CAG Hot Shot's Golf World Invitational Tournament - SIGN UP NOW!

Yanksfan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
bf182.png

Hey guys, we've been talking about HSG a bit in the PSN thread; thought it would be cool to do a CAG tournament and several of you expressed some interest. So let's see if we can actually do something with it. If we can get 8 people signed up, it will make the brackets really easy to set up and play out.

The great thing about this is that we don't have to all be online at the same time. Just need to communicate with your opponent and set up an agreed upon time to meet up and play your match. Afterwards, come in here for a little discussion and report the results.

If you'd like to participate, just post in here stating so. Also, toss in your PSN name so I can keep an updated list in the OP.

1st CAG Tournament Participants

Yanksfan / MattNY

EldritchOnRye / EldritchOnRye

handsomepete / MildObstruction

jay_remedy / jayremedy

SynGamer / SynGamer

Breakfuss / Breakfuss

IkedaTeramusa / IkedaTeramusa

AMillsy / AMillsy

Crunchewy / Crunchewy

1 - EldritchOnRye

v                                      SynGamer

8 - SynGamer

Syngamer

4 - IkedaTeramusa

v                                      Ikeda

5 - jay_remedy                                                                    1st CAG HSG CHAMPION

Syngamer

3 - Breakfuss

v                                     handsomepete

6 - handsomepete

handsomepete

2 - Crunchewy

v                                      Amillsy

7 - Amillsy

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, got ya added. You should dig the game, its got a ton of content, the gameplay is very approachable and if one would want, they can spend a lot of time mastering some of the finer points.

I'm a pretty shitty player myself, I haven't put a ton of time into this version.

Awesome, got ya added. You should dig the game, its got a ton of content, the gameplay is very approachable and if one would want, they can spend a lot of time mastering some of the finer points.

I'm a pretty shitty player myself, I haven't put a ton of time into this version.
Just so there's no surprises, I've probably got over a hundred hours in on the game. I tried to write 'redownloaded' but my phone kept autocorrecting it because it's a dick. That said, I'm still excited to be playing it again as HSG is probably one of the greatest things to ever come out of Sony.

I'm in, but I don't have my copy yet. It has shipped via USPS. I hope they deliver faster than Amazon says (9 days yet according to them).

Crunchewy/Crunchewy

Assuming this is for Vita, I'm in.

I just got the game and have only played it a few times, but I'll give it a shot. I did the Madden PS3 CAG league a few years ago and haven't done anything like that since so I'm overdue.

PSN Name: AMillsy

I'm in, but I don't have my copy yet. It has shipped via USPS. I hope they deliver faster than Amazon says (9 days yet according to them).

Crunchewy/Crunchewy
I might see if we can get one in while we are waiting and definitely make sure you are in the next one.

We have 8 now, I think I will put the matchups together tonight and post them, as well as PM the participants. We will have four first round matches to coordinate, hopefully everyone can meet up in the next few days and knock it out.

Sorry guys, been pretty slammed at work. I took myself out and tossed in Crunchewy. I wanted ya'll to get the chance to play in the first tourney. If he doesn't get his game on Thurs, I will hit up his opponent instead. I did draw some names out of a hat to set up the first bracket:

1 - EldritchOnRye

v

8 - SynGamer

4 - IkedaTeramusa

v

5 - jay_remedy

3 - Breakfuss

v

6 - handsomepete

2 - Crunchewy (Yanksfan alternate)

v

7 - Amillsy

Have at it folks, PM your opponent and set up a time to play.

Excellent...

So, is there a particular course/rules/setup we're doing? Just so everyone is on even semi-terms in the first round? Not that it really matters, but I was thinking one of the easier courses for the first round, then progressively get harder perhaps?

Supposedly my copy actually arrived today. I'll find out when I get home.

Are we doing turn based or live? I mean assuming turn based is actually in there.

Need some details like what course, 9/18 holes. Which 9 if 9. Maybe other stuff?

Thanks for setting it up.

I sent you a PM and a PSN friend request, Crunchewy. Let me know when you get your game and want to work out a time to play.

I got the game and played the first two challenges. We need some specifics about this tournament, so I'm going to make them:

standard clubs only

first round is on the first course, front (OUT) 9.

Sounds good?

I am up for our match tonight. I can be on around 10 or 10:30. Sometimes it will be a bit later. When you see me pop up on line, we can start our match.

Those rules work for me. There should be an online hub you can meet up with your opponent where you control your little character and go up to invite them to Play. It has been a long time since I did it but I know it's possible.

Of course I get matched up against the professional hitting 30 foot putts and shit, haha, I'm out.

