* * * * - 6 votes

Best Buy @Gamer coupons 1/12/14 - 3/1/14

#781 TheFizzzzzz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2757 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

TheFizzzzzz

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:46 PM

Well hopefully you all keep getting your coupons

#782 Smash JT  

Smash JT

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

Dude, it came down from a rep at best buy that they are ending the coupons becuase you get 20% off new now,lol.

right... Sounds like a rumor. Kind of a huge deal to kill a program that has thousands involved without any official notification. Let's see it in writing from Best Buy, otherwise let's not worry too much.

#783 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

right... Sounds like a rumor. Kind of a huge deal to kill a program that has thousands involved without any official notification. Let's see it in writing from Best Buy, otherwise let's not worry too much.

http://forums.bestbu...ent/td-p/723505

I have no idea why you don't believe it, lol.

Q: What changes were made to Gamers Club Unlocked?

A: We revised the program to make it even more valuable to our members.  The new benefit of getting 20% off new video games (excluding digital) drives unprecedented value to our Unlocked members.  To make way for this new benefit, we are discontinuing offering @ Gamer to new members.  Current members will receive @ Gamer until their membership expires, or until May 2014.

Q: Where is my subscription to @Gamer?

A: If you are already an Unlocked member, you will continue to receive @ Gamer through the term of your membership.   However, in May of 2014 we will no longer be offering it to members.  New Unlocked members will not receive @ Gamer moving forward.  The coupons included in your @ Gamer magazine will also be discontinued.

#784 TheFizzzzzz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2757 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

TheFizzzzzz

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:01 PM

This^^. Seems legit to me.... Newbies and their conspiracy theories that CAGs just wanna spread misinformation lol. Got that emailed to me months ago explaining the changes to the program and discontinuing the magazine which in turn ends the coupons attached to the magazine. Myth BUSTED

#785 Smash JT  

Smash JT

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

http://forums.bestbu...ent/td-p/723505

I have no idea why you don't believe it, lol.

Q: What changes were made to Gamers Club Unlocked?
A: We revised the program to make it even more valuable to our members.  The new benefit of getting 20% off new video games (excluding digital) drives unprecedented value to our Unlocked members.  To make way for this new benefit, we are discontinuing offering @ Gamer to new members.  Current members will receive @ Gamer until their membership expires, or until May 2014.

Q: Where is my subscription to @Gamer?
A: If you are already an Unlocked member, you will continue to receive @ Gamer through the term of your membership.   However, in May of 2014 we will no longer be offering it to members.  New Unlocked members will not receive @ Gamer moving forward.  The coupons included in your @ Gamer magazine will also be discontinued.

Thank you for this. It really clears up a lot of questions. So this is the last set of coupons for everyone who qualifies -coming up... Damn. I was really hoping this was a rumor. Lol *stuffs foot in mouth*

#786 Smash JT  

Smash JT

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:07 PM

This^^. Seems legit to me.... Newbies and their conspiracy theories that CAGs just wanna spread misinformation lol. Got that emailed to me months ago explaining the changes to the program and discontinuing the magazine which in turn ends the coupons attached to the magazine. Myth BUSTED

not really a newbie. Just don't post a lot.... And yes, I trust CAG plenty, but never stop questioning things that sound fishy... Glad it's all cleared up. Thanks guys.

#787 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

so do any of you remember when games club magazine started?

#788 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12290 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:35 PM

for the people who think it isnt ending why do you think the coupons werent mentioned with the new gcu and how come the only people who are getting the coupons now are ones who renewed before november ? thinkabout it (mobster voice)

#789 TheFizzzzzz   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2757 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

TheFizzzzzz

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:00 PM

not really a newbie. Just don't post a lot.... And yes, I trust CAG plenty, but never stop questioning things that sound fishy... Glad it's all cleared up. Thanks guys.

CAG since October 2013... Pretty new... Most ppl here are trying to help. So get ready to not have coupons.

#790 Smash JT  

Smash JT

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:11 PM

CAG since October 2013... Pretty new... Most ppl here are trying to help. So get ready to not have coupons.

That's when I created a username. I was a CAG site lurker for a solid 2 years before finally becoming a part of it officially haha.

#791 starmask2k3   CAG MASTER'S Trading Ban   13744 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

starmask2k3

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:26 AM

That's when I created a username. I was a CAG site lurker for a solid 2 years before finally becoming a part of it officially haha.

