- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (2/2 to 2/8): TRU: Lego Marvel $19.99/$29.99, B1G1 40% Off $19.99 or less Video Games, Skylanders, Infinity

toysrus tru

#211 cubeenigma   Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer CAGiversary!   1057 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:38 PM

FYI, The Xbox One version of The LEGO Movie game has a $5 discount at BestBuy.com right now ($55 or $44 w/ GCU). The other consoles still show their full price. Hoping this holds out until tomorrow so I can grab it and the bonus figure in-store. Not sure that the figure is packaged with the games, given that the ad states the figures are for in-store purchases only.

as of right now it's holding at it's 54,99 price. ps4 is back at that price also. here's hoping it stays till after 5 cuz I need to trade my 360 version !

#212 ryheeles   No days off CAGiversary!   489 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

ryheeles

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

Has anyone come across a review for The Lego Movie Game yet? $44 for game + movie cash+ minifig seems like pretty decent deal. Only worth it if the game isn't trash, though.

#213 dafunkk12   Coconut Monkey CAGiversary!   1659 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

My Best Buy in Altamonte Springs couldn't find the bonus mini-fig despite three guys turning the store upside down. It's not packed in with the game nor is it a mail-in offer (but the movie ticket code is on a slip of paper inside the game case).

EDIT: Sanford, FL, had a couple figures up at the register. Sounds like they had trouble finding them this morning, too, and nor were there many.

#214 ryheeles   No days off CAGiversary!   489 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

ryheeles

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

My Best Buy in Altamonte Springs couldn't find the bonus mini-fig despite three guys turning the store upside down. It's not packed in with the game nor is it a mail-in offer (but the movie ticket code is on a slip of paper inside the game case).

It's a separate package that may not have arrived at any Best Buy stores. Just going to work now, but I've already gotten a couple calls from co-workers asking if I know where they are.

#215 fujishig   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   951 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

fujishig

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:30 PM

In the dedicated thread people are reporting that GCU isn't automatically taken off of the next gen versions of the Lego Movie game either.  So maybe no figure, maybe no discount, maybe half an hour of your life you can never get back trying to argue with them, who knows?

#216 cubeenigma   Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer CAGiversary!   1057 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:36 PM

In the dedicated thread people are reporting that GCU isn't automatically taken off of the next gen versions of the Lego Movie game either. So maybe no figure, maybe no discount, maybe half an hour of your life you can never get back trying to argue with them, who knows?

with the price difference you can easily ask them to adjust to the online after GCU price since you can just store pick up the item for that price and you'll just have to wait 10 minutes :|

that's what I intend to do lol

#217 fujishig   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   951 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

fujishig

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:38 PM

with the price difference you can easily ask them to adjust to the online after GCU price since you can just store pick up the item for that price and you'll just have to wait 10 minutes :|

that's what I intend to do lol

I thought of that, but ordering online shows no indication that you'll get the minifig, so I think it'll still be about 30 minutes of arguing, in addition to the 20 minutes to get someone to pay attention to you at the in-store pickup desk.

#218 cubeenigma   Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer CAGiversary!   1057 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:51 PM

I thought of that, but ordering online shows no indication that you'll get the minifig, so I think it'll still be about 30 minutes of arguing, in addition to the 20 minutes to get someone to pay attention to you at the in-store pickup desk.

oh yeah forgot about that. is just ask nicely since you want to buy game I store but the price isn't right . it's all YMMV .

#219 dafunkk12   Coconut Monkey CAGiversary!   1659 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:26 PM

Here are some photos of what you should be looking for re: the BBY PJ Emmet mini-fig:

mxe0YNt.jpg

59FZWYj.jpg

orZQMFc.jpg

In the dedicated thread people are reporting that GCU isn't automatically taken off of the next gen versions of the Lego Movie game either.  So maybe no figure, maybe no discount, maybe half an hour of your life you can never get back trying to argue with them, who knows?

FWIW, my GCU discount applied automatically and the mini-fig packaged down to $0 from $5. $43.99 before tax.

