Sony Dualshock 3 Crimson Red [Transparent] or Metallic Gold $34.99, PS3 Blu-Ray Remote $14.99, PS Vita 16GB Memory Card $32.99 - Newegg

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
htz,

Do you know if their is information out their about Sony allowing the PS3 media remote to be compatible with the PS4?

It's a great remote and the only thing I could think it would be missing is a "Share" button.

htz,

Do you know if their is information out their about Sony allowing the PS3 media remote to be compatible with the PS4?

It's a great remote and the only thing I could think it would be missing is a "Share" button.
Can I use my PS3 Blu-ray remote control on PS4?

No, PS4 does not support the Blu-ray remote control for the PS3.

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/30/ps4-the-ultimate-faq-north-america/

PS4 supports CEC (HDMI Direct Link) and can use your TV's Remote.

Source: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Peripherals-Support/List-of-Compatible-PS3-Accessories-for-PS4-Updated-11-26-2013/td-p/40831841

I think Sony will sell a new PS4 remote once they push out some bug fixes for the PS4.

So tempted to have BB match that Memory Card price and then use GCU for another 20% off; but then I remember that, for me, extra Vita storage is worthless b/c it's the 100 icon limit I'm always up against. What a stupid limitation...

So tempted to have BB match that Memory Card price and then use GCU for another 20% off; but then I remember that, for me, extra Vita storage is worthless b/c it's the 100 icon limit I'm always up against. What a stupid limitation...
GCU discount does not work on price matches or accessories.

Thanks OP, ordered a crimson red DualShock after I smashed the last one on the ground.

I think I still have all of my original 360 controllers, but I've gone through at least 4 PS3 controllers. Not sure what that says about me or the controllers.

Did u create any "folders"? I have a single bubble that is labeled "PSX" and has 8 games in it. And another folder for the built in apps that i rarely use. So with the inclusion of folders, it's no longer a 100 icon limit. Unless u just hate the look of having a folder bubble.

Is that a good deal of 16gb of memory? I thought I had seen these go for less recently.
I think I saw $35 for the 32 GB card a couple weeks ago.

I paid $27 for a 32 GB in October, but it says I used $20 of "credits" at Best Buy. Not sure what that means, and I don't remember. I think it was a GCU thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did u create any "folders"? I have a single bubble that is labeled "PSX" and has 8 games in it. And another folder for the built in apps that i rarely use. So with the inclusion of folders, it's no longer a 100 icon limit. Unless u just hate the look of having a folder bubble.
Folders don't eliminate the 100 icon limit, trust me. I have all my stuff in folders to the point that I'm only using 2 pages; but I've been at my icon limit for nearly a year, so the latest PSN sale and free PSM games have resulted in me having to delete icons.

Like I said, it's such a stupid limitation, especially for SONY: it makes you second-guess purchases that would otherwise be impulse, and also stops you from spending $ on more Memory.

Folders don't eliminate the 100 icon limit, trust me. I have all my stuff in folders to the point that I'm only using 2 pages; but I've been at my icon limit for nearly a year, so the latest PSN sale and free PSM games have resulted in me having to delete icons.

Like I said, it's such a stupid limitation, especially for SONY: it makes you second-guess purchases that would otherwise be impulse, and also stops you from spending $ on more Memory.
Damn, that sucks. Yea, that def doesn't make any sense. I just counted up 73 total icons on mine. I could've sworn that when the update came out with the inclusion of making folders, that that took care of that limit. I hope sony fixes this soon in another OS update.

I guess this might be worth a pricematch, but do you guys really think DS3's are gonna hold their value since they (more or less) are incompatable with PS4?  I'm wondering, if I wait, if I can score a controller for $20 or less later this year.

Last edited:
Picked up a Crimson Red DS3. Really needed to replace my original one as its starting to do stuff by itself. What I mean by that is, I'll be playing Grand Theft Auto V and my character will randomly just out of a speeding vehicle thinking I pressed the triangle button when I never did. This will make my playing on PS3 much more enjoyable now. :p

I think I saw $35 for the 32 GB card a couple weeks ago.

I paid $27 for a 32 GB in October, but it says I used $20 of "credits" at Best Buy. Not sure what that means, and I don't remember. I think it was a GCU thing.
Wow... I wish I would have caught that sale. I need a new card.

Sony should just make a permanent price drop on ds3. My local bestbuy has a crap ton of ds3 and hardly get touched even during 35+ sale price range. With the ps4 already out, hardly doubt people will continue buying these at regular price. They should just sell them at $19.99-$24.99! Ill definitely buy a couple of the other colors.

bread's done
Back