U still are a lurker

#792 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10675 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:28 AM

Boom!

#793 Tmega   No Longer In Training CAGiversary!   1211 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:30 AM

Special occasions always pull em out the woodworks

#794 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12290 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:36 AM

coupon beggers are bad. lurker coupon beggers who dont contribute anything to cag are even worse smh

#795 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4054 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:37 AM

strait edge follower, on 02 Mar 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

for the people who think it isnt ending why do you think the coupons werent mentioned with the new gcu and how come the only people who are getting the coupons now are ones who renewed before november ? thinkabout it (mobster voice)

As a straight edge follower and a CM Punk fan... aren't you supposed to up and quit CAG for a period of time and eventually make a triumphant return? :rofl:

#796 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12290 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:39 AM

As a straight edge follower and a CM Punk fan... aren't you supposed to up and quit CAG for a period of time and eventually make a triumphant return? :rofl:

haaaaa ! lol i cant do that as i love this site to much. btw hes returning tommorow night. lets go cm punk !

#797 Smash JT  

Smash JT

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:42 AM

U still are a lurker

ok...

#798 kitsunisan   Meh. CAGiversary!   1538 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

kitsunisan

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:41 AM

haaaaa ! lol i cant do that as i love this site to much. btw hes returning tommorow night. lets go cm punk !

So pissed I'm working tomorrow, Chicago's gonna eat 'em alive.  Can't wait to see Batista come out.  

#799 mask-air-raid   Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda Banned   5809 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

mask-air-raid

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:05 AM

U still are a lurker

Ohoho. Now he needs to cry himself to sleep.

Great post coming from a guy I rarely see on the forums.

#800 ritchardf  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:51 AM

Ohoho. Now he needs to cry himself to sleep.

Great post coming from a guy I rarely see on the forums.

that is probably for the best, though i do see him in trading forums, begging people to trade with him. (starmask)

#801 mask-air-raid   Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda Banned   5809 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

mask-air-raid

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

I'm on mobile now, but doesn't he have a trade ban for life?

#802 BudzMcGee   GalaxyofGeek.com CAGiversary!   3680 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:17 PM

Heh, came here to see people complaining about next months' pretty lackluster coupons. Hasn't started yet. Will soon. 

#803 leylines   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1075 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:17 PM

Just got the new coupons, they're pretty terrible but give it some time and I'm sure they'll be some weird glitch where we get games for free.

#804 klimb22   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2466 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:26 PM

Heh, came here to see people complaining about next months' pretty lackluster coupons. Hasn't started yet. Will soon.

You know how it goes.

1. I haven't received mine yet. BB sucks.
2. These coupons are garbage. BB sucks.
3. I signed up on such and such date and never received any coupons. I contacted so and so and no response. BB sucks.
4. Ooohhh! Such and such games are cheap and/or free. I previously said BB sucks, but may I have a coupon?

Feel free to cut and paste your appropriate response(s) from this post.

#805 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

You know how it goes.

1. I haven't received mine yet. BB sucks.
2. These coupons are garbage. BB sucks.
3. I signed up on such and such date and never received any coupons. I contacted so and so and no response. BB sucks.
4. Ooohhh! Such and such games are cheap and/or free. I previously said BB sucks, but may I have a coupon?

Feel free to cut and paste your appropriate response(s) from this post.

you forgot the old "my son/daughter/newphew/niece/brother/sister love this game, so can i have the coupon for free?"

#806 lds337   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:46 PM

Just got mine via e-mail

#807 just sultan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   35 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

just sultan

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:50 PM

Hopefully SC will have a sale.Other than that I'm not seeing too much potential yet but you never know, ala 1.09 WiiU Black flag!

#808 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:54 PM

Just got the new coupons, they're pretty terrible but give it some time and I'm sure they'll be some weird glitch where we get games for free.

Indeed but hopefully at least one pays off.

#809 Saint'sRow911   Flip 'Em CAGiversary!   1535 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Saint'sRow911

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:20 PM

Assassins Creed 3? We're going backwards here...

Can't say I'm a fan. Guess all I can hope for is a couple credit builders. I'll eventually use my $10 off a used game though.

#810 xstatic187   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   20 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

xstatic187

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:54 AM

Best buy will be dead to me again after they end their program. I actually started to just go and browse the aisles and see if I could use my coupons on anything. Back to online newegg, steam, and green man gaming rule. Amazon blows since they expanded into TX and charge Tax. So no I mainly use newegg.