Both BBY I went to didn't have any LEGO Movie games for any console on the floor. One had them in the back and the other in the lock-up cage at the front. The one that had figures had them at the front register.

#220 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   4128 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:44 PM

Does anyone know how the breakdown of retailer-exclusive minifigs go? I know someone has a Robot or DJ or Robot DJ or something.

#221 blk00civicsi   Pillsbury Island CAGiversary!   2110 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

blk00civicsi

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:04 PM

In the dedicated thread people are reporting that GCU isn't automatically taken off of the next gen versions of the Lego Movie game either. So maybe no figure, maybe no discount, maybe half an hour of your life you can never get back trying to argue with them, who knows?

GCU came off just fine for me this morning. Was 7.xx OTD for me after the $40gc I got from their Xmas promo.

Couldn't find the minifig but I just called and they've since found them. Have one on hold for me to pick up.

#222 anumeric   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   121 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

anumeric

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:49 PM

Does anyone know how the breakdown of retailer-exclusive minifigs go? I know someone has a Robot or DJ or Robot DJ or something.

Walmart's exclusive is the ROBOT DJ, you can also get it from AMC theaters ( Stubs member + 3D tix)

GS has a Western Emmet for preorders.

#223 fujishig   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   951 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

fujishig

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

Yup, I just got back from the store myself, got the last minifig and GCU rang up fine.  So maybe it was just a regional thing, or they fixed it.  Cool.

Still no WiiU versions, though...

#224 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   4128 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

Walmart's exclusive is the ROBOT DJ, you can also get it from AMC theaters ( Stubs member + 3D tix)

GS has a Western Emmet for preorders.

I'll be seeing it a AMC theater tomorrow, but not in 3D.

Oh well.

#225 karmicplayground   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   46 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

karmicplayground

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:54 PM

When did Best Buy start charging tax on the xbox gold cards? I told the kid to cancel my order and went to target in the same town and SHOCK, no tax!!

#226 dafunkk12   Coconut Monkey CAGiversary!   1659 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:05 AM

I'll be seeing it a AMC theater tomorrow, but not in 3D.

Oh well.

I just saw it today, and you should reconsider (unless you've got some sort of vision impediment). Not the most "pow, in your face" usage of 3D but still really enhanced the dimensionality of the imagery.

#227 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   4128 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:54 AM

I just saw it today, and you should reconsider (unless you've got some sort of vision impediment). Not the most "pow, in your face" usage of 3D but still really enhanced the dimensionality of the imagery.

1) Non-3D is cheaper.

2) 3D Glasses on top of normal glasses isn't pleasant.

#228 JakeM17   Semper Fi CAGiversary!   832 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:31 AM

Will GCU work on PM'd items? Want to get the LEGO movie game for xbo at bb for the minifig and movie cash. It's 49.99 at Target, was gonna PM on Friday but was hoping to stack the 20% GCU on top.

GCU does not stack with a price match

#229 malfcn   CAGalicious! CAGiversary!   2480 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:14 AM

So Xbox Live is supposed to be $40, but it's trying to charge me $60 when I check out..

#230 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3694 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:58 PM

e.e it'll be awesome if suddenly the restock on those Lego games now that the sale is over.

#231 lilbuddy  

lilbuddy

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:55 PM

e.e it'll be awesome if suddenly the restock on those Lego games now that the sale is over.

I went to 5 stores all week and didn't see more than 1 copy per store on PS3 or 360. Guy told me since it was in the ad they would get more during the week. Didn't happen. Another guy last night said they probably forgot to put a hold notice out the week before so they were all sold.

#232 Stark Rhavyn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   106 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Stark Rhavyn

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:06 PM

Can't believe I missed the sale on Lego Marvel. I really need to set something up that tells me when a game I'm wanting goes on sale incase I miss it when I'm not actively looking for a sale.

#233 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7941 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:45 AM

The XBox One version is $32.99 at Best Buy right now if you have a XBox One.