Yea, I had just done the 2K Crown on that set of courses.  I missed it this time cause I shanked the ball a couple of times.

The easiest way to make the game.  Online, lobby.  Pick the animal house, pick a random animal, then pick lobby number.  Hit Triangle and it'll let you create the course.  Then you choose your character and your clubs (standard).  Then you wait til they join.  I did have some lag but nothing too terrible.

1533854_10203066080358092_1807987742_n.jpg

Rabbit means you hit the button too fast, turtle too slow.  Musical note is the perfect.  Skull... well you don't want a skull.  You want the note first time every time.

So, Standard Clubs, first course, normal rules...do we have to pick the same character, or is that an open option. Because I have all but one unlocked and leveled to the max.

Are leveled up characters any different? I was thinking that just allowed access to other clubs and stuff like that. If there's a way to even everybody up lets do that. How?

We just picked from the chars we had.  In this game, the only thing that character loyalty increases is the number of special hits (which, I get something like 9 but only used 3-4) and the special shots (which unlock at loyalty 2 and 3).  As long as you don't use the end-game chars I didn't see that much of a difference between the 3 levels of toons.  It's up to ya'll.

Bit late to change what Jay and I did but I tend to choose Amy anyways.

There is ZERO way to have everyone be the same 0 loyalty though as far as I can tell.  So if you played some of the beginners, even THEY would have loyalty.  I think the only person I would think that's unfair is Pandora/Fatima.  (the last unlock)

Everyone else has their positives/negatives.  Though the experts do tend to have extra power.  But that doesn't help if you can't putt for shit. (especially if everyone uses "standard" clubs)

Hey, I think you've already got this tourney going but I just wanted to add that I'm looking forward to playing this one again. I rented it months ago but finally bought it from that cheap eBay deal. I can't remember all the idiosyncrasies so I will have to learn it again. It's my first HSG game.

I will probably send some FRs to you guys that I don't have on my list just in case we do something else in the future. It's never bad to have CAG Vita owners on your list.

Cool man, we will probably do another tourney in a few weeks. If the current crew sticks around, we will be up to 10 people.

We should also try to schedule LIVE rounds sometime. Early on we were able to get 4-5 (maybe more?) people online and into matches against other people. Was fun to see CAGs placing in the top 5 some nights :)

Well it's a good thing Syn messages me today because I've been forgetting to check this thread.
I'll jump on my Vita now if you want to host the match?

Ikeda's character was the mid tier one and I had the beginner one so he was able to hit a bit farther than me. That wasn't the sole reason he annihilated me though.

Syn and I just finished, he won -5 to -1.

I feel good that I did that well and was a few birdie putts that missed by inches from pushing him further.  That and he had an absolutely hax ninth hole eagle. :rofl:

Syn and I just finished, he won -5 to -1.

I feel good that I did that well and was a few birdie putts that missed by inches from pushing him further. That and he had an absolutely hax ninth hole eagle. :rofl:
Good game Eldritch :D Can't believe i bogey'd those two middle holes *shame*. You had like 3 putts that were mere inches away from going it. Could have been a nail-biter. We'll definitely have to do that again sometime.

After this tournament, we should try to pick a date/time and all register for a tournament for said date/time. It's even more fun when we're all playing at the same time against other human opponents around the world.

Ikeda's character was the mid tier one and I had the beginner one so he was able to hit a bit farther than me. That wasn't the sole reason he annihilated me though.
You should see me when I play with Ericka. That girl is the boss but she has some serious swing issues. And I can't get into the Gravity Rush one... she just... well her ball never flies where I want it to. She has one of them arc balls but I don't think that's totally the cause...

Yea, there are 2 types of games. 1 is asynch and AFAIK it's each hole. The other is live match. You play golf like you would in real life (i.e. further from the hole plays next). Not sure how long asynch takes. I think Jay and I finished out game in about ~20 or so yesterday live.

That's pretty neat, you can do it all turn-based, a la Words with Friends? One takes a turn and just waits for the other to do it whenever they can?
See below

You should see me when I play with Ericka. That girl is the boss but she has some serious swing issues. And I can't get into the Gravity Rush one... she just... well her ball never flies where I want it to. She has one of them arc balls but I don't think that's totally the cause...

Yea, there are 2 types of games. 1 is asynch and AFAIK it's each hole. The other is live match. You play golf like you would in real life (i.e. further from the hole plays next). Not sure how long asynch takes. I think Jay and I finished out game in about ~20 or so yesterday live.
My match with Eldrich took like an hour or something to complete. Which was fine. But in the past I'm use to doing it live, which is quicker.

bread's done
Back