Lost Odyssey [Pre-owned] $9.99 @ BestBuy.com

Not to be that guy but is that really a deal since that's what they normally sell it for and it's also available through GS for a few dollars more? Especially since the B2G1 just ended an hour ago it seems like an undeal. ;)

Not to be that guy but is that really a deal since that's what they normally sell it for and it's also available through GS for a few dollars more? Especially since the B2G1 just ended an hour ago it seems like an undeal. ;)
Since B2G1 ended as you said, and GameStop is selling it for $5 more, yeah it's a deal.

I didn't realize this is the normal price for this game pre-owned. I noticed it popped up when I was looking for clearanced video games. Still a great game for $10. :)

I had this game, its funny that the three discs came on the case and the forth is in a sleeve.
I remember that.

And it is a good price on one of the 360s best exclusives. I only knew it was their normal rate because a couple hours ago I went through all their pre-owned games under $25 trying to decide on a third game and remarked to myself that it seemed like a good price.

Yeah, and for what it's worth, it's resell value for a complete 4 disc copy has remained pretty high on eBay. When I sold mine nine months ago it was at ~$17 (OT rant: I hate that eBay cannot save your old transactions, server space is dirt cheap now and they delete your transactions after three months). Now glancing through eBay it went up to around $20. So you can take your sweet time to beat it and still get more than what you paid for it, potentially.

Last edited by a moderator:
​I bought the original Saints Row pre-owned from BB online and it came in some weird BB case with no manual or cover art. Is that ALWAYS the case? Cause i'd rather wait if I don't get the original cover and case.

​I bought the original Saints Row pre-owned from BB online and it came in some weird BB case with no manual or cover art. Is that ALWAYS the case? Cause i'd rather wait if I don't get the original cover and case.
Ohohoho.

No. It depends on the accepted trade. I've traded lots of games without cases, but most of them weren't good anyway. They were selected to make Best Buy lose money.

Best JRPG of that generation IMO (granted I haven't played Tales of Xillia or Xenoblade yet), but it is as close to a true Final Fantasy you'll find this side of FFX

Anyone on the fence about this should grab it, it's amazing. I'm actually considering ordering an extra copy to see it it would be in better condition than mine is.

Great buy got all 1000 achievements note if you buy the guide it has some missing information on finding all the tresuare. Lost odyssey is everything you would want in a classic JRPG.

I have a sealed copy sitting here and have debated many times of opening it up before deciding to move on.  Now, I think I should just buy a used copy so I may bite on this.  This way, I won't have to debate on playing this or not.  On a related note, my Blue Dragon is also still sealed and I've been wanting to play that too.

It is a great jrpg. I bought it when it 1st came out and would never trade or sell mine. Great story and characters. Shame there wasn't a sequel as the end does warrant it. 

This is possibly my favorite turn - based jrpg of all time up there with Legend of Dragoon. Took me a while to track down a good condition copy with the original artwork again.

Best JRPG of that generation IMO (granted I haven't played Tales of Xillia or Xenoblade yet), but it is as close to a true Final Fantasy you'll find this side of FFX
Xenoblade was fun but it's nowhere near Lost Odyssey's league. Xenoblade gets talked about a lot because it used to be rare...or more rare at least.

I have a sealed copy sitting here and have debated many times of opening it up before deciding to move on. Now, I think I should just buy a used copy so I may bite on this. This way, I won't have to debate on playing this or not. On a related note, my Blue Dragon is also still sealed and I've been wanting to play that too.
Don't do it. The sealed copy is worth a fortune. Keep it sealed and buy a used copy.

I still have a sealed copy, at least I think I do??  I remember buying this at Best Buy, it still has the seal on the side of the opening, but it isn't the traditional Y-fold wrapping.  Does anybody remember or those that still have a sealed copy, know what the kind of outer wrapping was on this game???

I have a sealed copy sitting here and have debated many times of opening it up before deciding to move on. Now, I think I should just buy a used copy so I may bite on this. This way, I won't have to debate on playing this or not. On a related note, my Blue Dragon is also still sealed and I've been wanting to play that too.
Open that bad boy up, sniff the inside of the manual and play literally one of the best games on the 360. Don't keep this gem sealed it begs to be opened and played. Sealed games lol.

I still have a sealed copy, at least I think I do?? I remember buying this at Best Buy, it still has the seal on the side of the opening, but it isn't the traditional Y-fold wrapping. Does anybody remember or those that still have a sealed copy, know what the kind of outer wrapping was on this game???
Yeah. Lost Odyssey didn't use y-folds. It had an ordinary shrink-wrap.

Dude, I wouldn't. Just buy a used copy for $10; if you can find Blue Dragon used for cheap, get that too. This game was one of many that made owning an Xbox 360 worth it. And when I get a cheap 360, I am getting this, Tales of Vesperia, virtually any other exclusive JRPG I can get my mitts on, for the heck of it.

Two words for these games: Hironobu Sakaguchi. The guy was responsible for the creation and quality of a certain series called Final Fantasy (till he left around the production of FF12), and then went to make Mistwalker Studios (which made Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey...and then he did The Last Story on the Wii. But if he ever figures out how to make a PS3 or PS4 RPG, I will buy it cause I know it will be awesome when he works on it).

Shipping is available again. I re-ordered since I lost my copy by lending it out to a "friend"

I can't decide whether or not to buy it now at bestbuy.com or try my luck later in the week for a copy in my local best buy?

Damn $1.99 shipping -_-

Will this come "complete" or is it a gamble? I want to re-buy this game, since I sold it off.
I just got mine, and it was just the discs in a generic case. It is probably YMMV on if it will be complete or not, struck out this time.

Oh well, still glad to have this great game back in my collection.

I had this game, its funny that the three discs came on the case and the forth is in a sleeve.
HAHA, I remember I bought this used at GS a long time ago, probably around the time it came out, and before the employee even handed it over, he pointed out that, yes, it is normally packaged like that. Made me a little suspicious, at first.

Good game, by the way. One of the better RPGs of the generation. Really, really enjoyed "A Thousand Years of Dreams."

I have it third JRPG of the generation behind Tales of Vesperia & Valkyria Chronicles, but you can't get those games for $10.

You know, this game and The Witcher 2 are almost enough to make me wish I bothered with Microsoft consoles.

Lost Odyssey... maybe one day.

I ordered it and it came in today. It was in an official Microsoft case but three of the four discs were in sleeves. The discs were very good. It was complete and otherwise pristine

This game is fantastic.  IMO, it's the last great true JRPG.  For $10 it's a no brainer and I mean that sincerely.  The story, gameplay and soundtrack are just incredible.  I even ordered the OST from playasia and give it a listen every now and again, still. 

I'm going to rebuy it, but I need the case, insert, manual, etc.  It's one that I want on the shelf and one of the very few games I regret trading in. 

Curlis, you have two options:

1 - Look for a EU case, which had room for all 4 discs

2 - Use a case similar to Blue Dragon, which held the 3 discs, with the fourth in a sleeve.

Here is a picture comparing the two

http://www.destructoid.com/elephant//ul/70121-LOCOMBO%20copy.jpg
Thanks, I'll do some searching for that 4disc case. That would look good!

Edit: After more pictures, it appears this is the US case that goes with Lost Odyssey. Still would be nice to get that 4 disc case though

http://shop.bresoftware.com/Xbox-360-Original-Replacement-Game-Case-3-Disc-Stackable-_p_24144.html

bread's done
Back