zolor23   Hey there. CAGiversary!   2971 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:58 PM

Wow, I was debating for awhile whether to go with MW3 trade in, glad I made it in just in time. Not sure why people don't like whats on offer, but at least for me, since I don't own Last of Us or ACIV yet, I got some good options to pick from with this deal. For everyone else you could get a "free" 3-month subscription to PS+, which is a great deal in of itself.

Just a tip for the future. For Amazon trade-ins, just submit the trade then think about it. Your value will be locked in, but you aren't required to send it in if you decide otherwise afterwards.

#47 AwRy108   AwRy108 CAGiversary!   2049 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:59 PM

Just make sure you print out all the trade-in documentation before the 15th; otherwise, you lose the ability to do so after that date.

Just a quick caution:

That Arkham Origins CE (360) high TIV has been up for awhile. I could forsee another Defiance CE situation where the graders mass deny all trade-ins for that game. Just make sure if you buy one for the sake of trading it into AZ that its something you would want to keep in case they don't accept it

Edit:

Must have just gotten pulled. I got a trade-in for that item accepted a few minutes ago. 3:35PM EST to be exact

If the grader dicks you over, just call an Amazon CS rep and explain the situation--they'll make it right.  I've only ever had one trade-in go poorly, and Amazon made sure I was credited the full amount I was due.

#48 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:59 PM

^ Everyone, or near everyone had their Defiance CE trade-in denied. It isn't worth the effort to have to contact Amazon customer service when they don't run the trade in program

#49 argyle   Mr. Lucky CAGiversary!   6421 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

Nvm, saw that it is very limited...

Did get my mw3 flip in time but they don't have anything I want. Would've gotten the Last of Us SP DLC if it was available to use on pre order stuff.

It says the Last of Us season pass qualifies, so that's the same difference really. 

#50 Zolor23   Hey there. CAGiversary!   2971 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:03 PM

Just make sure you print out all the trade-in documentation before the 15th; otherwise, you lose the ability to do so after that date.

Well, there is a trick to get your documents back for printing if you forgot to do it, but it doesn't always work so it is always better to print it out beforehand.

#51 ZhengMaster  

ZhengMaster

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

Anyone know of any flips?

Edit: For a quick flip:

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874330061

Buy for $54.99, flip for $74.49 + the $20 Credit. Basically making $39.50

Would we have to trade in everything including the figurine?

#52 Link2999   Demon Lord CAGiversary!   2038 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:07 PM

Would we have to trade in everything including the figurine?

Yup, you can use the digital stuff though.

Edit: They stopped accepting trade-ins for it anyways though, PS3 version is still good, but you won't make as much.

#53 AwRy108   AwRy108 CAGiversary!   2049 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:12 PM

^ It isn't worth the effort to have to contact Amazon customer service when they don't run the trade in program

They don't run it, but they do manage it.  Hell, for $40 in profit, I'll even take a picture of the thing before I mail it in, just as proof that it was in the condition required; and they already have access to proof of the locked-in TIV on your account page, so it's not like they can claim you're doing something wrong.

#54 ZhengMaster  

ZhengMaster

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:14 PM

Yup, you can use the digital stuff though.

Edit: They stopped accepting trade-ins for it anyways though, PS3 version is still good, but you won't make as much.

But if you trade it in as acceptable. It says accessories and such can be missing... I was thinking maybe to keep everything from the PS3 one and just trade in the game with the collector's box

#55 KaOTiK   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1843 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

But if you trade it in as acceptable. It says accessories and such can be missing... I was thinking maybe to keep everything from the PS3 one and just trade in the game with the box

Seriously?......

#56 Boss   [Removed by Admin] CAGiversary!   1998 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:15 PM

Some people like to gamble.

#57 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

Just a quick caution:

Edit:

Hrm, yeah now I'm hesitating on ordering one. 

Wasn't the whole Defiance fiasco also because Amazon and Gamestop had two different UPC's?  I think somebody that picked one up on AWD said it was different from the Gamestop one.  Ironically, both TIV's were at $75.  It's not huge profit if you factor out the digital promo and there should be another trade opportunity over the next 3 weeks anyhow. 

#58 Asgardian   Crazy Ass Game Collector CAGiversary!   950 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:22 PM

^ Everyone, or near everyone had their Defiance CE trade-in denied. It isn't worth the effort to have to contact Amazon customer service when they don't run the trade in program

WOW, I was not aware of the Defiance CE trade-in being denied! I am going to send in the Arkham Origins CE sealed, can that be denied? What reason did they give to denied the trade, surely they cannot just say they were too stupid and offered too much for it?

#59 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:27 PM

Hrm, yeah now I'm hesitating on ordering one. 

Wasn't the whole Defiance fiasco also because Amazon and Gamestop had two different UPC's?  I think somebody that picked one up on AWD said it was different from the Gamestop one.  Ironically, both TIV's were at $75.  It's not huge profit if you factor out the digital promo and there should be another trade opportunity over the next 3 weeks anyhow. 

I had nothing to do with the UPC. I bought mine from Amazon and traded it back into Amazon and they put a sticker over the UPC stating "incorrect SKU" or something to that sort. I remember dozens of posters stating that theirs got denied (ironically I can't remember anyone claiming theirs got accepted) and it didn't matter where they got it from originally---they weren't being accepted

#60 DevilDawq  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

I have the hardened edition of CoD ghosts will amazon accept it with the hardened edition case? I don't have any of the other stuff, just the hardened edition case and PS4 disk.

Also, if it's one per household can I choose a different address during the trade in steps and get another $20?